Geraldo At Large 8.30.08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think the arrest on the new lessor charges would violate the Big Bond. The behaviors that lead to the arrest occured prior to the bond. They were also generally known. It would be a different matter if the charges and behavior happened during the bond.

Lots of screwy info about this bond. Now they are mentioning a Texas co. involved in the revocation. Before in news reports they mentioned a Tampa bond co. and earlier mentioned another Florida city bond co. How many bond surety cos. are involved?

The bond and everything confuses me. I have read a lot and I think I have it figured out. If this is not correct, please someone correct me.

The company out of Tampa is a bail bondsman. The bond for the Tampa bail bondsman was wrote by Financial Casulaty and Security out of Texas.

I do not think the arrest on the new lessor charges would violate the Big Bond. The behaviors that lead to the arrest occured prior to the bond. They were also generally known. It would be a different matter if the charges and behavior happened during the bond.

Lots of screwy info about this bond. Now they are mentioning a Texas co. involved in the revocation. Before in news reports they mentioned a Tampa bond co. and earlier mentioned another Florida city bond co. How many bond surety cos. are involved?

Casey violated the conditions of her bond by being arrested on new charges. Perhaps Baez needs to learn to read (see 2.d.) since Financial Casualty and Surety clearly states in their Agreement for Surety Bail Bond the following:

2. It is understood and agreed that any one of the following actions by me shall constitute a breach of my obligations to
FC&S, and that FC&S and/or its Agent shall have the right to forthwith apprehend and surrender me in exoneration of my bail bond(s):
a. If I depart the jurisdiction of the Court without the written consent of the Court and FC&S, or its Agent.
b. If I shall move from one address to another or change my phone number without notifying FC&S, and/or its Agent.
c. If I commit any act, which shall constitute reasonable evidence of my intention to cause a forfeiture of my bail bond(s).
d. If I am arrested and incarcerated for any offense other than a minor traffic violation.
e. If I make any material false statement in my Bail Bond Application and Contract with FC&S.

Yes, the police knew about the alligations of her stealing from Amy (and a few other crimes also) but she was not charged at the time. Now she has been charged, and it is a violation of her bond. It's very simple

I agree it's all confusing. Baez seemed to say that there has to be a crime committed while out on bail to warrant revocation. If you read the language quoted above, though, it doesn't say that. It just says arrest for something more serious than a traffic matter.

As to the players, I think there is the usual Texas company that TP deals with in the usual case, and this is the point of revocation. ? There is a Florida company involved, too, because Florida law apparently required it. The initial reports said the Tampa company revoked, but that seems to have been in error.??

In general, I would say that there are exceptions to every rule and little in this life is simple. To me it is common sense that the arrest is not an illegal act but the behavior that led to it is. The illegal act occured prior to the bond.

There may be something else interpreting what the language means that is controlling, but the language doesn't say "if you are arrested for an offense committed after being out on bond for the current charges." It focuses on "arrest." Common sense tells me that a person becomes a whole different risk factor if, once out on bond, additional criminal activity keeps coming to light. A fraud or repeat flouter of the law might be less likely to show up for court, adhere to bond conditions, etc. She's under investigation in regard to the disappearance of her daughter. If she was committing a string of crimes lately and her conduct comes to light, so be it. Being out on bail is not an absolute, unconditional right.

When the "bond" cast of characters was listed above, please add bail bondsman T.P. and bounty hunter L.P. Very confusing to me as to roles all these people had. I have another possible idea of why bond was revoked relating to these two.

Right now I find it very interesting that above it says that bond has been made on the lessor charges. I see no point to that unless they are thinking someone can make the big bond thru a bail bondsman with a 50,000 fee or with someone posting 500,000 cash or property with the court. By the way, in the latter choice the cash or property is returned at conclusion of case as long as defendant appears at all court dates.

WHen she was arrested on Friday for charges of other than minor traffic violations, the bond would automatically revoked.
she was charged with at least one felony....
It was the Texas (TP) and a florida one as TP isn't licensed in Florida...

Casey violated the conditions of her bond by being arrested on new charges. Perhaps Baez needs to learn to read (see 2.d.) since Financial Casualty and Surety clearly states in their Agreement for Surety Bail Bond the following:

2. It is understood and agreed that any one of the following actions by me shall constitute a breach of my obligations to
FC&S, and that FC&S and/or its Agent shall have the right to forthwith apprehend and surrender me in exoneration of my bail bond(s):
a. If I depart the jurisdiction of the Court without the written consent of the Court and FC&S, or its Agent.
b. If I shall move from one address to another or change my phone number without notifying FC&S, and/or its Agent.
c. If I commit any act, which shall constitute reasonable evidence of my intention to cause a forfeiture of my bail bond(s).
d. If I am arrested and incarcerated for any offense other than a minor traffic violation.
e. If I make any material false statement in my Bail Bond Application and Contract with FC&S.

Yes, the police knew about the alligations of her stealing from Amy (and a few other crimes also) but she was not charged at the time. Now she has been charged, and it is a violation of her bond. It's very simple

Agreed Mitch, but Baez was referring to the extraneous contract existing between all parties NOT to revoke bond for any other charges except homicide, I am not a contract atty and dont know the BB industry, but I would think if it violates any statutes it's unenforcable anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717