Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared:

Maybe someone can help me understand this, b/c I don't get it.

Hy didn't GZ wnt to give his address to NEN? What does giving his address via phone have to do with "here the suspicious person" was? Did he think he would be overheard? To be overheard wouldn't the overhearing party be within sight?

IIRC, GZ said a similar thing on another 911 call. He seems paranoid about identifying himself (e.g., "George" but no "Zimmerman" until prompted), and hesitant to ID his address/whereabouts, e.g., "have them call me."

IMO

I also found this behavior odd, Boodles. After all, he is a publicly acknowledged member of Neighborhood Watch. He has been designated as the guy in the NW to call if you see something suspicious.

He has contacts in LE who know he is acting in this capacity.

So why try to keep your identity/location out of the call?

Does he think the guy outside he is calling about can overhear him in his house/car? Or some criminals are listening on a police scanner?

I don't know why this bothers me, but it strikes me as very odd, given his willingness to engage a 'suspicious' person on the fatal night.

I volunteer at a high school. I can tell you being around teenagers all day, I can see why RJ thinks Treyvon would have told her he was going to confront the guy. I can actually hear him saying something to the effect of "I'm gonna take care of this ***" or something to that effect. He has been telling her to that point what was going on, why would it be hard to believe he would tell her he was going to take care of the guy?

I do believe they got into a fight, I'm not positive who started it. I think, IMO ONLY, that maybe George did confront him, possibly tried to grab him and a fight insued.
:seeya: Okay Websleuthers, what do we know about dangerous situations? Remember the FLIGHT or FIGHT response of our primitive brains? TM tried fleeing and it didn't work. Maybe he then went into fight mode. Maybe he threw the first punch. Maybe he was "mounted" on GZ with flailing arms throwing punches. But somewhere in this scenario the tables must have turned because GZ could not have pinned TM's fist, reached into his waistband and got his gun, and the shot TM at point blank range while rolling out from under him. There was no blood on GM's shirt or front, and TM was face down clutching his chest when the first responders got there.
So there is still a lot to think about and many witnesses to follow. Be cool. :truce:

As I am understanding it, he was TM was telling Rachel his actions at the time, that he was walking home, that the man was following him, etc. So I don't think it's completely unreasonable that she would think he would have continued this narration if he chose to confront GZ.

jmo.

I agree. I don't know how many times I get a call from someone on a cell phone and they tell me everything they're in the process of doing...."Walking to the vegetable isle", "this person just cut me off", "where did I put my keys", "this guy is flirting with me", "hold on, I just missed my turn".......and then you're privy to conversations they have with others while they still have you on the line.
I don't need nor do I want a cell phone. I usually tell people to call me back when they get home (to a LAND LINE). I don't appreciate being someone's "virtual company" while they're out and about. JMO.

I was thinking the same thing, Snoods!

I remember all the experiments during the Ant trial. :)

:giggle: Great minds and all that! Quit laughing everyone, that's right great minds.

I wasn't around for the Ant trial, but that sounds um....different!

Tulessa I'm so sorry about your arm. It's so difficult to do anything with only one arm. I hope you heal quickly! :getwell:

Negative.

Let's go back to your post:

What is your definition?

Pursue in order to catch or catch up with​

"IN ORDER TO" makes the second part necessary. It is not a strawman argument when using the definition you provided to show that you have not met all of the elements of the definition to call it that factually.

Yes, let's go back to my post:

Verb: Pursue in order to catch or catch up with: "police chased the stolen car"; "the dog chased after the stick".

Noun: An act of pursuing someone or something.

Synonyms:
verb. pursue - hunt - follow - run - chevy
noun. hunt - pursuit - hunting - shooting - chasing

This has already been settled. GZ was following TM, and GZ was carrying a gun. That's chasing someone with a gun.

Do you see how you've selectively quoted the original post in order to make an invalid point?

If she seriously can't follow this extremely simple, straight forward line of questions, I do NOT understand how or why she's being allowed to testify. jmo

Because thankfully, our justice system understands that our populace is severely under educated these days- and we cannot exclude that large percentage of human beings from participating or receiving justice merely because our country's education system has also failed them. Just how much do you suggest we marginalize the poorly educated? Honestly, she seems more credible and intelligent than Frank Taffe.

Tripped while picking fresh lettuce, and no, the grass wasn't wet. :)

Not nearly as bad as stepping on your Service Dog's toy and dislocating and shattering your ankle in 3 places requiring much hardware to put it back together!

Talk about feeling like an IDIOT!!!!!

At least you were doing something productive and healthy! LOL!!

Speedy recovery...and FYI, I have zero lasting issues (thus far of course, 6 years out) and needed NO REHAB!!!!

JMO
but racial profiling would be seeing an AA male out and assuming he is up to no good simply because he is AA and a male.

In this particular case it wasn't racial profiling it was fitting the description of recent suspects. If those suspects had been white then he would not have fit and would not have been deemed suspicious.
jmo

Ok, Racial profiling is using someone's skin color as evidence of grounds for suspicion.

You might not like the word. But that is what he was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GZ is not a reasonable person, IMO.
Off the top of my head, Diane Downs shot herself in the arm to validate her attacker story...
IMO

Where there witnesses all around her when she did that? Not comparable, witnesses saw him get off TM, we heard it yesterday. Where is this theory coming from.

Law enforcement did not arrive until after this specific incident and, while he was on the phone with dispatch, He mentions that the perpetrators 'always get away.' That suggests to me that LE response to the crime in that neighborhood is not prompt.

Calls submitted on the NEN (in any neighborhood) do not get the priority that 911 calls do. It does take longer for LE to arrive on a NEN call. And that's because no immediate crime or danger is apparent at the time of the call. If GZ had called 911 there may have been a quicker response. But he knew that he couldn't call 911 because there was no immediate crime or danger present. Only a suspicion that there may be. I believe this is why GZ makes reference to TM's behavior on the NEN call. Saying and emphasizing that TM looked like he was on drugs, had his hand in his waistband, etc. was to give the impression to NEN that even though no crime was being committed they needed to get there quickly. It can take hours for police to respond to an NEN call. GZ knew that because he has made so many calls to the NEN in the past.

Two of our sleuthers need to do a wet grass test over the phone!

I'm sure somebody will. I would offer but I do well tripping enough without wet grass :floorlaugh:

I didn't really understand about Rachel not being able to read the letter she wrote. Did someone else write it in cursive? I just didn't get that. imo

"Just a guest"

He's a free American citizen

???

Isn't it more suspicious to see someone slinking around buildings and not going directly to a location?
yes and I wonder, does he have a room at this house? and since he was a guest in the neighborhood george would not have recognized him and put him on alert. Just the other day I was driving into my neighborhood and there was someone walking to the main road who was not a regular....really stuck out.

May I add that he was more than a guest he was visiting his mother to be and his dad. I think it's great that a kid that age was trying to get along with his step mother to be and wanted to be with his dad. I hope that my family views me more than a guest. From what I understand he went to the store for his little brother. I'm not sure if that was his step brother or biological brother, but he was being a good big brother either way.

oh I doubt this was a happy family visit...he was in trouble.

Not nearly as bad as stepping on your Service Dog's toy and dislocating and shattering your ankle in 3 places requiring much hardware to put it back together!

Talk about feeling like an IDIOT!!!!!

At least you were doing something productive and healthy! LOL!!

Speedy recovery...and FYI, I have zero lasting issues (thus far of course, 6 years out) and needed NO REHAB!!!!

Good for you. I had knee surgery last year for "prior trauma". I tend to fall when on vaycay. In stores. Out of stores. That kind of thing :floorlaugh:

This witness said that Trayvon told her that he was at the back of his father's girlfriend's house. How could this be true if he ended up WAY up the sidewalk a few minutes later?

George would have been seen by neighbors if he had tried hitting his head on the concrete because he had killed Trayvon. There is zero evidence to prove that he did this. Wait until the prosecution shows Zimmerman's interviews and the walk-through. I think that is the only way they may be able to show that he lied about something.

It also does not give one the right to punch somebody, break their nose and bash somebodies head on the sidewalk.

JMO

Can anyone provide a link that says GZ's nose was actually broken? I keep seeing this being said but I don't recall that his nose was actually broken. Was it actually broken?

He was not given a gun, He legally purchased it, He has a legal right to carry it. He had a legal CC permit.

This is a fact.

Again, I don't care about the permit. This man had a sense of empowerment that that caused him to overreact in a tense situation. This confrontation would never have happened if the gun was in the gun store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf