Found Alive Germany - Maria-Brigitte Henselmann, 13, Freiburg, 4 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A reward after so long? I don't even know that they are anywhere in the are or even Europe still :(

I just hope someone out there needs 10,000 Euros and opens their mouth - and soon.
I think the reward is a good idea.
I doubt that Haase will be able to shut anyone up for that sort of money - especially if more than one person has come into contact with them that aren't part of a Network of Pedophiles or just plain criminals.
There has to be people helping them. grrrrrrrr......

It would be good to see the reward bumped up to 100,000 Euros - but at least this is a start.

I'd like to hear that Maria is safe too.

We are still thinking of you Maria.

There are also plenty of new articles on Please Find Maria FB page too...
and Monika Beisler Blog

I would like to add these links here..
The wording is from the translator -

European hotline for missing children Germany/EU
The Initiative Missing Children
http://www.vermisste-kinder.de/

We help find.
Every year, boys and girls are victims of crime.

The initiative Missing Children works for the concerned parents and families of missing children.
Our goal is the efficient and effective support in the search for missing children.
Along with several partner organizations, it advocates for the rights of children and adolescents - including preventive and on the borders of Germany.

European hotline for missing children Germany

If you think you've seen a missing child, then please get in contact with the hotline for missing children.
The hotline is available 24 hours a day to reach 7 days a week free from all German telephone networks.
------

There is also a Facebook page which lists, alerts and updates details of the missing:

https://www.facebook.com/deutschlandfindeteuch?fref=ts

An Article of the call for an Amber Alert system for Missing Children in Germany
http://www.t-online.de/eltern/klein...e-kinder-die-ersten-drei-stunden-zaehlen.html

In some of the countries in the eastern part of Europe, average daily wages are shockingly low, as little as €8 a day. And even in southern countries, the financial crash caused such huge problems they haven't recovered and people have been plunged into destitution; For example in Greece, a popular holiday destination with Germans.

So a €10,000 reward is a good one in that context. I'm sure they are still in mainland Europe, it is just a case of keeping Maria's case in the news and hoping if she is recognised, police will react quickly, wherever that is.

I'll try and watch that film over the weekend when I have some help Figs, and post a summary.

The below images are screen shots of Bernhard Haase (circa 2013) Which I have taken from this video link:

picture.php

Bernhard Haase (circa 2013)

picture.php

picture.php

I saw that article, and its unfortunate - the print is too small and unclear visually - not that I could understand it, but I was hoping someone could chime in on what it says and do a summary.

Annoyingly I can't read the main article text, otherwise I would gladly provide a summary. The headline reads Where is Maria hiding. The bit underneath it says "A 13 year old gets to know a 53 year old online and runs away with him. Is this a tragic love story or a crime? We have spoke to leading Mainz Psychologist Inge Selfigge-K** (can't quite make the letters out) about the emotional stability of youth, the search for "the one" and the helplessness of parents"

The second picture is of Maria and just gives details about her disappearance and says she was last seen in Poland in August.

if anyone can get a clearer copy of the text, I'll gladly work at a summary if anyone is interested. I've tried downloading and zooming in but it's not really working. Mind you, I am on a work computer LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=305348929613664&set=pcb.305348946280329&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=309529375862286&set=a.199382916876933.1073741828.199137286901496&type=1&theater
Sorry for long text, have tried my best at the translation, hopefully it makes sense. Thought it would be of interest as previous posters have commented on the rumours about the mum.
Schwarzwälder Bote 04.04.2014
Bitter reality – A child’s birthday without the child.
There still hasn’t been any trace of Maria-Brigette Henselmann from Freiburg. 11 months of uncertainty for her mother and her brothers.
Article by Ralf Deckert
Freiburg: 11 months have passed since the 13 year old Maria-Brigette Henselmann disappeared from Freiburg. She has fled with a man who is 40 years older than her, and his dog. The man, she got to know from chatting on the internet. The trial of the pair has gone cold, despite searches by the Police and by the mother of the girl. However it’s not only the uncertainty which is so difficult for the family. The longer the child is gone, the wilder the rumours that are coursing through the internet.
On the 12th April Maria will be 14. On her birthday, her mother will get together with the supporters who have been organising the search for the girl throughout Germany. IN a conversation with this newspaper in the autumn, Monika Beisler had already said she couldn’t comprehend that her daughter would stay away for so long. In the meanwhile, she is left with the thoughts of Maria’s birthday without Maria being there, and a year after the event, the ever intensive thoughts. Already Christmas was hard enough, although the 50 year old had said that Christmas had never been a big thing for her. Working hasn’t been on her mind for months – the longer maria is gone for, the harder she is finding it to deal with her depression.
The reason for this, is that after the disappearance of her daughter the smear campaigns began – that the mother seemed to have been exposed. “so-called experts on the internet have been saying it from the start. It has become a downright mobbing. The craziest rumours have been circulating” Monika goes on to say. “For example, that twice a year I go on holiday with money from the savings account of the white ring” (*edit.. I couldn’t easily find what the Weisse Ring was… whether it’s an actual organisation or slang for something) “Or that I am hiding under the roof of the scientologists and they are holding Maria prisoner in Spain, or that I am a sex or drug addict”
“In the internet, on certain blogs, we are able to cope with it. It is harder when these rumours are reflected in the newspapers. From local newspapers to national tabloids, we have had some bad experiences. In one case I was put under pressure by text message from one reporter. He said that he had exclusive knowledge about Maria’s case, things that only the police knew.” Once she realised this wasn’t true, and didn’t pay him any more attention, he had written a smear-article about her.
At the same time, the internet is also a source of strength for her, said Beisler. Other parents of children who have disappeared have got in contact. Other people have contacted her to say that they as a child were in a similar situation. Some people find it easier to remain anonymous. Through these contacts, she has discovered much about how children and young people think, how more or less free women will get with a pedophile, and how hard it is for someone to break away from this situation, because they feel responsible for the offender and they are under a lot of psychological pressure. Before it was more a question of violence, that the offender would use violence to get the child, but today it is easier on the internet to build relationship to the victim.
For Maria’s brothers, Daniel (15) and her half-brother Tobias (23) the uncertainty is just as hard. Both were present at the interview with Monika Beisler. Tobias is himself a father, six months ago his daughter was born. He works in a restaurant, attends evening school and wants to build a future for him and his young family. He manages to blend the worries about his “self-confident, cheeky, clever” half-sister into his everyday life. “There is no other way – and what else should I be doing?”

He can just about give his mother consolation, even when he can hardly stand it - “Even when it is painful”
About the speculation of his family in the media, he has a clear opinion – “It is 90% not about Maria” “And that doesn’t interest me. The only thing I am interested in, is that she comes back”
The situation is a little harder for Daniel, who is only a year older than his sister. “We had our little fights, but they were always in jest” He goes to the same grammar school that Maria attended before her disappearance. Do people talk to him about his sister? “Not so much now” Did he notice a change in her behaviour? Not really, she was always on her mobile, but so is everyone.

Two little exerpts from the article, translated below. Repeating much of the same information

Search for Maria:

Maria-Brigitte Henselmann (13) from Freiburg has been missing since 4th May 2013. She and the 40 year older Bernhard Hasse from Blomberg have raced through Nordrhein-Westfalen. The man got to know her a year before in an internet chat room, where he pretended to be a 14 year old boy with the username “Karlchen”. Haase and Maria have clearly set off to eastern Europe – in July 2013 the white sheepdog and the car of the man were established to be in Poland. After that, there were reports that the unlikely pair were headed to Czechoslovakia. Since then the police have received no more concrete leads. Laura Riske, spokesperson for the Freiburg police said that “There are always tips, but none to date have given us any firm evidence”

Bernard Hasse:

An arrest warrant has been issued for Haase in connection with child kidnap and sexual abuse. Thanks to money from sponsors, it has been possible to create a reward for 10,000 Euros for any information that would lead to the location of the girl. Maria’s mother believes the pair have remained within the German speaking community. But she is concerned that Maria might not be alive anymore – “I would be naïve if I didn’t think about it, even if I don’t really believe it”

Oh wow - thank-you so much Littlegreenlady for the translations!
:tyou:

There is some very interesting content in the posts regarding how things are going with the search.

I'm very pleased that we now have a birth date for Maria and it hasn't passed us by as yet.

On the 12th April Maria will be 14. On her birthday, her mother will get together with the supporters who have been organising the search for the girl throughout Germany. IN a conversation with this newspaper in the autumn, Monika Beisler had already said she couldn’t comprehend that her daughter would stay away for so long. In the meanwhile, she is left with the thoughts of Maria’s birthday without Maria being there, and a year after the event, the ever intensive thoughts.
-----

The White Ring (as I understand it) is a resource for collecting donations for the Find Maria cause...
The smear campaigns sound as if they have been horrible to deal with.
There have been very unsavoury people derailing and averting the attention to finding Maria with their own personal agendas - and, to my thinking, the media should know better than to waste editorial space with journalists who feel they have the right to abuse their power to get payback - not very professional.

From local newspapers to national tabloids, we have had some bad experiences. In one case I was put under pressure by text message from one reporter. He said that he had exclusive knowledge about Maria’s case, things that only the police knew.” Once she realised this wasn’t true, and didn’t pay him any more attention, he had written a smear-article about her.
-----

Its a sad case, but I think there has been many lessons learnt from Maria being Missing. Especially about the trolling and grooming from pedophiles on their victims over the internet and how they operate. The misery and heartbreak they cause to families of the victims ...

Before it was more a question of violence, that the offender would use violence to get the child, but today it is easier on the internet to build relationship to the victim.
-----

The saddest thing is sometimes it must feel that all hope is lost.
Maria’s mother believes the pair have remained within the German speaking community. But she is concerned that Maria might not be alive anymore – “I would be naïve if I didn’t think about it, even if I don’t really believe it”

There is always hope.
and I hope Maria can make contact with someone soon and let people know she is alive and where she is.

Thanks Figtree... glad I know what the White Ring is now. I was a little nervous to google it at work just in case.

I thought it was interesting they interviewed the mum and the two brothers. Am I right in that there is a half sister as well, but she has been saying things against the mum?

I just feel for the poor family, it must be heartbreaking and however bad things were in the family, you'd want to think they could be worked through.

The impression that I got was they perhaps think Maria is still with him willingly, but I wonder if it's more a case of imprisonment, like Natasha Kampesku. That would explain more about why she hasn't been seen more recently, and why she hasn't tried to make contact.

Yes, there is a stepsister? I believe, who has accused mum of treating them badly in the past.

It infuriated me, that there was very little speaking out for Maria amongst family (except mum) and when it came, it was that. Because what happened when Maria was at home, and what will happen when she returns, has no bearing on the fact she has been taken away by a middle aged peadophile who is obviously unstable and impulsive as well.

If you add to that he demonstrated a very cool, cold, calculating mind in the advance planning, and way he informed his family what he was going to do......it paints a picture of a type of personality that is very, very worrying to me.

Come back soon Maria, safely. Please.

By the way, thanks so much for the translations, Littlegreenlady! Brilliant!

I wonder if the White Ring was named after die Weisse Rose? It is a famous nazi resistance movement, that ended in tragedy for some young students, I believe.

I am kind of shocked that it has been almost an entire year :(
Seems just a few days ago the 6 month mark had passed.
Be well Maria. I hope you are ok.

Thanks Figtree... glad I know what the White Ring is now. I was a little nervous to google it at work just in case.

I thought it was interesting they interviewed the mum and the two brothers. Am I right in that there is a half sister as well, but she has been saying things against the mum?

I just feel for the poor family, it must be heartbreaking and however bad things were in the family, you'd want to think they could be worked through.

The impression that I got was they perhaps think Maria is still with him willingly, but I wonder if it's more a case of imprisonment, like Natasha Kampesku. That would explain more about why she hasn't been seen more recently, and why she hasn't tried to make contact.

I am concerned that he is also with others of his ilk.
He must be getting help somewhere (I still think)
And Maria is in a situation where she is locked between getting away from him and thinking that there might be repercussions if she comes back.
Who knows what he has said to her.
I think after this length of time that Maria would be over being with him.
-----

My message would be...
Haase - let her call someone to let them know she is safe.
Better still, let her go home.

I was thinking this morning, that if they were sleeping out in the car all the time, that really is a form of imprisonment for Maria. If they were in hotels/hostels or even a rented place, she might have the opportunity to sneak out at night or to be able to have access to a phone/internet where she could talk to someone. But in a car, in the middle of no-where, she really is a prisoner. The same with a tent, she wouldn't be able to leave the tent without him knowing, and even if she did, where would she go to? A horrible situation and maybe that's why there has been no contact from her?

I can't imagine this is a pleasant experience for her. And he seems quite arrogant, the fact that they don't appear to have changed their appearance at all.

As for locations, Croatia would be quite a logical place, when I went there a couple of years ago, there were a lot of Germans, and most places spoke more German than English. So there wouldn't be too much of a language issue. And there are probably a lot of places for them to hide out. There are also all the islands off the coast which might provude suitable places for them.

I think after the last time they were seen - and they left the car and the dog behind - I think they would have changed appearances.
Last time they were out in the open - buying from the local shops and interacting (though seemingly minimally) with those people and services that they needed to survive.

I wondered if the Police followed up on how they managed to get about undetected and if they were using any alias' - no doubt they did some devious convincing, but it was never revealed through main stream medias that I could find.

Maria - where are you?

Today is the 12th of April, and it is Maria's Birthday.

I hope where ever you are Maria, the sun is shining on you today.

picture.php

As I read the thread from beginning to end I could not shake the feeling I was reading "Lolita" in real time. Each development seemed sadly unsurprising; Nabokov knew the mind of this sort of predator. I felt ill as I pictured scenes from the novel being described in the articles. it also gave rise to more questions. Did Haase tell Maria that he had contacted her mother and reassured her everything was fine, which lead Maria to believe that her mother was either approving or unconcerned or indifferent to the situation? Reassuring lies about Maria's mother could increase his power over her and alleviate possible guilt she feels. Alternatively, he could feed into feelings of anger and resentment for her mother which would fuel his psychological control.

Oh God, another thought, what if she ends up pregnant?
I take some solace that he left the dog in someone's yard to be found rather than killed or left to die somewhere.
Also, I very much believe he has the help of friends inclined to similar proclivities. He made friends with little girls online, participated in political forums, dog breeding boards, why not fellow pedophiles as well?

Perhaps Nabokov had an unpublished draft of "Lolita" that concluded as swiftly and painlessly as possible and Maria will be home soon. :(

{All my own humble opinion.}

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back