George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T for this thread: Just read that Dylan Redwine's remains were found :(

So this witness is saying George was on top when she saw them? I am having a hard time following...probably because I am getting antsy and want to go watch Big Brother, but I am sticking it out here. Too hard to catch up if I don't! LOL!!

O/T Hi, my name is Snoods and I'm a Big Brother addict! All I get is eyerolls from my friends and family when I talk about it so I know how you feel!

Can you try and find his records?

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.​
So, he was convicted of a non-violent crime.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.​
This is not a criminal action in a criminal court. It was resolved with both parties being issued restraining orders against each other. There is no indication domestic violence charges were even filed at any point in time.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.​
My mistake. He wasn't even convicted of speeding. Only charged. So he has only been convicted of "resisting a police officer without violence".

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite

Except, all he was ever convicted of was a non-violent offense and speeding.

There is no such thing as non-violent assault. GZ has a recorded history of being charged with assault. That he takes classes to address the action does not negate that the action took place.

Can you provide a source that says he took anger management classes as a result of anything related to his girlfriend?

I was posting off another post so ask THAT poster to show link. I was responding to THEIR statements.

To me, the whole case hinges on one fact. The police told GZ to stop following TM. He disobeyed.

911 operators are not police. they have no authority over a caller.

His body wasn't that close to the sidewalk

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/wp-cont...n_George-Zimmerman_Crime-Scene-Photos_003.jpg

it isn't? define "close", then?

plus, the body was turned over at one point, correct? which way was he rolled? closer to, or away from the sidewalk?

According to the medical report from the next day, about 14 hours later, the injuries to the back of his head were two in number. One was 2 centimeters, about 3/4 of an inch, and the second one was .5 centimeters, about 1/5 of an inch. Furthermore, he reported no headache, no dizziness, no blurred vision, etc. So his injuries were not serious, not life-threatening.

His head was described as normocephalic (normal) and atraumatic (unclear why this word was used as the definition seems to refer to a medical procedure rather than an injury).

GZ had very short hair at that time. According to him, his head was banged on the pavement multiple times. Yet he had only two very small scratches which required no stitches. Maybe he cut himself shaving?

link to report
:http://www.scribd.com/doc/99022693/George-Zimmerman-Medical-Report

Just clicking on the "Thanks" is not sufficient. This gets my award for "Post of the Day."

Yup! It's a very faint swishing noise. Thank you DH!! When dryer conditions are around, it will be more of a faint crackle. HTH! DH didn't believe me, when I told him I could hear it snow. It may have something to do with my Cherokee bloodline. I dunno.

Yes, but what KIND of grass do you have?? LOL!

I live in the Orlando area and a lot of the houses here have St. Augustine grass, which could make a different sound than, say, Centipede grass.

Haha!

There is no such thing as non-violent assault. GZ has a recorded history of being charged with assault. That he takes classes to address the action does not negate that the action took place.
This is untrue.

He was convicted of resisting an officer with non-violence. This was then expunged after a year because he took diversion program.

Being "charged" with anything does not indicate a history of anything.

I further object to your use of pluralities, when he was only charged once with a violent act from what we know and this was reduced to a non-violent offense in court.

The charges being dropped because he took, in one case, substance abuse classes and, in the other case, anger management classes​

So, which was it? I don't see multiple cases...

Actually, thanks for asking that question. I see references both to an alcohol education class, and also to anger management. Perhaps they're the same class, and I mistook them as two classes?

Actually, thanks for asking that question. I see references both to an alcohol education class, and also to anger management. Perhaps they're the same class, and I mistook them as two classes?
That would be my understanding.

He only had one conviction, and he took a pre-trial diversion class to get it expunged at a later date (a year, I think). I've seen it reported as both, so I'm not sure which it actually was - why I only refer to it as a diversion program now. :wink:

His charges were dropped..... every single one.

This is a fact and the defense has the records to prove it.

He took anger management classes.

They were not dropped iirc...

He was placed in a diversion program.

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious (and this isn't directed at anyone in particular despite that it may fall near a discussion of GZ's injuries) why the "degree" of GZ's injuries is important.

If I'm getting beat up, am I supposed to wait to defend myself until my injuries are sufficient to prove that I was being beaten to "X" degree?

I seem to read/hear a lot of perspectives of, "Yeah, well GZ may have been punched a few times, but TM is dead, so GZ's injuries don't matter because they were minor in comparison." (not word-for-word but you get the idea)

Any snark is unintentional.

When I scroll down to that map honestly that seems really far fetched to me.
1. If TM is trying to loose someone why stay in full view on the street. What he said he did and go through back of houses makes more sense. So cut through somewhere IMO.

2. If they took those routes why did TM go past his house? I get the whole you don't want some creepy person to know where you live BUT he thought he lost him and he's at the end "right behind his house". IMO if it were me? I don't care who's home I'm getting myself in that house behind a locked door. Then when he catches up he wouldn't know which house I went into anyway. JMO

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/23/3413343/

Wasn't TM suspended for fistfighting (aka violent assault) and texted friends about an after school assault/fight?

One of Trayvon’s cellphone pictures shows two teens about to square off against one another as a third stands in the middle like a referee. Trayvon said he fought a rival who “snitched on me.”

Trayvon: “I lost da 1st round :) but won da 2nd nd 3rd.”

Friend: “Ohhh So It Wass 3 Rounds? Damn well at least yu wonn lol but yuu needa stop fighting.”

Trayvon: “Nay im not done with fool….. he gone hav 2 see me again.”

Friend: “Nooo… Stop, yuu waint gonn bee satisified till yuh suspended again, huh?”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/...ghts-and-guns-trayvon-text.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nhommesss