General Discussion-Thread No. 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sooooooo agree with the feelings that it's been far too long. Obviously so.

But I always come back to the little voice inside that says they shouldn't move forward until they've got what they need for a guilty conviction. We know a few mistakes in the beginning has made it a little harder. I don't want them to charge him and start having to share what they've got in discovery until they're ready. I have no clue what the hang up is, but I hope they get whatever it is they feel they need to get a conviction. I assume they will.

Jason's had far too much freedom. I still believe it will come to an end shortly. In the meantime, I am not ashamed to admit I'm enjoying the fact that Jason's mother and gojo are having their previous words being shot down in flames, so to speak. Had they done what Jason did and stayed mum, their names and reputations would basically have been left alone. They can say whatever they want, and it doesn't change the facts of what happened November 2-3, 2006.

:blowkiss:

Big sis Kimmy actually revealed a ton of info early on that we would never had known until recently. Ma Pat's shrieking call to NCWanted gave us insight into the dysfunctional Young family dynamics. Finally, Gojo's 2 year obsession for attention has totally ruined his family's and Brevard's reputation. He stirred the pot so much, many of the boards stayed active to respond to his BS. I really think the interest in this case would not have persevered w/o the help of the Brevard loonies.

Big sis Kimmy actually revealed a ton of info early on that we would never had known until recently. Ma Pat's shrieking call to NCWanted gave us insight into the dysfunctional Young family dynamics. Finally, Gojo's 2 year obsession for attention has totally ruined his family's and Brevard's reputation. He stirred the pot so much, many of the boards stayed active to respond to his BS. I really think the interest in this case would not have persevered w/o the help of the Brevard loonies.

JTF, I agree 100%. I wholeheartedly believe gojo really kept the boards going, but not in the way he intended. With his attitude, it stoked the fires and damaged Jason, the Youngs, and brought negativity to his (gojo's) family. The Youngs and "gojo's" of Brevard will never be seen in Brevard without being the butt of many jokes and rolling of eyes, and worse.
They may not care that those of us in the cyber world think they're loons (good choice of a word), but you know they didn't work hard in their careers in the schools to then want to be remembered by bizarre behavior in their retirement years.

My thoughts are with Linda and Meredith today. I'm hoping and praying you will soon have some peace with the arrest of Slayer Young.

I admire your tenacity and courage as I know this holiday season is bittersweet. I hope happy memories of Michelle are filling your heart right now.

I often think of Michelle's family, I really cannot believe it has taken this long.
Hopefully justice will be served soon.

Saw a 60 second segment on Michelle's case last night on "On the Record" with Greta. Pretty much a recap of the recent court decision etc.....also mentioned there have been no arrests.

Hope Jason caught it! Bet his mama is proud he finally made it to the big-time!:behindbar............NOW for the BIG HOUSE!!:eek:

Waiting, waiting, waiting,............

fran

Wonder if this guy is related to the Brevardians:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4101684/

"To me, I'm thinking why (has the investigation) been going on so long? Because they are trying to gain evidence. You can't gain nothing that you don't got," said Eric Quick's brother, Franklin Quick.

It does sound familiar....:crazy:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 28 cell phone calls to his mother the day Michelle was discovered? His calls and her calls coming in before her body was discovered?

I missed a lot and have to go back and read. Did we find out who Gojo was?

Thanks guys - JTF you rock.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 28 cell phone calls to his mother the day Michelle was discovered? His calls and her calls coming in before her body was discovered?

I missed a lot and have to go back and read. Did we find out who Gojo was?

Thanks guys - JTF you rock.

Mendara - there is no time that has been assigned publically to those 28 calls between Slayer boy and his mommie on 3 November - it has only been reported that there were 28 calls that day. What is interesting about them IMO is mommie had to know something was up, first to get 28 calls from Slayer boy and then to later receive 1 phone call that Michelle had been found beaten to death. Guess that part doesn't matter to her though.

Gojo is a neighbor and friend to the Youngs, at least his wife is a friend, and a former teacher of Slayer boy's.

The last two paragraphs of that article are very interesting Sweetmop - there is more evidence than we are aware of and the DA has made some review of statements and evidence.

"Wake County Assistant District Attorney Howard Cummings said that explaining why Jason Young has not been charged would require revealing evidence that he's not allowed to comment on.

Cummings said Stephens' ruling would not further his office's investigation into Jason Young because it was based largely on police statements, which the District Attorney's Office has already reviewed. He also declined to comment on when or whether charges in Michelle Young's murder would be forthcoming."
======================================================

Not too encouraging .
Sounds like the DA was justifying why there has been no arrest....they know of some problematic evidence they can't comment on.....the size 10 shoes and an unmatched print, imo.They know Jason was involved in MY's death, they just can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt he was the one that actually beat her to death,:banghead:

Yeah....I'm not encouraged either.:( As it stands now, the defense could make this case look like swiss cheese. It's not just the shoes and unmatched print, they've got other discrepancies. Don't want to elaborate here - you never know who's reading and I certainly don't want to give them their jollies.

We all know he did it. If we're frustrated, think of Linda & Meredith. Linda's lost 3 grandchildren now!:furious:

Yeah....I'm not encouraged either.:( As it stands now, the defense could make this case look like swiss cheese. It's not just the shoes and unmatched print, they've got other discrepancies. Don't want to elaborate here - you never know who's reading and I certainly don't want to give them their jollies.

We all know he did it. If we're frustrated, think of Linda & Meredith. Linda's lost 3 grandchildren now!:furious:

The size 10 shoes show a 'possibility' there was another person there that night....conspiracy to commit murder against JY is a slam dunk and then some. Problem is , that is 20 years. They are still looking for something stronger that shows he acted alone or trace an accomplice. At some point, they should move with an arrest and likely offer a plea deal for conspiracy to commit murder and 20 years...."ain't gonna be no trial" :cool:

The last two paragraphs of that article are very interesting Sweetmop - there is more evidence than we are aware of and the DA has made some review of statements and evidence.
Did you read the entire article... all 4 pages?
There are comments quoting Michelle's 'best friend', regarding Michelle's Oct. 06 trip to NY on business. That's interesting as well. Stuff I wasn't aware of .:confused:

I had been asking about "Gojo", the poster who proclaims Jason Young's innocence. I did a bit of Googling and came up with the name Spencer Smith, from Brevard, "...a longtime friend of the Young family in Brevard...who lives in the neighborhood...teacher...".

Spencer Smith. Gojo. Jake. Isn't Google your friend, after all? :blowkiss: I'm sure everyone else but me knew this. I had to find out for myself, albeit a little late. In fact, I think I now remember reading that way back when.

Spencer dear, you should be locking your doors. And quit the coffee klatches with Mamma Young and Boy Jason. You don't wanna come up dead, do you?
ETA: I found this link with photo of Spencer Smith in 1999
www.shso.sk/99GHOSTT.HTM

Scroll down to the fourth photo. Spencer Smith is the first man on the front row, left, according to info. The photo is in front of the Brevard Elks Lodge. This is for those people, like me who are a little bit behind, but like to put a photo to a face we've heard so much from and about.

I had been asking about "Gojo", the poster who proclaims Jason Young's innocence. I did a bit of Googling and came up with the name Spencer Smith, from Brevard, "...a longtime friend of the Young family in Brevard...who lives in the neighborhood...teacher...".

Spencer Smith. Gojo. Jake. Isn't Google your friend, after all? :blowkiss: I'm sure everyone else but me knew this. I had to find out for myself, albeit a little late. In fact, I think I now remember reading that way back when.

Spencer dear, you should be locking your doors. And quit the coffee klatches with Mamma Young and Boy Jason. You don't wanna come up dead, do you?
ETA: I found this link with photo of Spencer Smith in 1999
www.shso.sk/99GHOSTT.HTM

Scroll down to the fourth photo. Spencer Smith is the first man on the front row, left, according to info. The photo is in front of the Brevard Elks Lodge. This is for those people, like me who are a little bit behind, but like to put a photo to a face we've heard so much from and about.

Spencer Smith is not Gojo - will pm you the name.

Did you read the entire article... all 4 pages?
There are comments quoting Michelle's 'best friend', regarding Michelle's Oct. 06 trip to NY on business. That's interesting as well. Stuff I wasn't aware of .:confused:

I do remember an article early on from probably WRAL about Michelle having gone to visit this young lady in late October and about the fact that the young lady was due to give birth while Michelle was there.

I do remember an article early on from probably WRAL about Michelle having gone to visit this young lady in late October and about the fact that the young lady was due to give birth while Michelle was there.
Good morning RC.:)
I remember the NY trip, but I didn't realize Michelle was up there on business. I thought it was a trip to visit her mom and her area friends. Did you remember it asbeing a "business trip"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018