Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Liam has now *allegedly* been spotted or tracked by the dogs to a couple different railway stops.
If I were his family I would be blanketing every little train stop I could with his poster, and camping out at those locations.
I know that's a massive proposal, but that is exactly what I would be doing!

I live in Hamburg. Every small subway station and the whole area around the stations are covered with small posters. So not just the station, but streets further away from it as well. On my way to work I pass countless numbers of posters. So well covered. Also I live quite a bit away from the area he went missing from.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I live in Hamburg. Every small subway station and the whole area around the stations are covered with small posters. So not just the station, but streets further away from it as well. On my way to work I pass countless numbers of posters. So well covered. Also I live quite a bit away from the area he went missing from.

That's fantastic! It is really quite amazing the response to Liam's disappearance from his loved ones, as well as the German people. He will be found!

These ridiculously farfetched sighting's are becoming sad now. So this person, who clearly knows that Liam is missing based on the fact he reported it, see's somebody matching Liam's description holding a sign saying "help get me home". They don't talk to the person or report it to the staff at the train station, they then just report it to the police, seemingly later on? And no one else picks up on the fact that an out of place man is standing there in a small village outside a train station holding a homemade sign written in English? And Liam, who based on this news story is clearly aware that he is missing, instead of going to the authorities, or even just telling the staff at the train station, stands there holding a sign hoping for a hitchhiker to pick him up, at a train station?!

i hope it is but unfortunately these newspapers are famous for printing anything to get a story, not that this isnt maybe new but they take a hint and turn it into certain fact...sorry to be a bit down on them but they are the sensationalising section of the press or as know the red tops..they are the sort that will say elvis was seen as well... ..theyve been doing it with the moors murders and keith bennett...

Like rehtnap said, we really shouldn't put much credence in this type of press. It hurts to see that there's a new sighting and then having to read rubbish like that.

Of course police has to follow each of these sightings but they have always made it clear that there‘s not a single hot lead and that as time passes, sightings get more and more obscure.

These ridiculously farfetched sighting's are becoming sad now. So this person, who clearly knows that Liam is missing based on the fact he reported it, see's somebody matching Liam's description holding a sign saying "help get me home". They don't talk to the person or report it to the staff at the train station, they then just report it to the police, seemingly later on? And no one else picks up on the fact that an out of place man is standing there in a small village outside a train station holding a homemade sign written in English? And Liam, who based on this news story is clearly aware that he is missing, instead of going to the authorities, or even just telling the staff at the train station, stands there holding a sign hoping for a hitchhiker to pick him up, at a train station?!

Like rehtnap said, we really shouldn't put much credence in this type of press. It hurts to see that there's a new sighting and then having to read rubbish like that.

As someone else said up thread, why is there never a photo? Even the most basic of phones have this facility. Just another ploy to "stir the pot", and more money in the coffers.

Just to add some info: Poppenbüttel, where the sighting is supposed to have happened, is not a village outside/north of Hamburg, but a district of Hamburg in the north. It is the final station of one of the city train lines (s-bahn). Just across this train station is a huge shopping center. From the station you can also see the police station, like 2min walk.

I also have to say that Liam would not really stand out as of his looks up here. So any sighting without any real interaction could be just another young man.

All of your positions are very logical. Odds are absolutely against these sitings being Liam, or that he is still alive. Against logic, I am holding firm to my amateur speculation and opinion that he *is*, indeed alive and being sited. As I've posted upthread, I believe something about the wedding triggered an emotional response that sent him on this path. I'm sure alcohol played a big part too. I still believe Liam is going to make it home alive. I believe he is very much still amongst the living.

I hope that this illogical, but persisting speculation is true!

ive said it previously that until he is found he is not dead. its hard to mix searching for a body and searching for a guy roaming round germany..if you take things in the past like the Russian royal family that were shot but the theory was one got away.it became almost fact she had infact one woman claiming to be her. but like should be done someone started again at the beginning and worked it through with an open mind and it turned out 2 of them were buried not far away from the others,no one knows why but thats how it ended up. no one wants to be the one pursuing the fact he may be dead and it can seem counter productive ,almost defeatist but whilst he`s missing its a possibility..with so little to work on its hard to work anything out.every one wants to help and im far from any experts but ud like to go just look, walk the route, maybe even from just the view of where would i go if i was drunk but thats not possible.

As someone else said up thread, why is there never a photo? Even the most basic of phones have this facility. Just another ploy to "stir the pot", and more money in the coffers.
mine doesnt im a dinosaur..
i have a problem with things like wats he using for money,5 weeks in he has to eat at the very least..it seems odd that he would just decide at 2 in the morning with nothing and drunk hed just set off hiking.his brother is the one who knows him best and if hes been affected by the wedding or if he has done anything like that in the past..i think he said early on its totally out of charicture.
i do hope he`s gone walk abouts for whatever reason.i must admit i live in a small village and dont pay attention to whoes about especially when tourist season is here.people only stand out if they give u reason to notice them.be th same here as well we dont have cctv even private ones.

Why would he disappear because of his brother's wedding and leaves his family and friends in such uncertainty and agony? Very unlikely, I think.

Emotional crisis.

I know from my own mental health battle that you can reach emotional breaking point and were you aren't thinking rationally or logically at all. You just want to escape from your problems and are at your lowest depth of despair. Liam is a age where he could be suffering a mental health breakdown or issue despite showing no obvious signs of distress to his love ones.

I know from my own mental health battle that you can reach emotional breaking point and were you aren't thinking rationally or logically at all. You just want to escape from your problems and are at your lowest depth of despair. Liam is a age where he could be suffering a mental health breakdown or issue despite showing no obvious signs of distress to his love ones.

That is my theory. Major life events (such as big bro getting married), could trigger an episode. The good news is that I have seen people have episodic melt downs that went on to have a stable, well functioning life.
I’m still hopeful that Liam will return to the stability of a predictable life, and flourish. I’m betting on him. Time to go home Liam!

Started read this case last night and my gut feeling was he must have gone into river. Reading further this morning and looking at the maps ... it was quite a hike to the river. Looking at the helper cctv he didn't look as if he would get far. Some one mentioned a park ... not the small one he seemed to be heading for but bigger one that looks like it's big enough to conceal a body for a good while. Did he get that far and fall asleep and the cold got to him. Maybe this has been explored ?

Hope he shows up soon please god

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Started read this case last night and my gut feeling was he must have gone into river. Reading further this morning and looking at the maps ... it was quite a hike to the river. Looking at the helper cctv he didn't look as if he would get far. Some one mentioned a park ... not the small one he seemed to be heading for but bigger one that looks like it's big enough to conceal a body for a good while. Did he get that far and fall asleep and the cold got to him. Maybe this has been explored ?

Hope he shows up soon please god

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

if he went up by the church and then headed right towards the hotel then the first water he reaches is a medium walk but does have lowish rails. theres a bigger waterway a bit further along

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• bridge2.jpg
    bridge2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 146
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 142
You can't enter landfill after hours or unseen. They are guarded and locked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back