George and Krystal Holloway/River Cruz *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA and River Cruz are supposed to testify tomorrow, at least thats what I hear. I am actually kinda nervous about it. I am afraid they both may be good/key witnesses for the defense. I just hope that calling these 2 as witnesses for the DT will backfire on them. I can only imagine how River is going to come across on the stand, and how the DT is going to spin her testimony. And God only knows how CA will come across. Will she be hostile, helpful, calm, tearful...? And then Vasco, is he supposed to testify too? I think it's safe to say the boring expert testimony is over, and the fireworks are about to start. Here's hoping for a good day (for the SA) in the journey towards justice for Caylee.

The first thing a witness does on the stand is pronounce and spell their name. We know of two names ,Krystal Holloway aka River Cruz. I think her credibility will stop there for some jurors.

Man.I am going to have to get up early and get my grocery shopping done so I don't miss a thing. My cupboards are bare...This trial is taking up all my productive time lol :eek:ddsmiley:

A jar of peanut butter and a spoon works really well.

I have a feeling River Cruz will not be able to say much, almost everything she would have to say is considered "hearsay." The only way the proper foundation for her to say what George said would be for defense to Call George and he denies statements. Then they could call her to offer her testimony as impeachment.
Curious...deny what statements? Things he said in his depositions?

Tomorrow is a big day and if history repeats itself, the witnesses will all be sitting in the hands of the state by the end of the day.

Regarding GA's affair, is there a thread that deals with any evidence that the affair actually took place?

I thought GA already denied her statements publically when she first gave them to LE? I don't know if it is even smart for the DT to call her. She said that GA said KC did it. She also said GA did not want to lose both his girls (so why would he let KC sit in jail for 3 years facing life if he knew the truth?) Also, she said GA told her he had a fight with KC and told her "where is Caylee?!!" if the DT story is correct, why would he attempt to choke KC aksing where Caylee is, if she drowned and he was aware?

I think River will hurt the DT way more than she could help them. If it were my life on the line, I would not want her called to the stand.

But I don't think she can testify to any of that stuff. The only reason she can testify to George saying it was 'an accident that snowballed' is that he already denied that on the stand. So she is allowed to impeach that testimony of his.

But that other stuff is still just hearsay unless they call George to the stand again first.imoo

What on earth would CA be back up on the stand tomorrow for? That makes no sense to me. GA maybe but CA? WTH?

The first thing a witness does on the stand is pronounce and spell their name. We know of two names ,Krystal Holloway aka River Cruz. I think her credibility will stop there for some jurors.

Good point MissJames! :bow:

Well for once, JB seems to have put a little thought into this. Putting them on the stand back to back....there's some drama in the making. The jurors, I believe, have bonded with CA. They don't know much about the last three years, so don't hold the past against her, and they feel for her obviously genuine grief and suffering. I doubt they'll be so kind to RC. When the State is done, they will believe that she cozied up to GA knowing that the case was big news and that she could probably turn a buck off of it. I know she supposedly lent him money, but I'm betting she made that back and then some. They will probably be po'd at GA, but maybe they will understand that in the throes of grief, people sometimes do things they regret.

But the bottom line, the big question, the main point is:

Will the jury believe River?

I have a feeling River Cruz will not be able to say much, almost everything she would have to say is considered "hearsay." The only way the proper foundation for her to say what George said would be for defense to Call George and he denies statements. Then they could call her to offer her testimony as impeachment.

Rules smules, I don't care 'bout no stinking rules. signed, Jose Baez

I saw her interviews and find them completely uneventful.

What if he did say he wants to think it was an accident that snowballed out of control
(so? of course he does not want to think of her as a murderer)

What if he did push Casey against the wall and accuse her of killing Caylee and demanded to know where she was, and Cindy pulled him off Casey.
(so, that proves he didn't have anything to do with hiding a body)

Why the heck would the defense call her? to UN support their theory yet again...

where is the interview, or link to the interview. I've looked everywhere,

(snipped for space)
What if he did push Casey against the wall and accuse her of killing Caylee and demanded to know where she was, and Cindy pulled him off Casey.
(so, that proves he didn't have anything to do with hiding a body)

Why the heck would the defense call her? to UN support their theory yet again...

BBM: ITA!

IF GA pushed Casey against the wall and accused her of harming Caylee, I feel it goes to the State's benefit. IF he did such, then obviously he didn't know what happened (ie Defense's drowning theory). As well, IMO, him accusing her is no more than Cindy asking her "what did you do?" when she found out that on July 15th that Caylee was "missing". Obviously, Cindy thought she was quite capable of doing something to Caylee. And, Casey saying maybe she's a "spiteful b**ch"...motive.

I really get the feeling this woman is out for money, but that's jmo. That being said, I have long believed that early on while Cindy was burying her head in the sand, George felt in his gut that ICA had done something to Caylee. I am sure that as a father, he was hoping that if his gut was right it was some sort of "accident that spiraled out of control", but I certainly don't believe he was there, was involved or KNEW anything for sure. No parent, sibling, friend etc. wants or is even able to believe their loved one is capable of murder (of a child, no less) until there is no way around it.

jmo

BBM: ME TOO!!!! Didn't she sell her story to the National Enquirer?

Originally Posted by The World According
I can help you out. According to Mr. Miller, George's friend relayed that George knew Caylee was dead, and the girl who had all the answers about it was Casey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabU four minute mark

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../09/ng.01.html
Tracy McLaughlin: The first morning I was there, I woke up to George -- I couldn't really hear Casey, but I woke up to, Quit your (deleted) lying. I mean, screaming. They could have heard it across the street. Don't (deleted) lie to me. I'm not putting up with your (deleted). Don't do that. You know, he's screaming at her. She's going, No, no, you have to believe me. Don't treat me like a cop. This is before Leonard talked to her. You act like my father. Act like you're my father instead of a cop. I'm not listening to your (deleted). Quit (deleted) lying.

I went looking specifically for this post - I wanted to read this again, especially since Ica is lining up the sacrifices...

O/T: The name Tracy McLaughlin jumped out at me in this post. Tonight on NG, Diane Dimond stated that she did an interview with Tracy recently and her name is Tracy Conway. When Dianne said her name, I remembered when this trial began there was a "Tracy Conway" who works as a fugitive recovery agent posting on Facebook (maybe on InSessions or the WESH's facebook page - the trial feed) about Tim Miller being a liar and that Casey never pointed at a map...yada yada yada.

---------------------------------

I was just going through the KH Depo thread and I feel like she couldn't keep her 'stories' straight.

Cliff notes of her depo:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5024600&postcount=27"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.17~Krystal Holloway's Transcript~Audio included[/ame]

I also found this post interesting:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5023165&postcount=13"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.17~Krystal Holloway's Transcript~Audio included[/ame]
Interesting quote in the jailhouse letters from KC, presumably referring to Nov. 2008 (page 13634):

My dad quit or got fired back in November, never mentioned it to my mom, but kept disappearing day and night, never telling her where he was going, what he was doing, or who with.

Of course, it also begs the question of how KC was learning this stuff if she and her parents - according to her parent's deposition - were having zero contact, including letters.

ETA: In the 'cliff notes' link, I thought this was interesting:

Page 57 – Krystal thinks GA does not feel bad that GA told the truth in his FBI interviews just that GA never thought they would ever be made public. At the time Ga made the comments about human decomp in the trunk etc. GA thought someone else killed Caylee and not KC and had GA knew it was KC at the time he would have not said those things.

So, did GA say that it was an accident that snowballed out of control? Or, did he say that he felt someone else killed Caylee and not KC...otherwise, he wouldn't have said those things? She's giving mixed stories. JMHO

I went back and re-read RC's statements to LE, etc. IMHO she is the equivalent to putting RA or MD up on the stand. The state will crucify her. Totally not credible in my eyes.

It’s hard to believe this little plot if finally coming to fruition. I remember when this River Cruz scandal came out around April of 2010. At the time I had no idea where it was leading, but now it seems clear. It appears to me, that the groundwork for the accidental death with GA’s involvement was scripted long ago and I’m guessing that the defense had GA’s and CA’s full approval. More diversions and distractions for the jury to wade through.

Personally, I don't think it will be a win for the DT. If in fact, RC had to go to the ER tonight for anti-anxiety she may just very well show up drugged to the gills. JA will not take too kindly to that (just speculating).

Cindy is mad as a wet hen (IMHO) now that the DT & ICA threw GA under the bus. I pray she will fight for Caylee, and not pay any mind to the inmate sitting at the DT.

As in previous days, I do not forsee a win for the DT tomorrow. But I am just speculating.

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel
oh please gmab RC/KH going to hospital again? I have never believed this woman I don't care what a body language expert says this woman has scammed most of her life imo and is very at ease with her "story" due to that moo

What proof is there that GA had an affair with her? I heard she's claiming 6 days after she volunteered to help look for Caylee they started an affair. Who would start an affair in the midst of looking for their missing granddaughter and who has the media camped out at their doorstep? I just have serious doubts that GA was cheating with her.

Also, this is my first time starting a thread so if this has been discussed before I apologize, I'm new to WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01