George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nearly as bad as stepping on your Service Dog's toy and dislocating and shattering your ankle in 3 places requiring much hardware to put it back together!

Talk about feeling like an IDIOT!!!!!

At least you were doing something productive and healthy! LOL!!

Speedy recovery...and FYI, I have zero lasting issues (thus far of course, 6 years out) and needed NO REHAB!!!!

True, but I'm reminded daily by dh, that only I, could trip over Lettuce and break an ankle. :floorlaugh:

Oh for heaven's sake. Wanting to square the circle doesn't necessarily mean someone thinks GZ is a blood thirsty crazed racist. Some people just can't get over a dead unarmed kid walking home from the minimart part, and race has nothing to do with it. More the diy do-gooder gets himself in over his head thing.

You're right, people can't get over that he was unarmed and can't for one second conceive that he could of possibly initiated the fight.

Because he was unarmed.......

And before anyone else says, we'll GZ had a gun, point to any evidence, including the witness that is on the stand now, that proves that TM knew GZ had a gun before the fight.

Yes, let's go back to my post:

Do you see how you've selectively quoted the original post in order to make an invalid point?
What are you talking about? There is a definition posted. That's all that's relevant. Including the rest has no impact on whether or not the criteria contained within the definition is met.

It is not, therefore your claim of chasing is an opinion. I don't see what's wrong with that. It just means that the second part has not been factually proven yet.

I think GZ is going to have to take the witness stand to tell his side of this. I really wonder if his defense team will allow that. If he does then he will be questioned by the prosecutor. I hope he does.

It's just my opinion, but I see it a little differently. I think it would be racial profiling if, there were burglaries in the community -- and no suspects at all were identified -- and GZ thought this AA guy was suspicious. Hey, then he wouldn't have any reason to suspect an AA individual, so why on earth would he? Racial profiling.

But when a suspect in the robbing of a home is an AA guy, then yeah, RZ (or just about anyone who is honest to admit) would be suspicious of TM.

My word, if a middle-aged Caucasian woman, who has a fondness for chocolate and is overweight were a suspect in the burglaries, then go ahead, and let the NW person call me in, follow me even. MOO

Somewhat off topic.

Katie...you have repeatedly called George Zimmerman (GZ) RZ.

Do you know something we don't? I think his father's name is Robert. Is George a nickname and you are using his given name?

I hope this doesn't come off as anything but curious - not antagonistic or condescending or corrective. I mean honestly none of those things!

Linda, do you know where I can watch this?

TorisMom posted this yesterday, I have it bookmarked to watch all at once when I get a chance.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9600383&postcount=987"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #2[/ame]

ETA- A complilation of 911 call, walk through video, and police station interview, in case anyone does not want to click, but wants to know what is contained within the link.

So you don't think George would have been seriously injured or killed?

JMO

Nope, I think he fell/ran into a tree and was angry that "the <self snip> punk was getting away.

JMO, IMO MOO

UUMMM...that would mean in my example that GZ would be dead.

George put himself into the situation. Someone else is now dead. George needs to pay the price for that.

NOTHING LIKE BLAMING THE VICTIM!

Of course, we have seen victim blaming of Trayvon. It has been repeatedly stated here that if he wasn't up to anything bad, he would have been home already.

If he thought he was being followed, he should have gone home.

Except common sense and recommendations of Law Enforcement tell you...if someone is following you, going home where there is no adult and only a smaller child is NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

Couldn't agree more.
You expressed that so very well!! Thanks for speaking for many of us.

I am beginning to think that the Defense & Prosecution are in cahoots Because not only is Rachel Gentell being verbally bullied, the pros is seldom objected to it.

She has shown great patience for a 19 yr old, even though at times, she has lost her kewl, and who wouldn't when the Defense has totally lost sight of the F A C T that she lost her friend the night in Question...and from what Commentators and legal experts are saying, her Testimony fits Perfectly with the 911 call GZ made just before killing TM.

Again, I don't care about the permit. This man had a sense of empowerment that that caused him to overreact in a tense situation. This confrontation would never have happened if the gun was in the gun store.

Where's the evidence to suggest or show he had a sense of empowerment?

JMo

A man going "hunting" takes a gun and two flashlights. A man going to Target takes his wallet and keys. :twocents:

Somewhat off topic.

Katie...you have repeatedly called George Zimmerman (GZ) RZ.

Do you know something we don't? I think his father's name is Robert. Is George a nickname and you are using his given name?

I hope this doesn't come off as anything but curious - not antagonistic or condescending or corrective. I mean honestly none of those things!

George Michael Zimmerman is is legally given name.

Ok, Racial profiling is using someone's skin color as evidence of grounds for suspicion.

You might not like the word. But that is what he was doing.

Wait. I thought the state's case did not include race in the profiling. I thought they are asserting that GZ profiled TM as "suspicious", "criminal", stuff like that, because of the burglaries and other things happening in and around his life and he'd formed an mental impression of what those perps looked like and behaved like, and that they "always got away" therefore he would not rely on LE to apprehend them this time.

Can anyone provide a link that says GZ's nose was actually broken? I keep seeing this being said but I don't recall that his nose was actually broken. Was it actually broken?

Zero evidence of a broken nose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372353014.255226.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372353028.717478.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372353048.300521.jpg

No x-ray.

So if someone starts a fight with someone else and that person that initiated the fight winds up dead, it's still the person who pulled the trigger's fault?

There's no way to know who started the fight. No eye witnesses to that account. According to Rachel/Dee Dee, GZ made first body contact with TM while she was on the phone with him. She says she heard TM say "get off". It just depends on which one you want to believe, GZ or Rachel (on behalf of TM). I don't think we will know for sure who started the fight.

Are you saying that while I am having a conversation with my Mom on the phone, and I hear her drop the ice in her glass for her vodka, I couldn't possibly hear that and still be hearing her words and following them?

Or that I can't hear a dog barking in someone's backyard while I am on the phone with them and still be having a conversation?

This is someone who knows she is talking to someone who is being followed. IMO, her all of her senses would be heightened!!

I guess I am not following what your point is here.

It sounds like you are saying that she couldn't be talking to him, and hear what was going on in the background, too?

That makes no sense to me as someone who has no training in anything.

No. I'm saying that without all your senses working together, your accuracy is negatively affected. We don't just hear with our ears, we are using sight, smell, touch, and sound to perceive the world, i.e., multisensory perception.

My husband is a musician. He prides himself on his auditory ability. However, he regularly confuses another co-worker with me when she answers the phone. Why? Because he only has one sense (auditory) in play. He is lacking the input from the rest of his senses. Another example, the *taste* of food/drink changes when you have a cold. That's because your sense of smell is not working. We don't just taste with our taste buds alone. Yet another example, have you ever watched the show "Hell's Kitchen"? They have a challenge where the chef's are blindfolded and have to guess what they are eating. You'd be amazed how many chef's don't pass this challenge.

IMO, there is no way the witness could definitively tell if she heard wet grass because she was using only one sense: auditory. She could have been hearing the sound of fabric, the sound of wind, the sound of rain, the sound of breathing, footsteps scuffling on the sidewalk, or a mix of all those things. As a matter of fact, I find it ludicrous that the state's "ear witnesses" have even been allowed. IMO, it just doesn't jibe with scientific studies of multisensory (many senses) vs. unimodal (single sense) perception.

This witness said that Trayvon told her that he was at the back of his father's girlfriend's house. How could this be true if he ended up WAY up the sidewalk a few minutes later?

George would have been seen by neighbors if he had tried hitting his head on the concrete because he had killed Trayvon. There is zero evidence to prove that he did this. Wait until the prosecution shows Zimmerman's interviews and the walk-through. I think that is the only way they may be able to show that he lied about something.

She said he was by the back. She testified to this just a short while go in court.

And the pros will probably not show the video walk through by GZ. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think it's admissible per a legal analyst (Bill Schaeffer) I heard this morning.

this is all making the state and mr. crump look extremely shady and unprofessional. i am disgusted.

if i'm the state, i would ask for a directed verdict from the judge, not that she would agree but that's what I would do, and I'm sure they will.

For those of you that don't know what wet grass sounds like, have not lived. Just sayin............ :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2