General Theories and Motives Rehashed #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The story is that they spoke at 8:30 and had a argument. Misty switched off her phone. Ron kept trying to call her and finally called Tommy to see if she had gone over there. Misty didn't switch on her phone again until 3:10am.

I know that is the story but IMO it makes no sense. It was only a half hour. To be that "concerend" in a half hour that he calls and looks for her. After a couple hours, I could see it. But not in a half hour. Then after calling Tommy to see if she is there, he NEVER calls anyone else to see if she is visiting them, instead keeps calling and calling. If you are concerned enough to try to find someone by calling her brother, you would be calling others trying to find her or his kids.

IMO, that was part of the cover up. He had Misty doing whatever he wanted her to do then told her to turn off the phone so he could create his alibi. He even called her brother for is alibi and possibly Tommy's. But either was not smart enough to figure out that not calling anyone else would show either he found Misty or was not concerned or he did call others and we don't know.

I know that is the story but IMO it makes no sense. It was only a half hour. To be that "concerend" in a half hour that he calls and looks for her. After a couple hours, I could see it. But not in a half hour. Then after calling Tommy to see if she is there, he NEVER calls anyone else to see if she is visiting them, instead keeps calling and calling. If you are concerned enough to try to find someone by calling her brother, you would be calling others trying to find her or his kids.

IMO, that was part of the cover up. He had Misty doing whatever he wanted her to do then told her to turn off the phone so he could create his alibi. He even called her brother for is alibi and possibly Tommy's. But either was not smart enough to figure out that not calling anyone else would show either he found Misty or was not concerned or he did call others and we don't know.

I guess all we can do is surmise until we get to see the phone records. TN got the the trailer suspiciously early the night Haleigh disappeared. It's possible she was alerted but we have yet to hear about a call made to her.

On the other hand, maybe Misty often nipped across to Tommy's when she was babysitting. I think Tyler and Green Lane are very, very near each other. Ron could say she did this now and again as an explanation.

Another thing is that drug dealers often have a couple of 'disposable' phones (we call them pay-as-you-go - you don't have to give your details when you buy them either). This is a bit outside of your post but worth mentioning. Anyone of them could have dropped a phone like this out to Ron while they held onto another one to co-ordinate events that night. Suspicious calls could have made on these and those that supported Ron's alibi could have been made on his listed one. JMO.

My mind keeps going back to the neighbor who reported hearing a woman screaming in the wee hours of that night... IDKW, but it does. Something was going on/down at that very moment IMO.

What made him think she was not home just because she shut off her phone?

If she told him she was leaving that would make sense to call Tommy.

Simply shutting off your phone does not mean you are going somewhere.

The things that you point out Whisp, inparticular regarding Ronald, are at the core of why I am now convinced that there was at one time a working relationship between RC and LE. Although at the core, they are not the only reason for my opinion on this of late; After the latest search at the river, which, dispite all the hoop-la about upcoming arrests... went nowhere - again, I am convinced that there is something else much deeper at work here and it certainly isn't (and cannot be) the genious of a bunch of under-educated and socially unsophiscated individuals. I agree they may all be extremely street-smart and no doubt they have the ability to con-a-con, but not a one of them have the fortitude to out-smart LE - not even all of them put together. Matter of fact, the chances of this bunch, as a group, being able to keep a secret and carry something like this off, make it even less likely with their combined non-intellect. There is something much more (than any of us know about) behind the scenes and I think it has more to do with LE's fear of exposing past departmental unethical and questionable practices regarding the handling of their informants. When I read the following, I couldn't help but notice several things that may very well be applicable in this case, regarding RC & LE;

BBM, I respectfully disagree that LE can't be outsmarted by any of these players because LE initially believed Tommy when he said he went to Ron's on Monday evening and got no response. I knew Tommy had lied for the following reasons:

1. Tommy had smoked a joint with Misty early Monday evening and I believe Misty would have shared her plans for the evening with him. If Misty intended to go somewhere with HaLeigh & Jr Monday evening, Tommy would have known; therefore, it wasn't necessary for Tommy to go to Ron's to know what his sister was doing or where she was.

2. Ron called Tommy's place and asked Tommy if Misty was there because she wasn't answering her phone; Tommy wasn't specifically directed by Ron to go to check up on Misty.

3. I figured Misty wouldn't knock on her brother's door at his house when she went there so the fact Tommy didn't try to enter Ron's trailer, especially since Ron was at work, led me to believe Tommy's story was not credible.

4. Tommy was babysitting his kids while Lindsy was at school and IMO, he wouldn't leave his kids alone and hang around Ron's trailer for awhile like he said he did.

5. Lindsy got home from school shortly after 10 pm and Tommy had cleaned the trailer and cooked supper for them. After supper they watched t.v. and went to bed together around 11:30 pm.

6. Tommy was desperate, and still is, to do whatever it takes to get his bond reduced so he can get out of jail. LE was pressuring ToCr to tell them what happened to HaLeigh and segregating him in jail to break him.

The things that you point out Whisp, inparticular regarding Ronald, are at the core of why I am now convinced that there was at one time a working relationship between RC and LE. Although at the core, they are not the only reason for my opinion on this of late; After the latest search at the river, which, dispite all the hoop-la about upcoming arrests... went nowhere - again, I am convinced that there is something else much deeper at work here and it certainly isn't (and cannot be) the genious of a bunch of under-educated and socially unsophiscated individuals. I agree they may all be extremely street-smart and no doubt they have the ability to con-a-con, but not a one of them have the fortitude to out-smart LE - not even all of them put together. Matter of fact, the chances of this bunch, as a group, being able to keep a secret and carry something like this off, make it even less likely with their combined non-intellect. There is something much more (than any of us know about) behind the scenes and I think it has more to do with LE's fear of exposing past departmental unethical and questionable practices regarding the handling of their informants. When I read the following, I couldn't help but notice several things that may very well be applicable in this case, regarding RC & LE;

BBM, I respectfully disagree that LE can't be outsmarted by any of these players because LE initially believed Tommy when he said he went to Ron's on Monday evening and got no response. I knew Tommy had lied for the following reasons:

1. Tommy had smoked a joint with Misty early Monday evening and I believe Misty would have shared her plans for the evening with him. If Misty intended to go somewhere with HaLeigh & Jr Monday evening, Tommy would have known; therefore, it wasn't necessary for Tommy to go to Ron's to know what his sister was doing or where she was.

2. Ron called Tommy's place and asked Tommy if Misty was there because she wasn't answering her phone; Tommy wasn't specifically directed by Ron to go to check up on Misty.

3. I figured Misty wouldn't knock on her brother's door at his house when she went there so the fact Tommy didn't try to enter Ron's trailer, especially since Ron was at work, led me to believe Tommy's story was not credible.

4. Tommy was babysitting his kids while Lindsy was at school and IMO, he wouldn't leave his kids alone and hang around Ron's trailer for awhile like he said he did.

5. Lindsy got home from school shortly after 10 pm and Tommy had cleaned the trailer and cooked supper for them. After supper they watched t.v. and went to bed together around 11:30 pm.

6. Tommy was desperate, and still is, to do whatever it takes to get his bond reduced so he can get out of jail. LE was pressuring ToCr to tell them what happened to HaLeigh and segregating him in jail to break him.
Good post Bluesky#1, and maybe you forgot to mention that it's unlikely Misty was not at home at 10pm that evening? Plus, had Tommy truly gone to the trailer, he would have woken Misty who said she only went to bed at 10pm anyway. There was no way she fell instantly into a deep sleep.

I never believed he was there at 10pm either but he had to take into account Lindsy being home between 10:15 and 10:30.

He would guard it because he couldn't trust misty, her brother or JO.

What a great father, he couldn't trust misty, her brother or JO with his gun
but it was okay to leave his children with them. How many votes will he get for father of the year? 000

I guess all we can do is surmise until we get to see the phone records. TN got the the trailer suspiciously early the night Haleigh disappeared. It's possible she was alerted but we have yet to hear about a call made to her.

On the other hand, maybe Misty often nipped across to Tommy's when she was babysitting. I think Tyler and Green Lane are very, very near each other. Ron could say she did this now and again as an explanation.

Another thing is that drug dealers often have a couple of 'disposable' phones (we call them pay-as-you-go - you don't have to give your details when you buy them either). This is a bit outside of your post but worth mentioning. Anyone of them could have dropped a phone like this out to Ron while they held onto another one to co-ordinate events that night. Suspicious calls could have made on these and those that supported Ron's alibi could have been made on his listed one. JMO.

I actually started to mention throw away phones in my post. I have the same thought as you that the known phones were used for alibis but there are some unknown phones.

IMO, on the 911 when Ron says something about where is his phone it is because he cannot find his known phone, only his disposable. Once the 911 call was made, he could not use his disposable to call about Haleigh because they need proof of those calls from known numbers.

IMO, on the 911 when Ron says something about where is his phone it is because he cannot find his known phone, only his disposable. Once the 911 call was made, he could not use his disposable to call about Haleigh because they need proof of those calls from known numbers.
^^ respectfully snipped

That's a really spot-on connection you've made there - a very likely scenario indeed.

Digging back through old info again. Nay Nay's interview with Art Harris. She says she left Misty off Sunday morning at her brother's house--not sure which one. A little later she was driving around & Misty's mom & her "sister" came out and stopped her. RC, ToC and "their dad" (Lester maybe?) were looking for WBG. I'm thinking the reason for that is one of Misty's lies. I wonder if she told RC that WBG raped her or else forced her to prostitute herself to the Mexicans in Crescent City in a ploy for sympathy. Somehow I can just hear her saying something like that--to get him angry at someone else instead of herself. That way the unfaithfulness was not her fault--they forced her to do it. I could see revenge playing a part in everything leading up to Haleigh's disappearance if that is the case. Would love to know if WBG told LE anything about RC coming after him or wanting to know where the house was in Crescent City.

BBM:

Teresa states she received a call from Ron about 3:30 and was there lickety split.

Another issue of note is that Misty and Ron's phones are listed on the initial police report as the same number.

Ron tells Misty at the end of the second 911 call (after he'd hung up initially) as telling her to "give me MY phone, we got better people to call than some mf@@#$ who aren't coming." So we know Ron's phone was in Misty's hand. The question then is where was Misty's phone, if she was using Ron's to make those calls? We've heard she called Ron on his phone immediately before he arrived home. We've heard he called her phone repeatedly throughout that night with no answer. We've heard Misty stutter and say, then correct, that she called her mother before 911. We've heard that she talked to one or both of her brothers before Ron arrived home at "3 something".

Where was Misty's phone, if she suddenly didn't have it to make the 911 calls on and Ron wanted his phone back to call better people?

Just out of curiosity, do we have a map of the area showing the road from the dock to Buffalo Bluff Road that includes the location of the Kangaroo store?

BBM:

Teresa states she received a call from Ron about 3:30 and was there lickety split.

Another issue of note is that Misty and Ron's phones are listed on the initial police report as the same number.

Ron tells Misty at the end of the second 911 call (after he'd hung up initially) as telling her to "give me MY phone, we got better people to call than some mf@@#$ who aren't coming." So we know Ron's phone was in Misty's hand. The question then is where was Misty's phone, if she was using Ron's to make those calls? We've heard she called Ron on his phone immediately before he arrived home. We've heard he called her phone repeatedly throughout that night with no answer. We've heard Misty stutter and say, then correct, that she called her mother before 911. We've heard that she talked to one or both of her brothers before Ron arrived home at "3 something".

Where was Misty's phone, if she suddenly didn't have it to make the 911 calls on and Ron wanted his phone back to call better people?

Hey Debs, it almost sounds like Misty never had her phone that night. Maybe that's why she wasn't able to answer the phone all those times Ron called her. Maybe that's why she was waiting on Ron to get home. He had his phone and probably hers to. I can see that as being another way to control the situation, Especially if something happened to Haleigh before he went to work. He or they couldn't risk Misty talking to anyone else, while he was at work, about what happened. Perhaps, that was included in this cover-up. The phone thing always bothered me.

I'm still thinking....if someone saw Misty on the phone crying around 3am, then whose phone was she using then?

Hey Debs, it almost sounds like Misty never had her phone that night. Maybe that's why she wasn't able to answer the phone all those times Ron called her. Maybe that's why she was waiting on Ron to get home. He had his phone and probably hers to. I can see that as being another way to control the situation, Especially if something happened to Haleigh before he went to work. He or they couldn't risk Misty talking to anyone else, while he was at work, about what happened. Perhaps, that was included in this cover-up. The phone thing always bothered me.

I'm still thinking....if someone saw Misty on the phone crying around 3am, then whose phone was she using then?
thank you thank you thank you! :smile:

From the get go I've been sayin' there is something up with these "phones". MC uses RC's phone for the 911 because he says to her "give me my phone, I got better people to call".

Then, check out the incident report (only official doc we've gotten from LE). It lists ONLY ONE CELL PHONE NUMBER for both MC and RC. I've been wondering and wondering where was MC's phone? Was she left there by herself with the kids and no phone. IF RC had her phone - left in the car - and he knew it - then all those 90 some-odd calls were "setting her up". If he didn't know it - then why didn't he call her on the way home - then her phone would have rung in the car - well, unless it was on silent.

There is something up with all these players phones!

This whole case beats all I have ever seen in my life. I think all anyone can do is go thru the statements and what little evidence there is and pick what it is you believe and then try to figure out what happened. There is so much rumor and outright false info that its almost impossible. This is what I believe from all that we have heard so far.

I believe the following:
Jr said someone in black was bouncing on the couch. I BELIEVE JR.

End of list.

Who was that in black? I think Ron. He and Jo just had an excursion of some sort that followed them home. Joe was leaving the next day and didn't need to disguise himself.

thank you thank you thank you! :smile:

From the get go I've been sayin' there is something up with these "phones". MC uses RC's phone for the 911 because he says to her "give me my phone, I got better people to call".

Then, check out the incident report (only official doc we've gotten from LE). It lists ONLY ONE CELL PHONE NUMBER for both MC and RC. I've been wondering and wondering where was MC's phone? Was she left there by herself with the kids and no phone. IF RC had her phone - left in the car - and he knew it - then all those 90 some-odd calls were "setting her up". If he didn't know it - then why didn't he call her on the way home - then her phone would have rung in the car - well, unless it was on silent.

There is something up with all these players phones!

Swag, I'm beginning to think that Misty did not have her phone and Ron knew she didn't. You made me think about Ron supposedly not answering his phone because he was pulling in the driveway. If he made all these calls to her that went unanswered-I would expect Ron to immediately answer his phone to find out why she had not answered earlier whether he was pulling in the driveway or not. If Ron say he didn't answer his phone because he was pulling in the driveway, still, how would he know that Misty was at the mh? He tried calling her 20+ times and he even called Tommy wanting to know if Misty was there. So obviously he thought she had left. Did he just think that she would be there by the time he got there? It's weird. If his scheduled hours ended at midnight and Misty was out, not knowing he was working overtime...wouldn't she have made sure she was back at the mh by 12? Did he not try to call her after 12? If there were 20-90 calls I'm quite sure some of those were after midnight. Why wouldn't she answer then?

I think that is another lie told by Misty and Ron-She didn't try to call Ron as he was pulling into the driveway. And if Ron had her phone, he was the one probably calling his phone from her phone around that time. Does that make sense? Wasn't it said that her phone was off after the argument at 8:30p until 3a? Maybe that argument was carried out on another phone..not hers.

on the police report, if Misty had her phone, why not list it as HER number. If it hadn't been used all night, with it being turned off, what was the problem in giving LE this information as her own? I wonder if that was Ron's idea.

Here is a map of the route that could have made sense if "someone" were trying to hide someone the night Haleigh disappeared. It includes the State Boat launch in Welaka. Doesn't mean what they are looking for is necessarily in the water but how ironic is it that GGS was living in Welaka at the time. Starts at Green Lane in Satsuma and ends at the Kangaroo Express on 309. It takes 27 minutes one way to drive this route. Almost an hour round trip. In my mind, there is approx. a 1.5 to 2 hour gap in RC's time not accounted for that night and if the video of him in the Kangaroo store is around 2am, it supports my theory. PDM is way north of Satsuma, so if he worked late, how did he get all the way south at that Kangaroo store in that kind of time without even stopping by the house after making 90 phone calls to find out where MC was?

IF I have the right Kangaroo store. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Here is the map. All opinions welcome.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113235907935715109838.000485e627d19bbbec8e0&z=11

Ron, of course, is -- is the father of Haleigh Cummings. And Junior, a little -- her little brother. He is now claiming, and the police back up, that he has an alibi for that night. He was at work at PDM Bridge Company. Cell phone pings put him there
tp://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/30/ijvm.01.html
But if police back up/confirm Ron's alibi for that night and also verified cell phone pings wouldnt this point to LE believing it as fact? Meaning that LE believes Ron's statements of his whereabouts and goings ons for the night Haleigh went missing?

Swag, I'm beginning to think that Misty did not have her phone and Ron knew she didn't. You made me think about Ron supposedly not answering his phone because he was pulling in the driveway. If he made all these calls to her that went unanswered-I would expect Ron to immediately answer his phone to find out why she had not answered earlier whether he was pulling in the driveway or not. If Ron say he didn't answer his phone because he was pulling in the driveway, still, how would he know that Misty was at the mh? He tried calling her 20+ times and he even called Tommy wanting to know if Misty was there. So obviously he thought she had left. Did he just think that she would be there by the time he got there? It's weird. If his scheduled hours ended at midnight and Misty was out, not knowing he was working overtime...wouldn't she have made sure she was back at the mh by 12? Did he not try to call her after 12? If there were 20-90 calls I'm quite sure some of those were after midnight. Why wouldn't she answer then?

I think that is another lie told by Misty and Ron-She didn't try to call Ron as he was pulling into the driveway. And if Ron had her phone, he was the one probably calling his phone from her phone around that time. Does that make sense? Wasn't it said that her phone was off after the argument at 8:30p until 3a? Maybe that argument was carried out on another phone..not hers.

on the police report, if Misty had her phone, why not list it as HER number. If it hadn't been used all night, with it being turned off, what was the problem in giving LE this information as her own? I wonder if that was Ron's idea.

If they were doing anything shady back then they might simply not have wanted LE to have Misty's number because they didn't want them to trace her calls and see who she had been talking to (their supplier etc.). I suppose 911 would know if she called from her phone but she might not have thought about it.

Ronald Cummings: "where is my f'ing phone...we've got better people to talk to then some mother f'ers who ain't coming."

Would Ronald have asked where his phone was if he knew he gave it to Misty to call 911? He'd have known Misty had it since the 911 call was still going on.

Ron, of course, is -- is the father of Haleigh Cummings. And Junior, a little -- her little brother. He is now claiming, and the police back up, that he has an alibi for that night. He was at work at PDM Bridge Company. Cell phone pings put him there
tp://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/30/ijvm.01.html
But if police back up/confirm Ron's alibi for that night and also verified cell phone pings wouldnt this point to LE believing it as fact? Meaning that LE believes Ron's statements of his whereabouts and goings ons for the night Haleigh went missing?

Jess, no one is denying that he went to work. But we don't know the time when something happened to Haleigh. Nor do we know if he was there the ENTIRE night. IIRC, something was wrong with their time clock at the time Haleigh went missing. I found it strange that PDM changed their timeclock system after all this happened. JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove