Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
6m

Prosecutors read statement from a Jane Doe who knew Maxwell for over 10 years: "Without Ghislaine, Jeffrey could not have done what he did...she would have done anything to get what he wanted to satisfy Mr. Epstein...her sole purpose is self preservation...I have great fear..."

julie k. brown
@jkbjournalist

·
2m

that she would harm me, the victim said. During a previous civil proceeding in which she was to testify against Maxwell, victim says she received a phone call threatening her and her 2 year old child.

In the facebook search bar add her name with hearing there is a live feed of the audio of the call.

Thank you again, dear @bestill for this!

I've been listening and Judge Alison Nathan is listening to every single word that Mr. Cohen says. She has responded already to him and asked him critical questions.

This is so interesting and I hope that GM is not granted bail. IMO

Mr. Cohen has made at least 3 rude comments to Judge Nathan, which will not sit well with her (or hopefully to any Judge)

One comment was to one of her questions and he replied that everyone understands the point of law he was making. Everyone - except Judge Nathan I guess.

He has referred to the indictment as "dirt" and talks about the "spins" the prosecution has put on this case to "make his client look" despicable (I think that was the word he used - it was something like that).

I am feeling hopeful that bail will be denied. We shall see.

These are all just my opinions and observations from listening to the audio.

@innercitypress

Cohen: My client has her lights on all the time in MDC. She wasn't allowed to shower. Judge Nathan: Are you claiming her current detention is to prevent you from providing a picture of her finances? Cohen: It's been hard to pull the information together

Yes! This prosecutor is on fire!

She response to the defense, "The indictment is not "dirt", the accused took detailed measures to hide as outlined in the indictment charges." And on and on and on to Mr. Cohen's defense.

This prosecutor is stellar!

Moe rejects the notion that prosecutors could have notified Maxwell's council about her imminent arrest to arrange her surrender. That is not how one arranges the capture of a criminal target considered a flight risk, Moe adds.

She cannot remember at the top of her head exactly how many millions she has - that should cause the court serious concerns," prosecutor rebuts defense attorney argument

Judge Nathan: I am prepared to make my ruling. A finding that a defendant is flight risk must be by a preponderance of the evidence. The government does not argue for danger to the community.
Judge Nathan: The factors here weigh in favor of detention. She is 58 and faces up to 35 years. The government's evidence appears strong.

@jentaub
BOOM! Judge Nathan denies Ghislaine Maxwell bail. She faces up to 35 years in prison. Is a flight risk.

Excellent news for her victims.

I loathe GM, but am puzzled by her remaining in the US even after the death of JE, when she still might have fled to France/ elsewhere and lived in relative luxury and safety for the rest of her life. So why stay? Was it fear of being stopped? Reluctance to forfeit US/UK assets? Her sense that she would stay above the law?

Haven't read much speculation about possible reasons but you'd think she'd have done pretty much anything to avoid spending the rest of her days in prison -- though I'm very glad she didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member