George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Bao: "I don't worry about the protocol... it's not my job to worry about it." :thud:

How reliable are his autopsies, and subsequent autopsy reports, then, if he isn't the least bit concerned with proper protocol?

"Have never seen a defense insult the victim's family in such a manner either..."

You haven't? Did you observe the second trial for the Christian-Newsom torture-murders? The attorneys for the defendant asserted (with no proof) that the victims came to the death house voluntarily to buy drugs and Channon Christian had "consensual" sex with her killers.

Judge Baumgartner (now in federal prison for drug offenses) allowed every bit of it.

Thankfully I missed that set of events. So, no, I haven't seen the victim's family treated in such a disrespectful manner before, in front of a judge , during a trial. O'Mara tried to convey to Mrs. Fulton that she just didn't want to admit it was GZ's cries..as if she would be able to identify GZ's voice...among other villifying manourvers. He acused her of lying...in innuendo..et al IMO

Marijuana often makes people extremely docile - but it also can make people paranoid.

Not really just my opinion, but I'll say IMHO.

If he were under the influence of very recent marijuana use he could very well be paranoid. This, of course, is just my opinion.

Well i could see that. The worst part of my pot smoking was driving...driving too slow and stopping way too far in front of stoplights out of extreme caution.

I'm confessing way too much here aren't I? Good thing I have no plans to ever run for office. ;)

Dr. Klink...I know nothing! He should know every procedure, he's the boss. It doesn't matter if he doesn't do it himself. Isn't it his signature on the report.

This guy is unbelievable. He may be out of a job on Monday, IMO.

The taxpayers, the people who fund HIS salary by their taxes, can only hope. If they don't only hope, perhaps they could do something about it - in my OPINION.

Well, he finally said it out loud. I've been thinking this man is expert at using the "not my job" excuse. He has no responsibility for anyone or anything other than his narrow job description. :stormingmad: MOO

Thankfully I missed that set of events. So, no, I haven't seen the victim's family treated in such a disrespectful manner before, in front of a judge , during a trial. O'Mara tried to convey to Mrs. Fulton that she just didn't want to admit it was GZ's cries..as if she would be able to identify GZ's voice...among other villifying manourvers. He acused her of lying...in innuendo..et al IMO

That's heartbreaking.

Well, he finally said it out loud. I've been thinking this man is expert at using the "not my job" excuse. He has no responsibility for anyone or anything other than his narrow job description. :stormingmad: MOO

The problem is, his job is NOT narrow. It involves giving expert testimony. I somehow think he's headed in a different direction professionally as of tomorrow.

West: How do you know?
ME: I don't remember

If this wasn't such a serious issue, I'd laugh and the fact that this "expert" is coming across as ridiculous is a darn shame. IMO

Marijuana often makes people extremely docile - but it also can make people paranoid.

If he were under the influence of very recent marijuana use he could very well be paranoid. This, of course, is just my opinion.

Right. It depends on the person what their reaction would be. I know people who smoked and got jumpy!

Ono

This is a disaster.

I am wondering if MEs get legal training as part of their qualification/certification process.

He needs remedial training, if so.

It seems this is a real issue whether all the nails were scraped.

It sounds like they need to call the tech to the stand who did that procedure.

IIRC prior testimony on this matter, there were only 2 swabs, and those swabs didn't indicate anything more than right & left. I believe separate swabs are to be used on each nail, aren't they?

Thank you for the clarification, JP.

What is your opinion of this ME's testimony?

Do you have an idea of what he seems to be saying about having no memory of the autopsy? It seems like he was trying to explain and they wouldn't let him. I think it was something like, he doesn't testify based on memory, that he goes by his autopsy report to ensure he is testifying accurately.

Wonder what you think.

BBM: UNIQUE, as most charitable
He has a strange approach to the courtroom process for an individual with more than ONE testimony under his belt! IMO!

My VERY HUMBLE opinion, he is stating that TM's post was part of a routine day, nothing overwhelming to imprint on his actual memory, specific, & UNDER OATH memory both today & 9 months later @ his depo.
There are some autopsies that a "mind-stickers"....I've got a few I can describe in "courtroom" language but not many that can be testified to UNDER OATH without case notes.

BIU comment: I agree!

The problem is, his job is NOT narrow. It involves giving expert testimony. I somehow think he's headed in a different direction professionally as of tomorrow.

Sorry, I meant that sarcastically. In his mind he has no responsibility......

eta
I see that I misinterpreted your post....my ability to understand has somehow been overtaxed I think.

I cannot imagine what TM's parents are thinking and feeling right now. :(

IIRC prior testimony on this matter, there were only 2 swabs, and those swabs didn't indicate anything more than right & left. I believe separate swabs are to be used on each nail, aren't they?

I don't know. This came up with the lab guy also, it was his opinion but he said he wasn't sure, that the two sticks each represented all five fingers of one hand.

But he said he wasn't sure.

BBM

Good point. I agree. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads