Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs are not 100% reliable. Could the dog have picked up her scent from a previous day?
Considering they didn´t do any investigation the first three days and therefore didn´t bring out the dogs until at least then, (and even if they had,) that scent could have been from anytime during the weekend or even earlier.
Hopefully the police are more clued up about that than the sister is.

Someone mentioned upthread she may have been lured possibly by bullies.
That thought hit me too the other day reading one of the interviews with the mother, and she said she couldn´t comment on the bullying claim as it was under investigation. (link somewhere in the thread)

BIL, bullies, modeling assignment, secret bf, lots of theories in my head but not one of them involve her being missing by choice. I so hope I´m wrong.

It is a long shot,but if we assume Rebecca got on the bus here are the Public Transport schedules with departure times and history. Three buses that leave in Alt-Buckow:
https://www.bvg.de/images/content/linienverlaeufe/LinienverlaufBusM11.pdf
https://www.bvg.de/images/content/linienverlaeufe/LinienverlaufBusM44.pdf
https : //www.bvg.de/images/content/linienverlaeufe/LinienverlaufBusX11.pdf
It could also be that she was picked up by someone who has a car and the bus stop was the meeting point?

Policemen also came with track dogs to pick up the girl's trail. But it loses itself on the street Alt-Buckow. Maybe Rebecca got into a bus there.
Investigators searched for surveillance cameras on homes where the 15-year-old may have run away, and in BVG buses where she might have driven.

Missing Rebecca The search strategy of the police

Heartbreaking but glad to see that there are so many people, who spend their time, supporting the family, looking for her...
Sad to know that LE waited 3 days to investigate,too much time has wasted and hard to understand why it took so long.
My daughter has a friend, who is going to a dufficult time and has a history of staying/running away, but LE did searched (right away) for her, the same day. They called all of her close friends to find out her whereabouts...
Hopefully Rebecca will be found, safe!

I read the brother in law got in in the early hours of the morning due to being at a "corporate party" is that correct?

So is it safe to assume he'd been drinking/may have been intoxicated.

And then an attractive girl who happens to be in his house goes missing and he's the last to see her?

Hmm, I'm sitting on my hands but shades of Becky Watts. I hope I'm wrong.

Per the BILD article...

RR's father is 55 years old.
Okay...

I double checked RR's father's age on the Berliner-Kurier...
and THEY report him as being 45...
instead of 55 as the BILD reports...

Elainera, on the first page of this thread, mentioned that the BILD is more of a tabloid...
And the Berliner-Kurier is more reliable...

Sooo... I would imagine the father is actually 45 years old...

AND... I cannot find a name NOR an age of the BIL...

JMO...

Search for 15 year old Berliner
Nearly 100 clues and no trace: Miss Rebecca's family with desperate appeals
Even nine days after the disappearance of Rebecca Reusch from Berlin is missing from the schoolgirl every trace. Despair grows - and yet nobody thinks of giving up.

Every hint gives a bit of hope. There are already 96 who have arrived at the Berlin police until noon in search of the missing Rebecca.

The student disappeared nine days ago, on Monday morning at 7.15 clock, without a trace from the apartment of one of her older sister in Berlin-Britz.

Since then, there has been growing concern among family and friends, as well as the police, that something could have happened to the 15-year-old. Meanwhile, a murder commission of the Berlin State Office for Criminal Investigation has turned to the case, "because it can no longer be ruled out that the girl has fallen victim to a criminal offense," a police spokesman said.

Police are looking for Rebecca Reusch by helicopter
On Wednesday, the police continued their search. Around the place of residence of the older sister, several riot police trains were again on the go,tracking dogs were in action, a helicopter circled over the area. , a helicopter circled over the area. "So far we have not been able to find Rebecca," a spokesman told stern at noon. The search will continue.

According to the "Bild" newspaper, investigators are also trying to get hold of any backup files from the teens' WhatsApp chats in order to possibly get clues about their communication before disappearing. The police spokesman did not want to confirm or deny the information.

The investigators do their work, the relatives what they can do. On Tuesday, a call from the family was followed by dozens of Berliners to search for youth in the district of Rudow. But where do you start? It's the proverbial search for the needle in a haystack. There are countless gardens, green areas, backyards.

A sister of the missing person published desperate messages on Instagram: "I will not give up and look for her until I can hold my Becci in my arms again," she writes. And: "We love you, God is with you and protects you." The family posts in social media online reports, photos from the life of Rebecca, thanks for the support. The posts under the #FindBecci hashtag are viewed and shared ten thousand times. "We are sure that she did not just run away, she told her dad the day before that she wanted to redesign the photo wall in her room, she had so much in mind that I can imagine her being held somewhere "said mother" Focus Online ". "We suspect that she wanted to meet someone", the "Berliner Kurier" quotes the girl's father.

"We will find Becci"
To reconstruct the morning of the 18th of February is one of the tasks of the homicide commission. So far, the police have been certain that the student spent the night on Monday with her sister in the Mason Way. At 9.50 clock she had started school in the Fritz-Erler-Allee, about two kilometers as the crow flies. But there the girl never arrived.
Rebecca got up earlier than necessary on the morning, reports the newspaper "B.Z.". In the morning, her mobile phone should still have been logged in the sister's Wlan router. When Rebecca's mother called her daughter at 7.15, the phone was down. According to "Welt", the teenager sent a WhatsApp message in the morning. To whom is not known.

One sister of the missing is certain: "Rebecca definitely went to the bus stop Monday morning where the bus goes to her school." Has anyone seen her? Not clear. Striking is: The student has allegedly taken a fleece blanket. What for?

These are questions that the homicide investigators investigate. But there are many more: Did the girl have a friend she wanted to meet? Was there a fight or bullying at school? Trouble at home? Rebecca is considered popular and reliable - it does not fit in with her, say the relatives. Also, that she could have done something to herself, exclude them.

Recently, a sister of Rebecca posted another video on Instagram. Close to tears she is sure: "We will find Becci."
Every new hint gives it a bit of hope.

Rebecca is 15 years old, but could look older. She is 1.70 to 1.80 meters tall, slim and has dark blond to brown, shoulder-length hair. Upon her disappearance, she was dressed in a pink plush jacket, a white hoodie labeled "Rap Monster 94" and "BTS," blue jeans with torn knees and black and white "Vans" sneakers. She had a beige and pink purse and a red backpack with her.

Fast 100 Hinweise und keine Spur: Familie von vermisster Rebecca mit verzweifelten Appellen

Elainera, on the first page of this thread, mentioned that the BILD is more of a tabloid...

Yes definitely a tabloid.

"The Bild newspaper (or Bild-Zeitung, literally Picture; [ˈbɪlt]) is a German tabloid published by Axel Springer AG. "

Bild - Wikipedia

AND... I cannot find a name NOR an age of the BIL...

Oh ok then I must have been mistaken about his age. Thanks for looking!

According to "Welt", the teenager sent a WhatsApp message in the morning. To whom is not known.

I think the person she sent the message to is responsible for her disappearance. Otherwise, why haven't they come forward to say it was them she communicated with? Very telling that they didn't.

I assume the family members' phones, including the BIL, have all been looked at by LE, so she wasn't messaging one of them at 7 in the morning. Therefore imo we can exclude the BIL from our theories.

Imo people only message those they are close to at such an early hour. A girlfriend, or a love interest I would guess. Maybe someone she met online and had a common interest with?

I saw on sm she is part of the fandom of the popular KPop band BTS. She is an A.R.M.Y. which stands for Adorable Representative M.C of Youth. Her mother said in her interview with Focus that Rebecca had a crush on one of the boys of the group and often said she will marry him one day. I wonder whether this somehow plays into her disappearance. Maybe somebody lured her by telling her they could get her in touch with someone connected to the group, arrange a meeting or something.

I think the person she sent the message to is responsible for her disappearance. Otherwise, why haven't they come forward to say it was them she communicated with? Very telling that they didn't.

I assume the family members' phones, including the BIL, have all been looked at by LE, so she wasn't messaging one of them at 7 in the morning. Therefore imo we can exclude the BIL from our theories.

Imo people only message those they are close to at such an early hour. A girlfriend, or a love interest I would guess. Maybe someone she met online and had a common interest with?

I saw on sm she is part of the fandom of the popular KPop band BTS. She is an A.R.M.Y. which stands for Adorable Representative M.C of Youth. Her mother said in her interview with Focus that Rebecca had a crush on one of the boys of the group and often said she will marry him one day. I wonder whether this somehow plays into her disappearance. Maybe somebody lured her by telling her they could get her in touch with someone connected to the group, arrange a meeting or something.

We don't know if LE is looking hard at anyone. It is not in LE's interest to inform the public of this, and they usually do not. So I do not exclude anyone yet based on what (little) I know.

Somebody messaged someone with Rebecca's phone. We don't know who sent or received that message.

I read the brother in law got in in the early hours of the morning due to being at a "corporate party" is that correct?

So is it safe to assume he'd been drinking/may have been intoxicated.

And then an attractive girl who happens to be in his house goes missing and he's the last to see her?

Hmm, I'm sitting on my hands but shades of Becky Watts. I hope I'm wrong.

I was assuming we were all sitting on our hands on this one? Tiptoeing...

We don't know if LE is looking hard at anyone.

The father said that LE have interviewed the SIL thoroughly and several times. His wording was, they put him through the wringer. And they had a look at his phone. So that much we know.

But true, we can't be 100% sure it was Rebecca who sent the WhatsApp message that morning. However it has been stated by LE that it was her, so they seem convinced.

Last edited:
Berliner Morgenpost reports "Old clothes containers at the Kölner Damm and in the Kirschnerweg were also opened. It was searched for garments by Rebecca."
Rebecca: Polizei sucht mit Hubschrauber nach 15-Jähriger aus Britz
sbm

This article also states:
Various media reported that Rebecca erased numerous photos on her Instagram profile just before she disappeared.
Bernd Reusch now says that he has made a mistake in this statement.
It had been Rebecca's sister who removed the photos from her own profile.

Article in English

It´s been updated. A garment has been found, not sure yet if it´s Rebecca´s.

In the search for the missing Rebecca Reusch, the police seem to have a first clue.
According to information from the Berliner Morgenpost a garment was secured from a container.
The police did not want to comment on demand, but it should be a gray top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpacerCat