General Discussion-Thread No. 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning RC.:)
I remember the NY trip, but I didn't realize Michelle was up there on business. I thought it was a trip to visit her mom and her area friends. Did you remember it asbeing a "business trip"?

Honestly no - just a trip. I did look at the article again - no reference to "business".

Good morning back at ya !

Merry Christmas Slayer boy - see you made the front page of the Transylvania Times today. Guess it isn't getting as quiet or as forgotten as you would prefer. Hang on - more is coming - enjoy your dinner at Pizza Hut but don't get too mad at the gawkers, bet there just aren't too many Slayers walking around.

Uh Oh, RC. Spencer Smith is not Gojo? Well then who the heck is who? I'm really confused now. I will see if I have a PM from you. I think I will need to change my WebSleuths preferences so I can get PMs.

ETA: I got the PM, and thanks, RC. :blowkiss:

Any chance I could get that PM too?

Merry Christmas Slayer boy - see you made the front page of the Transylvania Times today. Guess it isn't getting as quiet or as forgotten as you would prefer. Hang on - more is coming - enjoy your dinner at Pizza Hut but don't get too mad at the gawkers, bet there just aren't too many Slayers walking around.

I can't find the article-could you do a link? Thanks.

Do any of you think there can be more evidence obtained in this case? It seems like they've uncovered as much as they're going to, from a physical evidence standpoint.

Do any of you think there can be more evidence obtained in this case? It seems like they've uncovered as much as they're going to, from a physical evidence standpoint.

Hi SG

The 'stall' by the DA has a specific reason , as they obviously see something in the case that is problematic.
With what we know from the SW's, there is a semi-truck load of CE and probable cause to indict Jason Young.

I speculated the main issue may be explaining the size 10 shoes and a possible unmatched print in the home.
The DA must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jason Young was in that house and acted alone.
If there is evidence that shows otherwise, that is a huge problem if they want to charge JY with 1st degree murder.
The cops latest "blister" theory to explain the size 10 shoes is laughable, imo.
The DA apparently wants more to counter this problem....how long are they willing to wait for the big break they feel they need ?

I agree....the size 10 shoes are a problem and the blisters are indeed laughable.

Even if they couldn't go with first degree, wouldn't second be better than having him walk around a free man? I realize with a lesser charge he would be paroled one day, but at least he would get some kind of punishment. Is it all or nothing in their eyes? Also, if they can't/won't proceed now, especially with all the evidence, what will make the difference for them to proceed later? Is this case going to be one where he is never charged with anything?
God I hope not!!

I guess I draw my optimism from the Ann Miller case. It took a while, but she is finally paying her dues.

I hoping so badly it won't take much longer to get JY.......but I have to admit, I am feeling more doubtful every week that passes.

I guess I draw my optimism from the Ann Miller case. It took a while, but she is finally paying her dues.

I hoping so badly it won't take much longer to get JY.......but I have to admit, I am feeling more doubtful every week that passes.

This same DA finally charged Ann with 1st degree but later offered her a deal....conspirancy to commit murder and 25 years.
Willoughby later said the case had some problem, mainly proving Ann acted alone and in fact gave the final deadly dose of arsenic.

Personally, I would rather the DA wait a bit longer in hopes someone talks or they get a lucky break.
Yes, I want to see Jason Young rot in prison or get the needle.....seeing him walk free in 20 years is not an option for me.

Carolina Panther football player Rae Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child. He was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison. However, Carruth was found not guilty of first-degree murder and was spared the death penalty. Carruth is now serving a sentence of at least 19 years.

This is another NC case where the DA charged the partner of a pregnant mother with 1st degree murder and he got off in the end with a much lesser charge.

Jury instructions
http://www.courttv.com/archive/trials/carruth/documents/instructions.pdf

The recent flurry of warrants related to Slayer boy's communications methods tends to make me believe that LE has information to definitely believe he had help of some kind and they are looking for that individual. Once that individual is found there is a possibiliy of more information, even the potential of a witness against Slayer boy. This seems desirable for the prosecution if LE can find the person.

From the physical evidence I believe the DA can place Slayer boy there and they can place a murder weapon in his hand provided the sheetrock removed from the home which yielded a print, which was analyzed and matched Slayer boy's DNA, also yields a blood spatter pattern to verify the murderer placed his hand there during the murder and the blood is indeed Michelle's.

If there is a reason to believe someone else was there, it seems reasonable to also think that at some point Slayer boy would have some communication with that person. Why not proceed investigating until such person is found to insure that justice is truly served? Sooner or later Slayer boy will do the perp walk in nice shiney cuffs and orange and white stripes.

The recent flurry of warrants related to Slayer boy's communications methods tends to make me believe that LE has information to definitely believe he had help of some kind and they are looking for that individual. Once that individual is found there is a possibility of more information, even the potential of a witness against Slayer boy. This seems desirable for the prosecution if LE can find the person.

From the physical evidence I believe the DA can place Slayer boy there and they can place a murder weapon in his hand provided the sheetrock removed from the home which yielded a print, which was analyzed and matched Slayer boy's DNA, also yields a blood spatter pattern to verify the murderer placed his hand there during the murder and the blood is indeed Michelle's.

If there is a reason to believe someone else was there, it seems reasonable to also think that at some point Slayer boy would have some communication with that person. Why not proceed investigating until such person is found to insure that justice is truly served? Sooner or later Slayer boy will do the perp walk in nice shiney cuffs and orange and white stripes.

Now that he knows his communication has been 'tapped' for 2 years, the cops hopefully will get something from his work computer or the latest Yahoo.com SW. JLY will no longer communicate about the case with e-mail, PM or phone.

Who knows, maybe they will get lucky and one of his "buds" will come forward with some evidence told by the killer. It has been said it is hard for Jason Young to keep his mouth shut....he had spilled the MM affair to his closest buds before the murder. Who knows, maybe he confided in one of them about the murder too ?

Honestly no - just a trip. I did look at the article again - no reference to "business".

Good morning back at ya !
Her NY friend, Jennifer Powers refers to the '06 business trip, on page 4 of this article. This just puzzels me RC. I don't remember ever hearing anything of Michelle being up there on business before. Remember all the talk about Michelle being up there visiting her mom, to get away, etc. Just never heard she was there initially on business.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6427041&page=1

from the above article-
"Powers, now living in Hoboken, N.J., said she last saw her friend in late October 2006. Michelle Young had come up to New York on a business trip, hoping it would coincide with the birth of Powers' first child. When the baby didn't come as scheduled, Michelle Young postponed her trip home so she could be there for the birth."

Her NY friend, Jennifer Powers refers to the '06 business trip, on page 4 of this article. This just puzzels me RC. I don't remember ever hearing anything of Michelle being up there on business before. Remember all the talk about Michelle being up there visiting her mom, to get away, etc. Just never heard she was there initially on business.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6427041&page=1

from the above article-
"Powers, now living in Hoboken, N.J., said she last saw her friend in late October 2006. Michelle Young had come up to New York on a business trip, hoping it would coincide with the birth of Powers' first child. When the baby didn't come as scheduled, Michelle Young postponed her trip home so she could be there for the birth."

Yes, I read this article. My above comment was related to an article in November of 2006 - A Life Cut Short in which Ms. Powers discussed Michelle coming to NY for the delivery of her baby. In that article there was no mention of a business trip. Sorry to confuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14