GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~snip~

"We may not be out in the woods everyday walking through the briars and the brush but we're behind the scenes doing interviews following up on technical information that may have come in that we need to sort out," he said.

~snip~

"We're not totally ready to throw in towel to that point but each day becomes more discouraging as you go on and there's nothing really solid to go on," he said. "It's discouraging."

Before Chaffin he can get out of jail, he'll have to go to Walker County to sign the proper paperwork.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=7394

Oops I put the link in the title....should be
Bond Set for Officer Charged in the Parker Investigation

"Chaffin waived his hearing and bond was set at 5000.00. Pretty low bond. I wonder if he is afraid to get out....

Regardless, his crime or lie must not be so serious as to warrant a large bond vs. a small bond. This case is confusing as far as what the hay is going on."

AGREED!!!!!!!

Why would he stay in jail when he could bond out for $500.00 cash?

Obviously, there is SO MUCH LE isn't telling the general public. I'm afraid to even speculate any more because with every new detail that is released, it gets even stranger!

He is being held in a different county. Maybe he knows as long as Sam is not arrested and free to roam then he is in jeopardy. Ben knows something and what that something is could be a threat to his life. No other reason for an LE officer to choose jail vs. a right to be free. He wants protective custody that is not provided for citizens even LE officers without constant supervision that a small rural county cannot afford. JMO.

Possibly But.......Sam has been reported to be a patient in a Mental Facility. If so, then he really isn't a threat to Ben at this time.

But if he had hired someone to make sure Theresa disappeared, then the someone else MIGHT be a threat to Ben. I really do not think this is the way it happened but ya never know.

~snip~

The LaFayette Optimist Club meets weekly at a restaraunt in the south of downtown proper. Last month it gave an award to corporal Harbin Chaffin for his good work in the community, the same officer now criminally entangled in the missing dispatcher case.

~snip~

So does Chaffin's non-appearance impact the strategy of the investigation. Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said, "No, it does not, that's something that can happen, that's a legal maneuver."

~snip~

LaFayette police chief Tommy Freeman says he met in person with Sergeant Sam Parker and says he remains visibly upset. Chief Parker added that he is back in town from his time off, a combination of vacation and sick time. Chief Freeman added it is not clear when Sergeant Parker will return to the force.

Meanwhile, Corporal Chaffin remains in the Whitfield County jail on a five thousand dollar bond.

http://www.newschannel9.com/onset?id=11157&template=article.html&dateformat=%M+%e,%Y

The Sheriff believes Teresa is within a 25 mile radius of Lafayette. Interesting comment, doesn't make me believe that the local LE believes she is still alive. Very sad.

I wonder if they got that from the mileage on their police cars? Or gas records etc.

Interesting, but it's too bad she's still missing.

I am confused about this case.
Let me get this straight, I heard on TV that the officer admitted to helping dispose of the body (just a quick soundbyte) and yet from reading here it seems as if he has not admitted where they dumped the body?

Poor Christina, my heart goes out to her. She obviously had a sense that something was wrong probably right from the mysterious phone call from the Parker house. She did everything she could possibly have done.:(

Her body must have been dumped between the time that the officer went by the house and her car was gone but his truck was there and when the officer checked again and his truck was gone but her car was there.

His truck had no business being there at that time in the morning. He was living at his dads. Strange how the truck and car exchanged places but they weren't there at the same time. They must have taken her car when they dumped her body.

That officer in jail must have heard that Sam is back in town and that is why he is content to stay right there in jail. I wonder what he lied about. Why in the world did he allow himself to get mixed up into something like this? He is a cop for pity sake. We are willing to do things for our friends but that is really crossing the line to even ask someone to get involved in a murder. If this guy knows something I wish he would get honest and tell LE. Theresa was his co-worker too.

SP had been doing some yard work at the marital home and burning stuff. If he is somehow responsible, and I say if, could he have been burning an overnight bag, cell phone, purse, etc. among branches, leaves? No one would have thought anything since everyone burns in the spring. :twocents:

You know, I hadn't thought about that. It's entirely possible. This area is so rural, your neighbors aren't close at all. When I heard that on NG, my thoughts went to him trying to dispose of a body, which my husband said wouldn't be possible, but it would have been the perfect opportunity to dispose of evidence! And it does strike me as odd that he was burning at all. He wasn't even living at the house!

Maybe something more will come out about this!

This made me think of the guy just recently arrested for killing his girlfriend and cutting up her body and putting the pieces on some bar-ba-ques and cooking it until there was NOTHING left. He did this with her whole body over 2-3 days. It is just sickening. He lived in an apt and the neighbors said that something was really stinking over there but they didn't know what it was. They said that he was out there day and night cooking away :sick:

Then there is Steven Avery who murdered Teresa and he burned her body in a burn barrell. Police did find small pieces of bones but not many. He had a red hot bonfire going in that burn barrell.

There have been other cases too. Remember little Marcus F. who was a foster child. His foster parents tied him up and left him in a closet while they traveled to a family reunion. The foster father also burned his body up.

There is a great possibility that Sam did the same with Theresa. If there were not close neighbors and he got a really red hot fire going he could have done that and nothing would be left. I wonder if LE checked whatever he was burning in?

I am just so glad that all the LE agencies appear to be working very hard behind the scenes. Please let them continue to do so because there needs to be a break in this case - Theresa needs to come home.
I'm wondering if SP signed himself into the hospital can he just sign himself out? Is that why Ben is feeling safer in jail?
While he is hospitalized, is he able to have his lawyer visit?

I am just so glad that all the LE agencies appear to be working very hard behind the scenes. Please let them continue to do so because there needs to be a break in this case - Theresa needs to come home.
I'm wondering if SP signed himself into the hospital can he just sign himself out? Is that why Ben is feeling safer in jail?

Wicket - see Chico's message above #464, apparently he's "back in town", so presumably out of the hospital. Good question as to signing himself out.

Good morning Wicket,

If he signed himself into the hospital (heck, could have been for stress-induced symptoms, or dehydration, etc...)...then yes, he can sign himself out.

Is that why Ben is feeling safer in jail? Who knows, that could be part of it...but also, he's out of media's reach while sitting in there, versus being followed, phone calls and visits to his house, etc. Same with other locals, etc. trying to get in touch with him. Maybe he knows that's the only way he's going to be left alone for a bit. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watching what his demeanor may be. (And same with SP!!!!:razz: IMO, he's deeply involved.)

And yes, SP could have been having lawyer visits in the hospital.

JMO, etc.
DD

Good morning to all...

Well, had hoped to see an update that they found Theresa. No such luck "yet."

Thanks to all who gave updates and links!

Still hoping for news of Theresa as the weather is expected to drop below freezing here tonight.

The Atlanta paper is still not reporting this at all except for a tiny blurb about Chaffin's arrest. Very vague. Not helpful.

Thanks to all who are providing links to actual information and local color.

Investigators were working through Good Friday to find missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

The full team of investigators — including four Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents, four sheriff’s detectives, one FBI agent as well as the sheriff and Maj. Hill Morrison — were at the sheriff’s department Friday morning working on the case, Wilson said. Other detectives have been used as needed during the course of the investigation.
The crew is working “behind the scenes” again, poring over the mounds of data and leads.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=796699&CategoryID=3511&on=1

LaFayette police Sgt. Sam Parker, considered a “person of interest” in the disappearance of his wife Theresa Parker, has been suspended without pay.

~snip~

“On Thursday, April 5, 2007, Sgt. Sam Parker was suspended without pay pending a review of discrimination recommended by the City Manager,” Freeman said in the statement. “The suspension was due to a violation of department policy and city personnel policy. Sgt. Parker has the right to appeal and in light of that, I cannot comment any further on this situation.”

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...pnpID=730&NewsID=796705&CategoryID=18845&on=1

"LaFayette police Sgt. Sam Parker, considered a “person of interest” in the disappearance of his wife Theresa Parker, has been suspended without pay."

Walker Messenger
http://tinyurl.com/3d9p4u

imo

"LaFayette police Sgt. Sam Parker, considered a “person of interest” in the disappearance of his wife Theresa Parker, has been suspended without pay."

Walker Messenger
http://tinyurl.com/3d9p4u

imo

Sorry, enzeder - guess we both hit the "submit" button at the same time. Do you know how I can delete my post. Tnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member