Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an article answering some of my own questions regarding the Co-Pilot training in Arizona. Seems he was in US for quite some time. I believe beginning in 2008. So it appears to me that his relationships should be questioned from a long time ago.

"He seemed very happy that he got the job, beforehand he had training in the United States for three years, and we met him here again when he returned to renew his license and we talked for some time," Ruecker told the Associated Press. "He told us about how it was in America, how he did his training there, and he seemed to be very open and happy that he made it that far."

He had 630 hours of flying experience by the time he was at the controls during Tuesday's fatal crash into the French Alps, only 100 hours of which were on the same model plane, the Airbus A320, officials said.

In spite of undergoing some of his training in 2008, he reportedly took breaks during the process and only became an official Germanwings pilot in 2013.

"Six years ago there had been an interruption to his training," Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr said at a news conference today. "We checked his skills and his competence and then he went back to training school. After that he was successful."
http://abcnews.go.com/International...t-received-training-arizona/story?id=29923493

That is exactly how I see it. He must have known in about a minute he was in an impossible battle against time and pure evil. So sad.

For sure. He knew that door was impossible to break thru. Yet he tried. God Bless him. Sigh......

"The parent of killer co-pilot Andreas Lubitz only discovered the truth of their son's suicide mission moments before Fench prosecutors released the information to the world.

Prosecutors claimed the Germanwings co-pilot crashed into the Alps at 400-miles-per-hour on Tuesday.

The couple had travelled to France with the victims' relatives, but were soon separated when their son's involvement in the disaster had been uncovered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-skills-rising-star-fleet.html#ixzz3VVifgED6

New article.

I found an article answering some of my own questions regarding the Co-Pilot training in Arizona. Seems he was in US for quite some time. I believe beginning in 2008. So it appears to me that his relationships should be questioned from a long time ago.

"He seemed very happy that he got the job, beforehand he had training in the United States for three years, and we met him here again when he returned to renew his license and we talked for some time," Ruecker told the Associated Press. "He told us about how it was in America, how he did his training there, and he seemed to be very open and happy that he made it that far."

He had 630 hours of flying experience by the time he was at the controls during Tuesday's fatal crash into the French Alps, only 100 hours of which were on the same model plane, the Airbus A320, officials said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...t-received-training-arizona/story?id=29923493

3 years? I do wonder if he was in the states for other reasons besides learning to fly.

Most full-time student complete the Private Pilot Licence in four to eight weeks.

Part-time students—students who fly twice or three times per week—take about ten to fourteen months to complete their training

http://www.langleyflyingschool.com/Pages/Question Answer 11 (How long will it take).html

His deleted/cached FB page shows him sitting with the Golden Gate bridge in the background and his cover picture is of times square, NY. 2 locations that have always been considered high stakes targets for terrorists.....just saying.

I don't believe the co pilots parents are to blame for what has happened. And they have lost a son too.

But I would be interested in finding out if they had any connection to the airline industry. Especially after hearing that he had to take a break during his training, then he completed his training and was hired as a pilot.

seemsl like media is giving wrong notion. His break was in 2008. Between then and the last couple of months is a blank, no?

I agree the procedure needs to be looked at again and someone else may need to have an override..

Just Theorizing....because my brain is in how to come up with a solution mode right now...

But who? and is just 1 person having the override enough..

In this tragedy it was the co-pilot that locked out the Pilot but it could have been the opposite..the Pilot that locked out the co-pilot...or both locking out the Cabin Crew.

Someone else other than the Pilot MAY still have to have an override...another senior crew member or remotely done if possible

My question is why they even design a "lock out"? It this a post-911 design to prevent terrorists from going into the cockpit?

I am trying to convince myself this was all an accident with nothing nefarious happening. I don't want to believe a seemingly normal person could do something this awful.

A normal, healthy person wouldn't do this awful thing. That's the point. He wasn't really normal. Not on the inside. Somehow I doubt he thought of what he was doing as 'murder;' something tells me it was a purely selfish desire to end his own life using the tool/weapon he had available, and he didn't give a single thought to anyone else. Reminds me a bit of Timothy McVeigh. When they asked him what he had against the babies and children in the daycare he said he had nothing against them. Everyone in the building was considered "collateral damage." He didn't think about the people that would be injured and killed, he was only thinking about his desire to blow up the building.

A normal, healthy person wouldn't do this awful thing. That's the point. He wasn't really normal. Not on the inside. Somehow I doubt he thought of what he was doing as 'murder;' something tells me it was a purely selfish desire to end his own life using the tool/weapon he had available, and he didn't give a single thought to anyone else.

JMO-I'm sure there are lots of opinions. I see him as a sociopath who opted for (alleged) mass murder.
The "suicide" isn't a blip on my radar.

Looking for info about planes. The fasten seatbelt sign does that come on automatically in certain conditions, or is pilot initated? How about the O2 masks?

I do wonder if he made any kind of announcement to the passengers. I mean he is alone in the cockpit, he has locked the door and made the adjustments. I can't help but wonder if he made any statements to the passengers or even for the black box.

Looking for info about planes. The fasten seatbelt sign does that come on automatically in certain conditions, or is pilot initated? How about the O2 masks?

I do wonder if he made any kind of announcement to the passengers. I mean he is alone in the cockpit, he has locked the door and made the adjustments. I can't help but wonder if he made any statements to the passengers or even for the black box.

My question is why they even design a "lock out"? It this a post-911 design to prevent terrorists from going into the cockpit?

Yes, exactly.

If you read about how the planes during 9/11 were taken over, you'll learn that each plane had at least 2 men who took over the cockpit and directly controlled each plane, aiming their plane into the assigned target. Only 1 plane didn't reach it's target -- that plane crashed in Shanksville, PA, instead of making it to Washington DC, when passengers stormed the cockpit to try and overtake the hijackers.

Changes to plane cockpit doors were made to ensure no one could access the cockpit. All cockpit doors are locked prior to takeoff. However what it doesn't prevent is one cray-cray pilot locking out everyone else, including the other pilot and crew, to then destroy the plane.

He made no statements, according to investigators. He was alone for 8 to 10 minutes and they have the last 30 min of the flight on the recorder. Other than his breathing, which they described as steady, there were no vocal utterances from the copilot.

Fasten seatbelt sign is controlled from the cockpit by the pilots. O2 masks are triggered by a decompression event and will fall down from their stowed place automatically (hmm...someone doesn't listen to the flight attendants' safety instructions? They tell you about the masks before takeoff on every flight, how they become available, even how to put them on. ;) ). In this particular case, the O2 masks would not have dropped as there wasn't a sudden loss of altitude and decompression, but rather a fairly normal rate of descent.

I think if he made any announcements it would have been revealed on the recorder they have listened to and we would know. They only have mentioned him being pleasant and then curt to the pilot. They could hear the co-pilot breathing in the end.

Maybe information might be released about that in the coming days though. I wonder if he has left some kind of note somewhere or if he killed himself and murdered all those innocent people doing something he loved without explanation.

So should bonus's be offered to land the plane safely. wth

A normal, healthy person wouldn't do this awful thing. That's the point. He wasn't really normal. Not on the inside. Somehow I doubt he thought of what he was doing as 'murder;' something tells me it was a purely selfish desire to end his own life using the tool/weapon he had available, and he didn't give a single thought to anyone else. Reminds me a bit of Timothy McVeigh. When they asked him what he had against the babies and children in the daycare he said he had nothing against them. Everyone in the building was considered "collateral damage." He didn't think about the people that would be injured and killed, he was only thinking about his desire to blow up the building.

I recently read a book about the JFK assassination that addressed the reason Oswald did it- it just seemed so meaningless if one accepts he was the only shooter involved. The author felt that he had a narcissistic personality- he had nothing whatever against the president, in fact he liked his polices. He just wanted notoriety. He also wanted a trial to use to share his half baked Marxist ideas with the world- then he'd finally be appreciated. Maybe the same motivation was here- perhaps just the desire to be the object of worldwide attention. I would bet he had issues his employer never knew about.

No doubt now that he wasn't normal, but that is what is so scary. Someone can SEEM perfectly normal, then in a span of less than 10 minutes become a mass murderer. It's terrifying.

I can't help but wonder what his parents are thinking. To know the little face you kissed as a baby and raised and adored did something so heinous. I truly feel for them, because, I doubt they raised their child to become this person we are learning about today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel