GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a treadmill in the corner of the master bedroom. Allison May have walked at home.

Thanks possumheart.
So ... There was a treadmill in the corner of the master bedroom.
Starting to make a bit more sense. (I always thought it a little odd that Allison was outside walking the streets, leaving three small children at home. Might have believed it if the husband was all up to scratch so to speak etc)
Is this what is meant when we hear that Allison walked in the morning?
Is this how Allison was walking for weight loss?

Maybe the bonnet & motor was still slightly warm, use it problem solved.
The motor can hold warmth for a surprising time.
....or my thinking has been that the bonnet was still warm from the trip with Allison's body on the night before ....

In fact, that Olivia went straight to the house along with Nigel BC ........ picked up GBC in her vehicle (Nigel stayed with the children) and she and GBC went driving around. It does appear from what Nigel said ..... that Olivia arrived at the house pretty close to the same time as he said that GBC also returned.

I need to check the GBC phone record to see if he may not have needed to phone Olivia (because they were together in her vehicle).

Thanks possumheart.
Starting to make a bit more sense. (I always thought it a little odd that Allison was outside walking the streets, leaving three small children at home. Might have believed it if the husband was all up to scratch so to speak etc)

It was mentioned when they reported on day one of trial, they have a virtual reconstruction of the home on day four AD (after 'disappearance'). Treadmill in the corner, suitcases on the bed.

Hey all :) Thanks for the great trial reporting and thoughtful discussion so far.

Old poster from 2012 - been following ever since but finally got around to digging up my password to comment on a couple of things that are bugging me.

I wonder if the taking of the vaccum cleaner by NBC was a part of their usual routine.
Sounds like this particular time at least he had to be told to take it and where to take it from.

Does anyone else find it totally out of character that NBC would be heading off to vacuum someone else's house? I find it highly unlikely because of:
(a) personality - the arrogance and superiority displayed in the witness stand and elsewhere
(b) previous life as a Rhodesian ex-pat - in Southern Africa in that era, nearly everyone with even a modest income had servants. Heck, my cheap little bed-sit in Jo'burg in the 1980s came with a regular maid service included in the rent.
I'd be surprised if he knew how to turn a vacuum on!
Real Bwanas don't Hoover!

And stunned (but I guess not that surprised) by some of NBCs statements in the witness stand that contradict so many things previously independently verified. Knew of no problems in the marriage? Only helped in the business putting up signs? Had no idea of the finances of the business, despite investments made/loans given? *boggle*

Looking forward to some more detailed questioning on Monday...

Thanks possumheart.

I had no car when I lived in Brookfield and often walked to work(down by the rest home in Gold Creek Road). I would start at 7am and would always walk right past the BC house. I never saw any other person out walking in the morning except to catch the bus.

Thanks possumheart.

I don't think the information the girls gave should be disregarded. They were interviewed on the afternoon of the 20th and spoke of their Mum going for walks. The 20th is the very same day they knew their Mum was missing. It is my opinion that the girls would know better than just about anyone (other than GBC), whether their Mum went for morning walks or not, and there was little time before their interview for them to be 'coached' into a story about that imo. Also, that a mother would leave three kids at home with their Dad to go for a walk isn't odd at all imo. GBC looked after the girls often, so I don't think there would be anything odd or wrong at all that ABC might choose to leave the kids at home with him whilst she went for a walk.

Maybe the bonnet & motor was still slightly warm, use it problem solved.
The motor can hold warmth for a surprising time.

Yes and maybe the vacuum was still warm also .he could have taken it in the captiva , to maybe a rental property , cleaned up , returned home , put it in the prado and told Nigel to take it before the police could examine it

I do two walks each weekend, each 13km. They help me with anxiety and depression and make up for my desk job. I am a bit lighter than A was. You have to work up to it and it is best to have 'fancy' joggers or your feet can suffer dreadfully. It's a LONG way from Brookfield to Anstead - I wouldn't even consider it.

From my post above...

Enquiries with the deceased's parents and close friends indicated that the deceased was not known to walk for excercise and was unlikely to have gone walking late at night.

I would have thought her dance teaching would have been enough excercise...?

Ms Fowler told the service "exercise and going to the gym was not her (sister's) thing . . . I recall her sitting on her bed with a diet book in one hand and a block of chocolate in the other," she said, eliciting a chorus of fond laughter.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...on-is-farewelled/story-e6frg6nf-1226353394047

no matter how many times I read about Allison walking the above is always in the back of my mind....

GBC has said theat he became worried because Allison wasn't back from her walk and she was intending to go to a Real Estate Conference at 7am - so what time did Allison normally return from her walk and again as he wasn't up when she left for the walk why did he immediately assume she was out walking, not having left for the conference earlier. GBC needed Allison to be out walking, perhaps her body was dumped somewhere else and not being found quick enough so she was moved to Kholo Bridge. I also recall that the clothes Allison was wearing were too big a size for her.

GBC has said theat he became worried because Allison wasn't back from her walk and she was intending to go to a Real Estate Conference at 7am - so what time did Allison normally return from her walk and again as he wasn't up when she left for the walk why did he immediately assume she was out walking, not having left for the conference earlier. GBC needed Allison to be out walking, perhaps her body was dumped somewhere else and not being found quick enough so she was moved to Kholo Bridge. I also recall that the clothes Allison was wearing were too big a size for her.

I believe the coroner said the body had not been moved I think.

I forgot about the clothes being too big....but then maybe they were her 'fat clothes' ....we all have them...don't we ?

....or my thinking has been that the bonnet was still warm from the trip with Allison's body on the night before ....

In fact, that Olivia went straight to the house along with Nigel BC ........ picked up GBC in her vehicle (Nigel stayed with the children) and she and GBC went driving around. It does appear from what Nigel said ..... that Olivia arrived at the house pretty close to the same time as he said that GBC also returned.

I need to check the GBC phone record to see if he may not have needed to phone Olivia (because they were together in her vehicle).
Okay ... GBC's phone he phoned:-
His Dad at approx 6.45am;
Phoned Olivia at 6.55 am;
Phoned Olivia at 7.06am;
Phoned Olivia again at 7.11am;
Phoned to 131444 at 6.15am to report ABC missing;
Phoned Olivia again at 7.19am;
Phoned Olivia again at 7.39am.

Kieron Ash statement - Police arrived at GBC residence at 8am....GBC standing at the top of the stairs / Nigel BC appeared from inside the house / soon after his sister Olivia appeared and drove the 3 children to school in the blue sedan.

Yeah exactly! I'd be hurdling the fence to look!

As you all know, I have no local knowledge and don't know the home in 61 Boscombe Road Brookfield. I have learned, it is near the BC residence.
GBC (often?) had met his mistress in vacant houses, maybe also in houses of friends. Did he perhaps forcibly brought ABC into this other home (near BC residence and near the location, the neighbours heard noises, voices, screams from) and there perpetraded the murder? Then GBC eliminated traces and brought ABC to Kholo Creek Bridge (or first Kholo Bridge, then eliminating)?

In this case, we would know, why the 3 little girls heard nothing of all.

One idea more: Perhaps he had preplanned that scenario for a later date (but before 1. July because of his promise to his mistress).

Walking's great and I used to walk a lot. But if I'd had my hair done the night before and knew I had an early start in the morning at a venue where I wanted to look my best, there's no way I'd go walking early in the morning - not with all the other things that needed attending to such as kid's lunches, getting ready and organised etc. I do not believe Allison chose to go for a walk that morning and won't believe it unless it's proven beyond all doubt

Well what an emotional few days. To see all the familiar names back on here after so long really pulls at the heartstrings. I have always thought that even though he wanted out of the marriage and had told his mistress a date -that the events that night were not pre meditated. After the girls went to sleep ( and saw mum on the couch watching TV) I believe a domestic argument broke out - probably about the next day's conference. In my opinion things escalated and Allison did change and leave the house distressed( noise was heard in varying directions). Things may have been "heated " in the carport , hence the botanic matter found and GBC's scratches. But I do believe ABC left on foot and was mortally challenged in a second area by someone who followed in a car.

All in my own opinion

Well what an emotional few days. To see all the familiar names back on here after so long really pulls at the heartstrings. I have always thought that even though he wanted out of the marriage and had told his mistress a date -that the events that night were not pre meditated. After the girls went to sleep ( and saw mum on the couch watching TV) I believe a domestic argument broke out - probably about the next day's conference. In my opinion things escalated and Allison did change and leave the house distressed( noise was heard in varying directions). Things may have been "heated " in the carport , hence the botanic matter found and GBC's scratches. But I do believe ABC left on foot and was mortally challenged in a second area by someone who followed in a car.

All in my own opinion

... And Olivia knows the truth ...
... BRING IT ON ...
... and be convincing ...​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics