George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Defense brought race into it yestgerday with a witness who spoke of her fear when two AA guys knocked on her door and broke in...this was supposed to give her neighbor GZ a license to kill when he saw anyone AA. IMO

So I guess then we can place blame on that witness for putting the thought in GZ's head to get out of his car the same way we place blame on GZ for simply the act of getting out of his car in the first place.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I was not able to be here earlier. Apparently I missed a lot! I've been furiously reading comments on the thread. Would someone be so kind as to summarize what has happened thus far. Thanks sooooo much!

Photographs of GZ's injuries were submitted into evidence, the PA who treated him gave testimony, eye witness testimony that GZ was on the bottom as TM threw punches, and tapes of GZ describing the attack were also shown as evidence. JMO. OMO. MOO.

To me GZ head injuries were about equal to a child falling off their swing in a school yard. or crashing their bike and falling off. Maybe not as serious because a child's skull is softer.IMO

It is really perplexing how GZ has everyone believing his account. He claims a chaotic event with his head feeling like it is going to exploding. Then he has the presents to feel that TM is going for his gun. Have the ability to hold TM hand under his arm and access the gun.

On top of that "ONE SHOT ONE KILL". then state that he did not know if he hit TM 4 inches away all the while TM says "YOU got me".

It is not just GZ that I believe. I believe it because the states evidence proved it to me. Again I am not on GZ's side. I am on the side of justice. I want it to be proven that he murdered TM and that is just not the case with what they have showed me in their case.

Many of their witnesses ended up helping the defenses case.

I am not going on feeling. I need proof and am only interested in the evidence and facts of the case.

IT is not emotional for me.

Who are they going to go after, the jury? That doesn't make any sense to me, IMO

I don't know exactly what the OP is referring to, but George definitely has a Section 1983 action if/when he's acquitted. jmo

It is really perplexing how GZ has everyone believing his account. He claims a chaotic event with his head feeling like it is going to exploding. Then he has the presents to feel that TM is going for his gun. Have the ability to hold TM hand under his arm and access the gun.

On top of that "ONE SHOT ONE KILL". then state that he did not know if he hit TM 4 inches away all the while TM says "YOU got me".

Self defense statute = you don't need to sustain any injuries to be in fear. If he felt his head was going to explode because TM was pushing his head down on the pavement, that's a rational fear.

All so rehearsed. IMO - Back to watching the courtroom for me.

There is no evidence that TM's minor cut was caused by punching GZ, only a conjecture. IMO. If you have a link to the evidence kindly post it.

It's circumstantial evidence....been used in a courts of law for decades. Eye witness to it as well in this case: Goodman.

imo

At least she's not allowing the idiotic 3rd degree charge. Cannot believe these prosecutors are practicing law.

IN MY OPINION

To me GZ head injuries were about equal to a child falling off their swing in a school yard. or crashing their bike and falling off. Maybe not as serious because a child's skull is softer.IMO

Really? Because I can cite cases where a child fell of a bike, Hit his head and died or was incapacitated. Being beaten in the head can lead to devastating injuries.

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-08-3...h-head-20100830_1_catasauqua-boy-bicycle-head

He was 12. Not at all a soft scalp.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10861298

Another 13 yr old girl

It is one thing to make a case based on evidence. But not just what we think or feel. That is not justice.

No 3rd degree murder. The state failed to prove child abuse. That's a no brainier and I'm glad the judge ruled against the state. MOO.

i haven't said much. this because i've found much of the discussion here entirely disconcerting.

it is inconceivable to me that so many folks, the very same ones who were disgusted at the mere thought that anything negative should even be breathed about travis alexander in the arias, have taken to bashing a 17 year old victim of a murder. and that is the fact. argue all you like as to it being something else. trayvon martin did not take his own life that night. george zimmerman murdered him. the baloney excuses, the long, never-ending, maze-like attempts to explain or justify it are not based on legal statutes. i've read dozens of times that those who feel GZ is guilty are merely responding with emotion. i will refrain from calling statements like that what i feel they are, but rather, will point out that those who feel GZ is not guilty are responding to emotion just as much as anyone else. there is simply a difference between what makes one person emotional and what makes another emotional. emotions run high when core beliefs are challenged.

my core beliefs as relevant here: a 17 year old is still a child. in the United States of America, no person should be gunned down for walking down the street. a neighborhood watch person of good intention, particularly a captain, would have immediately informed the operator that he was armed. he would then have called another person in the neighborhood for back up. a 17 year old who was going to go after someone would brag about to the girl on the other end of the phone, and then he would hang up before any punches were thrown. there are more, but this is enough.

i am a well-educated, well-read, intelligent individual. i assume most here are the same. it is glaringly obvious to me that george zimmerman murdered trayvon martin. period. it is a tragedy and it is a crime.

that said, i believe he will be found not guilty. i believe that will be an unjust verdict.

MOST importantly, i believe it is deplorable and frankly unacceptable to see people talking about how riots are going to break out if zimmerman is found innocent. do people truly not see that this is just as much an example of racial profiling as was the one zimmerman engaged in? i've yet to see a single person claim that riots would be break out if zimmerman were found guilty. would it be less disastrous if the angry, gun-toting zimmerman fans rioted? that's sure some interesting logic.

at the end of the day, the parents of a 17 year old have lost their son. they have never claimed he was perfect. i beseech everyone to think of your own 17 year old, or a 17 year old you know. think about that kid. think about that kid not in terms of how you hate the way they dress, or can't stand the slang they use, of how nasty their fb page makes them look....but think about the heart of that 17 year old. for me, this is easy. i've had two at that age so far. i promise you that a 17 year old, at 5'11'' and just over 150 lbs is a lanky, skinny kid and he knows it. a 17 yo who was a good enough brother to be bringing his sibling back a snack from 7-11 (without even opening it to take some for himself, mind you), a 17 year old whose only tattoos were the names of his grandmothers and the name of his mother, that 17 year old was innocent that night when he left the house, and innocent when his life ended on the wet ground.

i predict that trayvon's parents, regardless of the verdict, will make it a mission to deal with the atrocity of a law in florida that all but begs for the murder of innocent human beings. it needs to change. IN MY OPINION

Thank you! Those who believe the victim, the DEAD VICTIM, is innocent of all the speculation about how dangerous and monstrous he is, is unfortunately in the minority. This is what disturbs me the most. There's NO EVIDENCE that TM punched or slammed GZ's face and head, only GZ's words. GZ's injuries could have been sustained elsewhere, yet TM being the aggressor is already accepted as the truth. There's no evidence that TM acted violently that night, no DNA of GZ was found on his person, yet this is generally spoken as facts.

I look at the evidence, or the lack thereof, and feel so sad...:sigh:

Imo, there will be a Federal Civil Rights charge in the event of an acquittal...

:twocents: IMO, that would be "Double Jeopardy" ...

IF GZ is found NOT Guilty, that means the JURY has spoken ... and the public should ACCEPT the verdict -- whether you agree with it or not ...

Unfortunately, the public has had to accept the verdicts of OJ and Casey Anthony -- whether they like it or not ...

And that is how the justice system works ...

IF GZ is found NOT Guilty, he should be allowed to move on with his life -- AND -- so should everyone else move on with their life ...

If you are NOT satisfied with a verdict of the State Court, it would be "double jeopardy" IMO to run over to a federal court to "get what you want" ...

And that is NOT FAIR at all ...

JUST MY OPINION ... MOO .. IMO !

:moo::moo::moo:

The Defense brought race into it yestgerday with a witness who spoke of her fear when two AA guys knocked on her door and broke in...this was supposed to give her neighbor GZ a license to kill when he saw anyone AA. IMO

OMG are you kidding? Yes two AA men broke into her home. Wow. I am so sick of people talking about racial profiling.

I flew last year and I am an old white grandmother. I was stopped, patted down, luggage rummaged through. Five....F I V E middle eastern men who weren't speaking English were right behind me and not one....NOT ONE...of them were stopped, just passed right through. They were even on my flight. I was profiled and they weren't! So yeah, black guys breaking into homes in my neighborhood and they will be watched in the future. Same with white, Latino, Asian, middle easter or anyone who breaks into a young mothers home!!!

You need to back up.....

At least she's not allowing the idiotic 3rd degree charge. Cannot believe these prosecutors are practicing law.

I believe that these prosecutors are doing the best with what they have. Nothing.
They are sadly it seems pandering to the emotion of the case and not the facts of the case. Their own case proves that GZ acted in self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper