General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched a 48 hours about Christopher Porco being found guilty for murdering his father. It never ceases to amaze me in the face of overwhelming evidence that someone is guilty, there are always those people that still believe the person charged is innocent and they just sound so ridiculous. ( like the defense attorneys )
Great line the prosecutor said.... It is either one of two things, he is either guilty or he is the unluckiest person in the world.
Porco was living well beyond his means, had forged his father's signature on bank loans and when the father had found out then he killed his father and failed at killing his mother with an axe, for the insurance money. The mother when asked who had done this to her on the night in question nodded yes when the detective asked her if Chris had done this to her. 3 paramedics witnessed this. One of the defense's arguments was... do you think he would be so stupid as to park his yellow jeep in the parents driveway while he killed them. A neighbour witnessed the jeep in the driveway the night of the murder and the defense tried discounting the neighbours testimony by saying it was most likely a false memory. Yeah, OK.

I think sociopaths think they are so much smarter than the rest of us and that they cannot get caught.
His brother and he were estranged. The father at one point had told the mother he thought their son may be a sociopath.
I remember someone on this site at the very beginning of the TB murder, saying follow the money. This would of course be regarding the death of WM.
With TB I think DM just thought he was so much smarter and would never be caught. He wanted that truck, period.
Just me rambling and MOO.
Have we followed the money???
I am sure I will be glued to my TV on the night they air The TB story.

BBM Yes I am in total agreement with you there Eldee. Yes they typically are socio/psychopaths and they are sloppy and believe they are intelligent, that's how they end up getting caught.

IMO there needs to be those who "go against the grain", as it helps to bring about further questions and answers to help strength the investigation and case and solidify guilt or innocence. There will always be those playing devil's advocates trying to deny the facts/evidence because they may have some personal investment to do with the accused, they believe someone should not be seen as guilty until it is proven in a court of law, or those who just like a challenge as it brings some sort of satisfaction/pleasure for them. In the case of a defense attorney...well it's their job and they hope if they raise enough doubt, they can win a case which in turn, will bring them notoriety and more business.

In this case, it's becoming more apparent, the more we sleuth and uncover information, DM is not the squeaky clean, intelligent, ambitious, guy many assume he is. Nor is he as wealthy as being assumed. There may be wealth there, but I believe it is sitting in limbo, frozen right now and was at the time of TB's murder. It had only been five months since WM death, and highly doubt DM had access to his father's complex estate. Because WM's death was ruled suicide, there was an investigation still underway as LE have stated, the case remained open and ongoing. I can see why DM wanted to throw in the towel and unload Millardair. He was looking for a quick buck. Even to sell of equipment would bring him some cash, not much but a bit of pocket change so to speak. I see the bigger picture he and MS were into stealing vehicles to make money. I believe they were inexperienced car thefts and this is what brought about the notion of what they thought would be an easy theft...test drives. No, I don't think LE rushed to judgement when they made their arrests. They have the evidence to solidify this case and it will be proven in court. ALL JMHO.

The Office of the Chief Coroner also has an ongoing investigation into the father's death.

It is not unusual however, for a coroner's investigation to take months to complete, even when no foul play is suspected, says Cheryl Mahyr, issues manager in the coroner's office.

"There's no prescribed time limit on how long it takes," she says. The length of the invest:silly:igation can depend on "the number and types of tests that are ordered."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

MOO - The bolded part of DP's statement below makes me :floorlaugh::silly:
:slap:HELLOOOO DP??!!!! Are you serious?! Obviously with the murder of TB, it is totally relevant now and worthy of another look. :winner: Maybe it won't be long before DM switches lawyers. :giggle: May I suggest Dirk D. At least he has a legit, professional office over a virtual one :giggle: DP would say your line I underline in your post. "Would have bee thoroughly investigated at the time" in DP's words, BUT something may have been overlooked such as reasoning and circumstantial evidence. :moo:

Millard's lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, says the allegations are an attempt to "malign him in the court of public opinion." He says both cases would have been thoroughly investigated at the time.

In terms of his father's death, he said, "they ruled it was non criminal. And then I believe … his father's body was cremated … so what's new in terms of evidence … just because he's accused in this (murder)? How is that relevant?" Paradkar said last night.

But Wayne Millard’s death, originally deemed a suicide, has now also come under renewed scrutiny from both Toronto homicide detectives and the Ontario Coroner’s Office. While declining to provide any details, both police and the coroner have said their investigations were ongoing despite the fact Wayne’s body has been cremated.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

"He's a very unassuming, humble person. He's intelligent, well-educated and financially well off, so there's no motive here," Paradkar said,

:floorlaugh: No unassuming, humble, intelligent, well-educated and financially well off person has ever murdered someone. Quite the lines DP comes up with. And imagine, DP learnt all this with one or maybe two visits with DM behind bars. :whistle:

Interesting...only about 500 meters away from the MillardAir hanger.
Thanks for posting that.

:O Very interesting indeed. Wonder if LE had searched that area while they searched the hangar and grounds around Millardair. Probably not, as they would have had nothing to lead them in that direction. Is this area way back in the pit where it is pretty secluded? Wonder how often the pit gets used? I would imagine it will take quite some time before LE come back with an ID of the person. Could it be someone trying to throw LE off, making it look like the real TB murderer(s) is still out there?

Where are you LB? Could this be her? :O Pray answers come soon in her case so her family can have closure. MOO

Police couldn't say Sunday night whether the victim was a man or a woman.
"It's been here for some time," Thaler said. "It doesn't appear to be a recent death."

:O Very interesting indeed. Wonder if LE had searched that area while they searched the hangar and grounds around Millardair. Probably not, as they would have had nothing to lead them in that direction. Is this area way back in the pit where it is pretty secluded? Wonder how often the pit gets used? I would imagine it will take quite some time before LE come back with an ID of the person. Could it be someone trying to throw LE off, making it look like the real TB murderer(s) is still out there?

Where are you LB? Could this be her? :O Pray answers come soon in her case so her family can have closure. MOO

"It's been here for some time," Thaler said. "It doesn't appear to be a recent death."

I believe the first line says that it is the body of man.

I have to think that if LE searched even the sewers around the hanger, that they likely checked bodies of water within a kilometre of the hanger, in my opinion.

And I think, in my opinion, the idea of killing another person just to throw LE off involves more planning than the kind of people who just dump bodies on their own property can come up with.

I have to think that if LE searched even the sewers around the hanger, that they likely checked bodies of water within a kilometre of the hanger, in my opinion.

And I think, in my opinion, the idea of killing another person just to throw LE off involves more planning than the kind of people who just dump bodies on their own property can come up with.

BBM - unclear sentence structure, please clarify TIA.

Yes I see that but they have updated their report just recently. Look at the time of my post and then check the article at the top left side, where it says updated and a time. Originally it stated they did not know whether it was male of female. Recent update now states a coroner was on the scene tonight. The coroner obviously was able to determine male. The previous reports also said "the victim", now they are stating it's too early to say whether foul play is involved. HTH.

Also I doubt LE check that area as it was not taped off as a zone under investigation. I believe pictures and reports made it clear where LE were checking. If that is a private owned area or business, they would need to get a search warrant also. HTH

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/4037992-body-discovered-in-pond-at-breslau-gravel-pit/

The article has been edited .. the original said they didnt' know.

ETA: Sorry .. I see swedie beat me to it

Quoting my own quote per clarification of original article before update.

"It's been here for some time," Thaler said. "It doesn't appear to be a recent death."[/I][/QUOTE]

Not a female. That's a good sign then as it's not LB. Here's hoping for some good news on her that she is alive and ok. MOO.

I don't know how to reply on this new tapatalk app.
I just stumbled across it while checking on news.. Chances are, it's nothing to do with this case; but being so close to the airport, I thought others would want to check it out!

LE said it doesn't appear to be a recent death. The coroner was there late yesterday. According to this article, an autopsy will be done today:

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/body-found-in-breslau-gravel-pit-likely-not-suspicious-police-1.1417196

The victim has not been identified, but a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place Monday in Hamilton.

Police say they do not consider the death suspicious and do not believe foul play is involved.

Autopsy hasn't even been completed on this victim, death appears not to be recent, but LE is saying they don't expect foul play?

SB --- agreed. I wonder how they know so quickly that it wasn't foul play.

BBM - unclear sentence structure, please clarify TIA.

Yes I see that but they have updated their report just recently. Look at the time of my post and then check the article at the top left side, where it says updated and a time. Originally it stated they did not know whether it was male of female. Recent update now states a coroner was on the scene tonight. The coroner obviously was able to determine male. The previous reports also said "the victim", now they are stating it's too early to say whether foul play is involved. HTH.

Also I doubt LE check that area as it was not taped off as a zone under investigation. I believe pictures and reports made it clear where LE were checking. If that is a private owned area or business, they would need to get a search warrant also. HTH

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/4037992-body-discovered-in-pond-at-breslau-gravel-pit/

What I was trying to say was that if it were other people involved with DM in killing TB who have killed another person and dumped their body near the airport to throw suspicion off of DM, that plan to me sounds too difficult to have been thought up by the same people who thought leaving the body on one of their own properties would be smart. Which sounds even more confusing now, I suspect, sorry.

I hate that news articles on the net are evolving and ever changing, I assumed it was the same story you read when the link was posted, again, I apologize. And it seems you might be right that LE didn't search at area, despite being less than a km away, which is odd to me, because I would think that a gravel quarry would be a great place to hide a body, and I would think that they would have been checking any body of water large enough to hide a person. Unless the body is from a time between when the search ended and now, it seems odd that LE wouldn't have found a body 500 meters away when they were actively searching for a body. That to me just doesn't inspire confidence. How in the world were they ever able to ever find a phone in a 50km radius and not be able to find a body a half a km away?

Unless the body is from a time between when the search ended and now, it seems odd that LE wouldn't have found a body 500 meters away when they were actively searching for a body. That to me just doesn't inspire confidence. How in the world were they ever able to ever find a phone in a 50km radius and not be able to find a body a half a km away?
<snip>

The timeline indicates that searches of the hangar and the farm appear to have been taking place simultaneously (not to mention other reports that LE may have been at the farm as early as Friday May 10). Once Tim's remains were found, why would they continue searching properties unrelated to DM or the hangar?

Friday, May 10, 2013
DM taken into custody

Sunday, May 12, 2013
Police find trailer with Tim’s truck inside at mom’s home in Kleinburg

Monday, May 13, 2013
Search warrant executed at DM's farm
Second search is underway at the Millard Air hangar in Waterloo

Tuesday, May 14, 2013
LE announce Tim’s remains found

swedies's timeline:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9631392&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Swedie's Timeline[/ame]

<snip>

The timeline indicates that searches of the hangar and the farm appear to have been taking place simultaneously (not to mention other reports that LE may have been at the farm as early as Friday May 10). Once Tim's remains were found, why would they continue searching properties unrelated to DM or the hangar?

Friday, May 10, 2013
DM taken into custody

Sunday, May 12, 2013
Police find trailer with Tim’s truck inside at mom’s home in Kleinburg

Monday, May 13, 2013
Search warrant executed at DM's farm
Second search is underway at the Millard Air hangar in Waterloo

Tuesday, May 14, 2013
LE announce Tim’s remains found

swedies's timeline:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Swedie's Timeline

True, but I thought I read something about them looking in the sewers around the hanger after TB was found, also, I think if they were really looking for Laura, they would have keep searching.

True, but I thought I read something about them looking in the sewers around the hanger after TB was found, also, I think if they were really looking for Laura, they would have keep searching.

They were still searching around the airport on the Thursday after TB was found. Whatever they were still looking for, maybe they didn't feel it was necessary to search farther outside of the direct airport area.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3243162-police-scour-field-by-hangar-in-bosma-homicide/

Hamilton Police were scouring the fields around the hangar owned by the chief suspect in the Tim Bosma homicide Thursday.

More than a dozen investigators, some wearing neon green police vests and others in orange and yellow safety vests, performed a slow grid search of the tall grass in an area multiple football fields in size.

Walking in a line several metres apart and using bladeless hockey sticks to part the grass, they also slowly scoured a drainage ditch near a runway at the Region of Waterloo International Airport. Two officers at either end of the line used small yellow flags to mark their progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro