General theory thread and motives rehashed #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:I don't understand why you feel it's necessary 'to be there' to give details of your THEORY of what you THINK happened.

I don't feel it is neccessary "to be there" in order to give a theory on what I believe happened, however since I was not there I have no way of knowing how many people were there other than I feel certain Ron C and Misty were there. I would certainly hope no one else was there, and like Ron C and Misty did absolutely nothing to attempt to save her..
Paraphrasing...
You think Ron unintentionally shot Haleigh and Misty was there when it happened. Yes, I do..

Do you think anyone else was there? See above reply
Do you think Misty saw Ron shoot Haleigh? YES
You don't touch on it in this post, but IIRC, you said you think this happened at Hank and Lisa's place. If so, why do you think Ron, Misty and Haleigh were there instead of at home? Also, what about the cleanup? Did Ron get lucky and not leave a bullet hole

To my knowledge I have never stated for certain the incident occurred inside Hank Sr. and Lisa' residence, however I do believe the incident occurred on the Magnolia Street premises ( IMHO... That could very well be inside their residence) or in the Shell Harbor area. I also believe Ron C and Misty were NOT reconciled on Monday February 9, 2009 as Teresa Neves would like for the world to believe, and Misty, per Teresa Neves' request agreed to babsy sit that afternoon/evening.. There are witnesses who claim Misty picked up Haleigh and drove off in the opposite direction of the MH on Green Lane...
In reference to the cleanup, to my knowldege, PCSO never searched Hank Sr. and Lisa's residence and they also moved out of the residence immediately after Hank Sr. was released from the hospital... So we don't know what could have been cleaned up or what was covered up... We still don't know IF the residence has ever been searched...I do recall Tommy telling his father in one of the jail tape videos Ron C shot at a mirror though. Remember that?

IMO, if Ron shot Haleigh and Misty saw him do it, there is no way in he77 Misty, much less Tommy, with maybe Timmy, Chelsea and Cousin Joe thrown in, are going to be willing to help out and cover up. And it didn't stop there, either. When Tommy finally talked, what did he say about Ron shooting Haleigh? Nothing. He said Cousin Joe was the perp and he, Tommy, helped get rid of the body. What did Misty say about Ron shooting Haleigh? Nothing. She said Cousin Joe and Tommy did it while she hid under the covers terrified. At this point, Tommy, who according to your theory has done all this to protect Misty, is being sacrificed by Misty, and he still says nothing about Ron. This, IMO, is way above and beyond helping out and covering up, and IMO has gone way past anything to do with protecting Misty from whatever she needs protecting from if Ron is the one who shot Haleigh.

BBM.. Not necessarily so... And IMHO and after following this case for over three years now, it is blatantly obvious to me The Croslins were set up to take the FALL for Ronald Cummings.. Yes, they have all lied and scapegoated someone else in order to keep the truth from being revealed and IMHO that is due to the fact they NOW realize they were conned and manipulated into lying to LE and helping Ron C coverup the death of his daughter... They also NOW realize they were set up to take the fall for Ron C and are between a rock and a hard place. Also, last I heard Misty is NOW, once again, denying Haleigh is deceased...

IMHO, this theory requires way too many people involved for it to be plausible in my mind. Not only is it too many people, IMO it's too many people doing things they have no reason or motive to do.

OK.. I'll take out Chelsy and Timmy being involved eventhough I believe there is a good possibility they have some knowledge as to what really happened...However, I'm not taking out Teresa Neves, GGMS or anyone else in the Cummings/Neves/Sykes Clan..They are all thicker than thieves.. We have D. Sykes blatantly stating he doesn't snitch on family...

I don't think a big number of people would be okay in getting involved in any way in the murder, disposal and cover-up of a five-year-old child. IMO, for this to work, Ron would have had to have been a lucky, lucky man to find so many of them concentrated in such a small area, who not only are willing to do this, but are also so incredibly loyal to him, especially after the way he's treated some of them.

As I stated before, I suspect Ron C conned and manipulated the Croslins into helping out that night. I also highly suspect Ron C left Misty high and dry with a deceased child on her hands while he high tailed his rear into work so he could have an alibi.

Also, there is a timeline here. LE not knowing the exact second Haleigh was killed doesn't mean they can't narrow it down. IMO, the most the timeline can involve is from the time Haleigh got out of school until 3:27am when 911 was called. Personally, I feel LE has narrowed it down to occurring between 8pm through 3:27am. But when do you feel all this took place? According to LE, Ron was at work, but if you feel Ron had the ability to go to work and then slip in and out as he pleased with no one being the wiser, then why would he need all these people to help him out? The more people who know, the greater the liability someone will talk, and again, IMO, this is a lot of people. Some of these people have drug problems, and some of them are in prison, and still they don't talk, unless it's to make themselves look guilty.

IMHO..PCSO at one time stated they didn't know when or where the crime had occurred IF indeed there was a crime committed... Since they have now declared Haleigh's case a homicide I suspect the incident occurred not too long after Haleigh got off that school bus, before Ronald Cummings ever showed up at this place of employment. Whatever time that really was, we don't know...PCSO and PDM have never released that information. My understanding is there is a witness who has claimed Ron C was at his house needing money on February 9, 2009.. IIRC the witness claims it was during the dinner hour, sometime when the local news was on..
Also, there is not one reliable witness who has come forward and stated they saw Haleigh after she got into that van and headed in the opposite direction of the MH on Green Lane.

MY repy in RED and all JMHOOTS

MY repy in RED

Thank you, Emeralgem. Your latest response to me has made much crystal clear.

I do not think there is much possibility of me ever seeing this case in the same light you do, so I agree to disagree.

MY repy in RED

Yes, What you said!!! My theory matches yours pretty much. Very well explained...I think Ron either lost his temper and killed Haleigh, probably without meaning to, or gave her something to make her sleep when he went to work, and she overdosed. I also believe Misty knows full well what he did. I think she is afraid that if she now tells what she knows, she will also be held responsible as an accessory, and doesn't want more time added to her existing looooong sentence. I think Tommy, and the other Croslins started out thinking if they went along with Ron's "cover-up" plan, they could possibly make it work, and LE would never know what really happened, if they all stuck together. Problem is, they were being set up, and never knew what hit them till it was too late to get out of it. The more they changed their stories, the more guilty they looked. Of course , this is JMO.:seeya:

I've spent some time researching Ron's plea deal and proffer (proffer agreement?). So far, I haven't found anything concrete saying what it was over, just general terms of 'Ron has to testify' and things like that. I saw one article that says Ron agreed to testify against Tommy about drugs, but ???.

If anyone has a link that shows Ron's plea deal and proffer are exclusive to Haleigh's case, or even have something to do with Haleigh's case, I'd like to read about it.

TIA

Thank you, Emeralgem. Your latest response to me has made much crystal clear.

I do not think there is much possibility of me ever seeing this case in the same light you do, so I agree to disagree.

BBM No problem and thank you for reading... I recall hearing my grandmother say.. Differences of opinion are what makes the world go 'round.. I've learned in my lifetime she was absolutely correct in her thinking..JMHO

I've spent some time researching Ron's plea deal and proffer (proffer agreement?). So far, I haven't found anything concrete saying what it was over, just general terms of 'Ron has to testify' and things like that. I saw one article that says Ron agreed to testify against Tommy about drugs, but ???.

If anyone has a link that shows Ron's plea deal and proffer are exclusive to Haleigh's case, or even have something to do with Haleigh's case, I'd like to read about it.

TIA

I don't know if this will help or not, but the way I understand the words of this condition to his plea agreement, he agrees to offer "substantial assistance and/or testimony" to ANY lawful proceeding if called upon by the State of Florida.

The Conditions of Ronald Cummings' Plea Agreement - YouTube

I don't know if this will help or not, but the way I understand the words of this condition to his plea agreement, he agrees to offer "substantial assistance and/or testimony" to ANY lawful proceeding if called upon by the State of Florida.

Thanks, this does help. I've been going under the assumption Ron agreed to give LE information about Haleigh's case he had either withheld or lied about in return for having his charges dropped, and I just realized yesterday I can't remember seeing anything concrete to support that. It's possible he told them about crimes other than Haleigh's disappearance. It would be nice to know one way or the other, but I guess for now I'll file this away under vague and ambiguous until something solid comes up about it....along with most of the other stuff out there about this case. :banghead:

~Respectfully Snipped For Specific Comment~

The incest I believe. I don't know about the molestation, though.

MistyCroslin-1.jpg

I guess anything's possible, but I have a hard time believing all this sexual abuse allegedly heaped on poor little Misty. Just the sheer volume of alleged abusers in her various tales makes this sort of insinuation hard for me to see as having credibility.

Let's take a look at what we've been told.

-We know there is some kid in Daytona doing hard time in prison because HE is supposed to have sexually abused poor Miss Croslin.

-We know she accused her cousin, Joe Overstreet, of incest/sexual abuse.

BUT

-We also know she was a 16 year old girl/child who fell right into willingly living with and sleeping with a 22 year old man.

-We know there were people who came out of the woodwork to tell of her sexual exploits ranging from 3 somes reported to Tim Miller of TES to stories of her taking on multiple partners at the same time reported to Cobra.

-At one point there were even rumors of her banging Ronald's UNCLE!

That's already a lot of miles on a short track, and now, we're supposed to add her brother to this long list of evil people taking advantage of poor little Misty?

Is it reasonable for us to believe this incest claim realizing that, prior to February 9, 2009, the ONLY crime Tommy Croslin had ever been accused of was a domestic violence charge that was later DROPPED BY HIS WIFE? There were no drug charges. There was no walking around the neighborhood at night or petty burgulary charges. All of this happened AFTER Haleigh disappeared.

I can't buy it. I see Misty Croslin as a girl/child who thought her chit didn't stink and learned early in life how to use what she had to get what she wanted.

I think Tommy, and the other Croslins started out thinking if they went along with Ron's "cover-up" plan, they could possibly make it work, and LE would never know what really happened, if they all stuck together. Problem is, they were being set up, and never knew what hit them till it was too late to get out of it. The more they changed their stories, the more guilty they looked. Of course , this is JMO.:seeya:

But why would any of the Croslins, who actually didn't kill the child, all be quiet while Misty rots and one of them could have made a deal for immunity, and before anyone says, there wont be any immunity for someone who went along with something like this, there IS, and its been offered to Misty, allegedly. And if Rons fam is so powerful, why would they let the Croslins run around with the truth that could put their beloved Ronald away. Why would numerous Croslins not turn on the other to get the money, they are all poor and continue to be, so why on earth would they do all this for Ronald? Misty is not the killer here, now had she been I could see them doing this, but no way.

jmo

I love how before it was all mysterious about what was going on, and Ron was feeding the fake info that he was going to do some honorable thing and testify against Misty and Tommy, even though anyone using logic, and also knowing how the law works, knew that they didnt need Rons "testimony" because it was all on camera and Ron really wasnt working for the cops, he was a full fledged drug seeing druggie (ON CAMERA) and like somehow this testimony was going to give him less time or something, it was so absurd the stuff people were actually buying. And now look, the State has him so cuckholded that when they bring charges against him for what he did to his daughter, if he wont answer, bam, deal gone, he gets 50, and thats just the tip of the iceberg because he wont get off like Casey Anthony did, it will be a battle for his LIFE. I cant wait for that day, thats for sure, and I am confident its going to happen. jmo

But why would any of the Croslins, who actually didn't kill the child, all be quiet while Misty rots and one of them could have made a deal for immunity, and before anyone says, there wont be any immunity for someone who went along with something like this, there IS, and its been offered to Misty, allegedly. And if Rons fam is so powerful, why would they let the Croslins run around with the truth that could put their beloved Ronald away. Why would numerous Croslins not turn on the other to get the money, they are all poor and continue to be, so why on earth would they do all this for Ronald? Misty is not the killer here, now had she been I could see them doing this, but no way.

jmo

IMHO.. Considering everything I'm somewhat surprised Misty and Tommy are still alive...JMHO

I agree with almost every sentence. I only wish we knew where the others in the Cummings family were all day, evening and night.

I think it isn't over. I just really believe that Ron squirming like a worm under a glass trying to overturn his sentence is indiciative of some movement in this case. He wasn't forthcoming in his deal and he knows whatever comes after, is in addition to his current sentences.

I also note Misty has been moved to a different facility. Hope that works out for her. If I read correctly, it is for youthful offenders and she will be able to get an education and some vocational training. That in itself gives me hope she is talking.

In the meantime, I hope that those that are involved in this quagmire of deciet are squirming too!

Lets start with TN. Where was she on the 9th? Why has she never talked about the last time she was with HaLeigh?

MistyCroslin-1.jpg

I guess anything's possible, but I have a hard time believing all this sexual abuse allegedly heaped on poor little Misty. Just the sheer volume of alleged abusers in her various tales makes this sort of insinuation hard for me to see as having credibility.

-We know there is some kid in Daytona doing hard time in prison because HE is supposed to have sexually abused poor Miss Croslin.

BUT

-We also know she was a 16 year old girl/child who fell right into willingly living with and sleeping with a 22 year old man.

-We know there were people who came out of the woodwork to tell of her sexual exploits ranging from 3 somes reported to Tim Miller of TES to stories of her taking on multiple partners at the same time reported to Cobra.

That's already a lot of miles on a short track, and now, we're supposed to add her brother to this long list of evil people taking advantage of poor little Misty?

Is it reasonable for us to believe this incest claim realizing that, prior to February 9, 2009, the ONLY crime Tommy Croslin had ever been accused of was a domestic violence charge that was later DROPPED BY HIS WIFE? There were no drug charges. There was no walking around the neighborhood at night or petty burgulary charges. All of this happened AFTER Haleigh disappeared.

I can't buy it. I see Misty Croslin as a girl/child who thought her chit didn't stink and learned early in life how to use what she had to get what she wanted.
IMO, Misty shows classic signs of a sexually abused female. IMO, if the guy in Daytona wasn't guilty, he has had ample opportunity to clear his name. Misty getting caught up in Haleigh's case, would have given him the perfect ammunition, to prove she was a liar and her parents were con artists. I remember seeing an interview, (Art Harris, I think), where her mother talked about not knowing about JO messing with Misty, until she passed that part of the lie detector test. And as far as Tommy goes, I believe her. I don't believe his lack of prior record, means squat...except that LE had no reason before Haleigh came up missing, to zero in on him. You'd be surprised at how many people commit daily crimes, under the radar. Misty moving in with an older man, is also a classic sign of a molest victim. But, even though I believe most of Misty's molestation claims, I'm not sure they have a thing to do with this case, except to show the kind of people Haleigh was surrounded by, and the circumstances that led up to her disappearance. I think Misty learned at an early age, that being the victim, got her attention, and was a handy excuse, to blame her problems on. In other words, I think she learned to use it and manipulate it. I have known other victims who have done this very thing. They get on drugs, quit school, are promiscuous, commit crimes...and blame it all on their childhoods. And they're right. It's the reason they are who they are. Some Kids who are molested, develop a lot of negative traits, and thery're not very likeable or sympathetic. Something like Haleigh's case wouldn't happen to a normal person, and Misty, is exactly the kind of person, who would get mixed up in something like this. About Tommy...I don't understand how people can see his spiraling down, as a sign of innocence in Haleigh's murder. I see the exact opposite. IMO, this guy hasn't been tricked by his little sister. I also don't see this brotherly loyalty, a lot of people see. What about loyalty to his own kids? I can't stand, his actions being twisted into something noble, motivated by love and protection. The only person Tommy is motivated to protect, IMO, is Tommy. All of this is MOO ,

I know Misty was technically sexually abused by Ron, based on stat rape laws. However, no, to me she does not look like the face of child sexual abuse, she is the result of drug addicted parents who were gypsys, shes street smart and knows how to use her body to get what she wants. Its sad there is a guy she had a relationship with who is in prison for having sex with her, but Ron was never charged with the same thing. Tommy started going downhill when he learned whatever information from Misty the night of Ron and Mistys big fight where she called in her family to come get her but ended up not leaving Ronald, and some women should know its hard to leave an abuser who you love. Lots of people want to put stock in what Chelsea says, well then why not ponder what happened after Tommy had Ron arrested and she said they became friends AFTER that, when they never were before. Now if Tommy was so involved in what happened to Haleigh, why wouldn't they be chummy until after Ron was arrested? I still maintain that after Misty told Tommy something, Ron paid off Tommy or gave him good deals on pills. jmo

IMO, Misty shows classic signs of a sexually abused female. IMO, if the guy in Daytona wasn't guilty, he has had ample opportunity to clear his name. Misty getting caught up in Haleigh's case, would have given him the perfect ammunition, to prove she was a liar and her parents were con artists. I remember seeing an interview, (Art Harris, I think), where her mother talked about not knowing about JO messing with Misty, until she passed that part of the lie detector test. And as far as Tommy goes, I believe her. I don't believe his lack of prior record, means squat...except that LE had no reason before Haleigh came up missing, to zero in on him. You'd be surprised at how many people commit daily crimes, under the radar. Misty moving in with an older man, is also a classic sign of a molest victim. But, even though I believe most of Misty's molestation claims, I'm not sure they have a thing to do with this case, except to show the kind of people Haleigh was surrounded by, and the circumstances that led up to her disappearance. I think Misty learned at an early age, that being the victim, got her attention, and was a handy excuse, to blame her problems on. In other words, I think she learned to use it and manipulate it. I have known other victims who have done this very thing. They get on drugs, quit school, are promiscuous, commit crimes...and blame it all on their childhoods. And they're right. It's the reason they are who they are. Some Kids who are molested, develop a lot of negative traits, and thery're not very likeable or sympathetic. Something like Haleigh's case wouldn't happen to a normal person, and Misty, is exactly the kind of person, who would get mixed up in something like this. About Tommy...I don't understand how people can see his spiraling down, as a sign of innocence in Haleigh's murder. I see the exact opposite. IMO, this guy hasn't been tricked by his little sister. I also don't see this brotherly loyalty, a lot of people see. What about loyalty to his own kids? I can't stand, his actions being twisted into something noble, motivated by love and protection. The only person Tommy is motivated to protect, IMO, is Tommy. All of this is MOO ,

BBM

Great post, Dodie! I so agree with the above especially the part I bolded. What the he// right did he have to be hanging around smoking pot, growing pot, doing other drugs, breaking into others homes. What kind of person does that? He had a wife and kids he should have been working to support, not passing out at bus stops.

And while on the subject of Tommy, I think Lindsay knew most, if not all, what was going on. She was guilty of accepting stolen property, she showed the police where the movies, et al. were in her home. But did she get arrested: NO!

And, that makes me think of Katrina. She was an accessory to the fact, but was she arrested: NO!

Yep, police really doing their job down in Flordia! :maddening:

MistyCroslin-1.jpg

BUT

another thing about Tommy...It doesn't matter if his wife dropped the domestic violence charges. That happens all the time. Cops here begged my daughter to press charges against her bf and she flat out refused. Some women put up with a lot of violence, in the name of love. What I see with Tommy, (and if anybody knows differently, please fill me in), is he is violent with his family and extended family. There were the dropped charges, the fight with his dad, where his own little son was scared of him, the fight with RC, where Misty said he put his hands on her for no reason...and she was granted a restraining order...and those things aren't easy to get. It takes more than a he said she said. CC admitted after his fight with his own father, that he had a terrible temper. Yeah, she's full of it, but why would she lie about this? If anything, I got the impression that she was downplaying it. I'm not surprised that a wife would drop charges, but what I really see here, is something happened that was bad enough to involve the law, and press charges. MOO, but I see a pattern with Tommy, and when you add drugs to the mix, you've got a catastrophe waiting to happen. And it was Tommy, himself, who admitted to being so high that night, that he passed in and out of consciousness, and it was Tommy who claimed Haleigh was taken because of a rage. MOO.

Yes, What you said!!! My theory matches yours pretty much. Very well explained...I think Ron either lost his temper and killed Haleigh, probably without meaning to, or gave her something to make her sleep when he went to work, and she overdosed. I also believe Misty knows full well what he did. I think she is afraid that if she now tells what she knows, she will also be held responsible as an accessory, and doesn't want more time added to her existing looooong sentence. I think Tommy, and the other Croslins started out thinking if they went along with Ron's "cover-up" plan, they could possibly make it work, and LE would never know what really happened, if they all stuck together. Problem is, they were being set up, and never knew what hit them till it was too late to get out of it. The more they changed their stories, the more guilty they looked. Of course , this is JMO.:seeya:

I agree and hope that LE has figured it out as well. But, it doesn't look as if LE is going to act on anything. I think they were through with the investigation of this case as soon as the FAB five were sentenced.

Yeah, you are right, that is very suspect that she turned that down, and they were not playing with her either, and now she has 15 years. I think Hope has just flew under our radar, but not LE, and why wasn't Katrina charged in the drug bust?

You are right. She has gone under our radar, but NOT LE. I think Nancy Grace forgot Hope was a relative of Ron's... because Nancy had zero sympathy for her, and nailed her hard on her show... and Nancy was even wondering if Hope had information on what happened to Haleigh.

I think Hope was also tight with Misty. So it is a good possibility she knows a lot more than she is telling.

TIA

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Jane, I can tell you that Ronald Cummings has told law enforcement about a timeline and about phone calls Misty made that night. So -- or actually that he made that night. And they are trying to put together new information he`s given them. And that has resulted in a request to interview Misty Cummings -- Misty Croslin again.

AH reported that on JVM after Ron's plea deal. He gave LE NEW info, he WITHHELD about his phone conversations the night Haleigh went missing.

Now why would someone who was innocent withhold information about their telephone conversations for over a year while their daughter was missing if they didn't have any involvement? Ron was doing a lot of calling/texting that night and not a lot of "werkin" it looks like!

Ron's proffer agreement had to be about Haleigh, LE didn't need him for the drug cases, they were all caught on tape. Plus, the drug case was just a way to get their main suspects behind bars and put pressure on them.

People act like the drug case has nothing to do with Haleigh's case. IT HAS EVERYTHING to do with Haleigh's case and shows us who LE wanted to put the most pressure on.

I agree and hope that LE has figured it out as well. But, it doesn't look as if LE is going to act on anything. I think they were through with the investigation of this case as soon as the FAB five were sentenced.
Actually a team of experts throughout FL were in Putnam County over the summer reviewing the Haleigh Cummings case. I think PCSO is still working the case.

I think though getting their main suspects in prison was brillant. Sometimes prison can work wonders on people.

They think they are big and tough at first, but after their appeals go by, and year after year passes. Especially when they are roughed up in prison... They will start to break down.

I think we have seen some good police work from the PCSO and other agencies working on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member