George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think GA's testimony today as well as ICA's reaction, helped seal her fate.

KC was the last to be seen with Caylee and the car smells like decomp. Agreed. That does not rule out accidental drowning. Although the grief expert didn't get the point across very well, avoiding telling your crazy parents that their granddaughter that they love more than you died in an accident does not mean it was murder. Ask Marie Osmond about normal grieving. She went to Vegas and sang happy songs onstage right after her son's suicide. Is that normal?

BBM

Yes, that is normal. Marie Osmond went back to work - many people go back to work as a way to cope with grief.

KC was the last to be seen with Caylee and the car smells like decomp. Agreed. That does not rule out accidental drowning. Although the grief expert didn't get the point across very well, avoiding telling your crazy parents that their granddaughter that they love more than you died in an accident does not mean it was murder. Ask Marie Osmond about normal grieving. She went to Vegas and sang happy songs onstage right after her son's suicide. Is that normal?

Hi there,

I remember reading about Marie Osmond and I believe she was already on stage performing and when she finished she got the word. I could be wrong but I thought that is how I remembered it.

Sadly, a lot of people have killed their loved ones and have had to pay for their sins. I hope ICA will also.

I must admit .... that JB provided the absolutely worst opening statement possible. Nothing could have been worse including just saying it was an accident. However, the opening statement and the trial strategy may have turned LWOP to the DP for many.

Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.

It is ok. This is a place where everyone can express there opinions and feelings. Sorry that you grew up with a mom like CA. Peace

George stated in the very beginning, to LE I believe, that he did not want to believe that he raised a child that could do this terrible act. (Paraphrasing there.) You can't blame him for that. I am sure he had suspicions but put them on the back burner. He did not want to believe that he would never see his Caylee again on this earth. He tried his hardest to prove that his gut instincts were wrong. Over the past three years he slowly came to the realization that there is no other explanation. It all leads to KC. All the terrible things he has said in the past was him sticking to his denial and still holding on to hope that his daughter did not do this. It was a slow and painful process for him to finally say what he said on the stand today. We saw it was tearing him apart to get those words out. Maybe now he can begin the healing process. I hope so.

BBM

Just watched part of his testimony, he says (paraphrasing) "Something inside of me needs to get through this". God Bless you George.

If her little body hadn't been found with duct tape on it, I might agree.

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I see nothing wrong with George giving his opinion. The jury can give it whatever weight they choose to give it, just as they will do with all the other testimony.

As an aside I do not think KC is mentally ill or deranged. she knew what she was doing when she did it.

However, that is what is wonderful about WS, all the different opinions to read and think about.

Not sure where to put this. During George's break down on the stand, it looked like Casey mouthed the word, "Liar." I've tried to find a video clip of it to watch it again in the hope of seeing if I did see that or not.

I think in the beginning he really didn't want to believe or even did believe she was involved. As the evidence piled up against her it got harder and harder to feel otherwise. The State even pointed out how he worked against them and they had a sparring relationship for years. George wasn't involved in any of this. The abuse and blaming her dad were to take the heat off herself when she faced the DP. Hard to explain 31 days of not reporting your dad without a scapegoat who conveniently became the 2 men in her family.

Not sure where to put this. During George's break down on the stand, it looked like Casey mouthed the word, "Liar." I've tried to find a video clip of it to watch it again in the hope of seeing if I did see that or not.

I would not have put it past her, I did not see all of it because I was at work and it was impossible to watch everything.
But there was no doubt to me that she hated him for what he was saying.
She is starting to get scared it looks like anyway, I am starting to see a little change in her face especially now that she has a guard posted behind her.
As I said in an earlier post she is also starting to realize that she is now a prisoner and not a movie star with all the lights and cameras.

Sadly, a lot of people have killed their loved ones and have had to pay for their sins. I hope ICA will also.

I must admit .... that JB provided the absolutely worst opening statement possible. Nothing could have been worse including just saying it was an accident. However, the opening statement and the trial strategy may have turned LWOP to the DP for many.

I could be wrong...but I feel JB is just an extention of what KC wanted the world to know....I would imagine in her past..sympathy lies of abuse have worked to her advantage...she feeds off of those who have empathy...but its a bit tougher now ..now that she is under the microscope...JMHO

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

I respect all opinions. I too grew up with a mom who is probably very like CA- from what I saw in the past several years. I actually was open to hear testimony that might prove that she lied as a coping mechanism due to any substantiated abuse from the family ( although I thought the whole GA found Caylee and made Casey hide it from CA and RK played hide n seek with the body until december story was ridiculous and a major error on JBs part). I haven't seen or heard any substantiating testimony to abuse, drowning or accidental death. (And that's when I disregard JB's bumbling theatrics.) After seeing GA break down today as he was emotionally pummeled on the stand, and has been humiliated over and over again by the DT(ICA driven) I think he was like a cornered animal who had to scratch his way out-he did this by subtle digs at his daughter, JB and the truth. And I think it hurt him horribly to do it. Unless the DT has a major breakthrough or ICA is a stellar performer on the stand throughout the SA Cross- then I think that it is very possible that Murder one will stand. And I never thought I'd say that-I was sure it would be manslaughter.

It wouldn't be hard for George being an ex cop to know that Caylee didn't drown accidentally. Casey wasn't even home very long and showed no evidence of falling asleep in the afternoon. She was on the phone or texting constantly. Even after one lag she was right back on the phone talking as if nothing was wrong and she did not have time to do anything to prepare to dispose of a body. No way did the child float in a pool for hours with no chance of revival. George also probably knows her very well and that there is nothing that ever happened to her that would cause zoning out and ignoring the death of a child. George looked at the evidence.

I don't doubt that at all, that's what shaking her head "no" means, too.

I'm glad George got some truth out... it may release him. mo

I wonder if CA will get on the stand just to punish GA and LA for not doing what she wanted them to do. She will want to punish them because how dare anyone else be looked at as a victim. Only time she cried today was when it was about her. Her dad and the talk of Caylee's skull...nothing.

I have no doubt she could get up and spin an incredible tale of abuse and cover up. Lying is what Casey does best. Question is how do you believe a pathological liar?

Songbird -during testimony today I posted about that very answer by George. It was shortly after he said it, and what I took from that statement is that George didn't believe THEN. But the inference was clearly in between the lines that George believes it now. To me, it is the very essence of what I hope the jury also got from that statement.

I believe that George knew all along in his heart, but his mind wouldn't allow him to accept such a horrendous reality. Now, he has finally come far enough along his journey to accept the true reality, and acknowledge what his heart already knew.

I am so glad you started a thread about this. I wanted to start a thread then, but the trial thrwd was moving so fast, I was afraid I would miss too much. Great minds think alike. Thanks for this thread!

He knows in his heart ICA killed her baby. I'm SO glad he made these statements today.
He's standing up for his beloved grand daughter.
And I 100% believe it will have an impact on the jury.

I wonder if CA will get on the stand just to punish GA and LA for not doing what she wanted them to do. She will want to punish them because how dare anyone else be looked at as a victim. Only time she cried today was when it was about her. Her dad and the talk of Caylee's skull...nothing.

I have no doubt she could get up and spin an incredible tale of abuse and cover up. Lying is what Casey does best. Question is how do you believe a pathological liar?

The answer, Nova24, is that you cannot ever trust a pathological liar, case closed. BTW, CA is used for Cindy, and ICA is used for Casey, to avoid confusion. ICA stands for inmate Casey Anthony. Not trying to be snarky, or bossy. It was hard for me to remember the right acronyms when they started being used, too. But it sure helps avoid confusion on the part of the member reading the post. And, ITA with your post!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221
Back