George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree! When there are mere inches between GZ's face and Trayvon's chest and the bullet goes straight into the center of Trayvon's chest RECOIL is definitely a possibility! :twocents:

Don't you think the state would have brought it up if it were even a remote possibility? They were certainly grasping at any straws they could find. It is amazing the lengths folks are going to in an effort to discount the violence inflicted upon GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Yes, BIG commercially produced signs ... and "hoodies" in July in Florida ? :rolleyes:

In My Opinion, these are PAID protesters ...

IMO ... MOO ... JMO

IMO, they're wearing the hoodies to make a political statement.

But yeah - I agree. I used to live in Tampa, FL (back in the 80s). No way would I have worn anything more than a tank top in July (or February, for that matter). The heat & humidity in July in FL is unbearable.

MOO

The civil rights charge is what I was thinking could work. Thanks!

If the feds decided to go that route it would take some very high up influencer to push them.

I don't see it happening. A whole lot of people already think Zimmerman was railroaded and this whole trial was a sham. If the feds drummed up more charges for another trial many folks will become utterly furious.

IMO.

50 years ago, the "N" word was a common descriptive word. Along with many others that are no longer culturally acceptable, unless used by a specific race.

And if a white kid uses the "N" word, no matter the the context or intent, they may very well get physically injured.

I don't care where you grow up. In the hood, in the sticks - doesn't matter. Ignorance and locality does not constitute acceptability.

No matter how people try to excuse the behavior, it is NOT acceptable for one or the other.

Equality is about applying equal standards for all people and classes.

I am just incredulous at the subjective application of using racial epitaphs.

I'm my common-sense opinion.

:goodpost:

So, I have to ask...have you in your experience ever been on the ground, under a bigger man shooting the pistol GZ had, known to have a stronger recoil and barrel flip than most...or any pistol....inches from your head? While struggling for control in your non dominant hand?

No, and does it take away from my experience if I've never shot my gun in a combat situation? (Elementary kids are always so disappointed when we go to schools, they always ask if we've shot someone. Sad.)

My experience does include simulated training in a variety of situations with a variety of guns. I was sincerely trying to imagine the "recoil" of different types of handguns, with very little resistance from me (meaning, anticipation and bracing to fight the "recoil.") I'm trying to be fair in my assessment of this hypothetical situation. I really am.

But, your previous comments did lead me to ask two coworkers...I just posed the situation to them. One has 30 years of experience...one is a counter-assault (sniper) trained weapons expert. All I can respectfully say is that their opinion is that it wouldn't happen.

I don't think it's a good, solid logical explanation of what might have broken GZ's nose. I get that you think it's a good possibility.

that's all, difference of opinion. I get it.

Sorry, I don't agree. Plus the fact they are promoting communism - no thank you.

No, I was commenting on that the people in picture were young and should be working, the rest has nothing to do with what I said IMO

Many have said GZ was a 'wannabe cop'. Yet no one had the courage to say that TM could have been a 'wannabe gangbanger'. Unfortunately, the most incriminating evidence was considered bias and was not admitted in trial. To wit, TA's mother had had enough of TM's 'fighting' and sent him to live with an aunt and uncle. There were also phone messages with TM talking about being suspended for 'fighting'. He also said something about purchasing a gun. His brother left a message saying he wanted TM to teach him how to fight. So on and so forth.

Prior to reading about the above undisclosed 'evidence', I was totally in favor of the prosecution. Now I have 'reasonable doubt'. The nine minute lapse of time as dramatically demonstrated by MOM this morning was powerful. What was Trayvon doing? Why didn't he just go home?

Whatever the outcome, this killing should never have happened. If only GZ had stayed in his car. If only....this or that. The jury is only called on to judge what happened in those last few minutes of the scuffle; however, it is only GZ's state of mind that counts. Who can honestly say that GZ was NOT in fear of his life? No one. Florida's 'stand your ground' law is going to prevail in this case. GZ will walk.

MOO
Ah, I kinda agree with every thing you wrote...but wasn't the SYG defense tossed?

Who testified they saw TM was punching GZ?

Eye witness said TM was on top of GZ leaning over him and his arms were going down like he was punching him.
He could not see the blows because of the way they were turned.

But come on. Common sense should tell everyone that those were blows.
Why else would TM's arms have been going down as if he was using the "ground and pound" method.

If you think those weren't punches, what is your theory of what he was doing swinging his arms downward towards GZ's head?

JMO

IDK, but in past trials, the jurors deliberated until the typical court recess time.

I would assume they would deliberate until at least 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This is a sequestered jury. I would think the court will go later and on the weekend if they wish. jmo

I do respect everyone's opinion, as we all have our own rationale for reaching the conclusion that we have. One thing to note though, IMO, some seem to believe that the evidence supports GZ's account(s) of the events that day, so this presents as a clear cut case of self defense.

IMO, if that is really the case, GZ would have opted for trial by judge. Would that not have been a safer bet - a judge using the law, not emotion to determine guilt or lack of? The fact that GZ did choose a jury trial may be that the defense team was worried about George's credibility, even with a jurist alone deciding.

And you never know what a jury will do. Interesting.:twocents:
I've often read and heard that this judge is categorized by Florida defense attorneys as pro-prosecution. Regardless of their opinions, after watching this trial from beginning to end, I'd have to opine that GZ definitely made the right decision to be heard by a jury.

Who testified they saw TM was punching GZ?

John Good--the man in whose yard they were fighting

He said that he put one foot on his patio and told them to stop--that he was going to call the police. He said the lighter-skinned guy was on the bottom. The guy on top was over him, grounding and pounding MMA style..

I think it's interesting that everyone was up in arms when 20 children got killed in Newtown but when a black kid gets shot there are all sort of "excuses" why his life is less worthy. Says a lot about people amd their views on race.

IMO, this says nothing at all about anyone's views on race. When I first heard about this shooting, from what was reported in the media, I thought GZ should be taken out and shot (after a trial, of course) - and that's when he was reported to be white.

As more and more info came out, I came to believe that GZ acted in self-defense.

It's a sad set of circumstances, but IMO Treyvon could have walked (not run) home and shut the door behind him and none of this would have happened. And, if GZ had stayed in his truck, this likely wouldn't have happened. Lots of "if only" changes in behaviors would likely have changed the outcome.

But IMO GZ did nothing illegal.

Here's the video to see how baggy the pants are: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOXuw9va6E"]Surveillance Video Shows Trayvon Martin At 7-Eleven On Night Of Shooting - YouTube[/ame]

While certainly not as big as some I've seen it is obvious they are baggy and hanging. At :02 you get the first view of him reaching in his pocket for change and it goes nearly to his knee. At 1:02 you see him pull them back up and realize just how far they were down. You can keep watching and see it from other viewpoints. You can also look at the ankles to see how they are first sagged way down around the ankles which straightens out when he pulls them up at first.

IIRC recoil was never even mentioned (by either side) during this trial.
Not by the attorneys, not by the experts, not by ANYONE.

I'm not getting why this conversation has continued here for so long.

It's very obvious to most (including the attorneys repping the state of FL) that GZ was punched in the face by TM.

JMO

As I said earlier, it is my contention that is what happened.
I'm not interested in "most" opinions based on the eye witness who saw no " "punching" and lack of forensic evidence. You say the evidence melted away, even under his nails. I say it was never there.

TM didn't punch GZ in my opinion and I have credible reasons for believing that and would like to feel free here to discuss it.

Exactly.

I don't understand why some people want to make this about race. Zimmerman is Hispanic or at least partially anyway so playing the race card doesn't work here. The media, certain groups with ulterior motives and those who can't help but insert race and racism into everything.....:facepalm:

Martin happened to be black. That's all.
What I'd really like to know is how Hispanic GZ felt about the color of TM's skin. To me that's all that should matter.

50 years ago, the "N" word was a common descriptive word. Along with many others that are no longer culturally acceptable, unless used by a specific race.

And if a white kid uses the "N" word, no matter the the context or intent, they may very well get physically injured.

I don't care where you grow up. In the hood, in the sticks - doesn't matter. Ignorance and locality does not constitute acceptability.

No matter how people try to excuse the behavior, it is NOT acceptable for one or the other.

Equality is about applying equal standards for all people and classes.

I am just incredulous at the subjective application of using racial epitaphs.

I'm my common-sense opinion.

Excellent post. And I'm from a mixed race family. That chit don't fly around here.

When I first heard of this case, I though George was guilty and now a year later IMO, it turns out he was telling the truth about that happened.

And the one thing that pisses me off more than anything is that Angela Corey knew this all along and from the very beginning.

JMO

Eye witness said TM was on top of GZ leaning over him and his arms were going down like he was punching him.
He could not see the blows because of the way they were turned.

But come on. Common sense should tell everyone that those were blows.
Why else would TM's arms have been going down as if he was using the "ground and pound" method.

If you think those weren't punches, what is your theory of what he was doing swinging his arms downward towards GZ's head?

JMO

I have had blows to me, this man IMO in no way had blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL