George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
respectfully snipped

you're not the only one. Only I go one more step, and place CA firmly in the driver's seat for this one. She will do anything to get Casey out. And George will do anything for CA. As has been proven. Just MOO though, as always.

Just had to add....this has crossed my mind as well. I think George would do anything CA would ask of him.

Something from that 911 call just hit me ... George's gun was confiscated back when Casey was released to stay at her parents house. Why wouldn't they give that "weapon" back to George when she was again taken back into custody? Unless I'm missing something ... hmmm. Makes me think that if George really wanted to commit suicide, why wouldn't he just go buy a new inexpensive gun to make the ordeal go by quicker? I bought my ex-fiance his off duty weapon when he graduated from the police academy. They aren't that expensive. Wouldn't it be about the same price compared to buying a pizza, 12 pack of beer, gas to get to Daytona (or it's surrounding vicinity), plus factor in the cost of the low budget motel room he rented. Friday had mentioned that George had to be resuscitated, but has that been proven or did the public just come to that conclusion based on the suicide note (saying he took a bunch of pills)? I've been following the Forensic Astrology thread that HouseMouse started since the beginning - everything's been almost 100% correct in the way things are turning out. I tend to believe George really did attempt suicide and will submit a prayer card for him (as well as his family). Also, why didn't Cindy make the 911 call instead of her lawyer? She answered all of the questions for him to repeat to the operator. One last thing - when the 911 dispatcher asked if there's anything that stood out in George's appearance, Conway informed "white hair" ... Why didn't he just say that he's Caylee Anthony's grandfather? I'm about sure the 911 dispatcher could just Google his name. I know that might not be standard procedure, but still, just makes me wonder. It should be noted that I indeed feel terrible for this man, as who in the world could ever endure such a tragedy, but his suicide threat still makes me wonder.

least they didn't wait 31 days..amazing how quick the police are when notified on time....

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

Wasn't the Sunshine Law designed to keep tabs on how public monies were being spent? I think it needs a revisit.

Hi:) My name is Carmen, too. I think that's about the only thing we have in common, though:(

I am very sorry to hear about your father, I know it was a terrible ordeal. However, I don't understand how you can presume what George Anthony would, or wouldn't do. I also feel very sorry for him, and not just because he lost a granddaughter. I feel sorry for him because he is living under a microscope while experiencing this loss, he has essentially lost his daughter, a large chunk of his privacy, his granddaughter, what relationship he had with his wife, I'm sure, his reputation, and probably his FAITH. He is LIVING in a house full of his daughter and granddaughter's belongings. He is listening to the same news reports and documents that make us cry, cringe, and hurt. I don't understand how people can be so callous. Sure, you don't have to agree with George's actions, but can you at least see where his hurt is coming from more than one angle, and how OVERWHELMING it must be?

I don't find it unlikely at all that someone who has had their granddaughter murdered (allegedly and most likely) by their own monster-daughter and gone through interrogations, testified against his own daughter inthe grand jury, knowing the inside info, imagining his granddaughter left to die in a trunk, or woods, having to walk into her bedroom, or see her toys lying around- yes, I don't find it unlikely at all that this person GENUINELY wanted to end their life.

I think it is unfathomable to judge this attempt, even if it were a cry for help.

And to the poster who said George should have handled things the "right way"

Is there a "right" and "wrong" way to handle this sort of mind breaking grief? Please provide a link to the "right" and "wrong" way to conduct yourself after you find your granddaughter was senseless murdered by your daughter, then produced lies trying to convince you to agree. TIA for the link, though I suspect it will take a lot of googling.

I really have to log off now. I'm going to get a time out:(

ITA - every suicide attempt should be taken seriously. These are cries for help. And I agree with everything else you said, too.

Friday - I agree with you. Sunshine Law needs limits.

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

I 100% agree!

I am speculating, I have nothing to support what I am about to say but I believe that George is suffering from depression. Acute depression. I do not believe that this was some scheme to manipulate the situation.

George has lost everything. He lost Caylee, he was her Jo-Jo. She was probably the light of his life. I do not for one minute doubt that his love for her was absolute.

George, more than likely, was thinking of suicide. Can we imagine what it must be like to wake up every morning to not only the reality that your precious granddaughter has been murdered, but that she was murdered by your own daughter? What amount of guilt can he hold within his heart? I think that if he lives through this to die of a natural death in old age that there will never be a day that he doesn't pause and think to himself "My Caylee".

If he wants to still love his daughter KC, I see no problem with it. She is still his child. I can't expect him to live according to my values and morals. I can only pray that I am not faced with a situation such as this, because I know myself well enough to know that I would not handle it with grace and probably not even dignity.

George is 57 yrs old by media reports. He has come to the time in his life when he can see the edges of the canvas of life clearly. All has been for naught. His hopes for the future and his dreams have been dashed never to be resurrected. Time has run out.

So yes I am thinking of him today, and I am glad he didn't complete his suicide attempt. I hope he never proves to me how sorrowful and the measure of regret he has by ending his life so that he can go make sure that His Caylee is in the arms of God.

Everything I typed above is just my opinion, I understand may hold one that differs. I just wanted to share.

Well said, Kat :blowkiss: I don't think this is a scheme either. I think George is truly falling apart. Geez, I know I would be. Like I've said before, that family is watched constantly and every little move they make, gets attention. He can't even fall apart and do his own thing without EVERYONE knowning about it.. That alone would send me to the looney farm..

I think (IMO) that GA, as an adult, is totally responsible for his actions, - sane or otherwise (yeah, I know the legal "eagles" disagree). Whether there is an underlying, possible long dormant, mental issue, is better left to the professionals who are ACTUALLY involved (and privy to) any past and ongoing therapy sessions with him. After all, a "sane" person can be driven insane, - even temporarily so. We all have our own threshholds to everything, external and internal stresses being only one aspect, and testimony, to the fragility of the human psyche. A break with reality doesn't necessarily mean that he's "broken". And, I'd hardly refer to anything that he has, or MAY have, written while in the throes of this very personal and reality-bending time as his "actual" feelings, thoughts, or last words, on any subjects he MAY have broached.

That he needs help is obvious. That he very probably needs help in catagorizing his own thoughts, admitting (even to himself) what they really are, and the ever revealing "why" he MAY have hidden, protected, and lived, in a self-imposed "reality" to hold together the tattered remnants of what was already a patchworked and intricately inter/intra-enabling existance.

Escaping reality results in one of two things, - a wall-building complete break (psychosis), or a wall-crushing invasion of reality. I have a feeling that GA was in the midst of suffering the latter and all following was his last attempts to hold onto the fantasy of propaganda he was force-feeding himself.

I think, whatever we agree or disagree on, that we ALL hope that he finds the peace of mind that he's sacrificed himself for.

I have never known where to stand on GA. Its been his behavior that has confused me them most since the onset of this nightmare. His statement about Cindy being in control and not allowing him to react the way he would like shows me he isn't guilty of the worst things in this case. Like many have theorized, I do believe GA and ALL the A's knew more than they have shared, and I believe that GA suffers the most guilt over this. I'm not here to crucify, I can only hope that GA finally gets the help he is so desperate for. And like others have said, lets hope the rest of the A family follows suit.:confused:

I'm amazed they reported him missing. He hasn't been gone a month yet.

I agree with you. The Florida Sunshine Law really needs to be changed.

:waitasec:
I wonder if OSCO ever returned the handgun they'd taken from him, which we'd discussed last here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3018229#post3018229

SNIPPED: "Something from that 911 call just hit me ... George's gun was confiscated back when Casey was released to stay at her parents house. Why wouldn't they give that "weapon" back to George when she was again taken back into custody? Unless I'm missing something ... hmmm. Makes me think that if George really wanted to commit suicide, why wouldn't he just go buy a new inexpensive gun to make the ordeal go by quicker? I bought my ex-fiance his off duty weapon when he graduated from the police academy. They aren't that expensive. Wouldn't it be about the same price compared to buying a pizza, 12 pack of beer, gas to get to Daytona (or it's surrounding vicinity), plus factor in the cost of the low budget motel room he rented. ..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about the gun.

ITA - every suicide attempt should be taken seriously. These are cries for help. And I agree with everything else you said, too.

I so agree. I've called LE in another state and another country when people have threatened or mentioned that they have contemplated it online. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It should always be taken seriously.

When all is said and done, the truth is, I can't even imagine emotionally dealing with all that has this family has had to endure. I don't even know how I could come to terms with my baby girl murdering her own child, one whom I had pretty much raised as my own. I can't even pretend to know what they all must be going through. As frustrated as I have been with the Anthony's for various reasons, I can't help but feel compassion for them and be thankful that my family is relatively normal and healthy.

I agree with your post.

Also, IF I were GA, I do believe the stress would have pulled me under long before now. I cannot even imagine having to deal with any of this !

I hope he gets through this. We all need to say a prayer for GA.

I'm very skeptical. I believe that either

a) George had a mental breakdown, and basically went a little crazy with no intent of killing himself.

or

b) the whole thing was a ridiculous set up.

I know the latter sounds harsh, and I am kind of disgusted by my own callous words, but I have been so disappointed by this family I just think bad things sometimes.

reeseeva, excellent post.

George Anthony is a man who has made mistakes yes, but he is so lost that my heart truly breaks for this man.

IMO, George can't find a way to extricate himself from the life he has built. Most of us would say, "He can walk away at anytime" which is true, but in his mind, this is just not something he feels he can possibly do.

When somebody has been put in the role as peacekeeper (which I think George has been most of the time with CA and KC) your mind becomes warped and you can't see the forest for the trees as they say.

The thought of leaving Cindy, somebody who has controlled everything, probably makes him lose his breath just thinking about it.

Now, add to this fact that he knows Casey killed Caylee and his whole body must feel like he is being crushed by a slow moving vise

Yes, suicide is selfish but in some people's frame of mind it is the only way to make things work, the only way he can handle the choices he would be forced to make.

How can he go against Cindy, this woman who has enveloped his life wholly and completely, who controls everything, and say his daughter is guilty of killing the love of his life? Caylee.

The fact that he sent out messages and allowed himself to be found without actually harming himself seems to me his only way of telling the truth and at the same time making Cindy have sympathy for him and not be mad at him.

It is a manipulation but a manipulation by a man who wants to do the right thing but for most of his adult life he has not been allowed to.

Just my opinion of course.

You just get a sense from people, watching them, who has heart & who feigns it!

I feel the same about Everything you said! And let's not forget, it was him that filed for divorce back in 2005......he was on the right path then, to finding himself, I believe.

For those saying he can make his own choices, my feeling is, walk a mile in his shoes & live with CA before you judge!

This is just the way I see it; I have truly felt the most sympathy for George, from the start, & regardless of what anyone thinks, he is a good & decent man.

IMHO as always!

I am speculating, I have nothing to support what I am about to say but I believe that George is suffering from depression. Acute depression. I do not believe that this was some scheme to manipulate the situation.

George has lost everything. He lost Caylee, he was her Jo-Jo. She was probably the light of his life. I do not for one minute doubt that his love for her was absolute.

George, more than likely, was thinking of suicide. Can we imagine what it must be like to wake up every morning to not only the reality that your precious granddaughter has been murdered, but that she was murdered by your own daughter? What amount of guilt can he hold within his heart? I think that if he lives through this to die of a natural death in old age that there will never be a day that he doesn't pause and think to himself "My Caylee".

If he wants to still love his daughter KC, I see no problem with it. She is still his child. I can't expect him to live according to my values and morals. I can only pray that I am not faced with a situation such as this, because I know myself well enough to know that I would not handle it with grace and probably not even dignity.

George is 57 yrs old by media reports. He has come to the time in his life when he can see the edges of the canvas of life clearly. All has been for naught. His hopes for the future and his dreams have been dashed never to be resurrected. Time has run out.

So yes I am thinking of him today, and I am glad he didn't complete his suicide attempt. I hope he never proves to me how sorrowful and the measure of regret he has by ending his life so that he can go make sure that His Caylee is in the arms of God.

Everything I typed above is just my opinion, I understand may hold one that differs. I just wanted to share.

Very well said.:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member