Geraldo At Large Live From Orlando Sat., 12/13/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up!! I will sure sleep better tonight!!:) I just had no idea what in the world they would be thinking of by removing pesticides from the crime scene.
:eek:

it's possible they could still smell pesticides in the bag.

Someone mentioned something about LE taking some of the dry wall. Obviously this would be because there is some kind of trace evidence on it. Blood spatter, something like that.

If Caylee were killed the night of the 15th, early morning of the 16th, in the home....wouldn't GA and CA have also been in the home and if you threw a child up against the wall, or hit them with something or stabbed them or whatever, wouldn't they have been able to hear something? Maybe they have a split bedroom plan so that KC's bedroom was on the other side of the house. So if there is some kind of evidence on the dry wall, that would indicate a violent act of some kind.

I guess until we have a better date/time of death and possible cause of death it really doesn't matter but this was just something running around in my head.

But if it did happen on that date and was fairly violent, this would look bad for the As.

Like throw the case in a backwards sort of way? Get LE to screw up then use it against them? Possible but risky.

He was a talking head (on Larry King) for months before he took the case but I can't recall if it was before or after the victims were found?.

He talked almost every night about SP's GUILT so it was a big fat joke when he took the case..And it was all about $$$ for him because it was reported how much he was offered to take it..I remember being shocked at how much $$$ it was.

Bozo & his 'scheme team' won't be getting a dime or will they?..There's the silent donor who put up the reward $$$..Why would finding her body stop them from being so generous?..The A's will be cashing in sometime down the road for sure..Bozo probably will write a book ala JC & the others..What I don't see is the publicity from this case helping him at all..If he thinks otherwise that makes him as :crazy: as his client!

I believe it was after they were found that Mark Geragos took the case - Scott had public defenders appointed to him when arrested in April 2003.

Around Super Bowl time, Target sells foam bricks and other tv friendly throwing items. It really helps.

Maybe you could check and see if they have them in already. I know I need it!

Why wait 'til super bowl time? I've resorted to keeping a cache of individually balled up socks next to my chair...

I believe it was after they were found that Mark Geragos took the case - Scott had public defenders appointed to him when arrested in April 2003.

He originally had an attorney named......was it McCallister?

I giggled when LA said " LAW ENFORCEMENT" he tries to be such a bad *advertiser censored*...

how about "cops" or "po-po" or "50" you goober:crazy:

Made me laugh right out loud, and I really really needed to, by the way, did ya catch what the LA was sportin' in the way of clothing when he tore down the memorial, talk about laughing out loud. When did knee socks come back into fashion for grown men?:crazy:

Correcting one of my posts from earlier in this thread:

The defense team in the Scott Peterson case, including Drs. Lee and Wecht, were allowed to examine the bodies at some point after the original autopsies were performed."

snipped

It looks like they were NOT allowed during the original autopsy (conducted during a very similar case) either so what's their now?..

He originally had an attorney named......was it McCallister?

Faulker and Keller from the Stanislaus County Public Defender's office at first, I think, at least because at his arraignment, he asked for a court-appointed attorney and got those 2. I remember hearing the name McCallister, but can't recall where... you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB
I caught that too - "it took Casey only 40 seconds..."

OMG !! TIMER-55. maybe it was a clue afterall

I know its so uncool to quote yourself...but this is HUGE.

Remember the thread where we were all trying to figure out what clue it held?
And she said her passwords had clues to lee. She was trying to tell him where Caylee was!(probably hoping he would help move her)
We kept thinking outside the square instead of using basic logic.
How did we all miss it?

I could not get the other link to open. I have read/heard about Baden, have been chuckling at him for a long time. My question though, is would HE have allowed a defense attorney's expert to obverse HIM doing an autopsy that pretained to a criminal case. He is quite happy to talk about all the cases he has 'won', and he is quick to point out how wrong juries are who convicted people he testified for - but I just can't imagine him allowing some other 'expert' to observe him during an autopsy of a high profile case - if he was on the 'other side' of the table, so to speak. He would have been highly insulted and sqwaucked to high heaven - oh, hey, in my humble opinion (almost forgot to put that in)

A good ME would not mind who was watching him perform an autopsy, as long as he is doing his job correctly and not hiding or making up evidence or slanting the results. I believe Dr. Baden is highly respected and very intelligent so I don't think he would care one way or the other.
In most cases, there is not a defense team in play yet... because it is rather unusual to have the defendant in jail before the body is discovered... so it's not common. I don't understand the uproar about them wanting to be there.. they just want to make sure that there is nothing underhanded going on. It's the defense's job to do every thing they can to assure their client has a fair trial.
And I might add.... every person accused of a crime is entitled to the best defense they can obtain... it's in our Constitution. Even Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy had defense teams. Casey is entitled to her rights.
And yes... she is still Caylee's mother... her next of kin, regardless of what you all think. She has not been found guilty yet... so her rights are still in effect. By law, she is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

OMG !! TIMER-55. maybe it was a clue afterall

Good thinking Butwhatif, It does seem Casey got nervous about something, like leaving the body so close to the path or road, and then couldn't move it. Would she have been sending a signal to her brother? I have to catch up on the last 6 mos real quick like.

Made me laugh right out loud, and I really really needed to, by the way, did ya catch what the LA was sportin' in the way of clothing when he tore down the memorial, talk about laughing out loud. When did knee socks come back into fashion for grown men?:crazy:

HOLY CRAP! I told my wife, look, you can tell he's a floridaian...tube socks pulled up to his knees....but in reality, true Floridians wear BLACK socks pulled up to their knees with SANDALS!!

I see them every winter. Willing to testify.

Dr. Wecht did the same thing. He agreed with every one of the prosections theories regarding the condition of Laci's body and the way Conner was released from her uterus right up until he received the check from the defense. Then he did a complete turnabout.

I didn't follow the SP 'court' case (except for when AF was testifying) so thanks for the info..

This turnabout game they play makes me SICK! & they should be called on it during trial like any other witness..Are they ever?

Ummm..being that she was PRESENT when her daughter died, she doesn't need to be at the autopsy!

That has not been proven yet, so legally she would have that right.
Most families do not want to be present during an autopsy... it's not a pretty sight. Even detectives who are required to be there get sick and have to leave the room.

JB should study the law. In Florida, the defense has no right to be present at the autopsy.

I wonder what there is for them to gain by watching the autopsy? Anything that is found as evidence against kc will be refuted by them whether they are there are not. What are they most worried about? That LE will somehow "add" chloroform to the sample? If LE wanted to tamper with evidence, they would do it. You don't have to tamper with the real evidence, just the results KWIM?

HOLY CRAP! I told my wife, look, you can tell he's a floridaian...tube socks pulled up to his knees....but in reality, true Floridians wear BLACK socks pulled up to their knees with SANDALS!!

I see them every winter. Willing to testify.

Oy!

Is there a video link to Lee by any chance?..GR only showed him for a split second & I want to check out his fashion statement :)

Thanks in advance!

Good thinking Butwhatif, It does seem Casey got nervous about something, like leaving the body so close to the path or road, and then couldn't move it. Would she have been sending a signal to her brother? I have to catch up on the last 6 mos real quick like.

As I watched the jail vids I thought it seemed like kc thought LA was on her side, and was giving him clues thinking he would help cover up, like he had in the past(normal sibling dont tell mom stuff).
But that he was really just trying to get answers.
She was telling him the time it takes to get to the location was 55 sec from their home. she's close. look local etc.

I am going back to watch the vid now!!! I bet there are so many more clues in there.

A good ME would not mind who was watching him perform an autopsy, as long as he is doing his job correctly and not hiding or making up evidence or slanting the results. I believe Dr. Baden is highly respected and very intelligent so I don't think he would care one way or the other.
In most cases, there is not a defense team in play yet... because it is rather unusual to have the defendant in jail before the body is discovered... so it's not common. I don't understand the uproar about them wanting to be there.. they just want to make sure that there is nothing underhanded going on. It's the defense's job to do every thing they can to assure their client has a fair trial.
And I might add.... every person accused of a crime is entitled to the best defense they can obtain... it's in our Constitution. Even Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy had defense teams. Casey is entitled to her rights.
And yes... she is still Caylee's mother... her next of kin, regardless of what you all think. She has not been found guilty yet... so her rights are still in effect. By law, she is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

I think all of what you say is true TxLady, but this case is exceptional I believe in that the body has not even been ID'ed yet. I don't think the ME Dr G would think it proper to allow lawyers to watch the autopsy due to that reason alone..

And tho it is true a defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty, that has nothing to do with the court of public opinion. One can be even found not guilty if there was reasonable doubt, and still have committed the crime. That was the first thing I learned in the world of Forumdon. xox

IMO, in order to prove her guilty and use taxpayer money effectively, the ME and the State have every right to prepare their case without it being advertised and showboated by at least 2 of the defense experts, 1 of which regularly already appears on TV already talking about the case. I don't believe anyone is saying that Casey shouldn't have a defense team and it appears she does so her rights are intact.

Further, the State cannot mandate that the FBI labs in Virginia permit the defense experts to be there while DNA testing is performed - that's a motion that I believe would have to be filed in Federal court if permission could not be obtained directly from the FBI lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time