George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people who threaten suicide don't really want to kill themselves...they just want the pain to STOP and walk through the motions of the only solution they can think of. I know people tend to make a distinction between those who really intend to kill themselves and those who just "want attention", but I don't really think that's fair. Not having the courage to actually go through with it doesn't mean there was something illigitimate about the state of their utter despair. IMHO it's moot whether he intended to actually do it or not.
Shortened by me to save space:

Not to disrespect your opinion but your theory on this subject is exact opposite of Dr. Phil on LKL show of Jan 23, 08 . He stated that people who threaten suicide DO want to die and DO commit suicide. Regardless of what Dr. Phil believes, I think that if not found in time GA would have gone through with the act and I am greatful he was rescued before that happened. I hope he can be helped enough to keep him going throughout the trial because it will likely be the hardlest occurance he may ever have to go through. My prayers are with him.

I am glad GA is getting help. but the real question I want to know is how Casey responded to this news.

I guess until we actually can see the note there will be lots of side tracking there is no way around it. :)

However yes if the police took it then it is public record and will be available. When my roommate committed suicide I bought the police report so I could read the letter.

I'm sorry about your roommate.
Regarding GA's letter, I am curious to see what was said about KC's friends, and if this gives any further clues at all to this case.

i agree geez this is going way too far if they publish those letters .. now those arnt related to the case since they allegedly have no info about it .so how would the press have any right what so ever to publish those .. ?

Publishing these letters is way past crossing the line. GA was at the end of his rope, his darkest hour. What is this going to do to his depression when what he wrote is made public? It seems like nothing is sacred any more. GA and CA have not been charged with anything as of now. Casey is the criminal, yet her entire family has become an open book for all to see. As a human being, I find it sick that anyone would want to know GA's most private thoughts when he couldn't take the pain any longer.

Regarding GA's letter, I am curious to see what was said about KC's friends, and if this gives any further clues at all to this case.

Same here. All it probably gives clues to though is who they want to throw under the bus. Clearly they all wanted to throw JG, but I wondered why they (GA, CA,LA) didn't also cast suspicion strongly on AL the last boyfriend and his male roomies and any other men she slept with. If I didn't think Casey did it, as they insist they do not, then that line up of sex partners who had easy access to Caylee would be the first people I'd suspect.

Publishing these letters is way past crossing the line. GA was at the end of his rope, his darkest hour. What is this going to do to his depression when what he wrote is made public? It seems like nothing is sacred any more. GA and CA have not been charged with anything as of now. Casey is the criminal, yet her entire family has become an open book for all to see. As a human being, I find it sick that anyone would want to know GA's most private thoughts when he couldn't take the pain any longer.
If the letter is published, will you refuse to read it?

Be honest.

I wonder if GA is even thinking that his personal letter and text messages may be released to the public at this point? Is he going to be well enough to handle it, if they get released?

Whether we like it or not, details about the letter are and probably will continue to come out. They are in the news. I think we are allowed to discuss the news within the TOS.

I agree with you Everly. We have discussed so many other things about this man and his family! And I'm sure not all of it was our business, nor did it concern this case. I feel bad about some of the things said about George in the past, now that this has happened.

I would think that it would be standard procedure to pump a stomach also, but somehow I don't think GA's stomach was pumped. I think we would have heard that from media or BC if it was. I find it also strange that an ambulance wasn't called to take him to the hospital, wouldn't that be standard procedure also. Would LE be able to get the results of the screens for alcohol and pills, or would be that medically protected information. I would love to see just what he took and how much of it he took.

It's not as common to pump stomachs as it used to be. If it's been over 30 minutes since ingestion, most of the pills have likely passed to the small intestines.

Usually, medical treatment is to stabilize the patient until the meds wear off. In the case of Tylenol, the liver can be destroyed, but there is an antidote that can be given that can prevent this.

If George walked to the car after ingesting an unknown # of unknown blood pressure pills, he was probably in phsyically good shape.

I shouldn't even have the option to read or not read it. It's wrong.

Contact your legislators.

BTW, as the poster asked.. will you read it if available? Will you back up your principles and state that you will NOT read it?

Physically, he was obviously ok. He walked to the car and agreed to be driven to a facility without a struggle or a fight. I have no doubt, given the circumstances, that he is in desperate need of mental counselling but it seems quite obvious that he hadn't od'd to the point of being rushed to hospital.

I do see this as an overdue cry for help and I hope he gets it...And gets the hell out of Dodge!

MOO

Shortened by me to save space:

Not to disrespect your opinion but your theory on this subject is exact opposite of Dr. Phil on LKL show of Jan 23, 08 . He stated that people who threaten suicide DO want to die and DO commit suicide. Regardless of what Dr. Phil believes, I think that if not found in time GA would have gone through with the act and I am greatful he was rescued before that happened. I hope he can be helped enough to keep him going throughout the trial because it will likely be the hardlest occurance he may ever have to go through. My prayers are with him.

What I said came from a strong family history of depression. My uncle and grandmother both committed suicide. Most of my other relatives have been on anti-depressants or in therapy at some point. I minored in psychology to try and understand it better. I also have my own battles with depression that I don't want to talk about here.

Nothing I wrote contradicts what you wrote of Dr. Phil however. For every person who kills themself there are 25 people who attempt to. There is a general perception that these people "didn't really want to do it...they just want attention" and like Dr. phil I think that's completely false. People who attempt but don't follow through are usually in JUST AS MUCH DESPAIR as those who do follow through, and if that despair does not lift they will try again, or try to work up the courage to try harder. Even the people who actually die are not doing it because they love death...they are doing it because it is too painful to live. They want the pain to STOP. I did not mean to imply that they would NOT kill themselves, just that death is not the primary goal, but the only relief they can think of.

As for this case, I think George is going to have a very hard time. The pain was too much to endure. I don't think this issue has been resolved and I fear for him in the future. Many people find a cause to help them with this type of tragedy (like John Walsh and Mark Klaas) and I think he felt he had to turn to defending Casey at some point as that cause to live for. I think it's too much for him now in the face of the evidence, and he's floundering.

I hope for his sake he takes up the cause of supporting families of victims. He needs to find a way to stop the pain, if he can't then he will become another of Casey's victims.

BTW This is a great link about common suicide myths.

What I said came from a strong family history of depression. My uncle and grandmother both committed suicide. Most of my other relatives have been on anti-depressants or in therapy at some point. I minored in psychology to try and understand it better. I also have my own battles with depression that I don't want to talk about here.

Nothing I wrote contradicts what you wrote of Dr. Phil however. For every person who kills themself there are 25 people who attempt to. There is a general perception that these people "didn't really want to do it...they just want attention" and like Dr. phil I think that's completely false. People who attempt but don't follow through are usually in JUST AS MUCH DESPAIR as those who do follow through, and if that despair does not lift they will try again, or try to work up the courage to try harder. Even the people who actually die are not doing it because they love death...they are doing it because it is too painful to live. They want the pain to STOP. I did not mean to imply that they would NOT kill themselves, just that death is not the primary goal, but the only relief they can think of.

As for this case, I think George is going to have a very hard time. The pain was too much to endure. I don't think this issue has been resolved and I fear for him in the future. Many people find a cause to help them with this type of tragedy (like John Walsh and Mark Klaas) and I think he felt he had to turn to defending Casey at some point as that cause to live for. I think it's too much for him now in the face of the evidence, and he's floundering.

I hope for his sake he takes up the cause of supporting families of victims. He needs to find a way to stop the pain, if he can't then he will become another of Casey's victims.

BTW This is a great link about common suicide myths.

while others have been wonderful in this arena of helping victims --- I don't see it as good for ga...think it would be a constant reminder of what happened and keep in the same spot....I do think he needs counsel from Tim only because he has been there before and gets what GA is going thru....I also think Tim is considerate of what gets to the media about what is said...Tim appears so much more genuine than others they have hung with...
--but don't think at this time GA would be any good at helping others--he needs to much himself.

I agree, it's way past crossing the line. I hope it is not released, but that said - I know I will jump right on it to read it if published, and the way the Anthony's luck is unfolding, I fear it will be shown to us pretty soon.

I, too, wonder what it will do to his ongoing depression.

As to wanting to know his most private thoughts, I think when a person is suicidal, obviously they are not thinking rationally -- therefore, to pick one sentence out of a letter they write while in that mindset as proof of how they normally are about things would be wrong, because their "thinking" is distorted at that time. I think you are simply getting distorted thoughts.

When my friend/neighbor attempted suicide, he had only drank 2 beers. We all thought we had him talked into going for help the next day, to be driven by one of us. This was after weeks of watching him go downhill. He could make some of the most off-the-wall statements thru this period, and acted in ways not normal of him. That night, the cops were called and they came with no ambulance -- he would not let them in his home. As time went on, at a certain point, an ambulance was called and needed. He, too wrote a letter - made strange notations on his calendar - it all just showed how out-of-kilter his thinking process was at that time - and it was nothing like his thoughts/demeaner were during normal/non-crisis times. That's why I try to not judge the Anthony's actions/words soo harshly - because their crisis is of such a magnitude that I don't think it would be possible to remain "sane" and think "logically" or act "proper". Just my silly opinion on all this, of course.

The LE have kept things pretty tight in this case. At least untill they are released by the sunshine law. So....if the contents of this letter and texts are getting "leaked" now...who do you think is doing it???????

What baffles me...over and over again, is the amount of bleeding hearts who would have everyone crucified for wanting to know the contents of these communications. So far, all we know is hearsay. What IF these texts and the letter has major evidential value? What IF some people are correct in the feeling this was all one big dramatic smokescreen, and perhaps that would be proved by going over these texts and the letter with a fine toothed comb? People can scream shame on you all they like- fact is, if it is applicable, it will be shown. If not, the conversation is a bit moot, no? Thank you all for doing your best to save our souls, but really, is this the place to do that?

If the family didn't do this for a sympathy ploy, and he wanted to write about killing himself because he is broken hearted, than they can keep the messages. If he wrote about being culpable in a cover up or admits Casey is a monster and did the deed, then I might be curious.

Ditto !! This is my feelings as well. I can tell you, right now, until more unfolds about this, I'm not at all interested in reading that letter.

I'm truly surprised his own atty revealed as much as he did about the situation because if anyone should know about the 'Patient Privacy Law' it would be him..But it was the LE official (?) who found & took him to the hosp that shocked me by spilling major details about the letter/texts to every media outlet on the planet..Beyond the 'Patient Privacy Law' it's something we, the public, did NOT have a need to know.

I noticed that. I'm also very surprised BC revealed as much info. about the situation. You would think he would refuse to discuss such a delicate, personal situation. My question is why has he been so open about this??:waitasec:

I have found it necessary to STOP watching the NANCY GRACE SHOW as I think she should be censored in that it is totally wrong and it is none of her business to continually slam the Anthony Family. And I think too that we all need to show respect to the Anthony Family and their personal business. They have gone to Hell and back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo