George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should you be around to read this just let me say that this statement is patently false and extremely insulting to the hundreds of comments by compassionate posters expressing support for George and the Anthony family.

Aufwiedersehen.

What they said. :thumb:

The more I hear, the more I think ..

D R A M A R A M A ..

~yawn~

I have to agree. Knowing how Up To Speed on Cell Phone Pings that George is and what half-hearted attempt would do to media conversations......I am having a really hard time taking this as it has been presented so far.

I'm embarrassed too, and shocked at the attitudes against someone who is obviously in so much pain, brought on by what his daughter did. I am taken aback today and really thought I knew WS more than this...

Arguing over was it or was it not a suicide attempt? Really?

TY gibby. I felt I was not alone. We are sheep......

Like the people who are killing themselves because they have lost their fortunes that they made off of other peoples' backs?

Lots of bleeding hearts around here. I try hard to live by the school of personal responsibility, free will, and my responsibility to uplift others (even if I don't feel like it). I've been depressed but, gratefully, never to the point of utter despair. I'm sorry for those who have. In fact, I've been put in the position of having to fight for my life. The people I know that have been affected by those close to them taking their own lives, spend the rest of their lives sorting through their guilt and blaming themselves for it. It should not be.

My coworker tried to repair himself but, in his own eyes, failed. Noone suspected a thing. Sad. He gave me a locket two weeks before. I said, "Wow, what's this for?" He said, "Because you are beautiful." I said, "Gee, double thanks." Then he offed himself two weeks later. He left behind a wife and almost grown children. They suffer forever. I feel endless compassion for them.

This was eons ago, he was 25 years my senior. Like a father figure. To this very day, it breaks my heart when I think of his family.

This is why I claim it to be a selfish act. Stay here and suffer with the rest of us.

Well then please place me at the head of the line of "bleeding hearts" who have sympathy, empathy and more importantly, understanding of someone who attempts suicide. Thankfully, you have never been "to the point of utter despair." Maybe then you would understand the depths of despair which some find themselves in order to attempt such an act in the first place.

It is heartbreaking for me personally to see what some have written on this thread with regard to the entire Anthony family. Until you live their lives and walk in their shoes, there is no way in he** you could possibly know what they must endure every single day.

Fgs, their own flesh and blood allegedly killed her daughter - their granddaughter! Can you really say what you would do in a similar situation if it were your child? I can't. I have a daughter and I honestly cannot say what I would do or how I would act if she were accused of killing my granddaughter. I love my daughter more than life itself, and to think that she would/could do something like this simply scrambles my brain. Would I lie for her? I just don't know.

Yes, the Anthonys have done some things that I certainly do not agree with, but then again, their lives are under a microscope and they have lost a granddaughter and their daughter is accused of the crime. Everything they do and have done is up for judgment and speculation. The stress of what they are going through must be monumental. Can you really say that, under the circumstances, you would be free of blame? I think not.

I pray that they can muster the strength to face this situation with courage, determination and wisdom. They are surely going to need it in the months and years ahead, as well as plenty of therapy. JMO.

Should you be around to read this just let me say that this statement is patently false and extremely insulting to the hundreds of comments by compassionate posters expressing support for George and the Anthony family.

Auf Wiedersehen.

Thank you! :clap:

apparently, george didn't show up for the interview

Can you imagine the tension in getting ready for that interview? Any job interview causes stress. What if you don't measure up, what if they ask you something and you don't know? If you aren't working there is additional stress, then you have to go through the whole thing about why you aren't working and you really need the job. And you have been seen on national TV multiple times. Searching for your granddaughter, trying to defend your daughter. You know it is probably going to come up in the interview, will you break down, what will they ask, how will you explain it?

This had to have been one of the hardest interviews in the world.

I agree and hope this is the beginning of the end..........an end of trying to evade the reality. If George was to come to terms with what's happened and come to the decision that he needs to tell the truth, and fully cooperate with LE, that, along with ongoing therapy, would be a big step forward.

I hope the entire family goes this route. It would be a start and they have to start somewhere. I feel GA and Ca have done alot of wrong things for the wrong reasons. Some illegal and some not. In the process they have alienated so many people. Shirley and Rick come to mind. If I could do anything for the A's it would be to turn back the clock to July 15th and save them from their actions from the moment the car was picked up. I said way back then, that KC ruined whatever life she left them with and they needed to try to save what little they had left. KC is not worth throwing away their life for.

oh wow. that incident report really got to me. :(

george was headed to a job interview that morning. i just picture him buttoning up his dress shirt, nervously checking himself in the mirror one last time, etc., before heading out the door.... trying so very hard to 'get on with life,' even though he knows that will never truly be possible. little details like that, little things that remind us he is human just break my heart.

despite everything, everything that has happened over the last six months, despite all the mistakes george has made, he is still a poor, grieving man trying to make sense of this all, trying to restore order to life, heading to a job interview while the rest of the world is reading these horrific details from the latest doc dump. my heart truly goes out to him. whether there was some degree of attention-getting involved, or anything else, this was such a cry for help... and so very, very sad.

Why do you think he went to a job interview? Because Cindy said so? Is there any proof of this other than her claim?

Just read the incident report and it states that George did text Cindy about not wanting to live anymore, (some had posted he texted two people, Cindy not being one of them)so that clears that rumor up.

Well then please place me at the head of the line of "bleeding hearts" who have sympathy, empathy and more importantly, understanding of someone who attempts suicide. Thankfully, you have never been "to the point of utter despair." Maybe then you would understand the depths of despair which some find themselves in order to attempt such an act in the first place.

It is heartbreaking for me personally to see what some have written on this thread with regard to the entire Anthony family. Until you live their lives and walk in their shoes, there is no way in he** you could possibly know what they must endure every single day.

Fgs, their own flesh and blood allegedly killed her daughter - their granddaughter! Can you really say what you would do in a similar situation if it were your child? I can't. I have a daughter and I honestly cannot say what I would do or how I would act if she were accused of killing my granddaughter. I love my daughter more than life itself, and to think that she would/could do something like this simply scrambles my brain. Would I lie for her? I just don't know.

Yes, the Anthonys have done some things that I certainly do not agree with, but then again, their lives are under a microscope and they have lost a granddaughter and their daughter is accused of the crime. Everything they do and have done is up for judgment and speculation. The stress of what they are going through must be monumental. Can you really say that, under the circumstances, you would be free of blame? I think not.

I pray that they can muster the strength to face this situation with courage, determination and wisdom. They are surely going to need it in the months and years ahead, as well as plenty of therapy. JMO.

:clap::clap: Thank you! I'll join your "bleeding hearts" club.

However, I will still insult KC, just a word of warning...

I know what you're saying Leila but how can anyone really come to terms with something like this?

It's an unimaginable situation to be in.

It is truly an unimaginable situation, and one none of us would ever want to experience.

As difficult as it is, the truth must be confronted and dealt with. Pretending that the situation is something different than what it is may help George cope for a while, but eventually he has to deal with the harsh reality of what's happened.

Neither George or Cindy will be able to get through the trial if they don't confront reality and learn some coping skills now.

But in the end everybody thinks (or knows) what is happening inside the heads of GA and CA.

Sorry but you have no clue. Nobody could. Not Shrinks, Cops, etc....

Loved by John A? Isn't he one of the police investigating this case? Is he public about this love, or are you breaking the news? I find that weird when it was so obvious LE were so frustrated with their lack of co-operation re a missing baby and refuse to co-operate with LE further unless given immunity????

IMO, LE has bent over backwards for the A's, even in light of the obvious digs and distractions the A's were throwing at them. In fact, LE is so accomodating it raises my blood pressure. Yuri and Allen and Savidge(sp?) are so gentle with them given the bs fed to them. It appears, to me anyways, that LE and the SA is trying to avoid dragging the GP's down if they can avoid it. Unfortunately some things can't be avoided, and we'll soon find out if that is true.

I think those of us who were on last night/ I guess it was this morning were happy to hear a status report from you, and the fact that it was coming via Tim M was reassuring. Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

ITA...thank you.

*respectfully snipped

I was not always a bleeding heart by any means, until I went through a terrible depression with someone who wanted to commit suicide, and no, it was not over money.

My point is that not all suicides are due to biological despair. Sometimes people slowly dig their own holes. Then they are in despair but they got there by themselves.

I'm sorry I entered this discussion because now I feel sad and confused over the whole situation.

There is so much pain and everyone is talking about George rather than Caylee and what happened to her.

Putting myself in timeout for the evening. Peace to all.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree about George not being a victim in the family dynamic. I feel for him that Casey has done what she has done. And I like everyone else am jaded by my own personal life experiences but George is an adult, on his second marriage (ie not 18 and being kicked in the gut by an inability to weigh his adult decisions).

He chose Cindy and she chose him for a reason. They fit each others dysfunction. And if he truly is the more emotionally healthy of the two parents than in my opinion he has more of a duty to intervene YEARS ago in the dysfunction that defines this family. Not facilitate it, not be part of it, not rage about it and accomplish nothing. That is just a temper tantrum.

Everyone here is completely on the why didn't Cindy do something sooner, why didn't she take Caylee, why didn't she shake some sense into Casey when she was younger. What about George? Why didn't George take custody of Casey and Lee? Why didn't he protect them from her if she had no boundaries and was raising them to be liars and much worse? Where was George when virgin-mother-Casey was 7 plus months pregnant, apparantly getting no prenatal care and his wife had her head in the sand?

Where was the man of the family when Cindy said that is the pizza we smell in the trunk? Where was the man of the family that says "no honey, it is not the pizza, something is horribly wrong here. We need help, we need to find Caylee, we need to see that she is okay, and clearly our daughter has gotten herself into something really horrible". Nope, that is not his role in this family. He jumps right into the fray and encourages Cindy, yes honey it is the pizza. Path of least resistance.

My personal opinion is that kids raised in families like this are victims, and the ones that can pull it together need a few years of adulthood to get themselves straightened out. But I am very leary of the man of the family who is seen as a loving soul tortured and tolerating of his wife. BS. Just like a woman who stands by and lets her husband abuse and degrade the kids they are equally if not more responsible for not doing anything. They shouldn't be sainted. Rant over.

Excellent post. Very well stated and ITA. :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for saying exactly what I've sat on my hands and bit my tongue to keep from coming out of Lurk Land to post. But now that it's out there...

Respectfully, I say to everyone on this board that has never contemplated or attempted suicide: Until you are in so much pain and feel so hopeless that you cannot eat or drink, that you cannot sleep when you're supposed to and function when you're supposed to...Until there is nothing in the world that brings you any happiness or consolation...Until every waking moment is consumed by thoughts of how much better the world and everyone in it will be with you gone...Until there is not one thing in the world that makes you want to drag yourself out of the bed you've been living in...you just don't know how attractive the option of suicide is.

Please understand that I very much appreciate the opinions and experience that the medical and psychiatric members of this board have shared, but I don't think there's a wrong or right way to commit suicide. Note or no note. Phone calls or no phone calls. If someone has reached the point where they attempt (or threaten to attempt) they will do it in their own personal way. For it is a very personal choice.

Even though I was raised Catholic and knew it was a mortal sin, I could not have cared one iota less when I decided that was my best option. And yes, I made a phone call left on someone's voicemail, not because I wanted someone to find me, but because I wanted someone to look after my dog when I was gone.

Am I glad now my attempt failed (because apparently Ativan and tequilla won't kill someone of such hearty German stock), absolutely. Is my life better now because I got amazing support and medical help? Again, absolutely. Can I sit here and say whether or not George was "really trying"? Absolutely not. Only he knows his intent.

I wouldn't wish that sort of pain and anguish on anyone, regardless of how I feel about them and what they may or may not have done. I hope George finds the help he needs.

Back to lurking now.

Suicide, attempted suicide and threats of suicide are all symptoms of depression. And I agree with that a person who commits, attempts or threatens suicide just wants the pain to stop.

Can you imagine a life so depressed and painful that you would rather not wake up than to hurt like that? And the fact that there is no physical pain just makes it worse, makes you feel lousier, makes it harder to see that there is any other way out. If your leg hurts, you expect that the doctor will fix it. But when the pain is a psychic pain, it is harder to see that it will ever get better.

What causes the pain is usually a mixture of emotions. Depression is the primary, often there is also a supporting emotion. Frustration, stress, guilt, worry and/or grief will sometimes be mixed up in it also.

Been there, done that.

(Bold by me)
I have refrained from posting on this thread .... maybe the subject matter is a little too close to home for me. With that said I just wanted to say that whatever your personal feelings are concerning suicide, or the Anthony's, homicide is homocide and by definition is at the very least, considered an unexpected death ... self inflicted or otherwise.

I am a survivor of a loved ones suicide, shortly after his passing, I too allowed myself to wallow in guilt and what ifs. That is the life of someone who has lost a loved one this way. Some simply have better coping skills than others. I admitted myself when it all became too much for me. I didn't want to *die* I just didn't have the will to live ... at that paticular time.

It is often said that the pain it took to stay was/is greater than the pain it took to go ... or that a survivor lives a 1000 deaths in the wake of loosing a loved one to suicide. Either way ... it's a lot for anyone to cope with, more than you can imagine. The questions never really end ... you just find a way to live in today.

Today ... well, maybe it's news, but it is still very sad, and I for one am grateful to have such a place as this to honor Caylee, and my loved ones lost ... sometimes it is hard to seperate the two.

ramble over ...

Sadyjade thank you for having the courage to post this. When I read your words (bolded) you could just as easily have been speaking for me, I've been there, a long time ago now and yet like yesterday when I read your words. Thank you for sharing your incredible insight and I'm so glad that you made it!

I agree and hope this is the beginning of the end..........an end of trying to evade the reality. If George was to come to terms with what's happened and come to the decision that he needs to tell the truth, and fully cooperate with LE, that, along with ongoing therapy, would be a big step forward.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member