GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info. I had removed the question I raised, which was Parker telling his sister he last saw Theresa Wednesday evening at 7:30, and told the sheriff he was burning leaves till dark.

The sheriff told Nancy Grace, around here that's 8, 8:15.

I considered that a discrepancy. However, when I considered the date, March 21, I thought the sheriff had misspoke, and the time would be 6 to 6:15, and with daylight savings time 7 to 7:15.

If he left directly at 7 or a little before, that would be the right timing to drop by Theresa's home about 7:30.

But looking at another sunrise - sunset calendar just now, I see sunset was 7:46 for March 21, 2007.

On the other hand, if the helper was a 16 year old Cordell Road neighbor, it is likely he brought the boy home and then went over to Theresa's. So the boy getting home and him talking to Theresa would be the same time, and in that case there would be no discrepancy in those times.

That extra bit about the helper being a Cordell Road neighbor teenager helps a lot. Thanks.

rd

Great job RD....you're probably right about the phone call being to Hilda; I don't know why I didn't think about that, but for some reason when they said sister I just assumed Christina and didn't even think about Hilda????

Thanks, gagal. Now if they will just take you up on your suggestion to search until volunteers stop showing up. One thing they did do is ask citizens to search their property, but that leaves the timber properties, national forests, lakes, etc.

rd

Great job rd thank you IMO
It looks to me that someone had 6 hours to fight, accidently kill, prepare package, load, drive, dump off package, make sure no sign of being there then returning to the house in Lafayette between 6a and 8a if police timing is accurate. You know the young lady who was killed by her police boyfriend Jessie Davis? He took her 28 miles away and dug a grave in the same amount of time. Did not see his time line but it seems to be almost the same. I really do not think he drove for 3 hours to cover his tracks I think it is much closer to home. I would look for a hunt camp or his haunts, like where he grew up where his father lived and his prior address, near the last known phone position that a certain person would have had owner ship or knew someone with ownership. If you look at google earth there are tons and tons of acerage for him to go to. This is so very discouraging. He will trip up sooner or later I just wish it were sooner for family.

~snip~

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson tells NewsChannel 9 that Harbin (Ben) A. Chaffin has been arrested on three new felony warrants obtained by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Today Chaffin was taken into custody by the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force in Mobile, Alabama. He was transported to the Metro County Jail, Mobile, Alabama, where he will have an extradition hearing.

He is charged with:
-- 1 Count Violation of Oath by Public Officer
-- 1 Count Tampering with Evidence
-- 1 County Computer Invasion of Privacy

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/chaffin_13923___article.html/county_charged.html

~snip~

Mr. Chaffin worked the same shift as former LaFayette officer Sam Parker, who is Mrs. Parker's estranged husband and the only person of interest named in the investigation of her disappearance.

Both Mr. Parker and Mr. Chaffin were off duty the evening of March 21, the last night Mrs. Parker was seen, officials said.

Mr. Parker has maintained that he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=18267&zoneid=41

just offhand, I wonder if Chaffin used a work related computer to change the scheduling or something...

~snip~

Mr. Chaffin worked the same shift as former LaFayette officer Sam Parker, who is Mrs. Parker's estranged husband and the only person of interest named in the investigation of her disappearance.

Both Mr. Parker and Mr. Chaffin were off duty the evening of March 21, the last night Mrs. Parker was seen, officials said.

Mr. Parker has maintained that he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=18267&zoneid=41

just offhand, I wonder if Chaffin used a work related computer to change the scheduling or something...

Great observation Chico you may very well be correct. The arrest is good news for bringing the first steps in justice to Theresa.

That's what it sounds like, chico. More than one person has posted that they are familiar with Ben and believe he had come clean. Maybe he had already admitted to what they charged him with, I don't know. But I would have thought they would tell him to stick around if he confessed to three felony charges.

So maybe he didn't.

rd

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0707/440026.html

Could this be connected?

Birmingham - The Birmingham Police Department reports today that on Monday, July 16, 2007, at approximately 2:00 p.m., Homicide Investigators discovered a decomposed body at 2015 Vanderbilt Road.

The identity of the victim has not been determined at this time.

Detectives, who were acting on an anonymous tip, went to the incident location and discovered the victim behind an abandoned textile business.

The victim was taken to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office this morning to determine the sex and cause of death.

If there is anyone who has information pertaining to the case, they are encouraged to contact the B.P.D. Homicide Unit @ 254-1764 or Crime Stoppers @ 254-7777

Hello everyone. I have been out of town and am just now catching up with everything.

I saw yesterday that Chaffin had been re-arrested. I still have to wonder if he is actually "involved" or if they think he can "sink" SP.

Now after reading everything I have missed, help me with some clarifications and hear my "random" thoughts as well.

Not regarding the "ACTUAL" time they alledgedly returned, please think about this ... if they really did go "fishing", the part of about being done fishing at 2:30 and back at the house by 3, could still work. It had been mentioned previously that perhaps this "fishing trip" were made to Alabama. Weiss Lake is just across the state line and can be a pretty quick trip. There is an hour difference, as Alabama is on Central Time and Georgia is Eastern Time. Just a thought on that .... However, if there were at Armstrong's at 2:30, I doubt very serious they could eat and get back to LaFayette by 3:00. It's isn't that far away, but you have to allow for eating time, etc.

From what I can see, he needs an alibi for being at "a lake". Otherwise, why not just say you were at the lawyer's office ? If people saw you, you have your alibi. I have often wondered if they should be searching Weiss Lake. However, it is VERY large, and without some idea of where to start, there is no telling how long it could take. Funny thing, I heard about a week or so they the water was being lowered with the dam or something at Lake Weiss. Has anyone heard this ? Could it be related ? Could it help "reveal" something ?

Additionally, please help me remember ... did TP file for the divorce ? Or would SP's attorney be handling the paperwork ? Did she have papers served to him ? Was it an uncontested divorce, etc ? I wonder if SP dropped by TP's lawyer's office often ? I suppose each divorce is different. My divorce was handled in Chattooga county. There was one trip to the attorney by my ex, and then a "joint" trip where we both signed the papers. I guess I don't know enough about divorce proceedings to question any of this.

Someone also mentioned that those who had credit card receipts, etc. to prove either of the men were in town prior to the 3PM time. I would think if LE was questioning the story, they would have access to credit card, info, etc. However, I do wonder now about people seeing them and being afraid to speak out.

Also, did Christina ever say "why" she didn't answer the call at 10:44 pm ?

Also, I am curious to know ... was the boat kept in a garage ? Did the "drive by" officer see the boat hooked up to the truck ?? Where was TP's car at this time ?

Also, the statement is made that the head to Chattooga County and stop and by bait. I can't imagine they fished anywhere in Chattooga. Perhaps they drove through there on the way to Weiss ?

Ok, did they actually have an appointment at the bank to close on this property ?? Did SP show up ?? If there was an appointment, and TP was to get $$, did the bank not think something strange for her to not show ? I wonder how SP acted at the bank when she didn't show. Would love to hear so more info on this bank meeting.

I can only think that Christina is the one that made the unanswered call after midnight, given what Theresa had told her about staying until after midnight, and not getting an answer, called the sheriff's office and asked for a courtesy check on Theresa's home.

That would be the last call that the police are not identifying, if I recall correctly that that was reported. If it is, I missed it in my postings and left it out of the timeline.
Not sure why they would not identify a call to her sister. I would think also, if Christina saw that call from the house and didn't answer for whatever reason, that she would have called TP's cell "THEN". Also, did the drive by officer report back to Christina that TP's car was not there and then SP's was ? If so, would that no throw up a red flag if he was not supposed to be at the home ? If SP wasn't or hadn't been at the house in a while, why would Christina "assume" it was him calling.

Thanks for that info. I had removed the question I raised, which was Parker telling his sister he last saw Theresa Wednesday evening at 7:30, and told the sheriff he was burning leaves till dark.

The sheriff told Nancy Grace, around here that's 8, 8:15.

I considered that a discrepancy. However, when I considered the date, March 21, I thought the sheriff had misspoke, and the time would be 6 to 6:15, and with daylight savings time 7 to 7:15.

If he left directly at 7 or a little before, that would be the right timing to drop by Theresa's home about 7:30.

But looking at another sunrise - sunset calendar just now, I see sunset was 7:46 for March 21, 2007.
I was thinking about this. Do you have leaves in your yard in March ? I don't have enough trees, but usually mine come off the trees in Sept/Oct (FALL), and have blown away by Christmas. Just a random thought ......

Well, I must run for now. I am sure I am just missing a lot of things I am asking. But, the more I read, the more confused I get .....

Edwards - as far as the alibi and the lie about the fishing trip, I think he made that up simply because he needed an excuse for being seen at the house early that morning. I think he was either just worried someone saw him OR more likely he was tipped by one of his LE friends who didn't realize the magnitude of the situation yet that he was seen there when Theresa's sister requested the wellfare check on that Thursday morning. I think he panicked and needed a lie to explain why he was there and this fishing trip is what he came up with........I think he simply forgot that he had been seen at the lawyer's office that same Thursday until the lie was already told. Bill Slack probably agreed to lie for him, thinking that Sam was innocent and Theresa would show back up?????? That's my theory.

As far as the 10:44 call that Christina didn't answer, I don't think it has ever been totally explained before but the impression I got was that Christina was asleep and just saw the call on the caller ID later and thought then it wasn't Theresa b/c she told her she would be at the new apartment cleaning until after midnight......I think it could have been her calling though if she got to the apartment and decided it was too late and she was too tired and would just go on home and get rest and start fresh the next morning. She could have been calling her sister to let her know she had came home early and had made it home safe OR she could have been calling her to tell her something different...

As far as the leaves, I'm embarrassed to say that yes I had a bunch of leaves in my yard in March too that we had to rake up only because we didn't do it in sept/October of last year. Since this was his father's home and his father was older, he might have just not done it either and Sam been cleaning out his yard now that his father was gone and he was living there.

Theresa Parker's family wants answers from Ben Chaffin.

~snip~

Friends are friends but when it comes to something like this its time to open up and speak the truth," Richard Fielding, Theresa Parker's brother, says.

Chaffin was arrested in Mobile, Alabama and has signed a waiver of extradition. He has a hearing in Mobile tomorrow morning.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=9788

~snip~

Chaffin has a bond hearing early tomorrow morning in Mobile, Alabama.

In addition, questions surrounding his extradition are expected in that hearing.
The Gulf Coast Regional Task Force picked up Chaffin at his mother's house in Irvington, Ala. Tuesday.
The Task Force picked him up on GBI warrants, including violation of oath by an officer, tampering with physical evidence and computer invasion of privacy.

This is the second arrest... the GBI arrested Chaffin back in April on charges he lied to agents during the investigation of Theresa Parker's disappearance. We learned today that the violation of oath accusation happened before Chaffin resigned from the LaFayette police department. In addition, we found out the computer invasion of privacy charge relates to Chaffin getting into an Internet account that was not his.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/chaffin_13957___article.html/parker_theresa.html

~snip~

Georgia officials alerted authorities in Mobile about the warrants. Alabama authorities had been keeping a watch on him and had seen his car coming and going from his mother's house in nearby Irvington, Ala., spokeswoman for the Mobile County Sheriff's Office, Kate Johnson, said.

~snip~

Mr. Chaffin's lawyer is LaFayette-based David Cunningham, an employee the Cunningham & Mullinax law firm confirmed Wednesday. Mr. Cunningham could not be reached for comment.

At the hearing, a judge will decide if Mr. Chaffin will be extradited to Georgia or if a bond will be set. If Mr. Chaffin chooses to challenge the extradition, he could sit in jail for up to 60 days and his case would go to the governor, Ms. Johnson said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=18324&zoneid=41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory