Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That begs the question "when" did the victim's families obtain an attorney??
Was he obtained as of late?
If so the prolonged stalking and threatening of him, his family and the victims is taunting and gusty.
John Ray has been with the families for many years. IIRC he originally represented Shannan Gilbert’s mother, when she was having difficulty getting help from LE. After she passed away, I believe he began representing some children and family of the other victims.

Last edited:
13 years or not, IMO, this eyewitness identification that will be reiterated at trial, will carry weight with the jury simply because this man stands out and is so imposing. Opinion/speculation only
Wouldn't it be the credibility of the witnesses that will be most challenged? They admit they cheated the "John" one night, when they saw him and his vehicle. I read there was drug usage among the roommates, who didn't bother to report her missing. This man does stand out and the observation of vehicle type started the unraveling that led to the arrest. If it goes to trial, this will be one interesting trial.

Looks like the house has a basement. What's down there?

View attachment 434878
View attachment 434882 I'm surprised that rinky dink added wood meets code requirements. JMO, no personal integrity from a man who is an architect that works with code.
View attachment 434884 Is he wearing a wig? MOO, he has such light colored eyebrows and his shaven cheek hair looks to be coming in light, and yet his head hair is too dark and rich in color. MOO, I saw he wore a wedding ring in that interview he did. His hands do not match his body. He has slender hands for such a big body. MOO, chilling, soulless eyes.

All my own perceptions and opinions
He wanted to appear younger for his Craigslist dates. In the bathroom selfies, his hair appears to be dyed. Guys who color their hair usually neglect to color their eyebrows and beards. It's a dead giveaway (IMO).

John Ray has been with the families for many years. IIRC he originally represented Shannan Gilbert’s mother, when she was having difficulty getting help from LE. After she passed away, I believe he began representing some children of other victims.
Thank you for this info.

As I'm sure we all do, I have a million questions. I feel like I need a massive white board to diagram out all my thoughts. I do wonder if more cases will eventually be linked to him. Based on the VERY specific things he was searching, I would wonder if there is something about the age 10... Did something happen to him at that age, did something happen to someone else at that age?

Will there be younger victims, male victims, victims murdered by different methods (torture can be so many things)?

Where else has he lived, vacationed to regularly - are there any other similar dumping ground/MO in any of these areas he has been?

He seemed pretty tech friendly. I wouldn't have even known much about burner phones 15 years ago and I would like to say I've always been pretty tech savvy.

When else was family out of town without him? Are there other possible dates to look for? Even if not in the area he lives/ works, maybe he went out of town while they were out of town.

All MOO. Just things rattling around in my brain right now.
I believe his father died when he was a child (11ish).

Being more visual, I need to study what I see. Still wondering if he wears a wig. Just looks odd on that one side where I put red dots. As an astute member here pointed out, sometimes it's straight other times curly.View attachment 434905 ...View attachment 434906 None of his hair was left at the scenes, just his wife's?

MOO, he is so full of himself in this video. He has the nerve to brag he knows all about old city codes, etc., and he keeps his house like a dump. This is from the interview Just my own perception as I study this monster. Wears a wedding band. He does use his hands a lot to express himself. His fingers are slender and his hands looks more delicate than to be on his lumbering big body. Pics of his hands from the video interview.
View attachment 434908View attachment 434902
View attachment 434899View attachment 434900

The picture of the belt here was very helpful to see, so bringing it forward.

View attachment 434903
It does look like a thick wig or he gets his hair ‘did’ for closeups.

John Ray has been with the families for many years. IIRC he originally represented Shannan Gilbert’s mother, when she was having difficulty getting help from LE. After she passed away, I believe he began representing some children and family of the other victims.
Yes, but it is brought out the calls were only weeks before the arrest. That is prolonged gutsy.

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this info.
There also used to be another attorney who wore very interesting suits, very dressy, Can’t recall his name or what happened to him.

Nvmnd., it’s still John. He‘s a snappy dresser

Being more visual, I need to study what I see. Still wondering if he wears a wig. Just looks odd on that one side where I put red dots. As an astute member here pointed out, sometimes it's straight other times curly.View attachment 434905 ...View attachment 434906 None of his hair was left at the scenes, just his wife's?

MOO, he is so full of himself in this video. He has the nerve to brag he knows all about old city codes, etc., and he keeps his house like a dump. This is from the interview Just my own perception as I study this monster. Wears a wedding band. He does use his hands a lot to express himself. His fingers are slender and his hands looks more delicate than to be on his lumbering big body. Pics of his hands from the video interview.
View attachment 434908View attachment 434902
View attachment 434899View attachment 434900

The picture of the belt here was very helpful to see, so bringing it forward.

View attachment 434903
It does look like a thick wig or he gets his hair ‘did’ for closeups.

I agree. As un-maintained as the front of the house looks, the garden stuff in the backyard looks rather normal for someone into gardening. I am also hoping the wife was the gardener and nothing yucky happened back there. Time will tell.

jmo
I can't help but wonder what is UNDER those greenhouses.
I agree. Someone's a gardener and probably composts. Looks like they're into growing food.

View attachment 434911
View attachment 434912
g61118.gif

What's down in that cellar?
View attachment 434915
View attachment 434916

What I find interesting is:

* The atty had been getting taunting calls weeks before the arrest. By a man and a woman.

* Other people say RH didn't have anything to do with the death of a woman who's torso was found. That was Jesica Taylor.

* Yet, John Ray, only represents the families of Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor.

* John Ray was given RH's name and another name as who would be arrested.

* If Shannon Gilbert or Jessica Taylor were not RH's victims, why waste his time taunting the atty and the victims families??

* If Shannon and Jessica were not RH"s victims why would FBI keep John Ray updated on the impending arrest??

MOO there were many many many victims...

I've now heard RH's surname pronounced about 3 different ways...
Not that it matters.
Somewhat amusing to think he's miffed about the media talking heads not saying his last name correctly.
But of course he has other worries now ....
Omo.

It is disturbing that the police didn't find the vehicle link much, much earlier.
Especially if it is discovered that this bloke has murdered more people since Gilgo Beach. (which wouldn't surprise me)

For others who may not have read it, this is from the bail document ...

"In January 2022,the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office assigned an experienced team of investigators, analysts, and prosecutors to work jointly with law enforcement partners from the Suffolk County Police Department, New York State Police, Suffolk County Sheriff's Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ).

A comprehensive review of every item of evidence and information in this investigation was undertaken by the team . March 14, 2022, approximately two months into the renewed joint investigation, this comprehensive review led to the discovery of a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche that was registered to Defendant Rex A. Heuermann at the time of these murders.

As described below, this was significant, because a witness to the disappearance of Amber Costello identified a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche as the vehicle believed to have been driven by her killer."
I personally wonder when that tidbit was actually given to the police. You see, it was Amber Costello. She and her roomies had conned the "Ogre" type guy by her pretending her "boyfriend" was coming and RH ran out, leaving behind his payment for services not rendered. He called the next day and wanted to remeet, but somewhere other than her place because of the "boyfriend." It was mentioned that Costello and her roomies were into drugs. Also, they were cons and prostitutes. Her roommates did not report her missing. Once the body was discovered and ID'd, naturally, LE interviewed those involved. But do you really believe it's likely they just spilled all the details? Could that have been a new detail that someone finally admitted after the formation of the Taskforce in January 2022 led to lots of follow-up re-interviewing? I can't see Costello's friends just blurting out all that information early on.

anyone with any psych knowledge want to explain to me what kind of serial killer taunts victims' families? Isn't just killing victims a sufficient act of cruelty? curious if he was "nice" to his family or if he was abusive to them too.
I believe, RH was the third child of his wife, conducted by her in a peaceful manner (or not).
(Curious, how it will turn out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member