George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big mistake. I honestly think he meant to threaten TM in some way to get him out of his neighborhood. I think he thought with his gun TM would not fight back and he would control the situation, but instead TM responded aggressively at this man who was coming up to him and the two got into a fight, GZ used his gun instead of his hands and then claimed self defense.

If you follow someone and start a fight that you physically can't win does that justify killing them?

I don't know. I just don't know. MO

I just don't understand why George didn't think that the suspicious person could have had a weapon also. Why would he place himself in danger on this night when he didn't on the other occasions? He probably could have followed along the road in his car and watched where Trayvon went. He would have at least been able to give the police a general area of location. Imo.

He had a legal right to carry his gun, He has a legal CCC permit.

This is a fact

*IMO!*
I have a legal right to Bungee Jump.
Does not mean I (personally) think it is a wise practice.

Please do not attack me gun advocates.
I have no issue if you enjoy owning and using them.
I just feel some people are not thoughful enough about what it means to responsibly own one.
*IMO!*

TX, I agree this could be a possible reason TM *may* not have heading straight home. (IMO, there is no way of knowing whether this is the case or not, that he did, or did not head straight home).

What I am finding difficult to understand, is why some people think this has anything to do with the crime.

It sounds as if some think that it is TM's fault he is dead because he didn't walk faster.

This is a point of view I cannot find any way to relate to or understand on any level.

Somehow it is ok that GZ is following someone who has done nothing wrong, carrying a gun, and I guess he would not have had to shoot TM if TM had just gotten home sooner.

:truce:

It means that TM did indeed come up behind GZ - just as he said - and that GZ did not stalk, chase, profile, etc. TM.

Regardless of my opinions on this case, I am absolutely shocked at the disrespect this witness is showing to the court. I have found myself staring at the screen several times in disbelief with my mouth agape at some of her actions and comments.

I'm equally shocked that the judge has not admonished her for it. Am i wrong in expecting more from this judge? I rejoiced when the judge FINALLY advised her to wait until the questions were asked before responding. People talking over each other makes me anxious. The judge warned the DT several times, but not the witness previously.

If I were a juror, I would be put off by this witness. I would feel if she can be this flippant during a very serious court proceeding, I would not feel comfortable in believing that she has provided a truthful account of what she experienced. The only part of her testimony I would take into consideration is the letter written to the victim's mother, but it would be taken with a grain of salt.

My hat is off to the court reporter, I imagine her going home and having a very stiff drink at the end of her work day.

Teenagers (especially boys) wander and walk slow, they just do. It takes my 14yo DS 10 minutes to walk home from our park 1 block away. IMO, it's more suspicious for an adult man to be following a teen boy for several minutes. I think most would agree that this is suspicious if GZ was an RSO. IMO.

Not if that adult man was part of the NW program, who lived in a neighborhood that had seen multiple crimes and who in fact had tried to call in those crimes.

I heard that also. So glad you did, I thought I was hearing things.

At least she didn't burp like a witness in JA's trail did....a few times! :floorlaugh:

Forget the permit. The point is George would have never chased this man without a gun.

Now how would you possible know that? There is no evidence that GZ chased TM. None. There is no evidence that GZ chased anyone prior with or without a gun.

Did she just call West retarded? :giggle:

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD

If she seriously can't follow this extremely simple, straight forward line of questions, I do NOT understand how or why she's being allowed to testify. jmo

Big mistake. I honestly think he meant to threaten TM in some way to get him out of his neighborhood. I think he thought with his gun TM would not fight back and he would control the situation, but instead TM responded aggressively at this man who was coming up to him and the two got into a fight, GZ used his gun instead of his hands and then claimed self defense.

If you follow someone and start a fight that you physically can't win does that justify killing them?

I don't know. I just don't know. MO

There is no evidence that GZ came up behind TM. We only have GZ's statement that it was TM who came up behind him. People may think or imagine whatever they want but there is no evidence of such.

Again, we can argue about what she's saying, but there is a reason why you tell witnesses to be on the best behavior in the courtroom. It does have an effect on the jury.

*IMO!*
I have a legal right to Bungee Jump.
Does not mean I (personally) think it is a wise practice.

Please do not attack me gun advocates.
I have no issue if you enjoy owning and using them.
I just feel some people are not thoughful enough about what it means to responsibly own one.*IMO!*

BBM If you're talking about the person who leaves the firearm out where a young child can get it; or leaves the house unlocked so that a burglar can take it to sell on the street for someone else to commit a crime, then I agree, Yes.

You can certainly not be talking about someone using his legally concealed weapon to defend his own life. That would make no sense. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn