Germany - Shooting at Munich shopping centre, 22 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi CARIIS! The BBC site went back to reporting on other stuff too.

Munich shooting: Sheet Covered Bodies Lie in the Street After Shopping Center Attack
Published on Jul 22, 2016
Video obtained by The Associated Press from German news agency NonstopNews

[video=youtube;oOf4cfxyfVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOf4cfxyfVo[/video]

The Wurzburg axe attack was from a 17 year old and now the Munchen attack is from an 18 year old.

Why the hatred, anger, and wanting to kill multiple people?

17 and 18 years old. They could have done something wonderful in their lives. Instead they both chose to attack, hurt and kill others.

IMOO.

Hi Treelights

Why is there all this hatred and anger? So far this appears to be the age groups 17-20's that comment these horrific acts on innocent people. SO YOUNG their lives have not even begun.

Is this hatred taught at home
Is this going to be a daily occurrence
Are we to live in fear of the younger generation
Is SM partially to blame
No respect for innocent lives
New Terrorist groups forming

Just heartbreaking everyday 😭

JMO

How many bullets would his gun hold?

Did any of you hear about this one

[video=youtube;pYnAcIfbVIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYnAcIfbVIA[/video]

Is it me, I am having a hard time feeling landed with this one - casue of all the president silliness!!

OR is it media desentized- world desentstized, "just" another one , Pokeman

!

DId not know that guns are really tough in Germany, then I thought well here we are --

This is weird - there are people running, and right next to them are people strolling fine??

3:58 chilling still photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POV2rm-2u_k

ha cops in street shorts!

Certainly don't like any of these type killings. No more notoriety from me. I'd keep them in the basement. Just an idea.

How many bullets would his gun hold?

Did any of you hear about this one

[video=youtube;pYnAcIfbVIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYnAcIfbVIA[/video]

Is it me, I am having a hard time feeling landed with this one - casue of all the president silliness!!

OR is it media desentized- world desentstized, "just" another one , Pokeman

!

DId not know that guns are really tough in Germany, then I thought well here we are --

When was this??

Thank you to all of you for your posts and coverage of this terrible tragedy. May those who have died Rest In Peace my thoughts and prayers are with their families and those who have been injured.

It is tragedies like this that remind us life can be short so we have to make the most of our lives. I hope you all take time out from the tragic ongoing news we have had for some time now and do something you enjoy this weekend.

Well spoken and I felt your true thoughtfulness while reading this.
Take some time out to hug a loved one and remember what greg stated "tragedies like this remind us life can be so short...."

Godspeed Germany 🌹

I remember this,it did not get much media coverage in the US. I was applying for my concealed carry permit that day.

You are not considering a machine gun are you! It is interesting to me how some are like it is not a machine gun. That AK47 thing is a machine gun!!!

Pulse video, that is a machine gun - what on earth is diff between PUlse and a machine gun! boom boomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboom

that a machine gun IMO!! not need to get particular !

boomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboom

is a machine gun!!!!!

Hi Treelights

Why is there all this hatred and anger? So far this appears to be the age groups 17-20's that comment these horrific acts on innocent people. SO YOUNG their lives have not even begun.

Is SM partially to blame

JMO

Hi ya! :)

You have some very good questions.
I agree, Heartbreaking Every Day!!!

I pray for our world!!!

I was wrong.
There really are monsters. Nearly all from the human species.

I do not care, what made them into Monsters. I just know that I want them locked up, away from people they want to harm.

Is SM partially to blame

JMO

I blame media of all forms almost entirely. We live in a world where we're told every day we should be this, have that, look like this, do that - and it should be right now. But many of us can't have those things, or not without working hard. If you're an immigrant, or a child of immigrants, you probably came on the promise of "a better life", only to find that language, education, colour can all be barriers, and that (in this case) Europe actually isn't some glorious land of opportunity.

So there you are - young, disillusioned, poor, perhaps ghettoised, an age where we know that mental health issues arise. And you go online and you find other people who feel the same way, and you'll likely get no opposing view, noone to encourage you. Some people just need to vent. But some people will find their way to groups that have a darker motive. Some will fall into petty crime. Those latter two groups will find something that gives them a purpose or an importance in life they didn't have before. And still, they will have noone to offer a different view - in the case of Islam, many moderate preachers are afraid to discuss extremist thinking with their flock, because of the messages from the authorities and media. For those of you that are religious, and who turn to your pastors for comfort, confidences and so on - where would you go if that was denied you?

You get people telling you to travel and join them in their righteous fight, you'll be respected, get a wife, have a home. Can't travel, then fight at home and gain respect in heaven. Do some petty crime, mix with people who want more, hey, can you get me this? You're the greatest, thanks.

And it isn't all about being a muslim. So many of the people going to Syria, or conducting these attacks, know very little about Islam. They are sold a vision of it that plays to their emptiness and their needs. It provides them with discipline and a future. They're told that their failures in life are because they weren't following the plan a god made for them. It could happen just as easily with Christianity (and indeed has in the past).

When Egypt had it's Arab Spring, it wasn't long before people started complaining that democracy hadn't happened overnight. Expectations again. Hey, we'll do this and be just like [X] immediately! No, you won't! It takes years to properly revamp a political system. Years to recover economically. It takes patience and hard work.

And yes, people who feel desperate see stuff and copy it - suicides, attacks. It looks increasingly like the Nice attacker planned his rampage. But if he did, where is his "last will"? If he'd been in contact with Islamic State, they would have wanted him to make a video they could use as propaganda. So far, though, French LE haven't said anything concrete. Compare that with the axe attack on the German train, far less sophisticated but the young man involved made a "last will" before his attack and carried an IS flag.

As for Munich, we don't know yet. It feels odd to me that the shooter would kill himself as he did rather than going out in the way IS would prefer - in a gunfight or blowing himself up. Not to mention that Iranian muslims tend to be largely shi'a and IS are sunni. He could be from a sunni family escaping persecution, of course. Or he could be someone who has been abused because of his ethnicity in a country that's increasingly on edge, and he snapped. Certainly if he was really shouting "I'm German" it could suggest that was the point he wanted to make. Given we have video of him shouting, I've seen nothing so far suggesting he was shouting any of the "usual" pro-IS language.

I don't know the answer. I know it will take time. I know that media loves fear and danger, because it sells. To some extent, governments love fear too, it keeps them in, or gives them, power. Any message of reconciliation gets shot down as appeasement because "the people" want "something to be done".

I do think we're asking the wrong questions, or at least, asking for the wrong answers though...

From what I've seen so far I'm not convinced this is a standard Islamist terror attack.

1. The shooter was of Iranian origin, which almost certainly means he was Shia. The Shia and Sunnis are deadly enemies (think the Catholics and Protestants of the 15th and 16th centurys but on crack AND meth) so it is highly unlikely that a Shia would carry out an attack on behalf of Daesh. So far, the Shia in Europe have caused very few problems.

2. Islamist attackers do not as a rule shoot themselves. They either blow themselves up, expecting to take bystanders with them, or they die in an exchange of gunfire with LE. Otherwise it's just plain suicide and therefore haram, thus preventing them going to heaven. No virgins for them.

I'm going to guess that this is a standard angry teenager shooting spree. Apparently he claimed to have been bullied for years and emphasied being German (presumably whether German born or an immigrant of long standing rather than one of the recent arrivals); if this is true then it suggests an angry, not-fitting-in-or-being-accepted motive very like many teenage spree shootings that happen in the US.

But I could be totally wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back