Found Alive Germany - Maria-Brigitte Henselmann, 13, Freiburg, 4 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's hoping that there will be some news soon regarding Maria.
It has been too long between sightings or at least some news of their whereabouts - and I wonder if this is because they have changed their appearance in some way?

A news article here - from the Bitte Findet Maria website...
http://www.ktokolwiekwidzial.pl/pilnie_poszukujemy.html

A few more articles on the FB page too.

Thinking of you Maria.

stern.de news article

But how can it be that a man so long can disappear with a girl without he noticed somewhere?
Monika Beisler suspected that Bernhard Haase may have helpers that give him money or provide shelter.
-----

I looked back through the thread to see if I had linked this article - I dont think I have - but it does consider something that I think is important, and have mentioned a few times here from the start - that Bernhard Haase has help from someone or more than one person to be able to keep on the run with Maria and to also to get money/food/shelter/transport - without fear of being given over to Police.

I think it has been that way from the beginning. I don't think the people helping are travelling with the pair, but there must be some form of contact between the parties - which means that there is a co-conspiracy in kidnapping - and that is very unnerving.

A reward might help - one bigger in value than Haase could pay anyone to 'not' report where they are.

And as for the 'haters' on the internet :facepalm:
Some comments on Facebook, however, speculate that Maria wants to maybe not back: "Maybe she took off even before her psycho mother". Lack of information about Maria puts the mother in the focus. Some critics considered too active. Instead of still to be seen, she interfere, criticized police work, start their own search.
The anonymous attacks on the net "have made mad me at the beginning", she confesses.

Its a sad situation when there is no understanding (emotionally) from those who do not add constructively to the conversations on social media.
You cannot put an old head on young shoulders - nobody understands the situation like the people who are experiencing the nightmare - and leopards don't change their spots... meaning - the haters will not understand and it doesn't matter if they are young or old. For some of them, their purpose and intention is to create upheaval and damage to the thread/discussion, their agenda is more important than the person who is missing. They are the ones you block.

Much more annoying she makes, "that is done so, as the two loved to stop". Romeo and Juliet, an impossible relationship, misunderstood by parents, society. This view of things, she admits, have to do also with the official photo of the search. It shows a young woman who is coquettish smiles into the camera, recorded by Mary's friend after they themselves had made up each other. Monika Beisler Meanwhile, regretted having given the photo to the police, because it show a Mary, "which I'd so barely recognise".

I much prefer this photo than the first one -

picture.php

https://www.facebook.com/bitte.findet.maria

and I can understand that when someone goes missing a) having a 'suitable' photo of the person on hand at the ready is not always something which is available in the immediacy of the situation, and b) I see many photos of missing people looking their 'best/prettiest/happiest' when all thats really needed is a plain photo which represents the missing accurately - and thats not always the type of photos which are kept. They're the photos people usually delete unfortunately. (JMO)

Finally, the Internet consisted not only of know-alls, critics, sharp judges or voyeurs. "The helpfulness outweigh", Monika Beisler finds. Within a few days after Maria's disappearance the network to 20,000 Facebook user swelled, who ran on the news of the missing schoolgirl. "I have huge luck that so many people on my site are rushed."

Good to see that the news article mentions about the huge support too - there are many people on Maria's side to help her come home.

Lets hope that's soon.

Catastrophe seems to have hit the search for poor Maria. The family relationships appear to have imploded and there is war raging across the internet, according to this article. All this is reported in the media article:

Trouble appears to have been instigated by a publicity seeking blogger called Lembke who has been calling for 'understanding' for the pedophile Haase, who has taken Maria. Maria's mom is now taking action against him for libel.

An adult step sis of Maria has been in contact with him. Lembke has published the contents of their confidential exchanges (he says) where she supposedly accused Monika of beating herself and Maria. Sister is now refuting that she said that.

Maria's father (also father of the step sis) has finally spoken out. He hasn't seen Maria for 6 years but states he never saw Monika ill-treat any of the children.

Police are saying all this has nothing to do with the search for Maria.

http://translate.googleusercontent....5.html&usg=ALkJrhhW5vLHjLmTHV8qSjBpQ2z_Jj74mQ

In my opinion it does. We have never had a proper explanation of why officials took so long to put out an alert for Maria, or their complacency that she was safe with this 53 year old internet predator. Or why nothing was done to stop him in over a year of grooming this child and even going to her school. I believe it began when she was 11.

It is unbelievable also that someone should be blogging in support of him, and appearing to be getting quite a lot of encouragement from others.

ETA: sorry, it's a half, not a step sister.

'As long as the mother seeks publicity, Maria will be gone,' Jochen Lembke says.

http://translate.googleusercontent....5.html&usg=ALkJrhhW5vLHjLmTHV8qSjBpQ2z_Jj74mQ

He's trying to stop the search for a missing child.

Is he still around! :facepalm:
Yes, somehow this person has hijacked the media attention related to looking for Maria, to now the degradation of Maria's Family and in turn has defended Haase - and then defend himself for defending Haase. :facepalm:
I have seen him reply in Fashion Forums to get his point across if the discussion is mentioned. :facepalm:
There is something very strange going on there (IMHO). :notgood:
I hope it is being investigated.
-----

I also hope there is news of a sighting of Maria soon.
It worries me that the gap of time is growing without her being seen.

I hope you are well Maria.
We are still here and still thinking of you.

Yes, apparently it is 'bullying' to put out an interpol alert for a man who has taken away a 13 year old child. People should try and empathise and sympathise with him instead.

I have seen absolutely no concern there for little Maria. I've even seen blame. It is an absolute disgrace.

The Dubrovnik Times
31st Jan 2014
Ministry of Interior, and the General Directorate of the Croatian police received a request from the German police for help in finding the person for whom an international search.

novelist.hr
The kidnapper German teenager hiding in Croatia?
Specifically, the Police of the German police received a request for help in finding the person for whom an international potraga.Radi is a 13-year-old German nationals Mary Brigitte Henselmann and 53-year-old Bernhard Haase.

Cant work out if there has been a sighting but its good to see it in the news.

That's fantastic. I don't know if there is some knowledge out there we don't know about. It's just that in the Meredith Kercher murder case, one of the suspects involved, Raphael Sollecito, was arrested just after a guilty verdict was reinstated. He had gone to a hotel right in the far corner of Italy and crossed the border into Austria.

Looking at the map, I couldn't work out why he'd gone there. But then I thought that might (stay with me here!) be a discreet way of travelling on to Slovakia, and from there, to Croatia. Now Croatia's very beautiful and has sea access back to Italy, but more interestingly it has borders with three countries that are not members of the European Union - Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.

I am only guessing, but I think it would be much more difficult for EU member countries' police or authorities to find or get a suspect returned from those countries. They are still countries that a person from the EU countries could feel comfortable in however.

So, to sum up, I wouldn't be surprised to find Haase has been spotted in Croatia but I wouldn't be surprised to find he's moved swiftly on to one of the countries that border it either.

That's fantastic. I don't know if there is some knowledge out there we don't know about. It's just that in the Meredith Kercher murder case, one of the suspects involved, Raphael Sollecito, was arrested just after a guilty verdict was reinstated. He had gone to a hotel right in the far corner of Italy and crossed the border into Austria.

Looking at the map, I couldn't work out why he'd gone there. But then I thought that might (stay with me here!) be a discreet way of travelling on to Slovakia, and from there, to Croatia. Now Croatia's very beautiful and has sea access back to Italy, but more interestingly it has borders with three countries that are not members of the European Union - Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.

I am only guessing, but I think it would be much more difficult for EU member countries' police or authorities to find or get a suspect returned from those countries. They are still countries that a person from the EU countries could feel comfortable in however.

So, to sum up, I wouldn't be surprised to find Haase has been spotted in Croatia but I wouldn't be surprised to find he's moved swiftly on to one of the countries that border it either.

Thanks zweibel - I was just looking at the European Arrest Warrant on wikki.

One thing that is critical if he is moving across borders into countries where there is no arrest warrant to bring him back to Germany is that he relinquishes much of his power, unless he has help - and protection. Because it makes him a target, not just Law enforcement, but to others - and in doing that he further puts Maria at risk - serious risk.
I think beyond a doubt its time to throw some more resources into the hunt for Haase and Maria and get them found.

There needs to be a sighting of Maria - some hard cold fact evidence that she is alive and well.
I hope that the call out to Croatia to look for her is a sign that they have been spotted.

I am furious about this case. Somebody in authority needs to come forward and take the lead in this investigation, and explain very loudly why - regardless of home background - having a middle aged pedo in charge of a 13 year old girl he's groomed from age 11 is NOT a good idea!

This case is an absolute, total disgrace to Germany, in my opinion.

I am furious about this case. Somebody in authority needs to come forward and take the lead in this investigation, and explain very loudly why - regardless of home background - having a middle aged pedo in charge of a 13 year old girl he's groomed from age 11 is NOT a good idea!

This case is an absolute, total disgrace to Germany, in my opinion.

I heartily agree with you zwieb - Thanks for the link :loveyou: (Ive been caught up elsewhere)
And as you point out -
The case has lost focus and possibly support for Maria - the one and only focus and support should be towards finding her and bringing her back safely.

After reading the article, I would think it is just common sense - stop blaming the family, and start blaming the perpetrator here: Bernhard Haase,
Her life has been ruined by Bernhard Haase -
13 years old and not at school any more with her friends
Living on the run in the hands of a manipulative Pedophile

These years will not come back for her - they will take years to repair.

Maria where are you?

Just to add that in Germany, your documentation is SO important - degrees, schools etc. You are supposed to keep everything. If Maria doesn't finish school here, her life/career opportunities will be cut short. She'll never have the opportunities Bernhard Haase did.

Sad state of things , isn't it? The perp is the victim......

I am really pleased to see this happen - a Reward has been put in place now to encourage people to give information.

From Monika's Blog on her Wordpress page:

Reward / Reward
It has been Agreed to offer a reward of € 10,000.00 for information Relating to Maria's whereabouts.

We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to the Fahndung.de team.

(The reward is not funded by donations from the public. It has been Provided Entirely by the sponsor.)

https://www.fahndung.de/bundesweit/person/vermisst/maria-brigitte-henselmann/405

After consulting a reward from 10,000.00 euros was for evidence leading to the discovery of Maria provided.
A big thank you to the team of Fahndung.de

There is no translation into English for this clip - but I am placing it here in the hope that maybe someone with some skills with the German language could summarize what the film is about - or even do a transcription.
*I have cookies - and icecream*
:loveyou:

It is titled: In the Network of Sex Offenders

Im Netz von Sextätern - Auszug I WDR - YouTube

This video was published to Youtube last Nov 2013

Maria's mother about her daughter's disappearance
TVSuedbaden
Published on November 22, 2013
We spoke with the mother of more than 200 days missing Maria Brigitte Henselmann. Maria will be traveling with the 53-year-old Bernard Haase, whom she met on the Internet. In June, the police found the car of the man in Poland, and later he and Mary have been seen in the Czech Republic. But here, the trail seems to end. Here is the interview.

Marias Mutter über das Verschwinden ihrer Tochter - YouTube

A reward after so long? I don't even know that they are anywhere in the are or even Europe still :(

An extract from Monika Beisler's blog post:

The underreporting of these crimes is high. For great is the shame of young people to be tapped in the chat event. They rarely confide in her parents or the police. The initiation of sexually motivated contact with children and young people on the net - the cybergrooming - is punishable. Police and the judiciary are lagging behind the virtual reality. Who appeals to children in the network can act surprisingly unmolested. Uncontrolled virtual playground for sex offenders that can be for young people to the event. And often it does not remain in contact in the network. The culprits pushing for real appointments to which are getting into some young people without suspicion.

Editor: Ulrike Schweitzer
authors: Britta Reinke and Nicole Rosenbach

Excerpt from the program "People close" WDR, 06/03/2014
Link: Full Program - Man Close Up - The Network of Sex Offenders - 43min 27secs

http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/...rnwiejugendlicheperchatzumopferwerden100.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back