Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new on here and don’t really know how this works so apologies in advance. does it seem odd that someone with an architectural firm in the city lives in a dilapidated dump like this? also wondering why no one flagged this person previously. Every neighborhood has weirdos that are well-known to the community, especially if that creepy person has been there his whole life.

I'm waiting to see who he is connected to you, had friends in high places?

Hi, I am new on here and don’t really know how this works so apologies in advance. does it seem odd that someone with an architectural firm in the city lives in a dilapidated dump like this? also wondering why no one flagged this person previously. Every neighborhood has weirdos that are well-known to the community, especially if that creepy person has been there his whole life.
There are far more oddballs, antisocial people, and those who march to their own drummer who never hurt anybody than who are serial killers. And plenty of serial killers who pass as whitebread suburban normal. How friendly someone is and how well they keep up their house and yard just doesn't indicate anything about criminality.

MOO

He is pretty tall, Does anyone know the exact height and weight? He reminds me of Edward Kemper, a big tall and menacing.

From the bail document ...

"... the physical attributes of Defendant Rex A.Heuermann who is a large, white male, approximately 6'4" in height, in excess of 240 pounds in weight, with dark bushy hair, who wears large eyeglasses ..."

My opinion on Shannan is that she is not receiving justice. One report erroneously tried to identify her as the Asian male found with womens clothes.

I don’t believe for a second she is NOT connected. We have to wonder that many of these girls had pimps/drivers etc who may have had connections with unsavory people in the system both cops and criminals. Shannan’s driver had trafficked humans before.

Shannan said she was running away from people. It wasn’t just one man.

When we see successful men getting away with literally murder and they don’t have the money we think they would given their success, there might be a payoff.

It needs to be investigated thoroughly bc it actually could work against the defense if they don’t prove Shannan is connected to Rex somehow. The way to mitigate this is to find that connection that would explain Rex’s connection to Shannan - whatever that connection is. Occam’s razor tells us this was not a coincidence that Shannan had a similar profile to the “lost girls” and her demise/resting place was not much different from theirs. They at LEAST need to Suss out what happened to Shannan so it doesn’t work against their case to convict Rex.

I still believe Shannan was drugged by multiple Johns who intended to tie her up and abuse her. I wonder if these Johns met on utopia guide or something similar. I wonder if one of the Johns was Rex. I fear they may have eventually found her and were able to carry out what they wanted to do. How sad to think if she died due to the elements it’s bc she was so scared and couldn’t stop hiding in the cold dark bramble.
Excellent post. Makes me wonder (however crazy this may sound) if Rex ever met good ol' Jeffrey.

Yeah, the fact that they found ALL THE OTHER GIRLS by searching for Shannan isn't a coinky dink to me.

Also, I'm 100% sure he's the Eastside Strangler. My theory rn is he maybe had a gambling addiction and went to Atlantic City often, because exactly - where's all his $$?

MOO

There are far more oddballs, antisocial people, and those who march to their own drummer who never hurt anybody than who are serial killers. And plenty of serial killers who pass as whitebread suburban normal. How friendly someone is and how well they keep up their house and yard just doesn't indicate anything about criminality.

MOO
I guess, but I'm really surprised the police didn't search car databases earlier. they had the info that found rex since 2010. :/

Now, after an arrest, neighbors are saying things. But I wonder that for decades he was just another neighbor that they were used to. As for the house, I find that a lot of people throughout my life have surprised me with the difference between how I view them or what they portray at work vs how their living conditions/homes are neat or not, nice or rundown.

Edmund Kemper murdered for quite some time as an individual who took up a bit of space in height and frame size. He even befriended the police.

OHHHHHH wait.... Face ID? Fingerprint PW? MOO/Speculation Didn't occur to me before bc I use neither. I still enter my pw/code manually.
I'm also someone who enters my codes/passwords manually, so I guess that's why I didn't think of that either. I'm not sure though that phones had that Face ID capability back then. After Maggie Murdaugh was murdered there was speculation that someone tried to access her phone through facial recognition after she was dead but it didn't work.

I guess, but I'm really surprised the police didn't search car databases earlier. they had the info that found rex since 2010. :/
Yeah, not knocking LE in general, I know that is not okay, but this specific force had a lot of problems that have been very well documented in MSM, and seem to have been incredibly resistant to outside help until the recent changing of the guard. I only wonder how much sooner this person could have been in custody had the people responsible for investigating at the beginning been actually investigating, using all the tools and collaborations with other agencies available to them. So many wasted years.

But, we're here now, and I honestly didn't know if I'd live to see it, and I am not in my dotage. I didn't know if it was going to be another Zodiac, unanswered, an open wound with no healing and no justice.

MOO

It is disturbing that the police didn't find the vehicle link much, much earlier.
Especially if it is discovered that this bloke has murdered more people since Gilgo Beach. (which wouldn't surprise me)

For others who may not have read it, this is from the bail document ...

"In January 2022,the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office assigned an experienced team of investigators, analysts, and prosecutors to work jointly with law enforcement partners from the Suffolk County Police Department, New York State Police, Suffolk County Sheriff's Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ).

A comprehensive review of every item of evidence and information in this investigation was undertaken by the team . March 14, 2022, approximately two months into the renewed joint investigation, this comprehensive review led to the discovery of a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche that was registered to Defendant Rex A. Heuermann at the time of these murders.

As described below, this was significant, because a witness to the disappearance of Amber Costello identified a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche as the vehicle believed to have been driven by her killer."

MO

the part that still does not register is a Manhattan architect, who had his own firm, living in a pigsty like this. true about lots of oddballs. Thanks for your reply.

Those are questions that a lot of people have right now. Is his (or anyone's) house in need of repairs? Because he's indifferent? Is it because he has no money? Maybe it's because he's a serial killer with little to no time for anything else? I'm willing to guess that many people know someone else (or they, themselves) who just don't have the time, funds, and/or mental health to do tasks that aren't immediate concerns to them (and even those that are). A lot of people are nosey but don't seek to learn about another persons status. Unfortunately this leads to a lot of people just ignoring the "weirdo" down the street.

Anyway, It's fascinating to speculate, hypothesize, and seek knowledge in the hope that one day we can fix a lot of issues before they even occur. Adding: We need to be careful, a "messy" home might just mean depression and not that the person is a serial killer. We are judging RH after we know what he did. Welcome to Websleuths!

Last edited:
the part that still does not register is a Manhattan architect, who had his own firm, living in a pigsty like this. true about lots of oddballs. Thanks for your reply.
Even that incongruity is a known phenomenon of humanity. People here on the threads have been quoting variations on 'the cobbler's children go barefoot' since the first pictures of his home showed up in articles.

It's a people thing, not serial killer thing.

And the fact that he has a disabled child and also appears to spend a lot of his income on sex workers probably factors into it. The money he is earning is going into things other than his house.

MOO

AT the :57 minute mark when they're sitting down, they mention a new office, and he says he wasn't eager to do the interview "under scaffolds". Is it possible that that was just a 4th story temporary office while the one on the 11th upper floor, was being worked on?

I mentioned his cheap office chairs. MOO, for someone that big of an ogre, it looks so wrong to see him settle into that small dainty office chair.
View attachment 434948View attachment 434949

L'INTERVIEW with Rex, Dept. Of Buildings consultant & facilitator
sorry if this was already pointed out but this interview appears to have been conducted at the WeWork co-working space on the building's 4th floor. If you google the address of the building, the WeWork space comes up and there are lots of photos of it.

13 years or not, IMO, this eyewitness identification that will be reiterated at trial, will carry weight with the jury simply because this man stands out and is so imposing. Opinion/speculation only
It is disturbing that the police didn't find the vehicle link much, much earlier.
Especially if it is discovered that this bloke has murdered more people since Gilgo Beach. (which wouldn't surprise me)

For others who may not have read it, this is from the bail document ...

"In January 2022,the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office assigned an experienced team of investigators, analysts, and prosecutors to work jointly with law enforcement partners from the Suffolk County Police Department, New York State Police, Suffolk County Sheriff's Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ).

A comprehensive review of every item of evidence and information in this investigation was undertaken by the team . March 14, 2022, approximately two months into the renewed joint investigation, this comprehensive review led to the discovery of a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche that was registered to Defendant Rex A. Heuermann at the time of these murders.

As described below, this was significant, because a witness to the disappearance of Amber Costello identified a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche as the vehicle believed to have been driven by her killer."
It's odd that the initial investigators were prevented from following the breadcrumbs RH left. I don't even know how he thought he was going to get away with Amber's murder when he knew his face and car had been seen by Amber's supposed boyfriend. He didn't even take the precaution of using a new burner phone to call her on the second night. It makes one wonder.

It's odd that the initial investigators were prevented from following the breadcrumbs RH left. I don't even know how he thought he was going to get away with Amber's murder when he knew his face and car had been seen by Amber's supposed boyfriend. He didn't even take the precaution of using a new burner phone to call her on the second night. It makes one wonder.
He'd been killing for years by then. And not just killing, but taunting the families. He was confident nobody would find him. And for over a decade, he was right.

But he seriously misjudged how connected the victims he chose were to their families and friends. Those people were never going to forget their loved ones and be quiet.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member