George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always had sympathy for the Anthonys, and I am not very surprised at this at all, although I would have thought Cindy would be the one to break first. My heart goes out to him, and to Cindy and Lee... it has to be terrible for them to know he wanted to end his life.
I've seen some wondering how Casey will react to this news. Who cares? Maybe it will shock her enough that she will finally admit to what she's done and end this nightmare once and for all. I believe the trial will be so hard on them, they've already endured so much.

I'm not surprised at all it was it GA to break first. IMO, KC and CA can keep a secret til death. JMO

how shocking...and how sad for George. He seems to let the women in his life control everything he does, and i can imagine he was used mercilessly by them. My dad was never really involved with "us girls" growing up. He loved us whole heartedly, but when it came to girl stuff, he was honestly just clueless. That's how i see George, blinded by his unconditional love to these evil, manipulating women. If he had any involvement, i dont think he knew what was really going on, because, of course, his daughter isnt capable of doing something so terrible...until...a heart shaped sticker. As sickened as we all were by that fact, the mental pictures, imagine the realization that your little baby granddaughter was decorated after being murdered. It's truly a disgusting picture to put such a familiar face to. i think that i'd want to die too.

Those stickers might have a lot more significance inside that family than we know and that might be the reason GA was pushed over the edge. JMO

If GA spills his guts to a psychiatrist, the doc can't tell LE what was disclosed due to dr/patient privlege right?

I believe that anything said to a psychiatrist is confidential but the note he left is usable by the prosecution. I'm also pretty sure the letter will be published in full eventually.

I'm coming out of lurkerdom (if that's a word) to post in this sad thread.

Do I hope GA gets some mental help? yes
Do I feel sorry for GA? eh, not so much.

I do feel bad that he has lost a granddaughter due to the product he helped raise. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for suicide "attempts".

Before I get flamed let me add that my daddy committed suicide on May 11, 1999...3 days after his 41st birthday.

If someone wants to commit suicide they do it. They don't call and text people to let them know that's what they are doing.

I do feel bad that KC has led this family down this path. But GA is an adult and he has made some less than stellar choices lately. It's time for him to own up to them. No matter what happens to the rest of the family.

By the way, my name is Carmen and I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my first post.

I'm not offended. I get you, having someone in my life who committed suicide as well. The first reaction I get is always anger in these situations and I try not to. I think it's the grief reaction sooo powerful it just moves into anger. That said, you are right... it was a call for help. And I'm personally glad he did it. He needs outta that house and with friends right now.

Welcome Carmen!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28811667/

Police also found a "five to six page suicide letter," he had written, a police spokesman told NBC News. Anthony had not tried to harm himself, the spokesman said.

Interesting as the Today Show NBC reporter indicated "Unfinished Suicide Note" and the MSNBC article state 5 to 6 pages. When you click on the video in the http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28811667 the reporter says "Unfinished Suicide Note", which is the same video I posted this morning.

Hopefully there will be a link found regarding what the police actually stated as the two reports are puzzling for sure!

I first read this earlier this morning, and was tempted to write then. But I remembered that my brother once told me a long time ago that every thought that crosses my mind doesn't really need to come out. Since this morning I have been working on projests and thinking about this, with many different thoughts and feelings within me. I am glad I choose to take my brothers very wise advice for once, because I would have been posting many conflicting thoughts, I would have seemed even weirder than I really am. The one thought and feeling that remains consistant is simply sadness. Without any prejudice, any personal opinion, the basic feeling I am overcome with if incredible sadness.
Now I will go hide again.

I totally agree--so glad I haven't posted what's really going through my mind on this one.

IMO, this wasn't a real suicide attempt. It was a call for help. If it were a real suicide attempt he'd be dead now. He had plenty of time to kill himself before the police found him.

Here's a link to a CNN story on this.

I think there's been a lot weighing on his mind for 7 months or so. I think he's known a lot about the real story for a few months at least. That has got to be a big burden to bear. Should he be honest with LE and ease his mind or do whatever he can to save his daughter who he probably knows killed his granddaughter. That has got to be a very difficult problem to rectify.

Hopefully he'll get the help to stabilize his mind. IMO, it's a no win situation for him. Send his daughter to jail for the rest of her life, or maybe even the DP, or keep hiding the awful truth he's been forced to bear. Facing the loss of both his granddaughter and his daughter has to weigh heavy on anyone's mind.

We all know that George has been suicidally depressed since last summer. YOU have NO WAY of knowing if this was a true attempt or not. For one thing, many people commit suicide by wrecking their cars. In a beach area, many people commit suicide by swimming out into the ocean until they are completely exhausted and there is no possibility of swimming back to shore. Some people take tourist boats and jump from the boat or ship into the water. You don't have to have a weapon or drugs to kill yourself. People who are about to kill themselves often make a last contact with friends or family.

Thank God that the police jumped in to help the Anthony family in this situation before George was able to do anything to himself and that George is now in a place where he can begin to get the help that he needs.

I am truly sorry for this man. He has been through more than anyone should ever have to cope with.

Oh my I just signed in & what a wake up !!:eek:
I do not know if this idea has been posted yet but here goes...
Do you think it is possible that Cindy started in on G and basicaly told him it was his duty to take the blame, so KC would not fry he should do it for his daughter blah blah blah... and it got to be too much...

Absolutely NOT! What a theory!

One one hand I'm so unbelievable sorry for this family and today especially for GA and all that he's had to shoulder in these last 7 months or so.

Then on the other hand when I first read it on the internet this morning, I reacted with, "Missing, who leaves unless they are trying to get away from something, or hide something?" (Insert White Bronco on Cali. Interstata circa 1994 image in my head).

I guess there are a few things we can HOPE to come out of this tragedy:

1) That whatever compelled GA to take such a drastic direction brings the final truth out of this family

2) That their hearts can mend together and what's left of this broken family can be peiced together after all is said and done. Afterall, no matter how you view them, they really need each other. (I'm leaving KC out of this of course, I don't see her with anything resembling a heart, less one that needed any mending).

3) Caylee's demise teaches everyone a little something about love, life and beyond.

I still don't know how to feel about this though... this situation has brought out so many emotions. Not only has this been one heck of a roller coaster, but several times, I thought I'd lose my lunch and I know that it's not even close to the end.

Bless that little girl... She really was the sunshine, wasn't she????

yeah his beautiful granddaugther was murdered and thrown away like garbage by his daughter
I am pretty sure having to deal with that is more upsetting than what people may write on the internet

JMCDAD - that's certainly what any normal person would be upset about and trying to cope with.

Have to say to all the other WSers who think that he's upset about what's been said about him on the internet that IF they are right (and for the record, I don't think that they are), then George's heart isn't in the right place anyway. Who the heck gets hot under the collar about what total strangers are saying when one's daughter has been arrested for murdering one's beloved granddaughter? Sheesh!

I am going to say this and then be done. Yes we have questioned George's actions. We have questioned many peoples actions in this case. That's kinda what you do with crimes....you question in order to solve them. What I see here is real care and concern for George today. Page after page of it.

I know this may come accross wrong. I do feel bad for the man. But how do you commit suicide without weapons or drugs??

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=17&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

No drugs or weapons were found inside his room, but police say there was a note that indicated suicidal thoughts.

I surely hope this isn't a way to keep himself off the stand. Is there such a thing of incomptent to testify?
Thank you! I have been wondering if this whole episode could be bogus or blown out of proportion by zealous media.
No weapons, no drugs. He took his blood pressure meds with him. Who worries about their blood pressure if they are going to end it all anyway?
He had Onstar. Surely he knew he has Onstar.
It just doesn't make sense to me...

God bless & keep you George - I can not IMAGINE walking a mile in your shoes.

Please, please stay with us...

Caylee needs you now more than ever to bring her justice.

While I would never wish death upon GA, I am reserving judgement until after we get more facts. What was in the unfinished note. Was he found to have taken drugs to commit suicide? Was this an attempt to remain off the witness stand. Was their guilt involved ie - basement discussions re:LA AND GA and Caylee? The doc drop may have had something to do w/this in more ways than one. Get better GA and tell what you know. No more cleaning out decomp from cars.

If someone wants to commit suicide they do it. They don't call and text people to let them know that's what they are doing.

Carmen: I am sorry for that loss you have experienced. Nobody can understand the pain that suicide leaves behind. That being said...to my knowledge there have been no reports of what exactly the text messages said. It was reported by LE that he was despondent and family may have mentioned at some point that he was feeling that way. It is entirely possible that when he was receiving text messages and messages from his family that he responded in a way that made them worry that he may actually do it. We haven't seen the texts or alleged letter that is being reported. I just broke my rule of not commenting on any other family members (that I made this morning) but wanted to say that we don't know what he said or didn't say to the family before he was found.

BTW....Welcome. I am new as well.

Might have had a marginal impact, although I doubt it.

And I am very surprised that you misunderstand what significant and real pressures George has had upon his shoulders that might have caused this degree of depression. I was under the impression that at very least, your previous posts implied that you understood how legalities have had some measure of effect on circumstances.

I well understand the effect words can have on a person's psyche.

A week after Dr. Sheppard was wrongfully convicted, his Mother shot and killed herself.

The family reported that leading up to the trial, she had been horribly depressed from reading and hearing all the terrible things said about Sam. However, the viciousness of the reporting got even worse after he was convicted.

So......

(lesson in life....words matter)

Thank you! I have been wondering if this whole episode could be bogus or blown out of proportion by zealous media.
No weapons, no drugs. He took his blood pressure meds with him. Who worries about their blood pressure if they are going to end it all anyway?
He had Onstar. Surely he knew he has Onstar.
It just doesn't make sense to me...

Good points all!! I love the siggy line BTW

ITA. I find it bizaare that some people are blaming the posters at WS for this. I think if the blame lies anywhere, it's pretty obvious Casey is responsible and wish people would stop blaming posters here.

You'll find it's usually folks wanting to :argue:
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members