General Gun Violence/Gun Control

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed Funds for "Red Flag" & Other St. Crisis Intervention Programs
....You have to read the actual bill, in its final form...
snipped for focus @Betty P
For your reading enjoyment, the fed law which amends the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (34 U.S.C. 10152):

(a) Byrne JAG Program.--Section 501(a)(1) of title I of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (34 U.S.C. 10152(a)(1)) is amended--
(1) in the matter preceding subparagraph (A), by
inserting
``or civil proceedings'' after ``criminal justice''; and
(2) by adding at the end the following:
``(I) Implementation of State crisis intervention
court proceedings and related programs or initiatives,
including but not limited to--
``(i) mental health courts;
``(ii) drug courts;
``(iii) veterans courts; and
``(iv) extreme risk protection order programs,
which must include, at a minimum--
``(I) pre-deprivation and post-
deprivation due process rights that
prevent any violation or infringement of
the Constitution of the United States,
including but not limited to the Bill of
Rights, and the substantive or
procedural due process rights guaranteed
under the Fifth and Fourteenth
Amendments to the Constitution of the
United States, as applied to the States,
and as interpreted by State courts and
United States courts (including the
Supreme Court of the United States).
Such programs must include, at the
appropriate phase to prevent any
violation of constitutional rights, at
minimum, notice, the right to an in-
person hearing, an unbiased adjudicator,
the right to know opposing evidence, the
right to present evidence, and the right
to confront adverse witnesses;

[[Page 136 STAT. 1326]]

``(II) the right to be represented
by counsel at no expense to the
government;
``(III) pre-deprivation and post-
deprivation heightened evidentiary
standards and proof which mean not less
than the protections afforded to a
similarly situated litigant in Federal
court or promulgated by the State's
evidentiary body, and sufficient to
ensure the full protections of the
Constitution of the United States,
Rights, and the substantive and
Supreme Court of the United States). The
heightened evidentiary standards and
proof under such programs must, at all
appropriate phases to prevent any
violation of any constitutional right,
at minimum, prevent reliance upon
evidence that is unsworn or unaffirmed,
irrelevant, based on inadmissible
hearsay, unreliable, vague, speculative,
and lacking a foundation; and
``(IV) penalties for abuse of the
program.''.
``(h) Annual Report on Crisis Intervention Programs.--The
Attorney <<NOTE: Publication.>> General shall publish an annual report with respect to grants awarded for crisis intervention programs or initiatives under subsection (a)(1)(I) that contains--
``(1) a description of the grants awarded and the crisis
intervention programs or initiatives funded by the grants,
broken down by grant recipient;
``(2) <<NOTE: Evaluation.>> an evaluation of the
effectiveness of the crisis intervention programs or
initiatives in preventing violence and suicide;
``(3) measures that have been taken by each grant
recipient to safeguard the constitutional rights of an
individual subject to a crisis intervention program or
initiative; and
``(4) <<NOTE: Coordination.>> efforts that the Attorney
General is making, in coordination with the grant recipients, to protect the constitutional rights of individuals subject to the
crisis intervention programs or initiatives.''.

Sorry for any glitches in the cut & paste of statute from the congress.gov website. Some ¶'s, breaks, tabs don't look right.

Fed Funds for "Red Flag" & Other St. Crisis Intervention Programs

snipped for focus @Betty P
For your reading enjoyment, the fed law which amends the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (34 U.S.C. 10152):

(a) Byrne JAG Program.--Section 501(a)(1) of title I of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (34 U.S.C. 10152(a)(1)) is amended--
(1) in the matter preceding subparagraph (A), by
inserting
``or civil proceedings'' after ``criminal justice''; and
(2) by adding at the end the following:
``(I) Implementation of State crisis intervention
court proceedings and related programs or initiatives,
including but not limited to--
``(i) mental health courts;
``(ii) drug courts;
``(iii) veterans courts; and
``(iv) extreme risk protection order programs,
which must include, at a minimum--
``(I) pre-deprivation and post-
deprivation due process rights that
prevent any violation or infringement of
the Constitution of the United States,
Rights, and the substantive or
Supreme Court of the United States).
Such programs must include, at the
appropriate phase to prevent any
violation of constitutional rights, at
minimum, notice, the right to an in-
person hearing, an unbiased adjudicator,
the right to know opposing evidence, the
right to present evidence, and the right
to confront adverse witnesses;

[[Page 136 STAT. 1326]]

``(II) the right to be represented
by counsel at no expense to the
government;
``(III) pre-deprivation and post-
deprivation heightened evidentiary
standards and proof which mean not less
than the protections afforded to a
similarly situated litigant in Federal
court or promulgated by the State's
evidentiary body, and sufficient to
ensure the full protections of the
Constitution of the United States,
Rights, and the substantive and
Supreme Court of the United States). The
heightened evidentiary standards and
proof under such programs must, at all
appropriate phases to prevent any
violation of any constitutional right,
at minimum, prevent reliance upon
evidence that is unsworn or unaffirmed,
irrelevant, based on inadmissible
hearsay, unreliable, vague, speculative,
and lacking a foundation; and
``(IV) penalties for abuse of the
program.''.
``(h) Annual Report on Crisis Intervention Programs.--The
Attorney <<NOTE: Publication.>> General shall publish an annual report with respect to grants awarded for crisis intervention programs or initiatives under subsection (a)(1)(I) that contains--
``(1) a description of the grants awarded and the crisis
intervention programs or initiatives funded by the grants,
broken down by grant recipient;
``(2) <<NOTE: Evaluation.>> an evaluation of the
effectiveness of the crisis intervention programs or
initiatives in preventing violence and suicide;
``(3) measures that have been taken by each grant
recipient to safeguard the constitutional rights of an
individual subject to a crisis intervention program or
initiative; and
``(4) <<NOTE: Coordination.>> efforts that the Attorney
General is making, in coordination with the grant recipients, to protect the constitutional rights of individuals subject to the
crisis intervention programs or initiatives.''.

Sorry for any glitches in the cut & paste of statute from the congress.gov website. Some ¶'s, breaks, tabs don't look right.

Civil forfeiture allows LE to take assets from people who are suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without charging the owners with wrongdoing. They take cash, houses, cars, boats, and guns.
The “burden of proof” is practically nonexistent.
Not sure why the constitution doesn’t protect those seizures with no due process.
Only Maine, Nebraska, New Mexico and North Carolina have abolished it.

Federal Loophole Thwarts State Curbs on Police Seizures of Property

In large part, civil asset forfeiture continues in the rest of the states because they have failed to close a giant loophole: the federal equitable sharing program.

That program allows state and local law enforcement officials to partner with the U.S. Justice and Treasury departments. Police agencies transfer seized property, money or assets to the federal government and receive up to 80% of proceeds from the sale of the property—regardless of state law.

Between 2000 and 2019, the federal government paid out $8.8 billion to state and local agencies participating in the equitable sharing program, according to a report released last year by the Institute for Justice. The states that participate most heavily in equitable sharing are California, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and Texas.

5-yr Summary of Seizure and Forfeiture Trends

Over the past five years, about 62 percent of all seizures have been firearms, ammunition, and explosives. That percentage has been steadily growing with an increased emphasis on violent crime. Firearms and ammunition seizures now comprise 68 percent of all assets seized during 2018.

Last edited:
Might be good, too, if they prohibit young people from owning firearms.

I was reading about the South Dakota governor's 2 year old granddaughter having a shotgun and a rifle.
Legal by both SD state law, and federal law (I looked it up) ... because they are long guns and not hand guns.

I was trying to imagine a long gun in the hands of the little almost-2-year-old in my family. The one who still sometimes trips over her own feet, and randomly pushes buttons on the dishwasher/remote control/anywhere to see what they will do.

It was a stupid comment, meant to flex muscle to the gun nuts and instill anger in the left. Many people own guns that will one day be passed down to their children, I assume that is what she meant.
Do I actually think she is believes it is time to teach her two year old granddaughter how to use a shot gun? No
Does the ‘ownership’ details matter? No. It is clear the two year old didn’t walk into a store and buy the guns, they would be a gift for use one day, likely passed down from her grandmother.
I was taught to shoot and gun safety at about age of five, a BB gun and paper targets. The way to safely handle and move around guns was instilled in me like muscle memory. Dad was a great teacher

Her comment was just as stupid as Beto popping off about taking guns away- seriously he thought he could gain votes after a comment that shows he has no intention of considering the thoughts of owners.

So long as politicians on the left and right reveal they have no common sense- those of us willing to compromise will not be represented. The two sides are spoiled children pitching a fit in the candy isle. Centrists are rolling their eyes ignoring them wishing they would grow up!

JMO

Last edited:
Civil forfeiture allows LE to take assets from people who are suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without charging the owners with wrongdoing. They take cash, houses, cars, boats, and guns.
The “burden of proof” is practically nonexistent.
Not sure why the constitution doesn’t protect those seizures with no due process.
Only Maine, Nebraska, New Mexico and North Carolina have abolished it.

Federal Loophole Thwarts State Curbs on Police Seizures of Property

In large part, civil asset forfeiture continues in the rest of the states because they have failed to close a giant loophole: the federal equitable sharing program.

That program allows state and local law enforcement officials to partner with the U.S. Justice and Treasury departments. Police agencies transfer seized property, money or assets to the federal government and receive up to 80% of proceeds from the sale of the property—regardless of state law.

Between 2000 and 2019, the federal government paid out $8.8 billion to state and local agencies participating in the equitable sharing program, according to a report released last year by the Institute for Justice. The states that participate most heavily in equitable sharing are California, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and Texas.

5-yr Summary of Seizure and Forfeiture Trends

Over the past five years, about 62 percent of all seizures have been firearms, ammunition, and explosives. That percentage has been steadily growing with an increased emphasis on violent crime. Firearms and ammunition seizures now comprise 68 percent of all assets seized during 2018.

This is yet another reason Texans would be unwilling to vote anyone into office that hints of taking guns away.
Law abiding gun owners may believe they would become criminals if certain guns were deemed illegal. Typically they would be grandfathered, but buy back programs of confiscate programs implies no grandfathering.

In this climate no one will get support for a national registry or background checks for purchase. The left is shooting them selves in the foot because they don’t see how the far right thinks.
No one will come in demanding or dictating- law abiding gun owners must have a seat at the table- and not demonized, and their rights cannot be denied or removed.

Texans support LE, and seizing illegal assets helps pay the bills- bills the state could not pay. Texas has cartel problems along the border and drug and gun runners- take their assets and pay the bills. I am ok with this because I think it won’t be my assets.

JMO

Last edited:
The bloodshed represents just a fraction of the fatal violence that occurs in the U.S. annually. Yet mass killings are happening with staggering frequency this year: An average of once every 6.53 days, according to an analysis of The AP/USA Today data.

The 2023 numbers stand out even more when they are compared to the tally for full-year totals since data was collected. The U.S. recorded 30 or fewer mass killings in more than half of the years in the database, so to be at 17 less than a third of the way through is remarkable.

“Here’s the reality: If somebody is determined to commit mass violence, they’re going to,” said Jaclyn Schildkraut, executive director of the Rockefeller Institute of Government’s Regional Gun Violence Research Consortium. “And it’s our role as society to try and put up obstacles and barriers to make that more difficult.”

You look for signs of abuse that are escalating and learn how to safely de-escalate, defend yourself or leave the safest way possible. No blowing away needed, with few exceptions where it’s with you or him that survives.

The quote is about reciprocal justice. I didn’t inflict similar injuries on my attacker when I had the chance. I opted to flee and barricade myself. The only thing I wanted was safety and the courts helped with that.

Of course self defense is not as simple to define as some would think.
I believe a person can meet lethal force with lethal force. In that situation it would be exactly you or them- it is lethal.
Others go further- that the person can use lethal force if they are in fear for their life- the aggressor shows lethal force.

Others believe the person has to show lethal force and an intent to use it.
Others go even farther- is the person in fear for their life. Threat in some way by verbal language or tone, body movement, presence where should not be, engaging in criminal act, size and movement toward, history of violence or aggression.
I am definitely not judging anyone with my post. I was just replying that for me blowing away my abuser was not an option that I would ever choose. I was able to save my life and those of my children without having to kill someone. And I definitely would not shoot my children's father. I would not risk that pleading self defense would work. I could not leave them virtually orphaned with a dead father and a mother in prison. Thankfully, I had my husband arrested and spending some time in jail changed his life. He went on to get therapy to heal some of the anger he was holding from childhood trauma and went on to become a better father and we were able to coparent wonderfully.

People have to have the freedom to do what is best for them in the situation that they are in at the time.
Of course for many women- they cannot defend themselves nor can they get away. The person they love is trying to kill them, and their children.
I would not judge the actions of a woman/ mother in protecting herself or her children.
I do not underestimate the power of therapy- it just isn’t top on the list in an immediate life or death situation- and being attacked by a sledge hammer qualifies a life or death.
Why the guy wasn’t already behind bars is the million dollar question!

JMO

I wonder - have you lived outside Texas? Have you lived outside the US?

It's always easy to speak about a culture you don't really know and say it's homogenous.

I've lived in 5 different countries, 3 of those for a significant amount of time. A lot of what you say about the US are things I could say about some of those 5 countries. @Lexiintoronto has spoken for Canada, my other 4 countries are all in Europe. Switzerland is not one of them, but I do know that Switzerland has 26 cantons, 4 different official languages, including 3 within one canton, (unofficial languages are spoken too e.g. Switzerland has its share of refugees and migrant labour who bring their own languages MOO) and a lot of government at the local level, which is partly why I used it as an example. It may all look very homogenous to you, but I can tell you that Europeans who haven't looked into it in any detail think the US is pretty homogenous. You may speak different languages at home, but at school, in research, at colleges, in government - it's all English. MOO. Sure, you can probably find some exceptions for me, some places where it's Spanish or a Native American language. Note, I'm not saying the US is totally homogenous. And you can find exceptions in European countries too e.g. in one of the Länder in Northern Germany Danish has some amount of official status.

Why not lump all Europe together? Maybe because it's half the continent of Eurasia and not one country? According to the following link there are about 50 countries in Europe. In the EU alone there are 24 official languages. https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/european_languages.htm IMHO 2 neighbouring countries in Europe e.g. France and Germany are going to be more different than say North and South Dakota. Even countries like Norway and Sweden (both Scandinavian with similar languages and afaik interconnected history) are going to be more different than North and South Dakota. MOO JMO.

However, we could go on like this for hours and days, beating about the bush, forgetting that this thread is actually about gun laws and gun violence. It seems IMO you're not interested in the comparisons I'm making with other countries? IMO. So I don't think it makes any sense for us two to discuss this topic with each other any more.

I'm certainly interested in what other members might have to say on this thread, especially those from other areas of the US, who may have a different perspective.

All MOO

What I’m hearing is people suggesting what works elsewhere is a solution here. As they explain how simply it works they describe things that don’t exist here.

Gun ownership, laws, crime, etc in the US can’t be as simple as it is in some countries- or it would be solved.
Any implication that we aren’t trying or aren’t smart enough or don’t care enough is insulting. Any stereotype of a single mindset of a gun owner or control advocate is also insulting.
Complex multifaceted issues are not solved by simple solutions.
I have traveled coast to coast in the US, Canada BC to Toronto, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, lived in four states.
Have you visited Texas? the border, DFW metroplex, Gulf Coast, pan handle, The Alamo, the valley.
Ten European countries could fit in Texas
Celebrating diversity means listening to and considering diverse points of view- that is hard.
I’m frustrated by the inaction, and heartbroken and livid by the loss of life, but I do believe Americans want to do the hard work to find a compromise.
We have a history of doing so
JMO

What I’m hearing is people suggesting what works elsewhere is a solution here. As they explain how simply it works they describe things that don’t exist here.

Gun ownership, laws, crime, etc in the US can’t be as simple as it is in some countries- or it would be solved.
Any implication that we aren’t trying or aren’t smart enough or don’t care enough is insulting. Any stereotype of a single mindset of a gun owner or control advocate is also insulting.
I have traveled coast to coast in the US, Canada BC to Toronto, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, lived in four states.
Have you visited Texas? the border, DFW metroplex, Gulf Coast, pan handle, The Alamo, the valley.
Celebrating diversity means listening to and considering diverse points of view- that is hard.
I’m frustrated by the inaction, and heartbroken and livid by the loss of life, but I do believe Americans want to do the hard work to find a compromise.
JMO
We are unfortunately at the mercy of our leaders in congress and there seems to be no serious impetus to even begin a heart-felt discussion of how to begin to solve this multi-faceted issue. I think the majority of people want reasonable solutions- but our leaders apparently do not.

Red Flag Laws. Fed DoJ's Asset Forfeiture Program (AFP)
The “burden of proof” is practically nonexistent....
5-yr Summary of Seizure and Forfeiture Trends....
snipped for focus @everybodhi Thanks for post w links & data (& some scary misuse).
Initially I'm not seeing relation of these seizures & forfeitures specifically to my post about fed. legislation & funding "to support creation and maintenance of crisis intervention programs for state courts, including red-flag law programs (as well as mental health court, drug court, or veterans' court programs)."
from earlier link to red flag law on wiki

Still not sure. Is AFP part of the amended Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act?

We are unfortunately at the mercy of our leaders in congress and there seems to be no serious impetus to even begin a heart-felt discussion of how to begin to solve this multi-faceted issue. I think the majority of people want reasonable solutions- but our leaders apparently do not.
I think that heart-felt discussion begins at the state level and the peaceful protests are an indication that gun control is very much wanted by the people who elect the politicians.

JMO
BBM. Getting guns out of the hands of mentally ill people by passing a Red Flag law isn't all that complex an issue no matter the size of population. What is insulting is the Texas legislature ignoring the emotional pleas from the Uvalde parents. JMO

Texas also has had more people killed in mass shootings than any other state, according to data compiled by Everytown for Gun Safety stretching back to 2009, and the second-highest number of people killed in a single mass shooting, behind Nevada.

Researchers and gun safety advocates aren’t surprised by mass shootings in Texas, where guns are plentiful and accessible largely due to lax and permissive laws.

I don't think what others are saying should be taken that way.

What I think others are offering is what has worked for other places, to see if any parts of that can be picked out and might (and might not) work for the US.

Due to (what I consider to be) an over-production of guns in the US, guns are making their way into other countries. Becoming the problem of other countries, too.

And none of us, not 'you' or I, like to see the daily bloodshed of innocents who are simply going about their business. We all would like to see some proactive measures put in place. We are but one world.

Here are a few links about the significant amount of US guns making their way into other countries. There are plenty more links out there.

UN report: Modern weapons being smuggled to Haiti from US
A Gram Per Gun - How U.S. guns fuel Mexican cartels' drug empire
Beyond Our Borders - How Weak U.S. Gun Laws Contribute to Violent Crime Abroad

I don't think what others are saying should be taken that way.

What I think others are offering is what has worked for other places, to see if any parts of that can be picked out and might (and might not) work for the US.

Due to (what I consider to be) an over-production of guns in the US, guns are making their way into other countries. Becoming the problem of other countries, too.

And none of us, not 'you' or I, like to see the daily bloodshed of innocents who are simply going about their business. We all would like to see some proactive measures put in place. We are but one world.

Here are a few links about the significant amount of US guns making their way into other countries. There are plenty more links out there.

UN report: Modern weapons being smuggled to Haiti from US
A Gram Per Gun - How U.S. guns fuel Mexican cartels' drug empire
Beyond Our Borders - How Weak U.S. Gun Laws Contribute to Violent Crime Abroad
BBM. Well said. The amount of guns in this country is ridiculous and the lack of regulation is resulting in massive loss of life.

Americans need to step-up and vote to oust the extremist politicians who are more beholden to the gun lobby than they are to protecting public safety.

JMO

Domestic gun makers produced 11.3 million firearms in 2020 (the latest year for which data is available), roughly triple the 3.9 million that were made in 2000, according to a report from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Over that span, a time when the U.S. population increased 18%, the number of firearms churned out every year jumped 250%.

"At no point since 2011 has there been a year where less than 6,731,958 firearms were manufactured for domestic consumption," the report found.

Number of Guns Made in the US Nearly Tripled Since 2000

I think (from what I can find) that there are 16 main gun manufacturers in the US. Rolling in the profits from this massive and destructive industry. Guns have one purpose. To kill and maim - even though some have created a sport of target shooting.

'Stand your ground' laws empower armed citizens to defend property with violence – a simple mistake can get you shot, or killed​

'Stand your ground' laws empower armed citizens to defend property with violence – a simple mistake can get you shot, or killed​

Very good point! What time of day did the shooting of Ralph Yarl take place? I notice in the photo of the shooter, he is very elderly and his eyes look like he might be visually impaired.

Very good point! What time of day did the shooting of Ralph Yarl take place? I notice in the photo of the shooter, he is very elderly and his eyes look like he might be visually impaired.

Ralph was shot after he went to collect his two younger brothers on Thursday before 10 p.m., according to police. Police said Ralph mistook the address 115th Terrace for 115th Street, where he was shot.

.... the homeowner “opened the door, looked my nephew in the eye, and shot him in the head. My nephew fell to the ground, and the man shot him again. Ralph was then able to get up and run to the neighbor’s house, looking for help.”

Red Flag Laws. Fed DoJ's Asset Forfeiture Program (AFP)

snipped for focus @everybodhi Thanks for post w links & data (& some scary misuse).
Initially I'm not seeing relation of these seizures & forfeitures specifically to my post about fed. legislation & funding "to support creation and maintenance of crisis intervention programs for state courts, including red-flag law programs (as well as mental health court, drug court, or veterans' court programs)."
from earlier link to red flag law on wiki

Still not sure. Is AFP part of the amended Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act?
Sorry, just jumped off your post because all the attention about the constitutionality of red flag laws led me to think of the lack of constitutionality in civil forfeiture seizures of guns.
Red flag laws don’t seem to be removing many guns.
The AFP was was established in the Comprehensive Crime Control Act in 1984
Their percentage of gun seizures is growing, 68% percent of all assets seized during 2018. (Link in previous post)
Since 2000, states and the federal government have forfeited at least $68.8 billion, it’s probably the largest program removing guns in the US. Jmo

LE feels different about the constitution and seizing guns when money goes directly in their pocket with little oversight in how it’s spent, it seems. Jmo

'Red flag' laws get little use even as mass shootings, gun deaths soar

An AP analysis found many states barely use the red flag laws touted as the most powerful tool to stop gun violence before it happens, a trend blamed on a lack of awareness of the laws and resistance by some authorities to enforce them even as shootings and gun deaths soar.

"It's too small a pebble to make a ripple," Duke University sociologist Jeffrey Swanson, who has studied red flag gun surrender orders across the nation, said of the AP tally. "It's as if the law doesn't exist."

And a national movement among politicians and sheriffs that has declared nearly 2,000 counties as "Second Amendment Sanctuaries," opposing laws that infringe on gun rights, may have affected red flag enforcement in several states.
In Colorado, 37 counties that consider themselves "sanctuaries" issued just 45 surrender orders in the two years through last year, a fifth fewer than non-sanctuary counties did per resident. New Mexico and Nevada reported only about 20 orders combined.

"The law shouldn't even be there in the first place," argued Richard Mack, a former Arizona sheriff who heads the pro-gun Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. "You're taking away someone's property and means of self-defense."

Last edited:
Ralph was shot after he went to collect his two younger brothers on Thursday before 10 p.m., according to police. Police said Ralph mistook the address 115th Terrace for 115th Street, where he was shot.

.... the homeowner “opened the door, looked my nephew in the eye, and shot him in the head. My nephew fell to the ground, and the man shot him again. Ralph was then able to get up and run to the neighbor’s house, looking for help.”

Thanks! I think his defense is going to be age and visual impairment. I wonder if the front door had a peephole or if it did, if he could even see out of it.

If somebody knocked on my door that late, it would scare me but I also would not open it until I checked the camera. iirc, Ralph ran to a couple of other houses nearby before he found one that opened the door and helped him.

Thanks! I think his defense is going to be age and visual impairment. I wonder if the front door had a peephole or if it did, if he could even see out of it.

If somebody knocked on my door that late, it would scare me but I also would not open it until I checked the camera. iirc, Ralph ran to a couple of other houses nearby before he found one that opened the door and helped him.

I don’t know but if you can’t see who you’re shooting maybe you shouldn’t shoot.
I think it was his companion who ran to other houses.
Thank god no one else was shot out of fear of people who knock on their door.

White Man Who Shot Unarmed Black Teen Ralph Yarl Faces Felony Charges: The Latest
Lynch, who is Lester’s neighbor, was getting ready for bed when he heard the teenager scream that he had been shot. The 42-year-old father of three, had seen Ralph banging on the door of Lester’s home through his kitchen window; he was trying to figure out what was going on next door after he heard shouting.
Lynch ran over to the yard, where he found Ralph covered in blood.

Lynch and another neighbor tried to stop the bleeding. He asked the teenager his name and age—and Ralph struggled to respond but did spell his name. The duo stayed until paramedics arrived.

“I didn’t do anything but hold a kid’s hand so he wouldn’t feel alone,” Lynch said. “He had just gotten shot twice; he had a hole in the side of his head

“That kid is tougher than I am.”

According to Spoonmore’s funding page [$3 million+], Ralph plays multiple instruments in the metropolitan youth orchestra and participated in the Missouri Scholars Academy for gifted high school students in 2022. His goal is to attend Texas A&M University to study chemical engineering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member