George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one thing, if this was any other man the family would have had to wait the full 24 hours to even report him missing. This is just
another indication of different rules for different people.

The 24 hour rule is dismissed when there is direct evidence that the person may be a danger to themselves or others. In this case, there was obviously more than the normal amount of background to indicate that there was some danger imminent. While sometimes there may be a dangerous situation that LE and others aren't aware of at the time, it in not an intentional act to treat people differently, just that there are sometimes no previous indications that a person might hurt themselves. The rule is intended to allow adults the freedom and privacy to be absent by choice.

Um no it wasn't play by play - he came on to tell us George was found safely and then told us he could not tell us anymore. I think you are really confused.

No, I'm not confused. Friday came on and said that George needed to be rescucitated (not true btw). Friday also posted that George texted two people and neither was Cindy. My point is that the post contradicts the actions (or words) from earlier. I agree with Friday's most recent post but it DOES contradict what was posted earlier.

Per the Orlando Sentinel: "On Wednesday Cindy had asked George to pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral, which seemed to upset him more, reports show."

Sooo - new jewelry for Cindy for the funeral? Humm- guess Cindy has money now - where from? profiting off of Caylee.

I would have lost it too if I was asked to used my grandaughters blood money to pick out new jewelry for her grandma to wear to her funeral!!

Poor George - he is controled by his wife and Casey - my prayers are with him and I hope he gets the help he needs. He also needs to move as far away as possible from Cindy and surround himself with a good people who will support and help him through this.

This is so sad. George is another victim of Casey. I'm glad he was found before he could carry out his plans.

SewingDeb I am not saying this to you I am just using your quote!

George is a victim because of Casey and I totally agree with that....
however... he is also a victim of all the bashing from those who
choose to take out their frustrations with Casey against him and his
family!
This man has lost the most important thing in his life and I"m sure
if he could do things different he would in a heart beat!

Maybe it's time to cut them some slack... at least until the trial.
I would hate to feel like something I said just may have pushed him
or anyone else to try to end their life!

After reading about the red heart... and now George.... I am SOOO
tempted to write Casey a letter!:mad:

They deleted the types of meds he took with him. Wasn't that CA in the background?

Yes they did, for health care privacy issues.

Yes, that was CA in the background giving info to BC.

When all is said and done, the truth is, I can't even imagine emotionally dealing with all that has this family has had to endure. I don't even know how I could come to terms with my baby girl murdering her own child, one whom I had pretty much raised as my own. I can't even pretend to know what they all must be going through. As frustrated as I have been with the Anthony's for various reasons, I can't help but feel compassion for them and be thankful that my family is relatively normal and healthy.

I agree. I feel terrible for them.

However...

I find it hard to believe that a person who steadfastly believes in his daughter's innocence would not want to stick around and help their child fight the charges to the end.

Regardless of what is in the suicide note, GA knows what his daughter has done.

It's pretty sad that if the suicide note had been his last communication on Earth that he was still sticking to the CA-imposed Anthony Family Rule: Lie, Lie, Lie.

I agree with you completely Friday. :blowkiss:

I feel awful for George. Hearing what his wife's family thought about him - wrote in private emails I'm sure they never thought he'd see - was more than enough to emasculate even the strongest man. And then knowing the whole world knows...? I couldn't imagine going through even that tiny little bit of this awful ordeal.

I like investigation and am as nosy as the next person - but its really unfortunate for this particular family that they, but not thousands of others connected to a prosecution, have all of their information broadcast to the public. Its almost bad luck that this case - and not any of thousands of other murder cases - were picked up by the media. And its equally sad that it came out of what I still believe was GA/CAs honest hope that the media could help them find their then-missing granddaughter. Casey caused all of this pain, and I am hopeful she is duly punished for it.

But I don't agree with a lot of the criticism of George. Sure its natural for the media to pass opinions, based on what's out there. But we (rightfully) don't look down on battered women who stay with their spouses for the sake of their families; I feel bad now that I also jumped on the media train looking down on GA for his mistakes and his staying with his family. These were all private decisions - Its a travesty that he has lived it all in the public eye. I hope he gets all of the help he needs. :(

I am suspicious and quite cynical towards these people.

I see this as the continuing pattern - doc dump and then one or more of the A's do some outlandish thing to divert attention away from the evidence presented .

A press conference ?????????? Are you kiddng me ....
Who would be speaking to media under these circumstances ?
Wouldnt the care and condition of your spouse consume your attention ?
The press conference to once again to push the KC is innocent defense ?

WHY ARENT THEY INSISTING CAYLEE BE LAID TO REST ??????????????

Act 3 of the circus - cue the music .........................

I think your post is in keeping with the fact that this is truly a tragedy, all the way around--you expressed it most eloquently, as much as it can be a thoughtful piece of writing.
ITA....My heart breaks for George right now. I cannot fathom being thrust into a situation like this. I can sit here and say how I believe I would act under similar circumstances, but if I take a step back and truly think about it.....I'm not so sure that I would be able to keep it together in any way shape or form. I would probably be a raging lunatic.
I think George was searching for an outlet. He probably did need time and space to think. There is no escape for him.....he is living an ABSOLUTE nightmare.
KC Anthony is truly a disgusting piece of work!!

In my experience, the only way he would have gone by police car and not ambulance was if there proof that he didn't take any pills. If he is acting appropriately and is alert to person, place and time you could contact medical control and get permission for him to be taken by LE instead of an ambulance.

I've run on thousands, if not ten's of thousands, of suicides/suicide attempts/suicidal ideations. Previous posters are right. Those who are serious about committing suicide usually do. They don't make last minute calls. They don't leave notes where they know they'll be found. They don't "reach out" to anyone. We usually find them dead.

While not to diminish GA's stress or grief or problems, this is ASB (Attention Seeking Behavior). George wants help, George is going to get help. Whether George is helped by the help is entirely up to George. Like I posted earlier this morning when this all was breaking. I have compassion for George. I feel for him for the horrendous situation that he is in. I cannot, however, turn a blind eye to what the Anthony's have done and said in the last 6 months. They still need to be held accountable for their words and actions. They chose the path they are walking after July 15th. The Anthony's, especially KC, are the ones to blame for the current family situation, not the media or internet forum participants. They had the power to chose which way this was all going to go. It's possible to continue to love their daughter but still seek the truth and demand justice for their granddaughter. They chose to spin a web of lies and mis-truths instead. I never expected them to stop loving KC but they should have been more worried about getting the truth from her, whatever it takes, instead of preserving the "family image".

Like I said early this morning. I pray that George heals his heart and his head. No one deserves to be another victim of KC. She has already claimed one life and changed countless others. The Anthony's need to stand up, tell the truth, seek justice for Caylee and stop being a pawn of their manipulative, sociopathic daughter.

Thanks for reading.

Well stated.

Once again, many things are being put out by the media and assumed on here and other places to be "facts". The first being that he actually made ANY attempt at suicide. He obviously did NOT need any on-site medical rescue. So.... the initial report given here on WS regarding that was WRONG. I am also fairly certain that any responsible LE person who has actually seen a note would not be giving out its contents to the media.

If GA's physical well being had been compromised in any way whatsoever, paramedics would have been called to the scene. GA would then be transported to a hospital by ambulance. This tells me he did not actually attempt suicide. IMO

The incident report states, "She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed." I don't understand, but I am just clarifying.

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

Friday-- thank you for posting this. I agree with you. As much as I am transfixed by every new detail in every new document dump, I must agree that the Sunshine Law needs to be re-thought.

I am a US citizen living in Canada, and the Canadian laws regarding the release of this kind of information are quite different than the Florida Laws. The Canadian Press is not allowed to print this kind of personal information about an active investigation. It can be frustrating to those of us who want details, but does cut back on all the sensationalism. Sure, some facts do get through to the press-- but nothing like what's going on in this case.

I agree that it must be really painful for George to have all these little details made public. I bet that there isn't a perfect human among us here at Websleuths-- I know I have lots in my past to be ashamed of. I don't know what George's story really is, but I send him my prayers.

Per the Orlando Sentinel: "On Wednesday Cindy had asked George to pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral, which seemed to upset him more, reports show."

Sooo - new jewelry for Cindy for the funeral? Humm- guess Cindy has money now - where from?

Snipped. The article said for CAYLEE. I thought that was sweet, little girls deserve pretty things, and even if she cannot wear it I think its a sweet gesture to bury her with it. God will see it :)

Man I'm getting emotional again, I should go back on my self-imposed time out from this case.

I also feel like prehaps i should come out of "lurkdom" and share this also...
I lost my precious son at age 4 months, extremely suddenly. I know it was about 2 months later when I strongly desired to commit suicide. For me, it was not the overwhelming sadness and despair that drove that decision, it was the overwhelming desire to be "with" my son again. Perhaps this is GA's thinking? No one but GA can be certain why he chose this path, all I can say is that it is a valid reaction to losing someone you love and treasure. I know firsthand the horror that family is living, so I have never judged their actions in the past. I have my beliefs about who is or is not involved, but I feel completley and totally sure that they are all suffering this loss. I know all about misplaced guilt also, I had nothing to do with my son's death, yet I was plagued with guilt. I felt so certain that I must have done something, or not done something because babies don't just die for no reason. It was a completely irrational thought process, and it was simply because I am his mama, and it is my life's work to protect my child from harm. I felt surely that I had failed. Perhaps this is what is driving GA? just a theory or two...

When this case first became public many months ago I wrote in a post I thought GA was weak, if this was a suicide attempt, then I was right, he is weak, but if he wanted to end his life why send texts messages? I can understand wanting to get away, wanting to be by yourself, but again why send out texts messagees. Why not just jump in your car, take with you what ever you take to just chill and send no text messages.

pick out jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.

so the jewelry was not for CA.

i can see how this would upset anyone, really.

In my experience, the only way he would have gone by police car and not ambulance was if there proof that he didn't take any pills. If he is acting appropriately and is alert to person, place and time you could contact medical control and get permission for him to be taken by LE instead of an ambulance.

I've run on thousands, if not ten's of thousands, of suicides/suicide attempts/suicidal ideations. Previous posters are right. Those who are serious about committing suicide usually do. They don't make last minute calls. They don't leave notes where they know they'll be found. They don't "reach out" to anyone. We usually find them dead.
While not to diminish GA's stress or grief or problems, this is ASB (Attention Seeking Behavior). George wants help, George is going to get help. Whether George is helped by the help is entirely up to George. Like I posted earlier this morning when this all was breaking. I have compassion for George. I feel for him for the horrendous situation that he is in. I cannot, however, turn a blind eye to what the Anthony's have done and said in the last 6 months. They still need to be held accountable for their words and actions. They chose the path they are walking after July 15th. The Anthony's, especially KC, are the ones to blame for the current family situation, not the media or internet forum participants. They had the power to chose which way this was all going to go. It's possible to continue to love their daughter but still seek the truth and demand justice for their granddaughter. They chose to spin a web of lies and mis-truths instead. I never expected them to stop loving KC but they should have been more worried about getting the truth from her, whatever it takes, instead of preserving the "family image".

Like I said early this morning. I pray that George heals his heart and his head. No one deserves to be another victim of KC. She has already claimed one life and changed countless others. The Anthony's need to stand up, tell the truth, seek justice for Caylee and stop being a pawn of their manipulative, sociopathic daughter.

Thanks for reading.

I havent read this whole thread because it is long, so this may have already been said by others. But ITA with the above. When my brother-in-law took his life there were no text messages or notes or letters. He just put a gun in his mouth. We thought he was doing really well. People who are serious about harming themselves don't give you a chance to stop them. Just my opinion.

Looks like Casey had an interview witht is guy On Jan 20th.... I am disgusted!

Juan Pablo M
Posted February 21st, 2008
Juan Pablo M has worked as a Director/Producer, Creative Director, Advertising and Public relations director and as manager of his various projects. International experience in multimedia production and award winning creative marketing campaigns for Mobil, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Peugeot, Ford, and more.

Joining Full Sail in 2007 as Associate Course Director for Typography and Page Layout he brought an interactive way to work with students and a dynamic structure of lecture. knowledge in all aspects of production including television, advertising, syndication and communication with diverse experience in the creative, technical, and administrative aspects of Multimedia production.
Strengths include excellent communication skills, creative thinking with the ability to direct both the content and presentation of a program. Experience includes television, radio, print and web production, as well as a valuable mix of major-market creative leadership and independent production.

hmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member