GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A judge set Chaffin's bond at five-thousand-dollars.

Chaffin has now posted the bond and left the jail, without commenting on the case.

Meanwhile, Sheriff Steve Wilson dispels unfounded rumors about Mrs. Parker's whereabouts as the investigation continues.

http://wdef.com/node/3893

So Chaffin is out on bond now but I wonder what the "unfounded rumors about Theresa's whereabouts" is all about??

She told the listeners that she had called the non emergency 911 number to have a deputy go out and check on her sister in the early a.m. hours Thursday. The deputy did and this is what she said, "the deputy went by the house around 6:00a.m. and found Sam Parker's truck in the driveway, but Theresa's car was not there. An hour or two later the deputy went back by the house and found Thersa's car in the driveway and Sam's truck was gone".

Wow! That's explosive new info! TY!

Wouldn't "checking up on" Theresa at least involve the officer getting out his car and knocking on the door instead of simply driving by?:confused:

where they live is not within the city limits. Anything outside the city limits would go to the walker county sheriff's department.
Her sister said she asked the county (sheriff's dept) to do a welfare check. Her husband works for the city of LaFayette.

Investigators aren’t slowing down in the search for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker,” Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said Thursday.

“The search is still on,” Wilson said. “It’s on every day.”
Investigators are continuing to conduct interviews and sorting through information that has already been collected, he said.

~snip~

“My gut feeling is that she is in a 25-mile radius of LaFayette,” he said. “That’s just a hunch with no really strong evidence. But going on cell phone records and those type of things, that’s in the radius that I just described.”

~snip~

More discussion revolves around a meeting Parker was supposed to have with her husband, Sam, a sergeant with the LaFayette Police Department. The couple were reportedly to meet somewhere together to sign papers that might be related to their ongoing divorce. Wilson would not elaborate on the rumors.
“That has been talked about but I don’t want to get into that,” he said. “That could be evidence in the case.”

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=796419&CategoryID=3511&on=1

IMO, that's smart...

Yep, cuts down on all that "He was rude to me. He/she hung up on me. She said I was an idiot for calling the police. He cussed at me when I called," crap!!!!

Yep, cuts down on all that "He was rude to me. He/she hung up on me. She said I was an idiot for calling the police. He cussed at me when I called," crap!!!!

OMG, that's sooooo true! ;)

Operators DO NOT get enough credit for what they do!

I wonder if they have gone over Theresa's car for physical evidence, b/c it sounds like her car was used to dispose of her body, if at one point it was gone from her house but Sam's truck was there instead.

I wonder if they have gone over Theresa's car for physical evidence, b/c it sounds like her car was used to dispose of her body, if at one point it was gone from her house but Sam's truck was there instead.

Yes, they have according to earlier reports. The last I read they had not released her vehicle and it remains with one of the LE agencies but I don't recall which offhand. Sam's patrol car was released back to the PD and last I read it was still there. I don't recall if they had taken Sam's truck....for some reason that's not ringing a bell. I recall someone reporting that "forensic evidence" was taken from the patrol car to the GBI lab. That mighta been the on scene reporter from Fox.

I just heard Catherine Crier on CTV mention Theresa's case and that a LEO was arrested. Sounds like she'll be talking more about this in the next hour! Unfortunately her show doesn't offer transcripts.

I just heard Catherine Crier on CTV mention Theresa's case and that a LEO was arrested. Sounds like she'll be talking more about this in the next hour! Unfortunately her show doesn't offer transcripts.

Betcha this is old news about Ben.:)

Betcha this is old news about Ben.:)

Oh yes I didn't think it was new or she'd a said 'breaking news' or something. They are recapping the story now. Nothing new that I heard. Even so its just great to see this on CC :)

I cannot believe this story is not making the Atlanta news at all. :mad:

Another thing about this area is that there's a mountain with lots of remote bluffs, as well as lots of caves....the places where he could have taken her are endless.

I overheard someone today opining that Parker could have dumped her body in a new grave in a certain cemetary.....she was even going to drive over there and see if there were fresh graves, she had that strong of a feeling about it.

More on the hearing today for Ben Chaffin and the incident in Florida between Sam and Theresa.

"The sheriff said Harbin “Ben” Chaffin is still in custody and he hasn’t made any plans to make bond".

"Channel 2 has learned Sgt. Sam Parker was under probation for 2 years from the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council.

Sgt. Parker was said to have pulled out a gun and fired a shot out of a window, while he and his wife were vacationing in Panama City Beach, Florida. A summary said they were trying to work out marital problems.

The report also states Sgt. Parker had thoughts of committing suicide and was admitted into a mental health facility.

According to the report, Parker stayed in the facility for 9 days. No criminal charges were ever filed.

Parker was on probation from April 2004 until April 2006."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11537581/detail.html

More on the hearing today for Ben Chaffin and the incident in Florida between Sam and Theresa.

"The sheriff said Harbin “Ben” Chaffin is still in custody and he hasn’t made any plans to make bond".

"Channel 2 has learned Sgt. Sam Parker was under probation for 2 years from the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council.

Sgt. Parker was said to have pulled out a gun and fired a shot out of a window, while he and his wife were vacationing in Panama City Beach, Florida. A summary said they were trying to work out marital problems.

The report also states Sgt. Parker had thoughts of committing suicide and was admitted into a mental health facility.

According to the report, Parker stayed in the facility for 9 days. No criminal charges were ever filed.

Parker was on probation from April 2004 until April 2006."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11537581/detail.html

Chaffin waived his hearing and bond was set at 5000.00. Pretty low bond. I wonder if he is afraid to get out....

Regardless, his crime or lie must not be so serious as to warrant a large bond vs. a small bond. This case is confusing as far as what the hay is going on.

"Chaffin waived his hearing and bond was set at 5000.00. Pretty low bond. I wonder if he is afraid to get out....

Regardless, his crime or lie must not be so serious as to warrant a large bond vs. a small bond. This case is confusing as far as what the hay is going on."

AGREED!!!!!!!

Why would he stay in jail when he could bond out for $500.00 cash?

Obviously, there is SO MUCH LE isn't telling the general public. I'm afraid to even speculate any more because with every new detail that is released, it gets even stranger!

Developments in the missing dispatcher case continue to create a lot of speculation as people watch the case unfold.
New rumors surface every day as to Theresa's whereabouts and what really happened to her.
Callers clog phone lines at a local late night talk show about Theresa Parker...

~snip~

O'Neil says many of the calls relate to rumors surrounding what happened to Theresa. Bits and pieces that did strike a chord she passed on to Sheriff Steve Wilson...in case they turned out to be useful in the investigation. Wilson says his department has fielded similar calls.

~snip~

O'Neil says she stays in close contact with law enforcement so she can remain up-to-date on the case and dispell rumors.
She says her show is set up to educate and not to perpetuate misinformation.
http://wdef.com/node/3905/print

Sure woulda loved to have heard this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member