George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dr. Bao remembers nothing (his words) then why is he testifying?

I don't understand the marijuana issue. I mean in my vast experience in a prior life as pothead, it typically renders a person unmotivated and sort of dulled and happy, not aggressive. Unless someone's trying to steal your Cheetoh's.

Just sayin.

Good show. It goes toward the image that GZ has projected of TM from Day 1The on drugs " up to no good" stereotype.

This morning it was learned by the jury that the victim's mother and brother are college educated. Trayvon's brother will graduate from college next year. Bad news for the defense who have tried to profile the family as black trash, IMO.

I agree.

I think what they were trying to assert is GZ's opinion that TM was acting oddly. If he were under the influence of drugs, that would validate what GZ saw.

IMHO

Correct. This judge has let her bias against the defense cloud the law and will be reversed if there is a conviction in this case. Way to go Deb!

This judge seems biased towards the benefit of the prosecution. She treats the defense quite harshly, imo. It is almost getting embarrassing. JMO

Anyone else feel like Alice in Wonderland talking to the Cheshire Cat?

It could have some effect or it could have no effect....*round and round*

BTW, IMO- Smoked for many years long ago in a galaxy far, far away. I also know quite a few people who currently indulge and it impacts their daily routine in NO detectable way. These are recreational users who have very responsible careers during the week.
They need to get off the weed issue, *IMO* it is less harmful than alcohol & prescription drugs, and those are way more abusive *IMO*
And YES, it is illegal, but I think it should not be. I think Pharm companies and Alcohol makers are far more damaging to this society....Man I sound like a hippie, huh?
I am not, I just get tired of lobbyist interest controlling my world.

Analyst is saying this is a definite appeal issue and the judge WILL be reversed 100%.....

BBM:

IMHO, a forensic pathologist CAN provide testimony as needed, the board certified pathologist IS a duly licensed M.D., has completed an medical internship and gone on to advanced residency training in pathology- anatomical & clinical (aka clinical LABORATORY medicine including toxicology).
The physician who performs the autopsy takes & evaluates ALL of the data available and SHOULD be able to defend his/her testimony with relevant referenced facts (ie. literature search, previous experience, et al)

all MOO

Thank you for the clarification, JP.

What is your opinion of this ME's testimony?

Do you have an idea of what he seems to be saying about having no memory of the autopsy? It seems like he was trying to explain and they wouldn't let him. I think it was something like, he doesn't testify based on memory, that he goes by his autopsy report to ensure he is testifying accurately.

Wonder what you think.

Dr. Bao: "I did not write the protocol. I don't know."

Say what???? It makes no difference whether or not he wrote the protocol. As an ME, he should be able to testify as to why an autopsy procedure is done.

It seems this is a real issue whether all the nails were scraped.

It sounds like they need to call the tech to the stand who did that procedure.

Dr. Klink...I know nothing! He should know every procedure, he's the boss. It doesn't matter if he doesn't do it himself. Isn't it his signature on the report.

This guy is unbelievable. He may be out of a job on Monday, IMO.

LOL, the ME says he has no experience in that "stuff" regarding protocol with fingernail scraping

Wow yet again

It happened in the Jodi Arias trial. The witness was made to take the notes out of his loose leaf, they were marked and stapled. I believe they were copied and returned but I'm not sure.

From what I get out of all this - and in my opinion - a witness can make notes to refresh their memory. After all, these trials can come years after witnessing an event.

What a witness cannot do is come to court with a script in which he/she has written down probable questions from the attorneys and their own probable answers that they will give to them.

Hope that helps. MOO

I agree.

I think what they were trying to assert is GZ's opinion that TM was acting oddly. If he were under the influence of drugs, that would validate what GZ saw.

IMHO

Yes but they can't slice it both ways. That GZ followed him because of his "odd" behavior yet he somehow escalated in to extreme aggression, while under that same "influence" and attacked Zimmerman, threatening his life.

imo

Exactly- the first thing they did was pay off a huge load of credit card debt- and yes- GZ clearly told Shellie he did not want it to go to bail. After that they splurged on a 5 BR beach house rental, cars, lots of electronics and toys. His expenses were ridiculous, and MOM was gobsmacked. IMHO.

I read that upwards of $60k has so far gone towards GZ's personal expenses. Some of that entails rent and utilities but surely not all of it. Kind of ridiculous IMO.

I don't do that
I have no opinion
I have no memory
I don't remember anything

Okay, move over Jodi, we have a winner.
(IMO)

Okay, I have a question - so it's just my seeking information based on my own opinion - If the police arrived on scene, had checked TM for a pulse, as I believe I heard - is it even important how long the ME hypothesizes he could have lived? They know when they found no pulse or breathing - in my opinion.

It was more then ten years ago but Don Crabbe ( RIP ) suffered a seizure, when they broke down his door they found him with a pulse of zero and a BP of 0/0 as well a BG of 0. Yet he was still alive, he was recovering when he had a relapse and died.

So pulse and breathing by themselves mean nothing. Not to mention that LE can miss a very low pulse or low breathing.

Yes but they can't slice it both ways. That GZ followed him because of his "odd" behavior yet he somehow escalated in to extreme aggression, while under that same "influence" and attacked Zimmerman, threatening his life.

imo

Marijuana often makes people extremely docile - but it also can make people paranoid.

Not really just my opinion, but I'll say IMHO.

If he were under the influence of very recent marijuana use he could very well be paranoid. This, of course, is just my opinion.

Dr. Klink...I know nothing! He should know every procedure, he's the boss. It doesn't matter if he doesn't do it himself. Isn't it his signature on the report.

This guy is unbelievable. He may be out of a job on Monday, IMO.

I agree. The "testifying" part of his job should be eliminated immediately. He's made a mockery out of this trial, the State, his office, etc. I'm having a very hard time watching him (and I lean more prosecution in this case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member