George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, which is why laws should be color-blind - it cuts both ways. Taking the emotions out of this, it should really boil down to was Z or wasn't Z acting recklessly when he killed TM? Not if he had good evidence to prove he was acting in self-defense. So far, a few bruises from a 2-min fight do not look like justification for using a lethal weapon against TM.

IMHO.

Just my personal opinion, but what about if you're thinking that you're going to lose consciousness and feeling as if your head is going to explode?

Btw, I see you are brand new. Welcome to WS!

Remember GZ was not following TM, just going the same direction.
Out of GZ's mouth.

Again, the "kid" was a high school football player, IMO someone GZ couldn't overpower OR catch in a foot race.

When is somebody going to explain why TM couldn't have run back to the apartment?

He was not a High School football player. He HAD played football as a kid a few years earlier.

Okkkay. I was confused but now I understand she wasn't the ME that did the autopsy. So an ME is the best expert witness on how injuries to a live person came about? I guess that makes sense.

Who actually did the autopsy on TM?

Pure speculation on my part but I also thought the "you got me" that GZ said he heard (and that people have been disparaging him for saying) could really have been "you shot me."

I agree with the "you shot me". TM may have been shocked by GZ's act, just before his death!

I wonder if the prosecution got some of Wilmott/Nurmi's witnesses?

You know I think this is what upsets me the most about GZ. He thought TM was "suspicious" now he knows he was walking home from the store.

And there is still no regrets? Seriously, somebody's child is dead. And all this started because you were wrong. I'm willing to believe that they were both wrong that night, but evidently GZ thinks that he did nothing wrong.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he feels awful. If we are going to suppose how he feels. Just because he is not walking around weeping does not mean he does not feel bad..

Look at TM's parents.. One will look stoic and one will cry. People don't always have the emotions we think they should.

That is irrelevant IMO.

I can't believe that any teenage boy would state that he was fearful of another guy while talking to a "girlfriend". They are usu full of bravado and boasts. That's what I find wrong with RG's testimony. I believe that TM would call GZ a "creepy --- -------". That is what any teenager would say to a friend. IMO.

Just for record, it has been established and repeated by Rachel under oath in the courtroom, that she was not the " girlfriend " of Trayvon Martin.IMO It's true that she was a friend and that she is female but the term " girlfriend" stipulates another type of relationship. She seemed to think of him as a little brother. IMO

Can you please post a link to the Neighborhood Watch "Handbook" you reference? All I've ever seen is material that makes suggestions on how to start a neighborhood watch. I wasn't aware that there was any legislation anywhere that mandated 'rules' for Neighborhood Watch groups.

It was posted yesterday. I will try to find it later, when I get some time.

Hmm... The pathologist testified that GZ's injuries are consistent with perhaps a single strike against concrete (which could have been sustained in a fall), but that it's not consistent with having been repeatedly slammed against concrete, as GZ keeps insisting happened to him. I think this is a point that's been brought up on this board before, and it's interesting to hear some official testimony in that regard.

She also says that the injury to his nose is, again, probably from just a single blow, and not repeated blows, as GZ claims (unless the repeated blows were without any force).

"Very insignificant," in her words, and GZ wasn't incapacitated in any way, etc. She wouldn't even use "slamming," to describe any contact he had with the concrete; she'd use "impact."

I'm a little amused that MOM is trying to get her to say it's consistent with 2 shots, which is still nowhere near the 25 to 30 punches GZ claimed.

Remember GZ was not following TM, just going the same direction.
Out of GZ's mouth.

Yes. He was. He said that.. The Operator told him not to and he said he turned back to walk to his truck at that point..

I don't see the huge issue or discrepancy here.. OMO

What I don't understand is that GZ says that he's getting his head pounded on the concrete sidewalk and then shoots TM, but his body is laying over in the grass away from the sidewalk.

Can anyone explain this to me? TIA

George said that his head was on the sidewalk and his body was on the grass, IIRC.

Your avatar - a woman lighting a cigarette off of a cake candle on, apparently, her hundredth birthday - is the shizznit!

Hmm... The pathologist testified that GZ's injuries are consistent with perhaps a single strike against concrete (which could have been sustained in a fall), but that it's not consistent with having been repeatedly slammed against concrete, as GZ keeps insisting happened to him. I think this is a point that's been brought up on this board before, and it's interesting to hear some official testimony in that regard.

She also says that the injury to his nose is, again, probably from just a single blow, and not repeated blows, as GZ claims (unless the repeated blows were without any force).

"Very insignificant," in her words, and GZ wasn't incapacitated in any way, etc. She wouldn't even use "slamming," to describe any contact he had with the concrete; she'd use "impact."

I'm a little amused that MOM is trying to get her to say it's consistent with 2 shots, which is still nowhere near the 25 to 30 punches GZ claimed.

The only problem with that is that he had large lumps on the sides of his head and cuts on the back and side.. That can not occur in ONE blow.. OMO

The fact that GZ had his nose broken, black eyes, and injuries on the back of his head while TM had NO such injuries strongly implies OMO that TM did in fact attack GZ.

No, it doesn't indicate which party initiated the fight, even the defense isn't making the case that Z's "injuries" were potentially life-threatening. Forensics weren't able to establish that TM threw punches at Z, since there were no marks on his hands/knuckles, no DNA of Z on TM's person at all. Another vexing detail. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gymbo