George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i haven't taken the time to read the whole thread, my two cents on this:

Marie Osmond didn't kill her son. KC is being accused of it and IF (big IF) she didn't her child was murdered Caylee didn't commit suicide. I would also say with suicides there are typically signs before it happens unlike murder.

I am a newbie, and apologize if I am butting in on this conversation, but I would just like to say I have first hand experience with delayed/abnormal grief. Delayed/complicated grief is fairly rare in most circumstances, but when it comes to a particularly tragic death, it can be common.

A girl I dated, and cared for was brutally murdered just over four years ago. Believe it or not, it took nearly 33 months to grieve about it. It was too unbelievable, and I was 1500 km away when it happened. Delayed grief, IMO, is worse, since many people do not understand it, and expect you to grieve right away. When you do finally grieve, some cannot relate to you, as they have either gone on with their lives or are at a completely different stage in the grieving process.

Having said that, I do not think KC feels much grief for what she did. If in fact, she did murder her own daughter, then it is more than likely that she only grieves for her loss of freedom.

I was raised by a strict, Irish-Catholic father who believed that to "spare the rod, spoiled the child". I wasn't sexually abused but I WAS severely physically abused. Even given that, it would absolutely crush me to see my father like this...

evil.jpg

Yet ICA just looked at him with hatred.

Are you aware that CA has lied repeatedly about other people, to the point they could have been charged with Caylee's murder? I think I can judge that.

I don't believe that anyone else was ever in danger of being charged with Caylee's murder. I won't defend some of the things CA has done or said...but I hope NEVER to have to find out what I would do in her position.

JMHO

The Anthony's are a confusing bunch, and it will be interesting to hear impact statements if there are any except for pleas to spare the life of the inmate. I'm not so sure that George would spare much of anything after the looks he gave her today as he walked up to the stand and then away. She might ought to be glad she's in jail right now. Actually, he doesn't have to say much. He said it all today.

I don't like the fact that the state implied it was ok for GA to lie in his deposition with them because at the time he thought Caylee had died at the hands of someone other than ICA. If GA still felt that way and wasn't on their side I don't think the state would be ok with it. Don't get me wrong, I feel for GA losing his beloved granddaughter and coming to the realization his daughter is not a good person but I just wonder if he would still be on her side if the defense didn't go the route they did.

No matter what the case it is not ok to lie under oath and I knew from the end of last month GA would be impeached, I proved he lied about the gas cans in this post.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6569252&postcount=291"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - George Anthony's testimony at trial[/ame]

I was raised by a strict, Irish-Catholic father who believed that to "spare the rod, spoiled the child". I wasn't sexually abused but I WAS severely physically abused. Even given that, it would absolutely crush me to see my father like this...

evil.jpg

Yet ICA just looked at him with hatred.

I don't believe that anyone else was ever in danger of being charged with Caylee's murder. I won't defend some of the things CA has done or said...but I hope NEVER to have to find out what I would do in her position.

JMHO

Id be upst, too. wow, KC is a cold person.
Remember the jail interview when he said he wished he has been a better father? ICA says: dont feel like that, you have been the BEST father/Grandfather ever.....I wish the jury could view that video.
ICA swings back and forth and lies too much. I believe GA.

Id be upst, too. wow, KC is a cold person.
Remember the jail interview when he said he wished he has been a better father? ICA says: dont feel like that, you have been the BEST father/Grandfather ever.....I wish the jury could view that video.
ICA swings back and forth and lies too much. I believe GA.

The jury did view that video. All of the jail visit videos were played for them-in full and un-edited.

Part of me thinks he has always known that Caylee was gone and KC did it but he was afraid to admit it out loud, for fear of Cindy and sending her over the edge. He kept of the pretense for all those years because Cindy couldn't accept reality.

CINDY COULDN'T ACCEPT REALITY: Exactly! The suicide note posed a number of questions he wanted answered because he said he "couldn't tell Cindy face to face." She'd have probably flown off the handle. :twocents:

thanks twall...I thought only certain ones were shown...
I do believe a long time ago GA thought Casey had not done this, was in denial stage and wanted to give her benefit of the doubt but now I think he knows.
He has sat though the trial and listened. I felt sorry for him today, it was hard for him. JMO
As far as JB hammering at him, well beer and blood pressure pills do not mix, I think he also had anti depressants. JB just turns me off the way he treats people:sick:

CINDY COULDN'T ACCEPT REALITY: Exactly! The suicide note posed a number of questions he wanted answered because he said he "couldn't tell Cindy face to face." She'd have probably flown off the handle. :twocents:

so true....she got mad at him when he went to have lunch with Casey where she was supposed to be working and was told she didnt work there. When he told CA she got mad at HIM instead of KC for lying. I think GA was walking aroundon eggshells in that house.

IMO, George has a strong sense of justice. When the evidence began to accumulate, he finally had to accept that his daughter killed his granddaughter. He must also have a strong sense of self-preservation. It would take considerable courage to face up to Cindy after years of being beaten down. I had an uncle I dearly loved who was married to a termagant. He was highly intelligent, and quickly learned that if he wanted a peaceful life, he couldn't cross her in any way.

I wonder if George will stay with Cindy? It looks like Lee is in the process of freeing himself from the family; perhaps George will too, as he heals.

I haven't had a chance to read this thread so apologies if redundant...

I believe George has done a 180 not because of the sexual abuse allegation but rather that Casey claimed Caylee drowned in the pool and he helped to cover it up. I think George would have believed anything other than Casey murdered Caylee until that misstep. JMO

ITA. George knows he wasn't around when Caylee died, so he's probably asked himself why ICA would make up such a wild story if Caylee's death were truly an accident. And the reason is because there was no accident.

I think you nailed it. If George knows he didn't help cover up an accidental drowning, and by accusing George of being part of the cover-up, Casey is admitting to having knowledge of Caylee's death. Then he knows Casey was involved in her disappearance and death from Day 1. He didn't know then, but he knows now, by Casey's own admission, that Caylee was dead in June.

Oops.. I didn't see your post before I posted mine. Apologies for any repetition. You worded yours much, much better than I did.

I respectfully disagree. There comes a time when a child can no longer be protected. George has reached the point where he has no more protection to offer ICA. Each of us has to take responsibly for ourselves. ICA is an adult who made adult choices. It doesn't make George a bad parent to not be willing to protect his daughter any longer. Long over due if you ask me. I also disagree. In his heart of hearts he has known since day one she killed Caylee justike I "knew" the day this story broke ICA killed Caylee. JMHO

:clap: ITA

IMO, one of the worst things to happen to parenting is this concept of "unconditional love". *I'll love you and support you whatever happens, whatever you do*. And we have a lot of young people now who do whatever the he** they want b/c Mom and Dad are expected to love them unconditionally. Personal accountability is becoming a relic of the past. MO

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I believe the jury is going to look at all of the evidence in it's totality, George's statement was his truth. And the truth will set you free. You cannot fix what you don't acknowledge. I just have to look at how Casey has run a mack truck over her own family who has supported her all along. And could care less about their pain and suffering. This say's a lot about their daughter.

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I'd tell the truth. Because that is what kind of parent I am. And with that, I'd have no responsibility whether a jury convicted my mentally ill or deranged child and/or sentenced her to death.

Besides, I don't think the jury can consider parental intuition when determining the guilt or innocence of a defendant. They have to stick to the facts presented in court. JMO

George Anthony's testimony today (Wed. 6/29) in my opinion was powerful. When GA said he didn't believe at that time his daughter killed Caylee I couldn't believe it. I do think that statement made by GA was heard & resounded with each jury member.

I also noticed that during GA's testimony today Casey Anthony shook her head 'No' a great deal. However, I remember previously in the trial Jose Baez asked GA if he had molested his daughter. In response to JB asking GA if he had molested Casey, Casey looking down shook her head 'No' which gave me the impression that Casey was indicating "No my father didn't molest me & I can't believe JB is asking him this.

Then today during GA's testimony Casey shook her head 'No' seemed to be irritated giving me the impression that with her demeanor Casey was trying to convey "My dad is lying." During GA's testimony today I also thought I saw Casey mouthing "he's lying."

GA's testimony today (6/29) I found very compelling - I saw a broken man who is grieving the murder of his granddaughter & is tormented by the actions of his daughter. GA comes across to me as a father / grandfather who entered hell June 2008. I don't believe that GA had anything to do with the death of Caylee.

I am confused b/c GA's 6/29 testimony to me proved Casey's guilt - after GA's 6/29 testimony there is no shadow of doubt: Casey murdered Caylee. I am confused b/c I don't see why the Defense questioned GA today - was GA 6/29 testimony supposed to go differently? OR am I wrong - GA's 6/29 testimony did not prove Casey's guilt beyond a shadow of doubt?

If I were on the jury GA's 6/29 testimony especially the resounding statement that he didn't believe at that time his daughter killed Caylee - I would be convinced one hundred percent that Casey Anthony is Guilty. GA's 6/29 testimony combined with Casey's demeanor during GA's testimony would make me know that there was never an accidental drowning & cover up. I would know that the man GA I just saw testifying on the stand would have never covered up an accidental drowning, molest his daughter - I would know GA didn't call 911 after he got Casey's car b/c he smelled decomposition & knew something horrible happened, wanted to find Casey & was hoping his gut was wrong & would see Caylee alive again.

Perhaps GA's 6/29 testimony wasn't as powerful in proving Casey's guilt as I think it is. It seems to me JB's Defense of Casey Anthony severely backfired today with GA's testimony. I can't imagine any juror believing JB's Defense of Casey Anthony after today.

IMO, George has a strong sense of justice. When the evidence began to accumulate, he finally had to accept that his daughter killed his granddaughter. He must also have a strong sense of self-preservation. It would take considerable courage to face up to Cindy after years of being beaten down. I had an uncle I dearly loved who was married to a termagant. He was highly intelligent, and quickly learned that if he wanted a peaceful life, he couldn't cross her in any way.

I wonder if George will stay with Cindy? It looks like Lee is in the process of freeing himself from the family; perhaps George will too, as he heals.

According to some reports (ahem, IIRC, they were Casey's statements) George and Cindy were considering divorce prior to Caylee's disappearnace. I would be very surprised if they stay together after this trial ends. Unless Casey somehow manages to put the blame on either of her parents where charges could be filed against them. If they are married, they can't be forced to testify against each other, right? Not like that is gonna happen, but at this point, nothing would shock me! :banghead:

I think all three of the Anthony's know and are aware that KC killed Caylee.

CA wants to save her life.

But they all know and now that they have awareness it will be with them every single day of their life.

JMHO
I have always thought the Anthony's knew that ICA killed Caylee and that Caylee was dead, once Cindy called 911 and said "there's something wrong, it smells like a dead body in the damn car." Also when George went to pick up the car at the towing yard and smelling the smell of human decomp. He also knew the truth. George said he was hoping when he smelled that decomp smell that it wasn't his daughter or grand daugther in the trunk of that car. But guess what Casey is alive but where is Caylee??? What was to follow was damage control, headed and directed by the family CEO Cindy Anthony. Denial, lies, coverups, slander you name it. If CA said ICA didn't kill her grand daughter then of course that's what the family wants everyone to believe. If ICA didn't do it why all the lies, coverups, etc from CA?

George Anthony's testimony today (Wed. 6/29) in my opinion was powerful. When GA said he didn't believe at that time his daughter killed Caylee I couldn't believe it. I do think that statement made by GA was heard & resounded with each jury member.

I also noticed that during GA's testimony today Casey Anthony shook her head 'No' a great deal. However, I remember previously in the trial Jose Baez asked GA if he had molested his daughter. In response to JB asking GA if he had molested Casey, Casey looking down shook her head 'No' which gave me the impression that Casey was indicating "No my father didn't molest me & I can't believe JB is asking him this.

Then today during GA's testimony Casey shook her head 'No' seemed to be irritated giving me the impression that with her demeanor Casey was trying to convey "My dad is lying." During GA's testimony today I also thought I saw Casey mouthing "he's lying."

GA's testimony today (6/29) I found very compelling - I saw a broken man who is grieving the murder of his granddaughter & is tormented by the actions of his daughter. GA comes across to me as a father / grandfather who entered hell June 2008. I don't believe that GA had anything to do with the death of Caylee.

I am confused b/c GA's 6/29 testimony to me proved Casey's guilt - after GA's 6/29 testimony there is no shadow of doubt: Casey murdered Caylee. I am confused b/c I don't see why the Defense questioned GA today - was GA 6/29 testimony supposed to go differently? OR am I wrong - GA's 6/29 testimony did not prove Casey's guilt beyond a shadow of doubt?

If I were on the jury GA's 6/29 testimony especially the resounding statement that he didn't believe at that time his daughter killed Caylee - I would be convinced one hundred percent that Casey Anthony is Guilty. GA's 6/29 testimony combined with Casey's demeanor during GA's testimony would make me know that there was never an accidental drowning & cover up. I would know that the man GA I just saw testifying on the stand would have never covered up an accidental drowning, molest his daughter - I would know GA didn't call 911 after he got Casey's car b/c he smelled decomposition & knew something horrible happened, wanted to find Casey & was hoping his gut was wrong & would see Caylee alive again.

Perhaps GA's 6/29 testimony wasn't as powerful in proving Casey's guilt as I think it is. It seems to me JB's Defense of Casey Anthony severely backfired today with GA's testimony. I can't imagine any juror believing JB's Defense of Casey Anthony after today.

I have tried to watch as much of this trial as I could and paid close attention to ICA. Everytime through out the trial when something was brought out to show that Casey was lying, something that put her in a bad light or just outright busted her she would shake her head no. I feel it was her own way of testifying to the jury. "These people have it all wrong". If anyone ever has time to review the tapes of Casey just watch when she would shake her head no. Very interesting.......almost like a lie detector test.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221
Back