Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk on the old WS threads about possible LISK connections to FL and NJ. I really don't know. My gut feeling is that RH isn't involved in any FL murders but then again... nothing would surprise me.
IIRC, the old discussion of a Florida connection was related to a possible SK who lived in FL during the winter and came north to LI to prey on women during the spring and summer.

ETA: IIRC it was a theory some members were discussing.

Last edited:
She either had a complete break or we take her call (that you linked above) for what she said. Namely, something happened in that house to make her fear she was in real danger and this is why she initially wouldn't leave the house to go outside when asked. Instead she called 911 and sounds like she was trying to conceal the fact that she did. She wanted 911 to come get her. She didn't care if she ended up in jail or not. Whatever was happening, she thought Pak was in on it even asking him if he set it up and set her up. She no longer trusted him and wouldn't get in the car with him. If this was nothing nefarious but her simply having some sort of break, why didn't one of them call 911 to get her out of there. They didn't want their own dirty laundry exposed, that's why. So either way you cut it, whether she was killed or if she unfortunately died as a result of running into the marsh, everyone there that night failed her. I have concerns about the end of that call being gone bc it seemed that dispatch was not disconnecting so whatever happened after, would have been recorded. MOO
Maybe, another girl was tortured or ended up dead before her eyes? (Idk, how long she had been in the house, when she called 911.)

This is a long shot but I live in Florida and I have been following the Gilgo case but a few years back on I95 we a a string of murder ppl on the side of the road starting in Port Saint Lucie all the way to vero beach do you think this could be connected to Gilgo
You know what? I'm circling back to this because I've been reading a lot the past few hours.
Heuermann did travel.

Do you have dates of disappearanes? I have some vague dates for when RH travelled alone... driving. Down South. I'll cross reference.

Last edited:
Maybe, another girl was tortured or ended up dead before her eyes? (Idk, how long she had been in the house, when she called 911.)
She wasn’t there too long. Many speculated something was done or said to make her believe her life was in danger. There was also speculation she had been drugged. She had never had an experience like this at previous customer “encounters”.

The chief of Suffolk County PD who headed the investigation into her disappearance was later reported to have participated in sex parties, treated sex workers badly and was found to have a torture snuff video in his possession. He was a friend/acquaintance of Dr Peter Hackett, who was the last person to see Shannan alive. Her clothing and body were found behind his house.

what is the significance of Howell? is he a suspected serial killer too?

From the context, I think that they think that he’s a relative of ‘Peaches.’ Note that he died in 1963 at age 36.

I also suspect that a birth out of wedlock is complicating the genealogy tracing, and that’s why they’re asking other family members if they know of a connection.

MOO and guesses

Apparently he would constantly and at random bring up the case to people he just met. He was obsessed and knew all the details and it was like his opener at parties or Bars ext. He took being a true crime fan to a sadistic personal level. Not to difficult to see why some saw him as creepy.

An interesting post from back in 2012. The duck burlap?? Hunting club? I wonder if anything came of this persons tips.
It might be that the killer purchased the camo burlap solely for the purpose of making the corpse less visible, and therefore less likely to be discovered; perhaps having nothing to do with duck hunting at all.

What a week!
First and foremost, a huge kudos to SCPD and our new DA for a job well done.
And to their predecessors a huge @#$& &$# for halting the investigation and delaying closure for the families to cover their own behinds and illegal activities for so many years. these families have been living a nightmare and deserved answers.

So much to unpack with this . But I am stuck on the doll in the cabinet because I do remember discussion of time out dolls left at the memorial sites. Went back to older threads and found mention. Coincidence?

I have a gut feeling he will be responsible for other horrible crimes. Earlier, later and in between. Here, there and everywhere. IMO someone who dismembers and spreads remains, googles his own crimes, taunts family members and continues to contact/frequent sex workers is active.

Waiting anxiously for the search docs to be released. I think they will reveal a lot.

Well FWIW, I don't think he was wearing any kind of hairpiece when he was arrested.

In the profile shot in this article, it just looks like tousled bedhead to me.

If it's a hairpiece, it's the most unevenly cut one I've ever seen.

Not that this is important in the least in the big scheme of things.

There is no way he could have been wearing a hairpiece in his booking photo. That is strictly not allowed and not for females either. You can see that he has on a suicide 'dress' so he would have already had to have been showered and so forth. That is his real hair, IMO.

This is a long shot but I live in Florida and I have been following the Gilgo case but a few years back on I95 we a a string of murder ppl on the side of the road starting in Port Saint Lucie all the way to vero beach do you think this could be connected to Gilgo
You know what? I'm circling back to this because I've been reading a lot the past few hours.
Heuermann did travel.

Do you have dates of disappearanes? I have some vague dates for when RH travelled alone... driving. Down South. I'll cross reference.
It started in August of 2020

Heuermann did travel.

It all started in August of 2020 I just went and looked but they also had some in Broward County on I 95

Is it possible he kept that same truck all these years? They took it away on a flatbed and it looks like the same Avalanche described by the witnesses - that seems a bit sloppy considering all the lengths he went to with the burner phones
Well, he IS a sloppy guy. I mean, come on! Who calls their burner phone with their own registered cellphone?! If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

He called himself the problem solver in that interview with BonJour Realty on Youtube. Detail orientated. Well, he sure left it up to a wish and a prayer that covering the Gilgo 4 with some camo burlap and putting them on a barrier island was enough to keep him a free man. The more I think about it, I think he was absolute poop at planning and details. It turns out the ONLY reason he didn't get caught was because Gilgo Beach was that much of a remote of a place and the police out here bungled it up so bad by being so damn corrupt.
bbm

I agree. His attention to details was sloppy like using cellphones of victims to check voicemails and contacts and make menacing calls, but not thinking that provides evidence. He might think using a burner phone is clever planning, but he took selfies and went to a store in person to add data - oh, but he wore sunglasses so surely that clever attention detail will save him from detection.

jmo

“We feel we can prove these three murders,” Ray Tierney said on “CNN This Morning.”

“We’re also confident that we’re going to be able to eventually charge that fourth murder,” Tierney said.

“We have a description of the last individual who saw the final victim, Amber Costello, alive that matches that of this defendant, who has a rather unique physical appearance,” Tierney said. “We have phone evidence, and we also have that DNA evidence.”

When asked whether investigators expect to connect Heuermann to more victims, Carter said, “As we continue to gather evidence, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove