General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lauriej said:
..would "cannon" be the canyon bike shop that we've heard of ?
Is Cannon actually HP or Marketstar?

It looks like Marketstar sets up sales/alliances with lots of companies, and Canon is one of them.

http://www.marketstar.com/company/management.asp

"As a 12-year veteran of MarketStar, Forsberg has developed national and international sales strategies for dozens of leading and emerging technology companies including Sony, Cisco, HP, Samsung, Microsoft, Intel and Canon. "

Thanks Julia that's sort of what I was thinking...One thing solved, now to get a murder solved. =(

Thank you all for what you posted. I wasn't trying to take the emphasis off Janet, just thinking about how a sheltered child and teen thinks and reacts with kindness.

I got help and resolved my feelings of misplaced guilt about what happened to me years ago. I actually thought it was my fault for a few years.

God is good. I lived through it, and am not bitter or untrusting because one person took advantage of my trusting, naive nature.
Janet didn't live through it, and it's hard for me to wonder why this had to happen to her.

Thinkoflaura said:
Thank you all for what you posted. I wasn't trying to take the emphasis off Janet, just thinking about how a sheltered child and teen thinks and reacts with kindness.

I got help and resolved my feelings of misplaced guilt about what happened to me years ago. I actually thought it was my fault for a few years.

God is good. I lived through it, and am not bitter or untrusting because one person took advantage of my trusting, naive nature.
Janet didn't live through it, and it's hard for me to wonder why this had to happen to her.
I understand the misplaced guilt TOL very much, I am untrusting but have seen many take advantage of others.

I don't spend my time wondering why this happened to Janet any longer, I know why it happened. It happened because someone is a narcissistic, sociopathic, Murderer, that thinks only of himself. The problem with this is the fact that in the Mormon Faith, when you married you are married for all eternity, but he seemed to forget that is NULL and VOID when you commit murder, and he will be damned for ALL eternity in hell and hopefully on Earth soon.

good post trix..........my sentiments exactly:

"he will be damned for ALL eternity in hell and hopefully on Earth soon."

....like the sound of that.......the sooner the better............

Very new to this, but wonder if the 911 call was sealed by the court? I looked at the NC general stautes, and it appears that if it was not sealed by an official court, than it is public record, although there is an element that says if it identifies witnesses, victims, etc, it does not have to be public, altho on the flip side...that info has been released, just not the actual tape or any actual quotes from it that I can tell. The other thing that is concerning, that if a tape is not sealed, than it can legally be destoyed after 30 days. This may have all been rehashed, It is taking me a long time to get through all of this. Ugh...Here are the GS paragraphs. I think I can post them.

132 1.4. Criminal investigations; intelligence information records…..
c) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, and unless otherwise prohibited by law, the following information shall be public records within the meaning of G.S. 132 1.
(4) The contents of "911" and other emergency telephone calls received by or on behalf of public law enforcement agencies, except for such contents that reveal the name, address, telephone number, or other information that may identify the caller, victim, or witness.

(i) Law enforcement agencies shall not be required to maintain any tape recordings of "911" or other communications for more than 30 days from the time of the call, unless a court of competent jurisdiction orders a portion sealed.

Well I guess first thing Monday Morning I need to look into seeing if I can get a copy of it or if it is still available.

..if i'm reading this right, then i'm hoping/counting on THIS particular 911 call falling under this part of the NC statute:

(i) Law enforcement agencies shall not be required to maintain any tape recordings of "911" or other communications for more than 30 days from the time of the call, unless a court of competent jurisdiction orders a portion sealed.

..surely a 911 call made that involves a murder will not be destroyed until the murder itself is solved....

lauriej said:
..if i'm reading this right, then i'm hoping/counting on THIS particular 911 call falling under this part of the NC statute:

..surely a 911 call made that involves a murder will not be destroyed until the murder itself is solved....
I agree, lauriej. I think that's a "cover your *advertiser censored*s" sort of statute. Look again at this:

the following information shall be public records within the meaning of G.S. 132 1.

(4) The contents of "911" and other emergency telephone calls received by or on behalf of public law enforcement agencies, except for such contents that reveal the name, address, telephone number, or other information that may identify the caller, victim, or witness.

Does that not cover nearly every single 911 call ever made? Public except in the case that it divulges information on the caller, victim, or witness. Sadly, I don't think that we'll get our hands on that call until they are ready to release it. Someone in the media would probably have a much better chance though.

JerseyGirl said:
I agree, lauriej. I think that's a "cover your *advertiser censored*s" sort of statute. Look again at this:

the following information shall be public records within the meaning of G.S. 132 1.

Does that not cover nearly every single 911 call ever made? Public except in the case that it divulges information on the caller, victim, or witness. Sadly, I don't think that we'll get our hands on that call until they are ready to release it. Someone in the media would probably have a much better chance though.

I agree. And I'm just certain that LE has kept the recording of that call as well. It's still an open homicide, and if nothing else, that 911 call presumably has information on it that could very well come up at trial - Raven reporting that Janet had been "shot."

I believe so too SES and Jersey. I don't think that would be Public and I do not see them getting rid of that record of the 911 call.

From reading all through the threads there were so much speculation of what was told to LE on that 911 call by "The Rave" and it is still and Open Investigation, and a homicide at that. It is being preserved is my opinion.

I am not sure how to go about this, and after having read this entire site, I am wondering in light of the nearing 1 yr anniversary, if it would be appropriate to send notes to the local media and LE about the status/silence regarding this case? I don't want to harrass anyone, but also want to feel like my family is relatively safe in this neighborhood. I saw a media writing blitz proposed on one thread here in 1/06 I think, and don't really know what came of that. Please let me know if this would be appropriate. Thanks

Hi Cafeinatd,

Well since there is going to be a Candlelight Vigil in Durham, NC on April 29, 2006 at 7:00 pm at "The Plaza" at the Marriott Civic Center, I am hoping that there will be attention for this. It states Guest Speakers TBA - and I'm really wondering who is going to be speaking.

I woke up this morning and saw the post here and was excited for the first time in a long time and I went to http://tearsforjanet.com

I hope that they will have media attention there also.

Since you live in the area, perhaps you can go to the site and help by downloading the flyers and printing some off to pass around to those that you know in the area and rounding up as many people as you can to support the family.

I wrote to the Webmaster of T4J to ask if they need my help by faxing the flyers off to local area businesses in Durham, and I am waiting for a response. l will keep you updated if I hear from them.

I won't be able to make the vigil, but will definitely make sure my calendar is clear when the perpetrator of this horrendous crime is brought to Justice.

If you hear any local news on this, please keep us posted, and perhaps if you go you can come to Websleuths and give us some details on it if you go for those that do not live in the area.

Thanks Trix,

I have printed some of the flyers, I plan to take them to the convenient stores around this neighborhood, post some at work and in this residential area. I will be attending with a few friends. In looking at the Durham Downtown calendar, it looks like there are several events scheduled for that night and weekend, so maybe if the info is out there, lot's of people will come. I sure hope so, wonder if Raven will show?
Hopefully the media will know about it, and cover it.

Awesome Cafeinatd. I went to the site this evening and they now have more flyers, that are pdf files and it seems the graphics changed a little bit.

There is still no announcement of who is speaking, but I am wondering big-time who it is.

I received an email from webmaster@tearsforjanet.com that said all help is welcomed and if I would like to fax to businesses in Durham, they would appreciate it.

So I guess it is a go.

Caf, I really hope you get a chance to go and will come back and let us know how the vigil went.

I really hope there is some media exposure for it too!

Durham Police Dept.
January 24, 2006.

http://www.durhampolice.com/news/pdf/060124_1.pdf

..i was looking around and hadn't recalled seeing this before..

.."In the hours before her death, Janet Abaroa, who was in the early stages of her pregnancy, picked up her child from day care, and went with her husband to drop off her car for repairs...."
.."Raven left at 8:30 , in a Dodge Durango,to play in a soccer game in Morriseville.........................found his wife when he returned".

................surely even raven finds it highly suspect, that in the couple of hours that he's gone------------a stranger ? (doesn't) break in----------murders his wife---------and steals--------oh right, a mere laptop?

...and if janet went with him to the car repair shop------------she drove the acura, they dropped it off........( for what repairs ?? BIG ones ? something they COULD afford?) -----------they all drive home in the durango--------(the only vehicle searched by LE)-----where's the pride and joy VX?

..edit: spelling..........

..since raven played soccer that night in morriseville------------it's approx. 19 minutes from durham to morrisevile ( a la'"mapquest")----------how long was he playing soccer ?

a

icon-dirs-start
Durham, NC US Revise | New Directions

icon-dirs-end
Morrisville, NC US Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 19 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 15.02 miles

caffeinatd said:
Thanks Trix,

I have printed some of the flyers, I plan to take them to the convenient stores around this neighborhood, post some at work and in this residential area. I will be attending with a few friends. In looking at the Durham Downtown calendar, it looks like there are several events scheduled for that night and weekend, so maybe if the info is out there, lot's of people will come. I sure hope so, wonder if Raven will show?
Hopefully the media will know about it, and cover it.
..i think it's wonderful of you "caffeinatd" to do this!

..the people of durham need to be reminded of this horrible murder and get out there and support justice in their city..

..the 1st vigil in her honour? how could raven possibly NOT show and explain himself ?

..i look forward to hearing all about it from you , take care, and remember that those of us unable to be there, ARE there in spirit with you...

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-728391.html

Family awaits answers in death

By BriAnne Dopart : The Herald-Sun
bdopart@heraldsun.com
Apr 26, 2006 : 12:01 am ET

...Although police have not released any updates on the case, Durham police spokeswoman Kammie Michael described the investigation as "still very active" and said that investigators are following several leads. She did not elaborate.

However, Michael said, investigators are still looking for a laptop computer that was missing from the home.

That's the best news I've heard all month. I hope and pray that these leads are solid ones and that combined with the vigil might force something to break in this case very, very soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back