Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if they found some type of drug/chemical at the apartment that might make a person have to use the bathroom. I am thinking this because they used the word 'testing'. Wouldn't they say for analyses if they were talking about a computer or manifesto? I just thought the word 'testing' was interesting.

I did too. Then I wondered if a cursory look at perhaps a computer held something such as a clue. I wonder if they meant by testing looking at it forensically? Just pondering.

Try not to read too much into it as there are language differences and one man's analysis is another man's testing. The gist is, whatever they collected they are going to look at, examine, and conduct some kind of test to determine if it's linked to this crime. We won't know what that is for now. Animal, vegetable, mineral... digital, paper, substance... who knows.

They are also two of the most popular tourist attractions in their respective cities. I would wager that practically 100% of tourists visiting those cities have a photo taken at those two locations so I really don't think any suspicious conclusions can be drawn from his holiday photos.

See? Why is this allowed? All aircraft should be monitored 24/7 and a suspicious action such as this happens, the aircraft could be remotely manually overridden.

I think it was done after the captain left the cockpit. And then he couldn't get back in because it was locked. jmo

Did not mean to double quote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-andreas-lubitz-100-fit-fly-article-1.2163009

A friend said he had so much to live for -- he planned to marry next year, Dutch journalist Victor Schildkamp reported.

Some of the information coming out makes this even more unfathomable.

From all accounts a well balanced, pleasant young man with a sense of humour and plans to marry - whatever went wrong had to be profound, but no one seems to have been able to detect it. Chilling.

See? Why is this allowed? All aircraft should be monitored 24/7 and a suspicious action such as this happens, the aircraft could be remotely manually overridden.

It was done during the flight and specifically after the pilot left the cockpit. There's no way to remotely overtake an airplane in flight, at least not that plane.

2014 had the lowest accident rate in history The A320 has the fifth lowest rate of fatal accidents
a total of 73 airline accidents, including 12 fatal accidents, in 2014, down from 81 accidents, 16 of which were fatal, in 2013.

That's the equivalent of one accident per 4.4 million flights. The previous lowest accident rate was 2012 when it was one accident per 3.6 million flights.

Although the accident rate dropped to a record low, the number of fatalities rose significantly to 641 last year, compared with 210 fatalities in 2013, IATA reported

Lufthansa had only three fatal accidents since 1970, resulting in the deaths of 77 passengers and crew members,

a320 fleet has accumulated some 150 million flight hours in over 85 million flights.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fi...rld-airline-safety-trends-20150324-story.html

It seems that the airlines and pilots are against this. If the plane can be overidden remotely, it can be taken over remotely as well.

Some of the information coming out makes this even more unfathomable.

From all accounts a well balanced, pleasant young man with a sense of humour and plans to marry - whatever went wrong had to be profound, but no one seems to have been able to detect it. Chilling.

I think many of us have read of suicides here with family and friends all saying the same thing - that there was no warning, the person was friendly and making plans for the future, etc. There doesn't seem to be one track to suicide. (if that is what this was.)

I don't think this was posted earlier: eyewitness reports from Le Vernet, the nearby French village, plus this response to the tragedy:

But more pertinent was the shrine set up in an annexe of the community library and decked with wreaths for the families of the dead – people who had lost babies, teenage children and so many loved ones on, as the villagers saw it, ground that now immutably belongs to the grieving.

In places like Le Vernet and the adjoining town of Seynes-les-Alpes, the dominant desire was to help, in any form possible. A local mayor said he had been inundated with calls from residents offering accommodation for relatives following reports that hotel rooms in the area had been booked out.

The sense of responsibility to the bereaved also applied to what the forbidding but otherwise ordinary mountain in their midst now stands for.

François Balique, the mayor of Le Vernet, told The Independent: “There are 150 people who live in this village and there were 150 people on the plane. The number is pertinent – the equivalent of our village being wiped away. We take the families of those on that plane to our hearts and tell them that our home in now theirs.

“But there must also be permanence. We will make the mountain a place that is for the families. We are now the guardians of this place and the memory of those whose lives were ended here in a few moments.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ou-forget-10133966.html?origin=internalSearch

.....snipped for space......

This is a scary, scary situation. But it is time for the airlines to begin to recognize that this exists as a problem and to take affirmative, proactive actions to prevent it.

List of pilot suicides:
http://news.aviation-safety.net/201...-and-incidents-deliberately-caused-by-pilots/

Re BBM

I totally agree. We have to do something to allow people on the outside to get in when they are the good guys. I dont know the answer yet but there has to be a way.

Suicides are way too frequent and they seem to be more of them these days.
Especially terrorist suicide bombers.

Even if this was a domestic suicide, it shows a need to come up with some new idea to be able to enter that cockpit if the Good Guys are on the outside.

I need to really think this through but we have got to have a way.

The first thought I had was if an air marshall had been on board, he could have used his gun to blow through the lock mechanism but that is rather extreme and dangerous in its own right.

If the only reason for having the FINAL LOCK setting on the inside of the cockpit is to prevent someone from torturing someone on the outside (that has the combination or key) to open the lock, then there still has to be a way to solve this.

I need to think this through more.

I think that picking up on data showing traits of having/developing a personality disorder is far different from "firing or grounding any pilot that seems a bit down". And what unions and pilot's associations want really is not the issue either. If regulations are instituted as required for passenger safety, that's pretty much it, no matter what any union or pilot's association wants.

Unions and associations - not just in aviation - often fight things like mandated alcohol/drug testing. But in the end, such measures are implemented. Because the value in protecting public safety is seen as trumping individual's right to privacy in not being tested.

Is psychological testing that much more invasive than a drug test? Why would unions and pilots associations fight something like this if it could prevent even ONE incident of the loss of innocent lives? Germanwings is going to end up paying out much more in damages to the families of the dead in this crash than it would ever cost to administer some basic personality testing.

And, yes, there are plenty of private employers that require psychological testing for certain positions.

Psychological testing is very subjective. What will the criteria be to ground a pilot?

It was done during the flight and specifically after the pilot left the cockpit. There's no way to remotely overtake an airplane in flight, at least not that plane.

I totally get that. What I don't get is making it so a flight crew member can lock themselves in the cockpit and set the aircraft to autopilot mode from 38,000 feet to 100 feet. Red flags should be going up, IMO.

we now have driverless cars.........can we now have pilotless planes??

Here's the problem.

Provide a way for the Good Guys on the outside to be enter the cockpit when someone in the cockpit is either a Bad Guy OR an incapacitated Pilot OR a Pilot turned Bad.
Also, if the person on the outside is being tortured or threatened, there must not be a way for them to get in.

Is this 1 solution?

Have a KEY on the outside that is in a welded-to-the-floor 12-inch thick solid steel SAFE with a combination lock to get that KEY. Nobody knows the combination except maybe 5 high level managers who one will be ALWAYS present at the airport control tower and available by regular phone call. The phone number is known by all personal on board every air craft AND there is always 1 phone on the outside that always works to make external calls.

Then in this type of situation , a simple phone call to that phone number through the airline's phone system could contact them to get the combination to get the KEY. That high level manager could try to contact the cockpit and if they dont respond then they KNOW the situation is REAL.

This would solve ALL situations where terrorists could still never enter and yet in this airplane situation we just had, the GOOD GUYs could get in.

Would it work? Kind of complicated though.

Doubtful, but my first thought was they located a home flight simulator and it had various scenarios of crashes.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

polite. He would always say hello and goodbye.

Klaus Radke, chairman of Lubitz&#8217;s flying club, told MailOnline that he flew at the club between the ages of 14 and 20. He was a &#8216;normal, open-minded person&#8217;.

fitness fanatic who jogged most mornings and evenings and you could often find him returning home from sports shops carrying health supplement bags.

'Everybody is stunned in this town to learn the news, he grew up here, went to school here, and came back most weekends from Dusseldorf when he wasn't flying.

pushed the aircraft's throttles back to idle and selected the jet's maximum operating speed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012937/Germanwings-pilot-Andreas-Lubitz-28-praised-exceptional-flying-skills-rising-star-fleet.html

His parents' home in Montabaur, a small town near Frankfurt of around 12,500

In 2007 he graduated from high school

accepted as a Lufthansa trainee the following year, enrolling at the company's
training school in Bremen.

He underwent a regular security check on 27 January and it found nothing untoward. Previous security checks in 2008 and 2010 also showed no issues

The mother of an ex-classmate of Lubitz told how the co-pilot had confided in her daughter a few years ago. (re depressive symptoms)

100 of the 600 flight hours were in the A320 per CNN

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/COLOR]

[/LEFT]

we now have driverless cars.........can we now have pilotless planes??

I would veto that one. I want somebody on board if something mechanical fails. I think that would be a hard sell to the Public. IMO

Here's the problem.

Provide a way for the Good Guys on the outside to be enter the cockpit when someone in the cockpit is either a Bad Guy OR an incapacitated Pilot OR a Pilot turned Bad.
Also, if the person on the outside is being tortured or threatened, there must not be a way for them to get in.

Is this 1 solution?

Have a KEY on the outside that is in a welded-to-the-floor 12-inch thick solid steel SAFE with a combination lock to get that KEY. Nobody knows the combination except maybe 5 high level managers who one will be ALWAYS present at the airport control tower and available by regular phone call. The phone number is known by all personal on board every air craft AND there is always 1 phone on the outside that always works to make external calls.

Then in this type of situation , a simple phone call to that phone number through the airline's phone system could contact them to get the combination to get the KEY. That high level manager could try to contact the cockpit and if they dont respond then they KNOW the situation is REAL.

This would solve ALL situations where terrorists could still never enter and yet in this airplane situation we just had, the GOOD GUYs could get in.

Would it work? Kind of complicated though.

Or just use the keypad on the door and 'call in' for an override code for it. But both scenarios would still leave open the possibility for a bad guy to threaten a hostage to communicate lies to ATC in order to get the code...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member