GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad this is their top priority. You'd never know it by the AJC or watching the Atlanta news. Hate to harp on that, but we are less than 2 hours away and they certainly zip on up to this area when there are snow flurries that make good footage!!! (with a nod to Perhaps for that bit of sarcasm).

It is infuriating to see how few leads there are. How can this woman just vanish?

I agree with you....no coverage at all in Atlanta. With the sheer number of people in the metro area you would think a photo or two could have been published. Ya never know who is traveling somewhere and could have seen something.

Thanks Nrthgamom for your article. It was excellent. Reading it gives me great hope she will be found soon.

Scandi

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=796870&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Harbin “Ben” Chaffin, the LaFayette police officer charged with making false statements in the Theresa Parker case, has been released from jail.
Cpl. Chaffin posted $5,000 bond Friday night, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.
“Chaffin will appear in Walker County Superior Court at a date to be determined later,” the sheriff said.
Chaffin’s bond hearing was held Thursday morning and he was returned that day to the Whitfield County jail, where he was being held for safety reasons.
Chaffin is represented by LaFayette attorney David Cunningham. Parker, a 41-year-old Walker County E-911 dispatcher, was last seen on March 21.

Hi NGC and Nrthncmom, When you are out and about do you hear people talking about the case? I'm just wondering if the case is really on peoples minds. I don't think you live in LaFayette NGC, but every case is so different.

For example, in the Michelle Young case it is not the talk of Raleigh NC where she was murdered, Of course there is a big difference as she was found and Teresa hasn't been.

Saying a little prayer that she is found very soon. Scandi

Hi NGC and Nrthncmom, When you are out and about do you hear people talking about the case? I'm just wondering if the case is really on peoples minds. I don't think you live in LaFayette NGC, but every case is so different.

I'm not NGC or Nrthncmom, but when I was in LaFayette Thursday, this case is what everyone that I ran into was talking about. It's very much on people's minds, along with strong opinions on how/why LE is handling things in various ways.

I'm not NGC or Nrthncmom, but when I was in LaFayette Thursday, this case is what everyone that I ran into was talking about. It's very much on people's minds, along with strong opinions on how/why LE is handling things in various ways.

I'm glad people are talking about it. I think that's an interesting comment about Michelle Young and Raleigh. My DH, his dad and his uncle were playing golf in Valdosta a couple of weeks ago with a group of friends from Brunswick, GA, right after Christopher Barrios was found. When he got home I asked what they thought about the case and if people were talking about it. His response was, "Who? What?" I refreshed his memory, and he remembered me talking about it, but apparently no one in this group mentioned it at all while catching up with my FIL about what's going on "down home."

Still no word Saturday from the Walker County 911 dispatcher missing now for more than two weeks.

But around the town of Lafayette, plenty of people are talking about Theresa Parker.

Nearly everywhere you go, you hear about Theresa. You see signs praying for her safe return. You see ribbons on homes and businesses.

"We all just hope she is found soon," said Patty Davis, who works for the Dari-Dip in Lafayette.

The reason for the ribbon on the Dari-Dip is the talk of the town.

"A lot of people come in and they discuss it," Davis said. "There's quite a gathering of people concerned for her."

In such a small town like Lafeyette, Theresa Parker has become a household name.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/theresa_11201___article.html/davis_people.html

"Hi NGC and Nrthncmom, When you are out and about do you hear people talking about the case? I'm just wondering if the case is really on peoples minds. I don't think you live in LaFayette NGC, but every case is so different."

Hi Scandi,

Although I was raised in Lafayette, I have lived in the Chattanooga area (East Ridge) for over 20 years. It's in all the Chattanooga papers but not being talked about much on the streets or anywhere I've been the past week or so. I'm sure the closer you get to LaFayette, that's all they are talking about.

Still no word Saturday from the Walker County 911 dispatcher missing now for more than two weeks.

But around the town of Lafayette, plenty of people are talking about Theresa Parker.

Nearly everywhere you go, you hear about Theresa. You see signs praying for her safe return. You see ribbons on homes and businesses.

"We all just hope she is found soon," said Patty Davis, who works for the Dari-Dip in Lafayette.

The reason for the ribbon on the Dari-Dip is the talk of the town.

"A lot of people come in and they discuss it," Davis said. "There's quite a gathering of people concerned for her."

In such a small town like Lafeyette, Theresa Parker has become a household name.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/theresa_11201___article.html/davis_people.html

She should be the talk of the town. Most people in small towns like Lafayette
don't go missing. When they do you have to look hard at the circumstances.

I certainly hope that people keep talking and keep asking officials about this crime. Teresa deserves this as a member of the community and as a 911 operator. The people that save your life. Her voice was one that calmed someone in a crisis or brought help when needed. Bring Teresa home and help her family through this crisis.

I got all excited that Nancy Grace was talking about Theresa at the top of the show until I saw the caption "Day 9" and realized it is a rerun. :doh:

Oh well, it still might get some people's attention.

Theresa's brother and sister, Jonathan and Hilda Wilson, are on.

They don't know how Chaffin is exactly involved, but feel he knows something. Hilda says she is surprised he is involved. She thought he was a friend of Theresa's as well. Police aren't telling them anything.

KG: Have you seen SP?

JW: Rumor about psych facility, they don't know about that. SP has not helped with any search efforts. SP's sister did refer to PTSD or other emotional issue.

3 searches of SP's home, pond drained.

Number of DV calls to marital home.

KG: Can't believe Chaffin would risk his reputation for a FELONY charge of making false statements. This is serious. Asking for info.

That's it. Crap. Nothing really new.

Oohh Rod Wheeler former LE says that he feels more info will be coming this week as the pressure for Chaffin to come clean with: why he made the false statements and just what does he know. Said Chaffin will be left holding the bag and taking the rap with this case unless he lets them know what he knows etc. Sounded encouraging!

Oh, Yes, Chico, You got a big chortle out of me! Seems like it's high time to squeeze him a bit where it will hurt.

That might sound a bit stiff, but when you think that if Teresa is alive, every minute to her might seem like an hour, every day like an eternity. If she is hurt, has no water or sustinance, can't move, it makes it a time is of the essence priority to find her.

She is a priority to the GBI and that announcement and their seeming fervor might be why they are about to put him on the rack until it hurts!

Scandi

Did I read that Chaffin bailed out of jail? So that means that he is running around free! Him and Sam are sure to put their heads together the first chance they get. I sure as heck wouldn't take the rap for someone. If I were this guy I would be singing my head off. Hard to understand why he even allowed himself to get involved in a murder. Fool. I hope he is sent to prison for lying....everyone else is. If he doesn't talk before he goes to trial maybe he will after he is sent to prison. I wonder if he thinks that he won't be sent to prison because he was in LE? To me, that makes him twice as bad as a regular citizen.

I wish we knew what he lied about. It couldn't be about the pond because they hadn't drained it before he was arrested. He was a fool if he said that both of them were working...to easy to check out. I can't imagine what he lied about.

So Theresa wasn't in the pond. What the heck did Sam do with her? When her car was gone around 6:00 in the morning Sam had to have driven it somewhere. I wonder if they checked the under carriage and tires of it to see if there was mud or any type of foilage they could track down?

Oh, Yes, Chico, You got a big chortle out of me! Seems like it's high time to squeeze him a bit where it will hurt.

That might sound a bit stiff, but when you think that if Teresa is alive, every minute to her might seem like an hour, every day like an eternity. If she is hurt, has no water or sustinance, can't move, it makes it a time is of the essence priority to find her.

She is a priority to the GBI and that announcement and their seeming fervor might be why they are about to put him on the rack until it hurts!

Scandi

Hi Miss Scandi and Happy Easter to you, darlin'

My thoughts and hopes of her still being found alive diminished even a little more when they were talking about giving the det's and investigators the weekend off to recouperate. I would think those guys would still be living on adreneline if they had any significant thought that she was still alive. JMO and all that. How I hope she's still alive, but....

DD

Happy Easter Dawgie.

I bet LE will keep him in their sight, don't you think? Hopefully they have bugged his home, car, phone - I don't know if that would work though as he might6 search everything really well. And you can't bug a cellie I don't think.

Well my thoughts are with Teresa where ever she is. Scandi

Yes, Scandi had a good idea - I seem to remember when SP (the original one from Modesto) was a person of interest, they put a GPS tracker on his truck).
I guess it would be smart to place one on each of their cars -they do say people return to the scene of crimes. (But I'm certainly holding out hope that she is alive.)
LE must know that what SP knows Ben knows. They were presumably very tight and since they worked their shifts together, got along, spent hours together.
As far as PTSD is concerned, using that excuse is an affront to so many military men and women who actually have the affliction. Plus, someone with PTSD should not be in a cruiser, armed with a gun; they should be receiving treatment and I do not mean 9 days in a mental health institution. I mean long term care inpatient and outpatient. His sister dropped that word and let it hang out there. Plus, the PTSD connection could fall very heavily on the LE Department for allowing this to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member