George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so painful.

I understand she has got to be beyond frustrated at the repeated questioning over the same events over and over and over.

But this passive aggressive 'Sir' business is so rude.

Find me any evidence that says George was chasing Trayvon with a gun.

GZ said on the call that he was following him and later can be heard running. I believe that it is undisputed that he had a holstered gun when he shot TM. I'm not sure what more evidence you need? IMO.

No, he was suspicious because he fit the description of the person(s) who had burglarized the neighborhood.

Please do not put words in my mouth. As I have stated, it wouldnt have matter if he was purple...

We live in an extremely rural area, and in the past, when we've had an issue with car break-in's, all of my neighbors along our road were 'neighborhood watching' for suspicious people, especially after dark, when most break-in's occur.

Fear that your life is at risk has to be reasonable though. The trial will determine if it was reasonable for GZ to respond the way he did. His 911 calls seem paranoid to me, NW or not. I don't trust his judgment personally.

The LE who arrived on scene first did CPR on TM while the crowd including GZ watched. What kind of judgment is that??? :banghead:

What do you mean, what kind of judgement is that?

Law enforcement did not arrive until after this specific incident and, while he was on the phone with dispatch, He mentions that the perpetrators 'always get away.' That suggests to me that LE response to the crime in that neighborhood is not prompt.

It means that most burglary suspects get away. Ninety nine percent of the time the perp is long gone when the homeowner returns home and discovers they've been robbed.

No shock or surprise there!

Forget the permit. The point is George would have never chased this man without a gun.

In your opinion, of course. Since none of has predictive powers over the mind or actions of anyone else, yes?

He had it in a holster on his body I thought.

He did have it in his holster, it was concealed and he did not pull it out and shoot until he absolutely had to in order to save his life.

JMO

Find me any evidence that says George was chasing Trayvon with a gun.

Verb: Pursue in order to catch or catch up with: "police chased the stolen car"; "the dog chased after the stick".

Noun: An act of pursuing someone or something.

Synonyms:
verb. pursue - hunt - follow - run - chevy
noun. hunt - pursuit - hunting - shooting - chasing

This has already been settled. GZ was following TM, and GZ was carrying a gun. That's chasing someone with a gun.

GZ said on the call that he was following him and later can be heard running. I believe that it is undisputed that he had a holstered gun when he shot TM. I'm not sure what more evidence you need? IMO.

"Chasing" has a completely different connotation than following or watching a person from a distance. It's a more aggressive term, and we have not seen evidence at this point to show he was "chasing" anybody.

IMO

The only evidence I am aware of is GZ's statement that he was returning to his vehicle after losing sight of TM and he - GZ -was approached from behind. There is absolutely no evidence that GZ cut TM off between houses or anywhere.

THen he would have been safely back to his car well before TM ran into him.

He wasn't.

He would have been back in his car before he got off the phone with 911 if he wasn't still looking for him.

I don't know how anyone can refute that as it is evidence that has been presented.

Fear that your life is at risk has to be reasonable though. The trial will determine if it was reasonable for GZ to respond the way he did. His 911 calls seem paranoid to me, NW or not. I don't trust his judgment personally.

The LE who arrived on scene first did CPR on TM while the crowd including GZ watched. What kind of judgment is that??? :banghead:

You're welcome to your opinion - we all got 'em. I think when a man is getting his head bashed on concrete it is reasonable for him to see that this may end his life. As for GZ not assisting in giving first aid to TM, you can reference back to my previous sentence: he had his head bashed on concrete, and I believe the cops were onsite quickly afterwards.

We disagree, and that's all good. MOO

So if someone starts a fight with someone else and that person that initiated the fight winds up dead, it's still the person who pulled the trigger's fault?

It depends, there have been many cases where justifiable homicide is necessary and many cases where people go to jail. That's why we have trials and a jury system to figure out the facts.

UUMMMM...what's the point of this question about "getting out of the car".

I mean, we KNOW he got out of the car...or he wouldn't have been able to shoot Trayvon!

Makes NO SENSE!

Except as pointed out by other posters...he was NOT ON DUTY that night!!

In fact, from my understanding, GZ didn't do patrol at all. I could be wrong.

I will go further to say that I don't think that the NW Program was actually all that official. But that's my opinion, based on my perception. LOL!!

It doesn't matter, he still lives there if he would of saw a crime, it's not like he's going to look the other way. He wasn't just an average resident, he was part of the NW, he had been conditioned to look to what he percieved as trouble.

My thanks button is acting crazy again...and I am sick of refreshing just so I can thanks.

Rude? Maybe. But consider yourself thanked. LOL!!

Doesn't prove who started the initial assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER