George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there might be. Some here have said that the bullet hit his heart and it exploded. That would have caused Trayvon to lose consciousness instantly. That's a medical fact. The same thing happens to people who have sudden heart attacks. One second fine, the next second, they're gone.

Thanks, just didn't know if I missed something.

In court his NW trainer told him to call every time.. No matter what if anything is suspicious just call and let police work it out.

How many calls has no bearing at all on anything other than the fact that he was following protocol every time.. IMO

Is following protocol require honoring what dispatch suggests?

Overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

Lets remember this:

1. Trayvon's dad originally said that was not his sons voice yelling for help and changed his mind.

2. Trayvon's mom said this was a tragic accident and then recanted.

3. Zimmerman passed a voice stress analysis at the police station--indicated he was telling the truth.

4. The recorded interview that Zimmerman did matches exactly to what witness Goodman said.

5. Witness Rachel said that Trayvon got to his "daddy's fiance's house."

6. Witness Selene, who lives on the same side of the street as the Martin Townhouse, heard running from 'left to right' which was heading back toward the T-intersection and not toward Trayvon's house. In other words the actions weren't heading toward Trayvon's house, but coming back to the T-intersection, Trayvon runs the 100-yard dash in under 10-seconds and to walk it just takes 45-seconds and had plenty of time to get home. If he was already near home as Rachel's points out, why did he got back to the T-intersection?

7. Goodman saw Trayvon on top going MMA style on Zimmerman, indicating that's why Zimmerman had significant 'fighting' injuries, and Zimmerman had no 'fighting' injuries.

8. Grass stains were on Zimmerman's back clothes, and Trayvon's knees, indicating most of the action was Trayvon on top.

9. Goodman testifies that the action moved toward from the grass to the concrete sidewalk.

10. The reason some people saw Zimmerman on top was because it was after the shot was because he spread his hands and he told Martin not to move.

11. We also know that the early pic of Trayvon were him as a young child--not the strong HS football player that once carried his dad out of a building.

12. Rachel also said Zimmerman was the 'heavy-breathed' guy. Why does a guy out of breath start a fight, makes no sense.

Clearly as some experts are now saying this case shouldn't have been brought because it is a clear case of self-defense. Martin was already home according to Rachel but chose to head back toward the T-intersection running left to right pass Selene's townhouse.

This statement read in court doesn't make sense. GZ's version. GZ says he was on top of Trayvon, spread out Trayvon's arms and hands, asked someone to help him apprehend Trayvon. Ummm...Trayvon was dead. He didn't move after and his hands were tucked under his body. How did his body end up that way. Doesn't line up to GZ's story.

Have you read how many times GZ called 911 in the past?

Yes indeed, even posted links to the 46 or so times. IMO
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ghborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch
Don't know how anyone would find the time.

Do you really think TM would advance and assault GZ with his fists if he knew GZ had a loaded gun?

No he wouldn't have (IMO). He didn't know, and that is why he proceeded to beat the crap out of GZ (also IMO). When TM saw the gun (as per GZ), he reached for it. IMO, TM would have killed GZ if he had the chance, even if he were on top of GZ. If that had happened, would it be self defense on TM's part?
Would he have been charged? If not, would Sharpton and Jackson have held rallies on GZ's behalf? I think not. We all see this case within the prism of our individual lives.

I give GZ a lot of credit. I would have emptied my gun if I were in his position.

I don't ever see my young black friends using the term "homey."

Just to chime in briefly on this, "homey" is a rather dated slang term. I remember my friends using this back when I was barely into high school, and that was nearly 20 years ago. It's the kind of thing that, imo, an older person might say to making something sound like it came from a younger person, thinking it's how the kids are still talking when it's not. Adolescent slang has a pretty fast turnover rate, and once a term has gone mainstream (e.g. you hear it being used on a tv show), it's almost guaranteed that the kids aren't really saying it anymore.

Edit: Wow, now that I think about it, it was OVER 20 years ago - I started high school in 1990. I feel super old now.

Then it is even more shocking to me, as I said before, that people have totally written off the possibility that Trayvon felt scared/threatened/uneasy upon realizing he was being followed in a car.

You and I agree on uneasy. I would hope he felt uneasy. That's why I'd asked earlier if parents still teach their children to remove themselves from "uneasy" situations rather than "confront" uneasy situations. This is just trying to understand modern norms. Neither men were breaking the law by what they were doing, IMO.

Just did a twitter search on the word "homie"...plenty of people still use the word...

Is following protocol require honoring what dispatch suggests?

So far it sounds like he was out of the car already when Dispatch asked him not to follow him (IMO) and we learned during the trial that dispatch made a suggestion not a command. He had no legal obligation to do what dispatch told him to.
This was testified to by dispatch operator.

The autopsy showed an 1/4 x 1/8" abrasion to his left hand. Not his dominate hand and not a "cut".
IMO, it is LIKELY a defensive wound. POSSIBLY even from the sharp pin on his button while trying to stop GZ from shooting him in the heart. IMO.

Just to be clear, where does " truck " come from given Zimmerman in testimony always refers to the vehicle as his " car " , please? TIA
Oh dear :blushing: I suspect truck comes from someone who drives one (if it's not mentioned in testimony).

I have noticed in his testimonies how much Zimmerman loves to throw around TV police show terms. IMO

I agree with this statement. I was actually distracted by this same issue when listening to the statements that were presented in court.

You and I agree on uneasy. I would hope he felt uneasy. That's why I'd asked earlier if parents still teach their children to remove themselves from "uneasy" situations rather than "confront" uneasy situations. This is just trying to understand modern norms. Neither men were breaking the law by what they were doing, IMO.

No, but we kids don't always obey our parents now do we? Especially if are particularly rebellious and feeling tough.

BBM: Agreed.

Oh poo! If you have young black friends on Facebook, you'll see "homey" and tons of other expressions used every day.

Hey, let's watch that language, Gramma. :floorlaugh:

Listening to GZ's written statement: How could GZ be on top of Trayvon holding Trayvon's hands down when Trayvon's hands/arms were folded under his chest?

Hold him by the elbows/upper arms to insure he didn't move?

Have you read how many times GZ called 911 in the past?

But wasn't it noted that as the Neighborhood Watch guy, HIS job was to be the one that made those calls? I thought it was said that people called him with issues and his responsibility was to call and make the reports?

Just did a twitter search on the word "homie"...plenty of people still use the word...

This is not about whether people still use the term. My step dad still uses it. This is about the age and generational use of the term. Kids my age and teens don't use it anymore. It's out of date.

None of us really know what happened. So I feel so sorry for the jurors. The State's CIC is weak to this point. I couldn't sentence GZ to prison for murder. It's possible manslaughter because it is obvious a man lost his life in the scuffle. If it is manslaughter, IMO GZ should only get probation.

Do you really think TM would advance and assault GZ with his fists if he knew GZ had a loaded gun?

If TM was fearful enough, yes he may have wanted control of the gun. People struggle over weapons in a fight/argument IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx