George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that smell haunted him day and night while Caylee was missing.

He knows in his heart ICA killed her baby. I'm SO glad he made these statements today.
He's standing up for his beloved grand daughter.
And I 100% believe it will have an impact on the jury.

I agree. I really felt for George today. As a parent, I can understand being less than forthcoming early on, wanting to believe Casey was not involved... but after Casey makig hurtful claims against him abusing her and being involved in the cover up of the "accidental" death, well, I think he is done protecting her. He may not come right out and say "I believe she is guilty" but he is dropping little nuggets suggesting as much.

I wonder how long for George and Cindy file for divorce?

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I have to disagree.

There is only so much you can do for your family members. Families have been torn apart, and had falling outs with each other for much, much less. From what I have read and heard, GA seems to be the most credible member of the family.

And he did support Casey until she threw him under the bus. If my daughter ever did something terrible like that, I would disown her too.

KC was the last to be seen with Caylee and the car smells like decomp. Agreed. That does not rule out accidental drowning. Although the grief expert didn't get the point across very well, avoiding telling your crazy parents that their granddaughter that they love more than you died in an accident does not mean it was murder. Ask Marie Osmond about normal grieving. She went to Vegas and sang happy songs onstage right after her son's suicide. Is that normal?

Last I heard she didn't stuff his body in her trunk and tell people he was on vacation.

One thing I don't understand is that GA was 100% sure that the smell was decomp. He has known that Caylee was missing since June 16, 2008. He knew that KC was the last person seen with her. Why did it take his so long to finally figure out she did it? How was he able to convince himself that she was somewhere on vacation with her nanny after smelling human decomp? Why did his opinion only change after he was thrown under the bus? It took that extreme for him to see the light?
Part of me thinks he has always known that Caylee was gone and KC did it but he was afraid to admit it out loud, for fear of Cindy and sending her over the edge. He kept of the pretense for all those years because Cindy couldn't accept reality.

I think when you smell the decomp it doesn't immediately enter your mind that it must be the baby and his daughter did it. I'm sure there is some denial involved at that time and I think it stays for some time after that. I do think GA has known for years now that ICA did it. He's a cop and would have more insight into the crime than most other parents.

I haven't had a chance to read this thread so apologies if redundant...

I believe George has done a 180 not because of the sexual abuse allegation but rather that Casey claimed Caylee drowned in the pool and he helped to cover it up. I think George would have believed anything other than Casey murdered Caylee until that misstep. JMO

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I respectfully disagree. There comes a time when a child can no longer be protected. George has reached the point where he has no more protection to offer ICA. Each of us has to take responsibly for ourselves. ICA is an adult who made adult choices. It doesn't make George a bad parent to not be willing to protect his daughter any longer. Long over due if you ask me. I also disagree. In his heart of hearts he has known since day one she killed Caylee justike I "knew" the day this story broke ICA killed Caylee. JMHO

Did Casey get infuriated when her parents would not put their house up to bail her out? No wonder she made the remark that they had a chance to get her out. Maybe the evil princess is paying them back now but now it's too late because she will have bigger problems ahead of her after she meets Big Bertha. That tattoo has lost all meaning. How's that Bella Vita now ICA?

I haven't had a chance to read this thread so apologies if redundant...

I believe George has done a 180 not because of the sexual abuse allegation but rather that Casey claimed Caylee drowned in the pool and he helped to cover it up. I think George would have believed anything other than Casey murdered Caylee until that misstep. JMO

I think you nailed it. If George knows he didn't help cover up an accidental drowning, and by accusing George of being part of the cover-up, Casey is admitting to having knowledge of Caylee's death. Then he knows Casey was involved in her disappearance and death from Day 1. He didn't know then, but he knows now, by Casey's own admission, that Caylee was dead in June.

Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.

A crucial point of difference between you and the defendant, despite any similarities in your upbringings, is that KC was most certainly not cursed with blind empathy.

Please understand I am not bashing you at all, I grew up with a similar mother as well, and it was awful and damaging, but it doesn't justify murder and it doesn't oblige GA to throw himself onto a pyre to save KC.

I would not have put it past her, I did not see all of it because I was at work and it was impossible to watch everything.
But there was no doubt to me that she hated him for what he was saying.
She is starting to get scared it looks like anyway, I am starting to see a little change in her face especially now that she has a guard posted behind her.
As I said in an earlier post she is also starting to realize that she is now a prisoner and not a movie star with all the lights and cameras.

I saw rage and hate
in ICA's face when JA cross examined the grief counselor- she didn't see that coming.

I agree and if you go back and listen he actually corrected himself. He started out saying "I don't want to believe" and corrected himself and said "I didn't want to believe..."

After listening to the A's for 3 years, I'll bet someone clued them in that they would make more money after the trial if they testify against her -think about it. They finally see the light - what a story! Or they continue to be screwy lewy about their Bella vita velveeta.

[/B]

BBM

Yes, that is normal. Marie Osmond went back to work - many people go back to work as a way to cope with grief.

i haven't taken the time to read the whole thread, my two cents on this:

Marie Osmond didn't kill her son. KC is being accused of it and IF (big IF) she didn't her child was murdered Caylee didn't commit suicide. I would also say with suicides there are typically signs before it happens unlike murder.

To me, that means that he believes that she did kill Caylee...now.
I think the impact of his statement won't be lost of the jury. However, I also don't think that GA's support of KC will be lost either.

He still loves his daughter. No matter what she's done. No matter how much he grieves for his granddaughter. No matter how much he will always grieve for Caylee. My guess is that the A's believe that KC is mentally ill (even if not "legally so").

After listening to the A's for 3 years, I'll bet someone clued them in that they would make more money after the trial if they testify against her -think about it. They finally see the light - what a story! Or they continue to be screwy lewy about their Bella vita velveeta.

:rocker: Good point !

Hmmm ... I was thinking "what took them 3 years" to realize that ICA did it ... I mean, really ...

Your post makes total sense ... thank you.

I think all three of the Anthony's know and are aware that KC killed Caylee.

CA wants to save her life.

But they all know and now that they have awareness it will be with them every single day of their life.

JMHO

I think all three of the Anthony's know and are aware that KC killed Caylee.

CA wants to save her life.

But they all know and now that they have awareness it will be with them every single day of their life.

JMHO

I agree. It has been devastating to watch their pain during this trial. I will pray for all three of them and I will NOT judge them.

I saw rage and hate
in ICA's face when JA cross examined the grief counselor- she didn't see that coming.

She was angry because it was all about her in a positive to way to all about her in a negative one. She was also livid with her father today because she couldn't control him anymore.

I agree. It has been devastating to watch their pain during this trial. I will pray for all three of them and I will NOT judge them.

Are you aware that CA has lied repeatedly about other people, to the point they could have been charged with Caylee's murder? I think I can judge that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back