Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that the Judges run the proceedings and conduct of the trial in Germany. The defence does not put on a case like in the UK.

But presumably the judges use the prosecution/defence arguments in their questioning of the witnesses? In the same way that when they give the go ahead to a charge and a trial, that it's fed by what the prosecution/defence presents to them?

Have any of our German sleuthers listened to FF in Staranwalte podcast? Apparently he talks about his sympathy for the McCann & family & what they went through. That seemingly closes the door on any scenario where FF will blame the McCann’s or use any of the conspiratorial stuff as a part of his defence. I’m glad people are starting to look at this the right way. Even the defence lawyer
The devil is usually a master of disguise...;)

But how can she even "get there"?! It seems too much amateur, too much easy for a start...
Not at all!

It's not far away from a jury of just citizens, that seem to fit any kind of trial in other countries and has been chosen by the parties involved.

If you start do dig, you will find!

In this case, it's a shame that people like the particular lay judge got into that kind of position. That issue is going to be fixed really soon.

On the other hand, who grew up with every member of an - for example - anerican part of a jury and really knows, what's going on behind it's forehead?

So, as i said, no big deal at all. Very easy to be fixed!

The defence could have appealed at least two weeks ago! But if it did, no newspaper would have made a headline out of it! That's the deal!

Reactions: Mex
Not at all!

It's not far away from a jury of just citizens, that seem to fit any kind of trial in other countries and has been chosen by the parties involved.

If you start do dig, you will find!

In this case, it's a shame that people like the particular lay judge got into that kind of position. That issue is going to be fixed really soon.

On the other hand, who grew up with every member of an - for example - anerican part of a jury and really knows, what's going on behind it's forehead?

So, as i said, no big deal at all. Very easy to be fixed!
I'm not really aware but how the prosecution "let" this happen?! Could they have avoided it? Could it have been different? With this media impact?!

I'm not really aware but how the prosecution "let" this happen?! Could they have avoided it? Could it have been different?
No, because it's not the job of the prosecution to "evaluate" the jurisdiction.

Just have in mind, if the case would be about a DUI, a battery or other - not that important stuff -, no solicitor would have any interest in the appearence of a lay judge on it's feckin' twitter account!:D

No, because it's not the job of the prosecution to "evaluate" the jurisdiction.

Just have in mind, if the case would be about a DUI, a battery or other - not that important stuff -, no solicitor would have any interest in the appearence of a lay judge on it's feckin' twitter account!:D
In the end, and you all can blame me for that quote, if this is all that FF is going to offer......

......please have a good time in jail, you poor little paedo called Christian! :D

This is nothing more than playing with the media.

Hopefully things will improve in weeks ahead for the cause of justice for the victims , such as Ha.B .. But so far FF seems to be running the show..
First it was the jurisdiction issue , now the judge farce ( surely these panels should be vetted better ).. also just seen a Sky News report where FF has promised more "excitement" ahead..

Last edited:
Hopefully things will improve in weeks ahead for the cause of justice for the victims , such as Ha.B .. But so far FF seems to be running the show..
First it was the jurisdiction issue , now the judge farce ( surely these panels should be vetted better ).. also just seen a Sky News report where FF has promised more "excitement" ahead..
Yes. A farce...and should be vetted better, for sure. So much time to, at least, avoid this disgraceful situation. It's not a drama, but it wouldn't have been so easily and competently avoidable?!

Yes. A farce...and should be vetted better, for sure. So much time to, at least, avoid this disgraceful situation. It's not a drama, but it wouldn't have been so easily and competently avoidable?!
From my previous post I shared, if you hadn't read it all, is a farce, but they was well aware 2 weeks prior, but chose to wait till the first day in court

'He told us to make an argument for it and the judge accepted it. Our client was delighted with the outcome.

The defence could have appealed at least two weeks ago! But if it did, no newspaper would have made a headline out of it! That's the deal!
Imo HCW helped create the situation in his many appearances through the media after naming CB as the suspect in the MM case, the interest in the trial is only because CB is the suspect in the MM case, if the defence play to the media so what, HCW sowed the wind.

From my previous post I shared, if you hadn't read it all, is a farce, but they was well aware 2 weeks prior, but chose to wait till the first day in court

'He told us to make an argument for it and the judge accepted it. Our client was delighted with the outcome.
Perhaps that's the system.
It takes time to check out suitability of a lay judge, so perhaps 14 days is given in order to do this and objections are raised when the court first sits.

As far as I know, in a UK court, objections to jurors are also raised on the first day the court sits

Perhaps that's the system.
It takes time to check out suitability of a lay judge, so perhaps 14 days is given in order to do this and objections are raised when the court first sits.

As far as I know, in a UK court, objections to jurors are also raised on the first day the court sits
You can't very well object on the first day of knowing who the lay judge is without the background check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge