George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly understand that the prosecution is doing everything it can but this is just becoming a hole that needs to stop being dug. IMO

Yup, so far he's charged the defense $2,400. Add the time for testimony today and flying back home tomorrow and I'd say the defense got a very reasonably priced expert considering his high standing in the field.

He explained that it's a very straightforward forensics case. I agree. jmo

No. Hired guns are those whose opinions are bought. Not those who are paid for the work they perform to render their own professional opinion in a particular case. That said, all of the State's professional witnesses are actually on the State's payroll, so they are equally susceptible to being characterized as hired guns, if not more so, since their entire livelihood depends on the same set of people in every case. jmo

Yes. They can not just make stuff up or lie. They have to have to support their opinion based on the facts of the case.. Not just make up stuff willy nilly and get paid for it.

Bolded by me.
You're right because he would have been arrested, investigated, and tried without any political push or publicity to find out why a man was dead.
He would not have assumed to be "standing his ground" by police and sent home.

So what? The police and prosecutors thoroughly investigated at the time and found the shooting by GZ justified under the standard self-defense law.

And have the TM supporters forgotten that GZ called 911? He wanted and expected the police to come to his assistance.

Interesting, Di Maio is saying doctors treating injuries are not interested in carefully documenting the injuries.

IMO that is probably also for insurance purposes, if they document too much and something goes wrong, if the description was inaccurate then that causes even more legal problems.

It is generally required that other staff document and measure every injury, not the doctor's responsibility. The Doc's responsibility is to treat the worst or most life threatening injury first.

Do you no believe TM had skittles in his possession? How would the skittles make TM look sweet and innocent? IMO

Yes I believe he had skittles. Skittles are candy, associated with the interests of little kids (cue the picture of 12 year old TM in the media) and then supposedly he was buying the skittles for his little brother. The idea was supposed to be "He was just a kid buying some candy." It made him sound sweet and innocent for obvious reasons imo.

We didn't see the tattoos, or hear about the drugs in his system, the jewel theft, the 10 day out of school suspension, the other things from his ridiculous past imo. We heard about skittles. imo.

An opinion is an opinion and everyone has a right to their own... The spin you speak of is TRUTH to me... there is such a thing nowadays as "combined families" and I'm sure TM treated this child as a little brother IMO of course!and MY opinion is worth just as much as yours or anyone else's on this forum and should not be discredited.

~bbm

Right. That was my point.

Dr. Di Maio's eyebrow movements remind me of the heckler Muppets from the Muppet Show. I love the Muppets. :)

I was discussing this case with my dad last night (he is 64) and he commented that when he was a kid growing up in South Philadelphia in the 50's and 60's it was expected for an adult to question a kid who was out that late at night and what he was up to... It was even expected and the parents of that child appreciated it. Back in those days mothers and fathers would see a neighbor kid out past dark or acting shady and they would say "Get your butt home!" then maybe even call that kids parent. Nowadays you can't say anything to anyone without repercussion. IMO

What happened to respecting adults? IMO

So what? The police and prosecutors thoroughly investigated at the time and found the shooting by GZ justified under the standard self-defense law.

And have the TM supporters forgotten that GZ called 911? He wanted and expected the police to come to his assistance.

To be clear he called the non emergency line. His neighbors called 911.

However GZ had every right to walk around his own neighborhood also.

Sometimes things just collide. I believe this was a tragic meeting of happenstance that escalated..

Happenstance?
GZ wasn't walking home
GZ wasn't walking a pet
GZ wasn't aimlessly driving around or walking around his neighborhood
GZ purposely followed, pursued, looked to investigate and confront
Facts based on 911 calls, his testimony, witnesses, autopsy report and LE

It is my opinion the prosecution is doing the best they can with what little evidence they have.

Which is still another reason the case should never have been brought and was done so IMO for political reasons, not justice.

Goodness! I have never known that to be true. On the charts, we have to document everything. Don't know that I agree with this doctor at all on this. It is because of legal reasons, we do it. In case there is ever a lawsuit. JMO

You are right Zuri, but it is not the Doc's responsibility to measure and document every single injury, it is other staff's responsibility. That can take a very long time, and in the ER, the doc is in great demand and time would not allow him/her to do that kind of documentation. Now, in a doctor's office, that might be a different story.

According to this doctor- Trayvon could have been punched 100X and we would never know.
Can't bruise a dead teenager.

Come on Bernie, ask something new, stop asking the same questions over and over.

Prosecutor just got defense expert to admit that Trayvon could have been backing up from the gun when he was shot.

Happenstance?
GZ wasn't walking home
GZ wasn't walking a pet
GZ wasn't aimlessly driving around or walking around his neighborhood
GZ purposely followed, pursued, looked to investigate and confront
Facts based on 911 calls, his testimony, witnesses, autopsy report and LE

Gz was in his own neighbor hood.
He did not have to have a reason to be out. He spotted something that looked odd and called NEN.

Nothing out of order there. Nothing..

He watched TM to see where he was going while on the phone with police dispatch. He was waiting for police to arrive.
TM's friends testimony had him at his residence and then back out to where GZ was waiting for police and he confronted GZ and then they fought.

So yes. It was a collision of people and it turned out bad. I don't believe there was any malice on GZ's part to hurt TM.

So in other words do you believe this case was put up simply to appease the outcry of the masses? A lot of people think that as well.

There are two facets, Cityslick, if you will, please.

1. Lead Detective Chris Serino asked for a trial immediately but the DA's office didnt' want to try a man who looks white for slaying an AA kid. IMO So I belive LE definitely wanted to charge GZ from the very first.IMO

So, there was grounds and evidence for Self Defense immediately and the DA didn't want to use that evidence IMO, therefore it took the Prosecution much longer to gather enough evidence for 2nd Degree Murder because the proper evidence procedures were not followed initially as they should have been...which automatically hampers the State's case.IMO

2. So as to public pressure being the ONLY catalyst to take this killing to trial, no....albeit it certainly became one of the factors.

After all is said and done, the majority of the public seem to think GZ should have gotten off Scott Free which very well MAY contribute to the State's lack of enthusiasm. IMO So much so that I feel the State has to had to step up their prosecution in the past few days to come off as more diligent....having been made aware of the public outcry against their lackadaisacal approach. IMO

What is the State hoping to accomplish with Dr. DiMaio? IMO, this line of questioning is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216