Georgia deputies fatally shoot CNN security guard as he tried to help distressed son

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have wanted to post this thought for some time now regarding LE shootings - the first news is turning out to be contradictory if not bs every time - the first source always seems to be LE.

Imo the more incorrect, inaccurate the info LE puts out on their shootings, the better chance they have in covering what might turn out to be poor judgement by those on site. Everyone gets confused and many believe the first account they heard.

Three hostage takers? Doubt that info at the moment - it's not adding up for me. Jmo.

Have wanted to post this thought for some time now regarding LE shootings - the first news is turning out to be contradictory if not bs every time - the first source always seems to be LE.

Imo the more incorrect, inaccurate the info LE puts out on their shootings, the better chance they have in covering what might turn out to be poor judgement by those on site. Everyone gets confused and many believe the first account they heard.

Three hostage takers? Doubt that info at the moment - it's not adding up for me. Jmo.

Interesting theory, and you might be on to something. I've always thought they should come right out with the truth because having to change their story makes them seem untrustworthy, but there's something to the confusion factor and many people tend to believe LE instinctually.

In this case their first story was Bobby got the gun and pointed it at the officer who then feared for his life and shot him. That's already been changed at least once so far.

Three hostage takers doesn't make sense to me either. It's hard to know what happened without knowing how Bias ended up holding the first (and only?) hostage at gunpoint.

It seems to me that the first reports usually come in from the 911 callers. They are usually a little incorrect/mistaken. The cops go into the situation with whatever has been called in.

there isnt even a clear version of what happened available yet, why are some people so quick to rush to absolute opinions? 911 calls are often incorrect, early media reports (and reports after weeks have passed as we have all seen) are incorrect, eyewitness reports are often incorrect, and police reports are often incorrect.

i find it highly specious for anyone to be making sweeping judgments based on what is known at this point.

LE detains or arrests someone aBout a million times each year, nationwide.Some of those situations are going to get messy/mixed up/screwed up/botched. That is just how it is with high stress/volatile/ confusing situations involving multiple people with weapons.

The cops did not want that man's father to die. I am sure they are heartbroken, full of guilt and regret. But when a mentally ill man takes a gun and begins holding people hostage and refuses to comply, for over 45 minutes, things will get heated and mistakes are going to be made.

The only cases we see on here are the ones where people accuse the cops of murder. We don't see the remaining 99.75% where they did not screw it up.

I bet the cops in this case have done a good job in dozens of other cases where they had to stop someone in the middle of a crime.n this one they got their wires crossed it seems. And now some are throwing them under the bus as if they are cold blooded killers.

Highly doubt the 99.75% figure can be backed up nor do I think the first media reports on an LE shooting come from 911 callers.

Cops might go into a 911 call with incorrect info - but that is another matter not brought up so far.

Roll call has most cops starting their shift with an us vs them mentality. They will always cover each others back. This is why they have so many hours before being interviewed by internal affairs or the board after a shooting. It gives them some hours to huddle up and get their story straight while writing the reports around each other. And making sure that everything is in line before submitting each officers account of the situation. Jmo.

In my opinion, cops are ego happy and on a power trip!

Why do suspects get worked over when being arrested? Why can cops get by teasing, tantalizing, or bulling a person? Simple answer, their badge gives them all kind of unspoken rules they fly by the seat of their pants with!

I understand that each call is truly an unknown, a cops life is on the line, but what about the innocent lives that are lost when an erratic cop shoots to kill without knowing the real story?

Every cop needs a wearable video cam and an on dash cam. If they are doing their job correctly and following the rules, they have nothing to be afraid of. This will weed out the rogue cops in time. JMO.

Highly doubt the 99.75% figure can be backed up nor do I think the first media reports on an LE shooting come from 911 callers.

Cops might go into a 911 call with incorrect info - but that is another matter not brought up so far.

link here:

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...police-shootings-occur-tiny-percentage-arres/

There were 12,196,959 arrests across the country in 2012, which means the figure Flynn used -- 12,197,000 -- was rounded up only slightly.

The highest numbers of those arrests were for drug abuse violations, driving under the influence and larceny-theft.

There were also 410 cases of justifiable homicide in 2012, according to the FBI, which defines justifiable homicide as the killing of a felon by a law enforcement officer in the line of duty. For example: A police officer responding to a bank robbery alarm who shot a suspect after the suspect fired at the officer.

"It's an extraordinarily rare event. But the fact is, (in) 2012, there were 12,197,000 arrests in the United States, OK? And there were 410 uses of deadly force. Now that is, I think, three-thousands of a percent. So, it’s still an extraordinarily rare event."

LE detains or arrests someone aBout a million times each year, nationwide.Some of those situations are going to get messy/mixed up/screwed up/botched. That is just how it is with high stress/volatile/ confusing situations involving multiple people with weapons.

The cops did not want that man's father to die. I am sure they are heartbroken, full of guilt and regret. But when a mentally ill man takes a gun and begins holding people hostage and refuses to comply, for over 45 minutes, things will get heated and mistakes are going to be made.

The only cases we see on here are the ones where people accuse the cops of murder. We don't see the remaining 99.75% where they did not screw it up.

I bet the cops in this case have done a good job in dozens of other cases where they had to stop someone in the middle of a crime.n this one they got their wires crossed it seems. And now some are throwing them under the bus as if they are cold blooded killers.

Imo, this apples and oranges statement was not backed up with a link.

Imo, this apples and oranges statement was not backed up with a link.

There are an average of TWELVE MILLION arrests a year, nationwide. So how many people are killed by cops in a year? What percentage would that be? Way less than one percent. Here is the link:

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...centage-arres/

There were 12,196,959 arrests across the country in 2012, ….

Show me where that is wrong, with a link, please. Do not just say I am wrong without giving me your own sources to show my numbers are incorrect.

There are an average of TWELVE MILLION arrests a year, nationwide. So how many people are killed by cops in a year? What percentage would that be? Way less than one percent. Here is the link:

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...centage-arres/

There were 12,196,959 arrests across the country in 2012, ….

Show me where that is wrong, with a link, please. Do not just say I am wrong without giving me your own sources to show my numbers are incorrect.

Your link is no good:

Sorry, this page is not found.

You’ve followed a link to a page that doesn’t exist. Looks like someone was shaking the server again. Please use the navigation or search box above or try starting over from our main page.

It seems to me that the first reports usually come in from the 911 callers. They are usually a little incorrect/mistaken. The cops go into the situation with whatever has been called in.

That has nothing to do with the incorrect information they provide after the fact.

So what is the hostage saying about what happened. Did he owe his hostage takers money. Did he know them. What's his story.

I'm pretty sure this was not a ransom situation, but instead an issue with an acutely disturbed individual.

So what is the hostage saying about what happened. Did he owe his hostage takers money. Did he know them. What's his story.

I don't think it was about money and I don't think they even knew each other. He (the hostage) hasn't said anything else about it afaik. MSM says he's a security guard for a mobile home park. I'm curious too. (Of course.)

Montjoy's post states what it states. If it's "fact" as Monjoy' post states, then out of the FBI UCR data on 11 million + arrests, "usually mistaken or incorrect" would indicate an unbelievable number of mistakes and or incorrect actions.

I find that clinically and certifiably hilarious.

Regardless of your opinion, a subset should still reflect the "error" Montjoy post perpetuates.
As such it could then extrapolate upward to 11 + million.
Again, I have to laugh at the the preposterous post.

Sorry I did not follow your reasoning, but it is obvious to me that in the cases everything went by the book there is little to no reason to lie and cover things up. Whereas if you know that you committed a crime or a negligent act, it is quite a common human response to try and minimise your responsibility to try to avoid the consequences.

I have no FBI data to back this up, just common sense.

there isnt even a clear version of what happened available yet, why are some people so quick to rush to absolute opinions? 911 calls are often incorrect, early media reports (and reports after weeks have passed as we have all seen) are incorrect, eyewitness reports are often incorrect, and police reports are often incorrect.

i find it highly specious for anyone to be making sweeping judgments based on what is known at this point.

^ this (posted 12/26).

(A couple days behind on this thread but) is enough info publicly avail to know what actually happened?
As drjones posts, incorrect info comes from many sources, esp in early days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back