General Theories and Motives Rehashed #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Tommy beat his wife? Please provide a link that Tommy beat his wife? Thanks.

question was not to me I know Grandmaj but the case was dismissed.

Case InformationCase Style: LINDSY KATE COLLINS v. HANK THOMAS CROSLIN JR
Case Number: 2004 13193 FMDL Category: Domestic Violence
Case Type: Family Law Filing Date: 12/31/2004
Case Status: Closed Related Cases: NO

Venue Information - 04 - Randell H. Rowe, III Processing Location: DeLand Court Location: DeLand

Disposition Information - Dismissed After Hearing Disposition Date: 01/11/2005 Jury Trial: NO
Appealed: NO Contested: NO

You know I wonder if Ron was telling the truth when he told Hope he would take her charges according to the phone call.

There is a deal he could work out to get charges dropped on Hope and even get her out of prison.

Tell the truth about Haleigh.

It is just a theory but I can't think of any other way Ron could take Hope's charges.

Dr. Fessel, as you know I love your posts and your humor, however, I can't get my mind around Ron really meaning he would take the charges for Hope. Reason being: I can't believe Ron cares that much about anyone but himself.
This has nothing to do with who I think is responsible for Haleigh's demise, but what we have learned about Ronald in all these months. JMHO

Venue Information - 04 - Randell H. Rowe, III Processing Location: DeLand Court Location: DeLand

Disposition Information - Dismissed After Hearing Disposition Date: 01/11/2005 Jury Trial: NO

That states the case type as family law. That means it was not a criminal case. Most likely, it was for a restraining order. That does not mean that Tommy beat Lindsay. In family law, you can get restraining orders because you fear someone might get violent.

Slightly OT, but I just watched an episode of "Snapped" where both a man and woman were convicted of first-degree murder with no evidence (not even a body) except some jail house phone conversations...that is all the jury needed to sentence both to LWOP. So there is hope...if LE has anything incriminating on tape somewhere...

IMO, whatever happened occurred before Ron went to work. There would be no reason to lie about what happened before Ron went to work unless something happened.

Ron's attorney stated that Ron arrived at work 30 to 45 minutes early and he did that every day. I do not believe that. By stating Ron arrived by 4:15 pm, there is 45 minutes Ron does not have to account for his whereabouts.

Then you have Ron's story to Cobra about picking up Haleigh and going to work.

Cobra: what van could misty drive? they`ve already told me, they told me
that the day that Haliegh came up missing… that afternoon when she picked
her up from the bus stop… she picked her up in a van… and that uh, you
come down there flyin` sideways at the bus stop… hey, where my girl at?
…and you know… you lookin` for misty. what is all that?

cobra: oh, they lyin?

ron: all that is wrong, dude. i picked my daughter up from the bus stop that day!
i dropped her off at the bus stop… and i picked her up at the bust stop!

cobra: well, i am glad you told me that… you know why? cuz these scratches on
the van and all that s*** i`m glad misty didn`t do that s***, the van, you know
driving around. i think joe was driving the mother****** van!

ron: I! I picked my daughter up from the bus stop… and she sat in my lap…
*advertiser censored*** what the world thinks, they can all suck my d*** …. I let her sit in my lap
and steer the car home… and she put her left blinker on to turn left down the dirt
road to go to my house! when she rounded the (unintelligible) and s***… hit the right
blinker! okay?

cobra: damn

ron: i got out, i gave her a hug and a kiss… i gave my son a hug and a kiss,
gave my girlfriend a hug and a kiss, told her i love you… i`ll see y`all when i
get home from work.

Ron makes a point of stating that he picked Haleigh up that day. Ron gets very angry and defensive. He tries to make his anger about Haleigh driving. IMO, that is a deflection from what he is really angry about, that anyone would say Misty picked Haleigh up because that messes up the story he told.

Then Ron goes into detail about the drive home. But Ron misspeaks, catches himself and changes his story. Ron says Haleigh turned on the left blinker then realizes she would have to turn on the right blinker to get home from the bus stop.

Could it be that Misty picked Haleigh up from school without Ron's permission and Ron in anger went after them? Ron does not mention where Junior is at this time. Who had Junior? Maybe Junior was never there and that is why he is never mentioned. I think this is when Haleigh got hurt. With all the references to the gun, I think Ron pulled out a gun to threaten Misty and Haleigh got in the way. Either Ron tried to hit Misty with the gun or fired the gun and Haleigh was injured.

Then Ron talks about what happened when Haleigh and him arrived at the MH. Ron says that "I got out, I gave her a hug and a kiss" etc. Ron does not say Haleigh or my daughter but her. He then immediately jumps back in the truck and goes to work.

The thing is Ron never mentions Haleigh getting out of the truck, only himself. With all the detail he gives, it is hard to believe he forgot to mention how Haleigh got out of that truck. Which makes me think that Haleigh did not get out of that truck on her own? That Haleigh was hurt and could not get out on her own. If Haleigh was even in that truck. If Haleigh was hurt in the other vehicle, the one Misty was driving, Ron would be the only one getting out of the truck. But Ron's story about picking Haleigh up has LE checking his vehicle, not whatever one she was in.

I think Ron carried Haleigh into a house in Misty's blanket. I don't know if he carried her into the MH or someone else's house. Ron did not realize how seriously Haleigh was injured or did realize and had to start the cover up.

If I'm right, this explains why Misty would keep quiet. If Haleigh was with her when Haleigh was injured and witnesses at the bus stop saw her, Misty could have been convinced that it wa her fault and she would be the one to go to jail.

From that point forward, I don't think Ron would trust Misty with the cover up, only what he told her. IMO, Misty was given something to knock her out so she would have no details on who did what. I think Ron went to work while his Mom and Gma set the cover up in motion.

I think the plan included calling Tommy, Misty and others to pont the finger toward them.

The Croslin men do not seem to be afraid of Ron and do not seem to like him. I think if they knew what happened, they would have talked to get Misty away from Ron. I think they were given enough bits and pieces to figure out some on their own but did not have the proof. Now that Tommy is in jail, he is talking and telling everything he heard. Some of what he is saying matches some of what LE alreadys knows as fact.

Here is what I don't get at all...why should there be ANY discrepencies in simple things such as who picked up Haleigh at bus stop? And which bed Haleigh was sleeping in? Just for starters...I just don't get it...what is RC trying to prove here, with his tale of Haleigh driving the car, so to speak, other than to create some sort of alibi? Often, people give too many details, rather than not enough, and that is what hangs them in the end...if he just said I picked her up at this time and dropped her off at that time, it would seem far more believable to me...

:banghead: I thought, TN said SHE picked, Haleigh up at the bus stop that day? :banghead:

:banghead: I thought, TN said SHE picked, Haleigh up at the bus stop that day? :banghead:

The transcript was wrong. The transcript had TN saying she picked Haleigh up but if you watch the actual tape, TN said "Ron" picked Haleigh up.

That states the case type as family law. That means it was not a criminal case. Most likely, it was for a restraining order. That does not mean that Tommy beat Lindsay. In family law, you can get restraining orders because you fear someone might get violent.
I don't know about Florida laws, but 'fear' is not enough here. We've gone round & round over my daughter's ex. The best that they offered was a CT card, which just means if he comes to our house, we can call the cops & have criminal tresspassing charges filed against him. He beat her & threatened to cut her throat. & while she was on the phone with 911, he knocked the phone out of her hand & beat her some more, while the operator was listening-no 911 interference charges were ever filed. It became a he said she said situation, & she's left to prove that she didn't start the fight. His friend said that she was the agressor. rolls eyes... they've both been charged with family violence.

So basically, we have Ron saying he picked Haleigh up, Teresa saying Ron did, Misty saying Ron did and Chelsea saying Ron picked her up in his car--not pickup. The only one we have differing is that Jerry guy. And I still think he could be mistaken if he didn't see her face well. Both MC & CC had dark hair they put up in ponytails at the time.

Does Misty have a driving licence? Maybe she was driving the van without one which would get them into trouble and that's why they had to lie.
Even if she has a licence, what are the laws about driving with other under 18yr olds as passengers? If Misty had a licence and was picking up Haleigh would she not have to be accompanied by another licenced driver over the age of 18 anyway?

Dr. Fessel, as you know I love your posts and your humor, however, I can't get my mind around Ron really meaning he would take the charges for Hope. Reason being: I can't believe Ron cares that much about anyone but himself.This has nothing to do with who I think is responsible for Haleigh's demise, but what we have learned about Ronald in all these months. JMHO

I have nothing to add to your post 4Jacy. I just wanted to see your comment (BBM) in print again.
jmo

I don't know about Florida laws, but 'fear' is not enough here. We've gone round & round over my daughter's ex. The best that they offered was a CT card, which just means if he comes to our house, we can call the cops & have criminal tresspassing charges filed against him. He beat her & threatened to cut her throat. & while she was on the phone with 911, he knocked the phone out of her hand & beat her some more, while the operator was listening-no 911 interference charges were ever filed. It became a he said she said situation, & she's left to prove that she didn't start the fight. His friend said that she was the agressor. rolls eyes... they've both been charged with family violence.

You state that they both have been "charged" with family violence. Charged usually means criminal court. In Lindsay's case, she never filed a police report against Tommy and Tommy did not have any charges. She filed for a restraining order in family court which makes it a civil matter.

Restaining orders or Protective Orders are not issued by criminal courts but civil courts through the family law court. It is not something you get from the police but from the court. You may want to go to your state attorney general's website and check the information about "protective orders." If I am right about the state you live in, the attorney general's site states:

"A protective order is a civil court order issued to prevent continuing acts of family violence."

"Family violence is basically defined as any act by one member of a family or household intended to physically harm another member, a serious threat of physical harm, or the abuse of a child. "

It's been a long time since the 911 call that announced Haleigh was missing. I've jumped around on my theories:
Haleigh found and took a prescription drug. She died.
Misty injured Haleigh while trying to get her to bed. She died.
Ron was responsible for punishing Haleigh. She died.
Joe did it. She died.
Tommy did it. She died.
Cops from the beginning have stated Misty is the key.

However, for no other reason than wanting to find the truth my thoughts now to go back to the the business of taking and selling controlled substance and other drugs by this cast of characters. It was very much a part of Ron and Misty's life.
I have decided the real key is the week or days preceeding Haliegh's disappearance or perhaps even going back longer in time.
Ron's daughter is gone and dead because of his background. Her death was a revenge for something Ron has done in the past to someone or a group of people.
In saying this it explains to me why Ron has been so hesitant in searching for his daughter. It also allows me to accept why there would be a cover up. Why Ron, Misty and his mom and grandma would take measures to bend the truth about the night Haleigh disappeared. Nothing any of them say makes sense.
Ron knows who took his daughter and why. He had to call 911 because you can't just ignore a child missing from the home. It has to be reported. So does an accident, a true accident will be reported because there is nothing to hide. But the events surrounding your daughter going missing, if they concern something illegial, would be hidden!
But that 911 call and Ron's behavior, how his concern seemed to wane over time for his missing daughter figures big time in this case. He even complained to a reporter that his life was being cramped with all the attention to this case. As he wanted it all stop because his mind had settled on what truly happened and he knew there was nothing he could do about it.
Ron can't tell what really happened because it would reveal something illegal he did in the past to bring this tragedy upon his daughter.
Misty figures into this becasue she was present when whatever happened to Haleigh and she was helpless to stop it and she knows why and who took the child. By remaining silent, she protects herself but more importantly, she protects Ron and whatever he did in the past.
I believe his mother and grandma Sykes are both aware of what happened. And they figure into the cover-up and were called upon to help stage the fake kidnapping with testimony and physically work.
Okay, there it is. My latest theory.
In order to solve this, IMO, LE needs to dig deep into Ron's past and his activities in the illegal drug business.
all jmo

Apparently Lindsy as been VERY forgiving. as she also filed for a Protection order against Tommy NOT 3 months later. More at the link. Main link is flaglerclerk.com and he has other charges too.

http://www.flaglerclerk.com/pa/?Accept=Accept+Disclaimer+&+Start+Search

Party Name Party Alias(es) Party Type Attorney(s) Attorney Phone
COLLINS, LINDSY K
PETITIONER
PRO SE
CROSLIN, HANK T
RESPONDENT
Case Schedule
Date Start Time Event Type Result
04/12/2005 01:00 PM HEARING
Docket Entries

Date Text
08/11/2005 NOTICE OF DELINQUENCY
05/03/2005 FILE TO CHILD SUPPORT - RTND 5/9/05
04/27/2005 ORDER DISSOLVING FJ OF INJ, ETC
04/22/2005 FILE TO JUDGE-KCH - RTND 4/27/05
04/19/2005 STIPULATION TO DISSOLVE FJ OF INJ
04/19/2005 ORDER OF DISMISSAL OF INJUNCTION-PET'S REQUEST
04/15/2005 FILE TO JUDGE-KCH - RTND 4/19/05
04/15/2005 MOTION OF PET FOR ORDER DISSOLVING INJ,ETC
04/15/2005 AFFIDAVIT LINDSY COLLINS
04/13/2005 FILE TO CHILD SUPPORT - RTND 4/13/05
04/12/2005 FINAL JUDGMENT OF INJUNCTION-UNTIL 5/1/2006, SUPPORT Pages: 1091-9PGS
04/12/2005 FILE TO JUDGE-JP/RET'D
04/07/2005 RET OF SERV-SRVD--4/6/05, HANK THOMAS CROSLIN, JR.
04/06/2005 TEMP INJ FOR PROT/NOT OF HEARING-APRIL 12, 2005 @ 1PM
04/06/2005 SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SHEET
04/06/2005 NOTICE OF SOC.SEC.#- - LINDSY K. COLLINS
04/06/2005 FAMILY LAW FINANCIAL AFFIDAVIT- - LINDSY K. COLLINS
04/06/2005 UCCJA AFFIDAVIT - LINDSY K. COLLINS
04/06/2005 PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION

Concerning LE making mistakes when they give out information...I am not buying it that it is because they are human and it can happen..

I think Greenwood was the spokesman in this case. They choose theri words carefully. They go by a script and make sure it is accurate when they speak to the media....This would be a first for the press official to make mistakes and not correct them. He wasn't even sure who was at the MH that night but he took a guess. Frankly, if it wasn't done to mislead the players, something is more than a little wrong in Putnam County. He said the first call came in at 2:13am and that He believed(usuallly means a guess) it was TN that showed up at the MH earlier in the evening. For a spokesperson, this was weird.

These are major pieces...I don't see how he could make such a blunder...I also saw no recanting of it either.

The women in this sub-culture down there behave oddly. They all appear tolerant of the man's behavior. They call the cops and get injunctions as a way of bullying with no intention to carry through on anything. How many protective orders have we seen dismissed in these families?

Quick to take action, quick to forgive.

The women in this sub-culture down there behave oddly. They all appear tolerant of the man's behavior. They call the cops and get injunctions as a way of bullying with no intention to carry through on anything. How many protective orders have we seen dismissed in these families?

Quick to take action, quick to forgive.
yeah, they do. & their wishy washy actions make it hard for other women-who are in real need-to be taken seriously. I can see getting a restraining order, & after rehab or counseling, having it nullified, but these women who barely follow through, or 'change their minds', should face a hefty fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member