General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Floor plans show there is no basin in his loo so we can't be certain this is his bathroom! But I guess very similar.

Could be. I also found the date of that piece--it's not new, sorry. It's a few days old. So who knows?

Good find red.

It includes something I wrote/deduced here that has beed doubted.

"...Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing."

So it appears as I noted that Prosecution were setting trap for defense to spill all their beans, while they pulled this crucial evidence.

Sorry, I don't see the trap :waitasec: and how can pros withhold info from the bail hearing, unless they don't have any to withhold??? I'm just not following this line of thinking.

Another point that's been thrown out there by some.... IF her skull was bashed, it would be noted by the pros and Botha, at the bail hearing, would NOT be saying there is no trauma to her body except for bullet wounds. jmo

We watched the news doc last night and there were a lot of interviews with friends and family (there was also a lot of inappropriate filming of her grieving father which was clearly invasive). It was your typical Stefanovic piece .. rather light and slightly tabloid, but OK. Anyway, there was a lot of questions put to friends and family where when discussing OP they said 'they didn't want to say' or 'leave that one for later' or 'it's not the right time' etc which I found telling, there are obviously stories to come out that nobody wants to say first, so expect something to emerge. At the end of the show there was mention of the fact that OP had assaulted another girlfriend in the past and had then sued her for making the allegation. We both went 'LANCE style!!' when that came on, they also mentioned the mother of one of his ex girlfriends and said she has been very vocal about being relieved that her daughter is out of his clutches (yes we remember her as she was on Facebook saying this the day after the killing of Reeva).

At the start of the piece I was saying 'well, look, maybe he did make a horrible accident' my DH looked at me like I had gone mad and was like 'come ON, seriously?' so I did waver in my opinion as the piece started very pro OP, but there's no ignoring all the little cover up answers everyone gives for OP, my DH said 'they're all covering his AR**' as even Reeva's uncle seemed to be doing it a little. It sounds like OP has been able to get away with a lot over his life so far and is a protected species somewhat .. it'll be interesting.

Oh and it was also mentioned he hired a high powered attorney AND a PR company to handle this. Be on the lookout for mud coming out about Reeva. Right now I still think they had a huge fight over the Rugby player she was rumoured to be having an affair with (unconfirmed) .. clearly all was not well with these two.

Damn, black vest she is wearing????? Thoughts?

I also read that the paramedic said she was wearing a black sweat top and long pants when he arrived at the crime scene, and somehow the sweat top turned into sweat pants .....it's so confusing reading all these different articles and being able to filter truth from rumour:waitasec:

We watched the news doc last night and there were a lot of interviews with friends and family (there was also a lot of inappropriate filming of her grieving father which was clearly invasive). It was your typical Stefanovic piece .. rather light and slightly tabloid, but OK. Anyway, there was a lot of questions put to friends and family where when discussing OP they said 'they didn't want to say' or 'leave that one for later' or 'it's not the right time' etc which I found telling, there are obviously stories to come out that nobody wants to say first, so expect something to emerge. At the end of the show there was mention of the fact that OP had assaulted another girlfriend in the past and had then sued her for making the allegation. We both went 'LANCE style!!' when that came on, they also mentioned the mother of one of his ex girlfriends and said she has been very vocal about being relieved that her daughter is out of his clutches (yes we remember her as she was on Facebook saying this the day after the killing of Reeva).

At the start of the piece I was saying 'well, look, maybe he did make a horrible accident' my DH looked at me like I had gone mad and was like 'come ON, seriously?' so I did waver in my opinion as the piece started very pro OP, but there's no ignoring all the little cover up answers everyone gives for OP, my DH said 'they're all covering his AR**' as even Reeva's uncle seemed to be doing it a little. It sounds like OP has been able to get away with a lot over his life so far and is a protected species somewhat .. it'll be interesting.

Oh and it was also mentioned he hired a high powered attorney AND a PR company to handle this. Be on the lookout for mud coming out about Reeva. Right now I still think they had a huge fight over the Rugby player she was rumoured to be having an affair with (unconfirmed) .. clearly all was not well with these two.

Ta.
What channel was that ?
Is it online?

Sorry, I don't see the trap :waitasec: and how can pros withhold info from the bail hearing, unless they don't have any to withhold??? I'm just not following this line of thinking.

Another point that's been thrown out there by some.... IF her skull was bashed, it would be noted by the pros and Botha, at the bail hearing, would NOT be saying there is no trauma to her body except for bullet wounds. jmo

BBM

In the U.S., don't know about SA, all of the evidence is not yet complete. Copy of autopsy not ready, forensics not close to ready, witnesses not close to ready, toxicology not close to ready, processed photographs of scene not ready, complete reports of anything not ready.

It is a slow trickle of evidence as each piece is completed. A murder case in the U.S. can take up to a year for trial for those reasons and for any psych eval, a Capital Murder (death penalty) case can take up to 2 years for each side to have the experts evaluate and look for anything more at crime scene and through witnesses - along with all the above.

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question, but RSA is where the money is for OP. He wouldn't be the same sort of moneymaker anywhere else.
he has to live in SA to "represnt" the country in international competition? he might need to have an address there, but to live there cowering behind locked doors cluthing an automatic weapons for money? obviously a rich man's logic. Id rather have a little money and live in peace. Grant it, i believe its the lifestyle encased in impunity thats the draw for the elite, in spite of the scary natives.

There hasn't been a trial yet.

Very little information has been disclosed by the prosecution, let alone "confirmed".

I agree.

I think we need to remember that Reeva was shot on Valentine's Day, February 14th. The first day of the bail hearing was February 19th, only 5 days later. That does not give prosecution much time to test evidence.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...ings_we_know_about_the_olympian_s_murder.html

Pistorius has a history of troubles with women. Last year, Pistorius allegedly threatened to break the legs of a man whom he suspected of being involved with his then-girlfriend while Pistorius was in London for the Olympics. “[Pistorius] carries a gun everywhere and I have seen him be controlling to women,” said Mark Batchelor, a friend of the man Pistorius threatened. After they broke up, Pistorius’s ex-girlfriend, Samantha Taylor, told South Africa’s Rapport newspaper that she was “prepared to reveal what (Pistorius) made me go through;” on advice from her lawyers, she later withdrew her statement. In 2009, Pistorius was arrested and charged with common assault after slamming a door on a woman with whom he had fought at a party. (The charges were later dropped, and Pistorius sued the woman and the police.)

It’s not clear, however, whether Pistorius and Steenkamp had problems. Some have speculated that Steenkamp had received text messages from ex-boyfriend Francois Hougaard, a South African rugby player, and that this precipitated an argument between her and Pistorius. These rumors are entirely unconfirmed, and Hougaard has issued a statement denying any involvement in the shooting. Independent correspondent Daniel Howden tweeted that, in Tuesday’s hearing, a friend of Steenkamp’s said that “Steenkamp told her Oscar treated her like gold. Said she would marry him if he asked.” The two had been dating since November 2012.

More at link above.

I agree.

I think we need to remember that Reeva was shot on Valentine's Day, February 14th. The first day of the bail hearing was February 19th, only 5 days later. That does not give prosecution much time to test evidence.

This is true.
But one thing done probably right away is the autopsy and photos, as family wants remains ASAP for funeral.

Do people agree if her skull was crushed or fractured by the bat, it's a done deal for guilty verdict of premediated murder?

He'd have to be looking at her while doing it, and can't claim it was dark, etc as he left that out in the affidavit!

Has it been reported what OP was wearing when everyone showed up.Was he dressed for bed or did he have street clothes on.Also has anything been said about the CSI taking his clothes for testing?

The medic's statement said that when he carried Reeva downstairs he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

I have posted it up thread.

This is what I meant by enabling from his family and friends earlier in this discussion .. it seems like there was a lead up to this event .. IF people around OP had said to him that he was behaving badly, that he needed to pull his head in, that things needed to change then I can't see him suing someone he had hurt, and I can't see them covering for him and saying they had 'never seen a dark side' .. I can't see him shooting a friend in the foot and the friend going along with the 'it was an accident' story. If people had come down on him like a ton of bricks, instead of covering up for him when he began acting out, I don't think it would have come to this.

BBM

In the U.S., don't know about SA, all of the evidence is not yet complete. Copy of autopsy not ready, forensics not close to ready, witnesses not close to ready, toxicology not close to ready, processed photographs of scene not ready, complete reports of anything not ready.

It is a slow trickle of evidence as each piece is completed. A murder case in the U.S. can take up to a year for trial for those reasons and for any psych eval, a Capital Murder (death penalty) case can take up to 2 years for each side to have the experts evaluate and look for anything more at crime scene and through witnesses - along with all the above.

Thanks , I agree.

I was not very clear and was really referring to the other poster that said the pros may have withheld the report that her skull was bashed and the IO saying there was no trauma to her body other than the bullet wounds.

The 17 minute gap is crucial.

In between shots heard fired:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-court-17-minutes-1720257

During this time, he IMO was contemplating creating his fictional intruder scenario, perhaps even suicide.

The poor girl thus was in an extended period of time, seriously wounded and suffering and knowing that he would likely soon finish her.

Of course, the 17 minute gap proves one thing: premeditation.

I'm hoping this sheds more light on the new cricket bat claims. It is at the tail end of a story with Reeva's "Joberg Dad". He ID'd her body after death:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...as-told-to-back-off-from-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

Police asked Mr Myers, his daughter, Kim, and his son, David, formally to identify Miss Steenkamp's body the morning that she was killed.
"We looked at her through a glass window. She was . . . you know . . . the way someone looks who has been shot . . . The police tried to make it easier for us," he said.

He did not describe Miss Steenkamp's injuries further. Police on Sunday denied reports that Pistorius used a cricket bat found at his house to assault his girlfriend before shooting her.

Mr Myers, who identified Miss Steenkamp's body, told the Daily Telegraph that he was "surprised" by reports that she had been assaulted with a cricket bat.

"When I identified Reeva, I saw no indication of that", he said. "The first I knew about it was when I read it in the papers. I do not know where that came from".

No such evidence was entered by the prosecution during pre-trial proceedings to decide if Pistorius would be granted bail, even though it would likely have affected the magistrate's ruling.
END QUOTE

That ends the issue for me.

I also read that the paramedic said she was wearing a black sweat top and long pants when he arrived at the crime scene, and somehow the sweat top turned into sweat pants .....it's so confusing reading all these different articles and being able to filter truth from rumour:waitasec:

There is such varied terminology when it comes to clothing. I know that a vest in the USA is what we in the UK call a waistcoat, but I understand a vest as a sleeveless top. It may be casual daywear, or an undergarment. I'm not sure what is meant by a "sweat top", nor "sweat pants" (doesn't sound very nice to my ears!). Maybe what I would call a track suit?

One thing that is very important here is the distinction between the bathroom and the toilet. I know that "bathroom" is a euphemism used in the USA for toilet. In the UK we use "toilet" for both the appliance and the room that contains it, but we never say bathroom if we mean toilet. I don't know if it's the same in RSA, perhaps Carol will advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway